Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Andre Marriner refs tonight! Let's hope he eyesight has improved since the last time he referred in one of our games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Cant help but watch Flamini so far, twice im after seeing him on the right wing!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Does any team in the EPL pass the ball back to their keeper as much as we do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Aaron....Aaron :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Can't blame Mert for doing it, if he takes even half a chance and gets caught he will get done for pace by 99% of players in the league. He'd be world class if he had pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's because too many players are pedestrian and like many games this year when teams press us we go backwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sanchez you beauty! 1-0 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Good win against a very tough team.

Thought we defended very well but were very lackluster upfront. When Giroud came on we really went up a level. I'd like us to play maybe 2 up front with Danny and Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Can we never drop Giroud again for the rest of the season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

I'd say the BT sports crowd would have jizzed themselves if southampton drew by the sounds of their commentators

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Great result, another clean sheet, delighted. Poor performance tho, lucky to snatch it in the end with them down to 10 some more terrible subs from Arsene, i have to wonder why Rosicky even bothers going to matches anymore. I'm happy for Martinez to keep Szcz out when he returns until we see what he's all about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Important 3 points, made hard work of it though. Forster was excellent tbf, Giroud and even pod improved things when introduced.
    Ramsey - whats going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭emmetlego

We looked solid at the back.

Forster kept them in it. I was preparing to write a "shut up lads, we played well, these are a good team, this is a good point", but Giroud gave us great impetus, and Alexis pops up, right man in the right place.

Ramsey even improved after Giroud came on...

Delighted with that. Time for a glass of red!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm starting too like the look of marteniz dominated the box tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I was right about Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Vital vital 3 points there for us especially with everybody around us winning the last few days. Very impressed with Martinez in goal, 3 clean sheets in a row now for the young lad, there can be a case made for him keeping the number 1 spot.

I'm starting too like the look of marteniz dominated the box tonight

Looks very confident and assured.
    Better than Chez from what we've seen so far from him.

I won't go that far yet but he does look good and will offer proper competition

I really would love to see Podolski start a game or two. He came on and just gave us that bit of drive forward we needed. Should have had an assist but for a wonderful save and could have had a goal or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Yes hope he keeps his spot, really liking Martinez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Great win were grinding the results out, now for a few key players to return.

I won't go that far yet but he does look good and will offer proper competition

Imagine how poor Ospina feels right now… 3 decent GK's now in the club… Strength in depth…

Now to the defence! :)

This could be. Massive massive result

We're starting to get on a bit of a run and we have players starting to return

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Flamini has improved a lot the last few games, seems to have calmed down his game a bit and just sticks to his job.

Great result considering the overall performance was pretty limp.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

They're a decent team Southampton

Poor performance but atleast we've turned two of them into wins.

Great to have Giroud back

Great result. Poor enough performance.
    We were 2 minutes away from another poor result and a lot of grief.
    I have rarely seen a worse and lackadaisical first half.

Great to get further up the table at the expense of a higher placed team.
    We should kick on from here.

Great result. Poor enough performance.
    We were 2 minutes away from another poor result and a lot of grief.
    I have rarely seen a worse and lackadaisical first half.

Great to get further up the table at the expense of a higher placed team.
    We should kick on from here.

It was a weird game we were poor but there keeper pulled off 3 world class saves we could have won easy too Ys get me

3 tough games in 7 days I would send the reserve team too gala in midweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Its great to have Koscielney back, coupled with Martinez in goal and flamini in a much more defensive position we look a lot more solid.

Next on the agenda is getting our injured players back, getting Ramsey back playing, and keep racking up the wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

bad2dabone wrote: »
    They're a decent team Southampton

yeah, very impressed with them, very solid team, I wouldn't be surprised if they manage to finish near the top 6.

Important 3 points, keep us on track for now.
    I agree with Mr Blobby about the two up front, it could work against some defences.

We also need to find a game that Alexis will rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

How bad is Walcott set-back. Anyone know when he's likely to play again.

We're all raving about marteniz

A few are mentioning flamini playing better And how were defending better

The common denominater here is Kos he is truly world class

greendom wrote: »
    How bad is Walcott set-back. Anyone know when he's likely to play again.

I wouldn't rely too much on walcott this season

Just play him here and there cause he is going to pick up them little niggly injuries

We're all racing about marteniz

A little rusty on Saturday where he played the last man onside on a couple of a occasions, and 1 occasion today where Pelle turned him very easily. Apart from that though he's been superb and we are now beginning to see the Metersacker of last season after a very poor start to this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

We're all raving about marteniz

Yeah that block from the Pelle volley would have been a certain goal and we'd have been behind with the crowd on our backs. When the game comes down to the most crucial of margins it just shows you how good Laurent is for us.

greendom wrote: »
    A little rusty on Saturday where he played the last man onside on a couple of a occasions, and 1 occasion today where Pelle turned him very easily. Apart from that though he's been superb and we are now beginning to see the Metersacker of last season after a very poor start to this one.

I think just him been there makes everyone and the system better, even when his individual performance is not thAt good

Was delighted to see our two CB's staying back and not going up to the half-way line. They would have been caught out with a high ball over the top and Long's pace.
    Our defence is now playing well with Kos back steadying the ship.
    Debuchy back in two weeks too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Debuchy back in two weeks too.

General question for every Gooner here: who do we play at right-back: Chambers or Debuchy?

General question for every Gooner here: who do we play at right-back: Chambers or Debuchy?

Debuchy

• Advertisement

Be great to have that choice. Has to be Debuchy for me as well as Chambers has done. Much more experienced, and we need Chambers for centre-back cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Debuchy, with Chambers and Kosc in the middle.

Bellerin and jenks for cover, monreal and gibbs for LB

Sell Mertesacker and buy 2 good CB's thats just my dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Debuchy, with Chambers and Kosc in the middle.

Bellering and jenks for cover, monreal and gibbs for LB

RIP Mertesacker

We might see a bit chambers in the middle now with debuchy back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Some massive arsenal fan posted this lol

Poor performance in general helped massively by an incompetent ref, we got freekick after freekick of which most weren't anything. We finally got a winning goal against a 10 man and clearly frustrated/knackered team and even then it was relatively fluky.

Not sure if they'd have held up for the draw if they didn't go down to 10, not sure we'd have won if their most important player wasn't injured in the previous game. We looked toothless and pointless once again for the best part of what 70 minutes. Welbeck still looks a complete donkey, Giroud looks improved.... I'm not sure how much of that is his sudden willingness to shoot with more power and even run at the defence and how much is just because we get to compare him to Welbeck

Ox/Caz shouldn't be starting games, both entirely useless. Second game in a row, going into a busy period with worse weather when players often get injured that Wenger again used only two subs after naming pretty much the same starting line up.

Someone important will get injured, it will be due to no rotation and no resting and it will be entirely Wenger's fault. Monreal got a knock in the last game, he seemed to hurt himself within the first two minutes and continued to play the whole game even though he's apparently our only CB cover. Not only did he not give Bellarin a chance, he didn't bring him, or Rosicky on. He's asking for injury trouble, he refuses to sensibly rotate and ends up being an injury crisis every damn year and he's walking right into the same problem again.

Realistically we should have rested players for the last game and had a fresher first team to play in this game. Instead watch us name almost the same line up for a tough away game at Stoke.

I'd keep Mert, a great leader, and a good solid CH, especially beside Kosc (legend)!!!

I'd like to see Chambers in the Flam/Arteta role in the fizzy cup. JUST FOR KICKS

Poor performance in general helped massively by an incompetent ref, we got freekick after freekick of which most weren't anything. We finally got a winning goal against a 10 man and clearly frustrated/knackered team and even then it was relatively fluky.

Not sure if they'd have held up for the draw if they didn't go down to 10, not sure we'd have won if their most important player wasn't injured in the previous game. We looked toothless and pointless once again for the best part of what 70 minutes. Welbeck still looks a complete donkey, Giroud looks improved.... I'm not sure how much of that is his sudden willingness to shoot with more power and even run at the defence and how much is just because we get to compare him to Welbeck

Ox/Caz shouldn't be starting games, both entirely useless. Second game in a row, going into a busy period with worse weather when players often get injured that Wenger again used only two subs after naming pretty much the same starting line up.

Someone important will get injured, it will be due to no rotation and no resting and it will be entirely Wenger's fault. Monreal got a knock in the last game, he seemed to hurt himself within the first two minutes and continued to play the whole game even though he's apparently our only CB cover. Not only did he not give Bellarin a chance, he didn't bring him, or Rosicky on. He's asking for injury trouble, he refuses to sensibly rotate and ends up being an injury crisis every damn year and he's walking right into the same problem again.

Realistically we should have rested players for the last game and had a fresher first team to play in this game. Instead watch us name almost the same line up for a tough away game at Stoke.

Way too many holes in that to start picking. I'm off to bed as it gets darker for me here in my hometown (for 1 night) and i shudve been asleep hours ago!!

COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

B39xI85CYAE5thz.png

What the fcuk is this?!!

B39xI85CYAE5thz.png

What the fcuk is this?!!

This is a team on the up having a huge season so far, to be admired........

If you're going to do misery at least make it your own work!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement