Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

**** results tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Win is nearly essential tonight after nearly all the results last night going against us in terms of progressing up the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Tell me about it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Everyone starting to make there move

Hopefully we are too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

think chelsea will drop points again.

like i said in another forum. chelsea wont run away with the league and IMO wil still go down to the last game or two.

They will falter like everyone else has.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

think chelsea will drop points again.

like i said in another forum. chelsea wont run away with the league and IMO wil still go down to the last game or two.

They will falter like everyone else has.

hope so johnny.

I couldn't handle a chelsea invincibles!
    although they are a very decent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

We're live on BT Sport 1 tonight! Come on Arsenal! (7:45pm KO)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Linked with Andre-Pierre Gignac today in the papers. He has said he will be leaving Marseille as his contract is up in the summer. They might sell him in January to get something for him or lose him for nothing in the summer. 11 goals in 16 games so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Can he play centre half?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

He ain't all that and a bag of chips tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gignac? Is this 5 years ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

wonga77 wrote: »
    Linked with Andre-Pierre Gignac today in the papers. He has said he will be leaving Marseille as his contract is up in the summer. They might sell him in January to get something for him or lose him for nothing in the summer. 11 goals in 16 games so far this season

This better not be true, we need an upgrade on Giroud and Welbeck not another striker who is of less quality, ive seen milk turn quicker than Gignac hes slow as a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This better not be true, we need an upgrade on Giroud and Welbeck not another striker who is of less quality, ive seen milk turn quicker than Gignac hes slow as a boat.

Well, we don't need a striker in this window, full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Gignac is one of those rumours that wont go away, he's gonna be cheap soon so maybe Wenger was playing the waiting game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Next up is gourcoff then kalou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

2+2 = 17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Gignac is you guys Sneijder isn't he?

Well, we don't need a striker in this window, full stop.

I think the defensive positions is of more urgency, get Jenks back off loan, buy a top centre half to replace Mertesacker and defensive midfielder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Hahaha

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/can-arsenal-still-win-premier-4738859

An article written by Wengerknowsbest, they guy i keep quoting from Twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

kryogen wrote: »
    Gignac is you guys Sneijder isn't he?

Gourcouff or Kalou is probably our Sneijder but Gignac is certainly up there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Predictions for tonight? Given that its at home I'm expecting a close win, especially with their recent result against man city and with schneiderlin out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I reckon we will win 1 or 2 nil, also have a sneaky feeling our good friends and neighbors will do everyone a favor against Chelski.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Next up is gourcoff then kalou.

Don't forget Zigic :pac:

salmocab wrote: »
    I reckon we will win 1 or 2 nil, also have a sneaky feeling our good friends and neighbors will do everyone a favor against Chelski.

You got a warning for saying Ch€lski, WOW :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Swift justice, pity soccer in general doesn't follow boards lead.

• Advertisement

Haha seems a bit harsh alright, you get a warning for not using correct punctuation on here so not surprised.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You can also get warnings for discussing moderation in thread so cut it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Godin at Athletico is available , if you go by the papers. Hes a great CB, might even be able to play DM.

He might be tempted by Arsenal what with all the spanish already here, and he also chips in with a few goals .

Go on Arsene spend the money, I promise we will all buy new kit in January to boost the coffers.

Godin at Athletico is available , if you go by the papers. Hes a great CB, might even be able to play DM.

He might be tempted by Arsenal what with all the spanish already here, and he also chips in with a few goals .

Go on Arsene spend the money, I promise we will all buy new kit in January to boost the coffers.

He's a solid CB would never dream of putting him in the holding role tho. Would be a good buy but I'm hoping for better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

He's a solid CB would never dream of putting him in the holding role tho. Would be a good buy but I'm hoping for better.

:pac:

I hope you mean better at CDM and not better at CB

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    :pac:

I hope you mean better at CDM and not better at CB

I said hoping not expecting ;) Ideally Vincent Kompany or Thiago Silva :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hoping we sign a holding mid to ya know, play holding mid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Haha seems a bit harsh alright, you get a warning for not using correct punctuation on here so not surprised.

I'm not sure why it's not allowed... it's not offensive / racist. It's not even on "Gooners" level and we call ourselves that, never mind what our North London neighbours call themselves.

Always struck me as a pretty apt title for them post Russian revolution tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Jaafa wrote: »
    Predictions for tonight? Given that its at home I'm expecting a close win, especially with their recent result against man city and with schneiderlin out.

I would expect a draw or a loss...based on our recent form...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Southampton are dangerous, (no sht sherlock) , they were flat on Sunday aginast city, you could tell it was one of those days when no one was playing well. I think the build up of being top 4 and playing top 4 had wasted alot of nervous energy in the week before.
    Thats out of the way and they will have apoint to prove tonight.
    They seem a big physical side , athletic also, Koeman will have identified why they were so flat and may even start Long who will give our CBs some issues, anyone remmebr Arsenal conceding fast break away goals recently.

I would love a win, but will be happy with a draw .

However well Southampton are going I find it really disappointing that some are talking about a home match against them and being alright with getting a draw.

However well Southampton are going I find it really disappointing that some are talking about a home match against them and being alright with getting a draw.

Southampton are playing well yes!

But they've beaten dirt narrowly all this season. They keep bottling it against 'big' teams , they've lost to spurs, city, liverpool.. and will continue to lose against arsenal, united and chelsea. They'll be back to mid-table mediocracy in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Southampton are playing well yes!

But they've beaten dirt narrowly all this season. They keep bottling it against 'big' teams , they've lost to spurs, city, liverpool.. and will continue to lose against arsenal, united and chelsea. They'll be back to mid-table mediocracy in no time.

So, like us, basically?

keano_afc wrote: »
    So, like us, basically?

We'll beat them. It won't be pretty but we'll beat them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

They lost 3-0 at home 3 days ago ffs, no reason why we shouldn't beat them.

• Advertisement

They lost 3-0 at home 3 days ago ffs, no reason why we shouldn't beat them.

Unfortunately i can think of a few.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Won't be happy with anything less than a win. Last few games have been encouraging though so I think we'll do it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Won't be happy with anything less than a win. Last few games have been encouraging though so I think we'll do it.

Another clean sheet tonight and SOME hope will be restored for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

If we keep that maturity we've shown defensively in the last two games we'll win tonight. When we lose the ball we need to sit back and soak up the pressure, the counter quickly. Only way I can't see us winning is if we go back to playing like headless chickens again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Monreal and ox start, Gibbs and Giroud on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Arsenal: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Welbeck
    Subs: Macey, Gibbs, Bellerin, Rosicky, Podolski, Sanogo, Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Strong side, I expect victory

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Arsenal: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Welbeck
    Subs: Macey, Gibbs, Bellerin, Rosicky, Podolski, Sanogo, Giroud

My biggest worry is that Sanchez looked bolloxed against West Brom, he needs a rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

My biggest worry is that Sanchez looked bolloxed against West Brom, he needs a rest.

He needs to stay away from his girlfriend for a few hours.

....But i won't blame him if he doesn't :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Any match thread tonight lads? Worth me posting one up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement