Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Soups123 wrote: »
    This is a team on the up having a huge season so far, to be admired........

Hardly deserving of such a headline yet though, they haven't actually achieved anything worthwhile yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

B39xI85CYAE5thz.png

What the fcuk is this?!!

23 games pffff. Come back to me when its over 40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanchez 14 (9)
    Welbeck 6 (3)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Giroud 3 (2)
    Ox 2(1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Cazorla 1 (0)
    Chambers 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (0)
    Sanogo 1(0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Some massive arsenal fan posted this lol

Poor performance in general helped massively by an incompetent ref, we got freekick after freekick of which most weren't anything. We finally got a winning goal against a 10 man and clearly frustrated/knackered team and even then it was relatively fluky.

Not sure if they'd have held up for the draw if they didn't go down to 10, not sure we'd have won if their most important player wasn't injured in the previous game. We looked toothless and pointless once again for the best part of what 70 minutes. Welbeck still looks a complete donkey, Giroud looks improved.... I'm not sure how much of that is his sudden willingness to shoot with more power and even run at the defence and how much is just because we get to compare him to Welbeck

Ox/Caz shouldn't be starting games, both entirely useless. Second game in a row, going into a busy period with worse weather when players often get injured that Wenger again used only two subs after naming pretty much the same starting line up.

Someone important will get injured, it will be due to no rotation and no resting and it will be entirely Wenger's fault. Monreal got a knock in the last game, he seemed to hurt himself within the first two minutes and continued to play the whole game even though he's apparently our only CB cover. Not only did he not give Bellarin a chance, he didn't bring him, or Rosicky on. He's asking for injury trouble, he refuses to sensibly rotate and ends up being an injury crisis every damn year and he's walking right into the same problem again.

Realistically we should have rested players for the last game and had a fresher first team to play in this game. Instead watch us name almost the same line up for a tough away game at Stoke.

Did you share this absolute shíte with us because you agree with it? Makes me question your level of intelligence

B3-AXn5IMAApYH5.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

byrneg28 wrote: »
    We'll beat them. It won't be pretty but we'll beat them

I'll just leave this here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

greendom wrote: »
    Sanchez 14 (9)
    Welbeck 6 (3)
    Ramsey 3 (2)
    Giroud 3 (2)
    Ox 2(1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Cazorla 1 (0)
    Chambers 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (0)
    Sanogo 1(0)

Unbelievably stats for a winger who's just joined a new team,new country,new system and a girlfriend that rides him to the point of exhaustion! (lucky prick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Anyone think we should give Akpom a run out against Stoke on Saturday?

He scored a hatrick against Bristol a few days ago and is banging them in for fun at U21 level.

He's defintely ready to make the step up, if he doesn't get game time he should be loaned in January to a Championship or even Premier League side.
    Seems like an exciting prospect anyway.

On the Giroud performance, I've said it here before, he was the missing link and his absence a contributing factor to our lacklustre performances in the season so far. He brings up the performances around him, and makes the team play with a better tempo and fluidity. The dip in Ramsey's form in part is attributable to his absence imo, and it will be no surprise to see Ramsey's performances picking up again as Giroud receives more game time.

On top of this, I defintely think his shooting has improved. His goal against Man United and then a potential wondershot only for the hand of Forster points to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not a chance Akpom should or will start, it would be crazy. If Giroud is fit he'll start if not Welbeck then Sanonegoal.

Edit sorry you said run out! Still not a big issue for me, if he's right he'll breakthrough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Anyone think we should give Akpom a run out against Stoke on Saturday?

He scored a hatrick against Bristol a few days ago and is banging them in for fun at U21 level.

He's defintely ready to make the step up, if he doesn't get game time he should be loaned in January to a Championship or even Premier League side.
    Seems like an exciting prospect anyway.

On the Giroud performance, I've said it here before, he was the missing link and his absence a contributing factor to our lacklustre performances in the season so far. He brings up the performances around him, and makes the team play with a better tempo and fluidity. The dip in Ramsey's form in part is attributable to his absence imo, and it will be no surprise to see Ramsey's performances picking up again as Giroud receives more game time.

On top of this, I defintely think his shooting has improved. His goal against Man United and then a potential wondershot only for the hand of Forster points to this.

Absolutely. I've always been a fan of Giroud but one thing I never liked was when he shot from outside the box or from awkward angles like tonight. That was until about 8 or 9 months ago when he just seemed to starting finding his range a bit more, now he seems capable of scoring from anywhere.

This one for example last year. Missed the shot but was so close to be a wonder goal

EDIT: Just remembered this one too:

Absolutely. I've always been a fan of Giroud but one thing I never liked was when he shot from outside the box or from awkward angles like tonight. That was until about 8 or 9 months ago when he just seemed to starting finding his range a bit more, now he seems capable of scoring from anywhere.

This one for example last year. Missed the shot but was so close to be a wonder goal

EDIT: Just remembered this one too:

Big fan of Giroud always have been,

I personally think he's always had it in his locker, it's just the way we play forces defence in number and thus, never gets an opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

General question for every Gooner here: who do we play at right-back: Chambers or Debuchy?

Debuchy, no contest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Big win in this busy period, I'm not Girouds biggest fan but a massive player for us to have back and he showed that yesterday.

I'd also play the reserves against gala, it's inevitable that we face Bayern if we come second or barca if by some miracle we top the group

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Big win in this busy period, I'm not Girouds biggest fan but a massive player for us to have back and he showed that yesterday.

I'd also play the reserves against gala, it's inevitable that we face Bayern if we come second or barca if by some miracle we top the group
    Definitely a game for those without much game time, Poldolski, Rosicky, Campbell for example. I don't want to see Sanchez on the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Did you share this absolute shíte with us because you agree with it? Makes me question your level of intelligence

na lol!

i only agree with the part that we did not play that great . thats it!

Ramsey was poor tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

This might sound stupid, has it still not hit anyone else that Sanchez is an Arsenal player, i still cant believe it, how good is it to have a player of his calibre at Arsenal again!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Some massive arsenal fan posted this lol

Poor performance in general helped massively by an incompetent ref, we got freekick after freekick of which most weren't anything. We finally got a winning goal against a 10 man and clearly frustrated/knackered team and even then it was relatively fluky.

Not sure if they'd have held up for the draw if they didn't go down to 10, not sure we'd have won if their most important player wasn't injured in the previous game. We looked toothless and pointless once again for the best part of what 70 minutes. Welbeck still looks a complete donkey, Giroud looks improved.... I'm not sure how much of that is his sudden willingness to shoot with more power and even run at the defence and how much is just because we get to compare him to Welbeck

Ox/Caz shouldn't be starting games, both entirely useless. Second game in a row, going into a busy period with worse weather when players often get injured that Wenger again used only two subs after naming pretty much the same starting line up.

Someone important will get injured, it will be due to no rotation and no resting and it will be entirely Wenger's fault. Monreal got a knock in the last game, he seemed to hurt himself within the first two minutes and continued to play the whole game even though he's apparently our only CB cover. Not only did he not give Bellarin a chance, he didn't bring him, or Rosicky on. He's asking for injury trouble, he refuses to sensibly rotate and ends up being an injury crisis every damn year and he's walking right into the same problem again.

Realistically we should have rested players for the last game and had a fresher first team to play in this game. Instead watch us name almost the same line up for a tough away game at Stoke.

Honestly, apart from Bolded, whats wrong with this? Everyone just kind of said haha what a loada sh1te someone tell me why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

This might sound stupid, has it still not hit anyone else that Sanchez is an Arsenal player, i still cant believe it, how good is it to have a player of his calibre at Arsenal again!?!

Plus having players of his quality has to make it easier to sign top players, especially ones already at top european clubs. I know we have signed top players in the past but I presume when you go after Messi he has a look at who's there already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I wonder how we'll cope when the inevitable injury arrives.
    He will be over-played by Wenger because of his goals and then our troubles will start.
    I like Welbeck for his workrate but in front of goal he is nowhere near as good as Giroud and if Sanchez is injured or rested we will be lacking in the goals department.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

i was thinking about the squad today and how things can only get better now we have players returning etc. It then dawned on me that due to some sort of suppressed memory infliction I had completely forgotten about Ozil.

• Advertisement

Honestly, apart from Bolded, whats wrong with this? Everyone just kind of said haha what a loada sh1te someone tell me why?

A - The ref was poor for both teams, didn't see any signs of bias for us

B What was flukey about the goal ? It should have been a pen anyway

C - We can't use injuries as an excuse when half our team is missing and we perform badly, but it's ok to use it as a reason why we beat the opposition

D - Welbeck a complete donkey - that is unfair and plain wrong. and as he gets used to the players around him he will only improve. He's a highly intelligent player

E We've now reached the stage that we can blame Wenger for something before it happens. On Saturday he rested Ox and Gibbs and people were moaning before hand that they weren't playing. Typical damned if you do, damned if you don't argument. What would this poster be saying had we lost last night and rested players. Well we didn't get the points but at least all our players are being well looked after - Really don't think so!

What's wrong with it? Calling welbeck a donkey, he troubled their defense all game and if it wasn't for Forster he would have scored that header.

The poster is crying over bellerin and rosicky not being brought on, there was no need for either, and I know rosicky is a fans favourite but there's no place in that team for him in a tough game like last nights.

The poster also refers to monreal as our only cb cover, which is false because we have chambers.

I'm sure there's more but I think you get the gist of it, clearly written by the know-it-all down the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

No it's entirely accurate.

Especially the bit about rotation and rest.

Playing sh1te, losing games - we should defo start leaving our best players on the bench.

I mean give me one player we should have rested last night.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Have a look and see how many players Chelsea have rested. They have close to a permanent starting 11 that you'll see these days

C - We can't use injuries as an excuse when half our team is missing and we perform badly, but it's ok to use it as a reason why we beat the opposition

D - Welbeck a complete donkey - that is unfair and plain wrong. and as he gets used to the players around him he will only improve. He's a highly intelligent player

E We've now reached the stage that we can blame Wenger for something before it happens. On Saturday he rested Ox and Gibbs and people were moaning before hand that they weren't playing. Typical damned if you do, damned if you don't argument. What would this poster be saying had we lost last night and rested players. Well we didn't get the points but at least all our players are being well looked after - Really don't think so!

A. That's fair enough, so the ref was poor not biased.

B. The goal itself wasn't flukey. The win was, we played poor and couldn't break them down, if they hadn't gone to 10 men would we have got a goal?

C. Nobody said that? The guy was just making the point they were missing their best player.

D. IMO Welbeck is a donkey.

E. I wasn't moaning? We need to rest players and rotate nd more importantly play certain players, Wenger keeps using 2 subs, and using them very late on, we can't just play 11 players every game, especially not the same ones.
    What's wrong with it? Calling welbeck a donkey, he troubled their defense all game and if it wasn't for Forster he would have scored that header.

The poster is crying over bellerin and rosicky not being brought on, there was no need for either, and I know rosicky is a fans favourite but there's no place in that team for him in a tough game like last nights.

The poster also refers to monreal as our only cb cover, which is false because we have chambers.

I'm sure there's more but I think you get the gist of it, clearly written by the know-it-all down the pub

Welbeck is poor a finishing. The header was virtually right at Forster, he had a one on one with the entire right halve of the goal open, all he had to do was open his body and place in the corner instead he panics and swings a wild left foot at it.

No place in the team for Rosicky over Ramsey? I'll have to disagree.

Yes we have Chambers and Monreal, who bought started last night....
    gosplan wrote: »
    No it's entirely accurate.

Especially the bit about rotation and rest.

Playing sh1te, losing games - we should defo start leaving our best players on the bench.

I mean give me one player we should have rested last night.

Sarcasm doesn't help prove a point especially when you have none.

Sanchez or Ramsey would have been nice. With Rosicky and Campbell getting nearly zero game time it was warranted.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's not a team on the planet who would rest a player like Sanchez for a match of that importance. Fair enough dropping Ramsey due to form has some merit but suggesting we should have rested Sanchez (who won us the game) is flat out illogical.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    There's not a team on the planet who would rest a player like Sanchez for a match of that importance. Fair enough dropping Ramsey due to form has some merit but suggesting we should have rested Sanchez (who won us the game) is flat out illogical.

There are a few, a few teams that wouldn't even play him(Barca,Real).
    It's not illogical to rest your best player, you wouldn't be saying that if he played poor.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There are a few, a few teams that wouldn't even play him(Barca,Real).
    It's not illogical to rest your best player, you wouldn't be saying that if he played poor.

Yeah i would be, because dropping him makes no sense for such an important game and can't be rationalised on any level. When was the last time RM or Barca didn't play Ronaldo or Messi when they were fully fit in such an important game?

And also the fact that he didn't play poorly and scored the winning goal shows resting him would have been moronic.

Yeah i would be, because dropping him makes no sense for such an important game and can't be rationalised on any level. When was the last time RM or Barca didn't play Ronaldo or Messi when they were fully fit in such an important game?

Dropping him makes perfect sense, he's played in nearly every game for club and country and works his ass off, he needs a rest or he'll end up injured like the other guys who never get rested when they are fit (Ozil,Walcott,Arteta etc).

At home against Southampton is not exactly a can't miss game, they are in good form for sure but calling it such an important game might be going a bit too far. Anyway this is going completely off topic, i was asked to name a player that should have been rested i have Sanchez and Ramsey you agreed with Ramsey, job done.

And also the fact that he didn't play poorly and scored the winning goal shows resting him would have been moronic.

No it doesn't? What the hell kind of thing is that to say? Wenger knew he was going to score the winning goal did he? Anyone would have scored that goal btw, even if he didn't exist pod was there, be different if he scored a screamer but regardless nobody can see into the future

• Advertisement

This whole 10 men thing is chaos theory, they should have been down to ten men anyway with that Wanyama fella breaking down play, stepping on Sanchez' calf, making foul after foul.

Teams get luck sometimes and when we get it, we still say we play crap? What do you want? Against United we played well and lost, thats not good enough, against Southampton we played poor but won, thats not good enough.

We can beat Southampton with 11 men but not if they're just butchering us, breaking down our play.

It took Spain (arguably one of the greatest national teams of all time) 116 minutes to break down a fairly average dutch team with ten men because all De Jong and van Bommel felt like doing was kicking people as oppossed to playing football.

In hind-sight, I felt we didn't play as poorly as other people are saying, our combination play in midfield was shocking largely in part to Ramsey and Cazorla having an off day, but our play down the wings and in the box was superb and in addition to that our free kick set pieces have improved.

What's the big deal here? Never be happy some of these fans

(Im adding to your argument greendom, not disagreeing haha)

Dropping him makes perfect sense, he's played in nearly every game for club and country and works his ass off, he needs a rest or he'll end up injured like the other guys who never get rested when they are fit (Ozil,Walcott,Arteta etc).

At home against Southampton is not exactly a can't miss game, they are in good form for sure but calling it such an important game might be going a bit too far. Anyway this is going completely off topic, i was asked to name a player that should have been rested i have Sanchez and Ramsey you agreed with Ramsey, job done.

At home against southampton is a can't miss game in context of our current position in the league (below them) and the results of all the teams around us. The fact that he maintained his work rate without much bother and won us the game shows resting him would have been moronic and that he doesn't really need a rest too much. I think it would be prudent to rest him for the Gala game as there's not much riding on it but resting him last night would have been idiotic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So we should have rested the player that won us the game.

We'll get right on that :pac:

So we should have rested the player that won us the game.

We'll get right on that :pac:

not forgetting the player with the assist too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tbh, if I never see Welbeck, Sanchez or Ramsey start a game for Arsenal against a team higher than them in the league (United for example ;)) I'll be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

The notion that we didnt deserve to win last night is ridicilous. We created more and better chances.

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/540280394806222848

We are also have the highest Expected goals in the league. Im actually very confident things will look alot better in a couple of weeks and we will gather momentum. Statistically, we are performing very well this year, better than last year. Just need to turn that into points on the table now!

https://twitter.com/SteMc74/status/540479402581454848

A. That's fair enough, so the ref was poor not biased.

B. The goal itself wasn't flukey. The win was, we played poor and couldn't break them down, if they hadn't gone to 10 men would we have got a goal?

C. Nobody said that? The guy was just making the point they were missing their best player.

D. IMO Welbeck is a donkey.

E. I wasn't moaning? We need to rest players and rotate nd more importantly play certain players, Wenger keeps using 2 subs, and using them very late on, we can't just play 11 players every game, especially not the same ones.

Welbeck is poor a finishing. The header was virtually right at Forster, he had a one on one with the entire right halve of the goal open, all he had to do was open his body and place in the corner instead he panics and swings a wild left foot at it.

No place in the team for Rosicky over Ramsey? I'll have to disagree.

Yes we have Chambers and Monreal, who bought started last night....

Sarcasm doesn't help prove a point especially when you have none.

Sanchez or Ramsey would have been nice. With Rosicky and Campbell getting nearly zero game time it was warranted.

In what universe is rosicky a better option than Ramsey?

Your logic is absolutely backwards

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

We absolutely deserved the win last night - it wasn't pretty but we deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wow Bob, you've outdone yourself.

Fair play.

Meanwhile, everyone on planet earth sees that the most important thing right now is taking this fragile little run of victories and building on it.

That is not the same thing as resting our best goalscorer and only real box to box midfielder against a team in 2nd when we've just scraped our first win in three against a really poor team.

Additionally, the thing that's really obvious to everyone here is that if Sanchez was rested and the game goalless, you'd be leading the Wenger out charge.

I'm all for debate but your posts are nonsensical and show very little understanding of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This team misses ozil

I miss Ozil

On Martinez, I think he should keep his place as he hasn't put a foot wrong. Szcz should have to earn his place back now.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    This whole 10 men thing is chaos theory, they should have been down to ten men anyway with that Wanyama fella breaking down play, stepping on Sanchez' calf, making foul after foul.

Teams get luck sometimes and when we get it, we still say we play crap? What do you want? Against United we played well and lost, thats not good enough, against Southampton we played poor but won, thats not good enough.

We can beat Southampton with 11 men but not if they're just butchering us, breaking down our play.

It took Spain (arguably one of the greatest national teams of all time) 116 minutes to break down a fairly average dutch team with ten men because all De Jong and van Bommel felt like doing was kicking people as oppossed to playing football.

In hind-sight, I felt we didn't play as poorly as other people are saying, our combination play in midfield was shocking largely in part to Ramsey and Cazorla having an off day, but our play down the wings and in the box was superb and in addition to that our free kick set pieces have improved.

What's the big deal here? Never be happy some of these fans

(Im adding to your argument greendom, not disagreeing haha)

It;s not chaos theory, honestly do you think we would have scored with Aldervewield still on the field?

When we get lucky we still say we played crap?? We did play crap tho, and like you said we got lucky. I'm not giving out, i said last night i was delighted with the win and the clean sheet, I'm just wondering y everyone laughed st some dudes post where the majority of what he said was true, it was a poor performance.

At home against southampton is a can't miss game in context of our current position in the league (below them) and the results of all the teams around us. The fact that he maintained his work rate without much bother and won us the game shows resting him would have been moronic and that he doesn't really need a rest too much. I think it would be prudent to rest him for the Gala game as there's not much riding on it but resting him last night would have been idiotic.

Look if you think resting a great player is moronic so be it. If he gets injured don't be surprised.

On Martinez, I think he should keep his place as he hasn't put a foot wrong. Szcz should have to earn his place back now.

I have to agree with this. Ive been very impressed with Martinez, especially under crosses and his delivery. It should give Szcz some competition. I feel like he has been very comfortable this year and this could be the making of him as I still think hes our long term no. 1.

shano_88 wrote: »
    I have to agree with this. Ive been very impressed with Martinez, especially under crosses and his delivery. It should give Szcz some competition. I feel like he has been very comfortable this year and this could be the making of him as I still think hes our long term no. 1.

He also has a howitzer of a boot - he used it to good effect at times and is great to be able to mix it up to keep opposition defences on their toes.

Look if you think resting a great player is moronic so be it. If he gets injured don't be surprised.

Ah here pull your head out of your ass for a second and give me one reason in hindsight as to why we would have benefited last night if Sanchez hadn't played apart from an injury he might have picked up but didn't. Just admit you're wrong, move on and quit digging a hole for yourself. It's very hard to take anything you say seriously when you say such ridiculous stuff.

• Advertisement

In what universe is rosicky a better option than Ramsey?

Your logic is absolutely backwards

Rosicky is and has been a netter option then Ramsey all season.
    gosplan wrote: »
    Wow Bob, you've outdone yourself.

Fair play.

Meanwhile, everyone on planet earth sees that the most important thing right now is taking this fragile little run of victories and building on it.

That is not the same thing as resting our best goalscorer and only real box to box midfielder against a team in 2nd when we've just scraped our first win in three against a really poor team.

Additionally, the thing that's really obvious to everyone here is that if Sanchez was rested and the game goalless, you'd be leading the Wenger out charge.

I'm all for debate but your posts are nonsensical and show very little understanding of football.

When did I say anything different than this?

I'm not saying we SHOULD have rested Sanchez but it wouldn't have been the end of the world to me and i'd completely understand the decision to do so.

Yes of course I would, because no matter what happens I'll always give out about something.

Whats pretty obvious to me is that a lot of you couldn't give a crap about anything other than the 3 points and will ignore faults and flaws as long as we win. When we lose it's a pretty similar story too. You don't want to believe we can do any wrong.

He also has a howitzer of a boot - he used it to good effect at times and is great to be able to mix it up to keep opposition defences on their toes.

One kick in the second half yesterday really stood out. Think it was for Alexis or Welbeck but it was well into Southamptons half and pinpoint accurate. Very impressed.

Long boot doesn't mean good distribution, I really like Martinez but he does have to work on his kick outs. There was a lot of the time he was kicking the ball and it just was going to far on the wings, instantly conceding possession to Southampton.

Navas distribution training first few seconds

The king of distribution at 00:59

1:23 - 2:21 Szcz distribution (highly underrated quality)

Definitely, didn't chesney claim his place in the 1st team through similar circumstances?

Definitely, didn't chesney claim his place in the 1st team through similar circumstances?

Yes but Almunia was garbage, Martinez will want to show a little more until he dislodges Szcz completely

But I do agree Martinez should have the shirt for a couple of weeks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement