Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

We look like a league 1 side both defending and going forward. Not for the first time this season, gutless and limp performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭G1032

efb wrote: »
    Where is Kos?

Apparently the achillies tendonitis has only cleared on one achillies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Were they flukey goals or are Stoke the better team? The stats on BBC look fairly even

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Sigh, we can turn this around, Kos needs to be put on for Chambers, then two other attacking subs. Stoke should not be leading against us by 3 goals, wtf...

If we manage to turn this around it'll be a miracle. Can only see it getting worse. He should definitely bring on Kos and bring on Welbeck. I hope you're right but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Not the refs fault we are 3 down at half time!! We are shocking and again no clue going forward! Stoke out playing us playing football. ... A new low!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Spineless, Gutless, weak weak team! A complete shambles of a team!!

It's the club mate change the 11 with 11 more and it's the same, accepting mediocrity has got up with this club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

Shambolic first half performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

No excuses for that display. Unless they pull of a miracle Wenger will be getting some stick at the end of this game. Agaisn't a average side like Stoke isn't acceptable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wenger in !

Were they flukey goals or are Stoke the better team? The stats on BBC look fairly even

We are ****e, that's all you need to know. Stoke are lumping it into our box and our pathetic defense can't deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Shameful stuff really. Don't know if I could be bothered to watch the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Sigh, we can turn this around, Kos needs to be put on for Chambers, then two other attacking subs. Stoke should not be leading against us by 3 goals, wtf...

We have zero midfield today. Our only chance was created by a defender and other than that there has been nothing created out there. Giroud should have done better but is getting zero service and it's not exactly as if the midfielders are just playing defensively because the defence has had zero coverage as well.

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Not the refs fault we are 3 down at half time!! We are shocking and again no clue going forward! Stoke out playing us playing football. ... A new low!!

He did give some odd decisions agaisn't Sanchez. But the three goals came from bad defending sadly. It's getting really sad now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

No flukey goals they were all well taken but our lack of challenges for them was astonishing! Possession fairly even but as the scoreline suggests they are using it brilliantly. Way more determined than us which is not surprising

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not flukey but school boy level defending on our part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

How can you not play welbeck against stoke, he's arsenals mist physical forward

dorgasm wrote: »
    We are ****e, that's all you need to know. Stoke are lumping it into our box and our pathetic defense can't deal with it.

Pretty much we're making them look great. Same old problems are cropping up year after year. I never fancy us when it comes to going away to these lump it and hope for the best teams, we just can't handle these teams. But once we get them at home we end up whipping them which makes it even more sicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

farna_boy wrote: »
    We have zero midfield today. Our only chance was created by a defender and other than that there has been nothing created out there. Giroud should have done better but is getting zero service and it's not exactly as if the midfielders are just playing defensively because the defence has had zero coverage as well.

Hard to argue with that, our midfield is lightweight, how to disappear completely...
    If we manage to turn this around it'll be a miracle. Can only see it getting worse. He should definitely bring on Kos and bring on Welbeck. I hope you're right but can't see it happening.

I'm just going on blind faith at this stage tbh, and the fact we've come back from it before. However, even if we did, still shambolic that we have conceeded 3 goals against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Clowns

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

I think AW should go now as i think his time is well up at this stage.Not wait till the end of the season like some fans have suggested.He is a very stubborn man and wont change his ways at this stage of life.

Sergio wrote: »
    I think AW should go now as i think his time is well up at this stage.Not wait till the end of the season like some fans have suggested.He is a very stubborn man and wont change his ways at this stage of life.

But who can we get then at this time of year as a world class replacement? that's the problem I have with some of you wanting him gone now, I can't see a replacement been in place until the summer if it did happen. Plus he ain't going anywhere, Wenger is in control of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Back to reality for some of you

Mert n flamini both ball watching for the second goal. Hate to say it but stoke fully deserve to be 3-0 up. I feel they should have a few yellows though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Back to reality for some of you

Dont leave at half time Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

For me, today anyway, it's down to the players not putting in a shift. If Kos and Monreal are injured there is f*ck all he can do except play Bellerin, and being realistic there is no reason, whatever the tactics, that we shouldn't beat Stoke.

• Advertisement

That should have been a 2nd yellow for crouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Everytime we go to Mordor it's so predictable that we will get beaten by those inbred Orcs. :mad:

Most mangers would have already walked were they in Wenger's position, or been sacked by now.

Dictators never resign though & the tide has now turned, it's going to be a long bloody process but I don't think theres any way back for Wenger after today.

Hopefully he resigns to save the club & fans going though more turmoil.

That should have been a 2nd yellow for crouch

He should defo be off, he's been far to happy to throw his arms around in this match. Weird change bringing on Welbeck (which was a good thing) for Bellerin? Flamini at right back then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Flamini RB...what could possibly go wrong.

Flamini RB...what could possibly go wrong.

Lol that's it, he was getting battered in the midfield. Take off one of our quickest lads and replace him with one of the slowest?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Transfer himself in January.

Come on guys.

You've mentioned a million times before. this club is ARSENAL not wenger.

Let's get behind the team here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Were making peter crouch look like zlatan ibrahomivic

Could still get a draw for people to hang on to.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Come on guys.

You've mentioned a million times before. this club is ARSENAL not wenger.

Let's get behind the team here

Really, you think this makes a difference here? It's pure **** not a day for rallying calls.

Have more balls and push for change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Groundhog day

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Groundhog day

Except we keep failing, we should have at least learned the piano at this stage :mad:

How in the name of god did that not go in? All the hard work done Alexis, it's definitely just going to be one of those days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Fantastic from Sanchez

How in the name of god did that not go in? All the hard work done Alexis, it's definitely just going to be one of those days.

Were long past another of of those days excuses, this is the reality now

• Advertisement

It's alright lads, Chambers got his mandatory yellow card.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Really, you think this makes a difference here? It's pure **** not a day for rallying calls.

Have more balls and push for change

What's my statement got to do with pushing for change?

Soups123 wrote: »
    Were long past another of of those days excuses, this is the reality now

Ha! I'm not trying to make excuses, we've been bloody woeful today. Making Stoke look like a great team (which they most definitely are not). It was just with regards to that one shot ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Lack of investment relative to rivals really showing, it's spend in Jan or go. Sad times when a 1 in 4 striker is your best option to bring on.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    What's my statement got to do with pushing for change?

You've bent over backwards to back Wenger and come and call for everyone to get behind the team.

At some point you'll have agree that Wenger is done

4-0 Stoke. Lads. What happens now? Our season is as good as over.

edit. Back to 3-0, goal chalked off for offside.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Any reason ye started this keeper?

dorgasm wrote: »
    4-0 Stoke. Lads. What happens now? Our season is as good as over.

it's 3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

LoL.

That's an expression I never use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Watch him walk around Mert.
    Just laughable really.
    Wenger has learned nothing from last season's drubbings.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement