Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Looper007 wrote: »
    I think Soups you don't see that's its a club that's split in two, many out there are Pro Wenger and not many Anti Wenger are making their voices heard at Homes games (one banner at a Away game ain't going to change anything). Unless now we go on losing games and we are out of the running for top 4 an any cups then you might see it.

Loads have had banners taken from them going into home games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

As bad as we were we're still good enough for 4th place come May. Chelsea will win the league and it'll be between City and Utd for 2nd/3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Whatever about the utter incompetence of been 3 nil down we had 20 minutes plus stoppage time to win that, not even draw but win ffs.

Sick of saying it but wenger is destroying his legacy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have seen nothing to think we'd get 4th without a major scrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Looper007 wrote: »
    But Who? far too many are saying get rid of him but we need a top class replacement and I don't see many clubs or managers wanting to leave or let go any top class managers. When Wenger goes I want a top class replacement not some half assed one who's going to make the same mistakes as Wenger.

he'll say until the summer anyway, after that who knows, wouldn't surprise me if he seen out his contract actuall.
    i'd like to think though he'd go if there was someone there to take the job he'd step down.

if you want them, flash the cash, same as players.

why do they've to be 'top class'. you just need someone to get the best/most out of the players, which i don't think wenger has done recently.

what about conte

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I've been hanging around this thread for a good long while without posting anything and the black and white views from some people astounds me. While I do think it's time for him to move on I would like to hear, from the wenger outs, exactly which Avaliable manager would be best suited to replace him?

I haven't a clue. I was of the opinion that guardiola would have been the perfect choice but that's never gonna happen now. Klopp maybe, but that wouldn't be until the summer. So who, guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Something quite amazing has been forgotten during the post mortem...we scored from a corner today!! :pac::o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We win we talk about wenger in/out

We loose we talk about wenger in/out

Thread is gone as boring, I no everyone's opinion on the subject at this stage, but yeti still have to read through pages of shît

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Hi I'm from the future. The year is 2020. Just to let you know that Wenger is still the manager and we finished 4th every season but unfortunately didn't pick up any silverware.

• Advertisement

I've been hanging around this thread for a good long while without posting anything and the black and white views from some people astounds me. While I do think it's time for him to move on I would like to hear, from the wenger outs, exactly which Avaliable manager would be best suited to replace him?

I haven't a clue. I was of the opinion that guardiola would have been the perfect choice but that's never gonna happen now. Klopp maybe, but that wouldn't be until the summer. So who, guys?

I don't follow continental football and don't think Wenger will be sacked. I am however totally fed up of this type of game occurring every year at least 3/4 times.
    Also i couldn't give a damn who replaces him when he goes as long as it's someone who who won't allow the kind of timid and gutless dross we saw again today.
    It's not our job to select managers. We can only comment on what we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Thread is gone as boring, I no everyone's opinion on the subject at this stage, but yeti still have to read through pages of shît

I agree but it's the biggest issue in the club, it's hard not to comment on it when your 3-0 down to fcukin Stoke??? Players can take blame but the bigger problem is Arsene.

Tbh there is very little else take talk about with any passion right now, it's the lowest I've been as a supporter for 20 yrs

We saw a lot of that today.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I agree but it's the biggest issue in the club, it's hard not to comment on it when your 3-0 down to fcukin Stoke??? Players can take blame but the bigger problem is Arsene.

Tbh there is very little else take talk about with any passion right now, it's the lowest I've been as a supporter for 20 yrs

I was actually logging on to critise him for the switches he made I was gonna say he handed the edge to stoke from the get go

Try get debate going about the gsme

Instead it's the same shït wenger out out out

Fcuk me I no yer feelings but yer constant posting about it is ruining the thread

We saw a lot of that today.

I no lets discuss that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What's the point in debating the game? We've seen this happen over and over again, season after season. Same problems, same weaknesses, same mistakes and it's been analysed to death at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stoke 3-2 without Kos isn't so bad. They are our bogie side

What's the point in debating the game? We've seen this happen over and over again, season after season. Same problems, same weaknesses, same mistakes and it's been analysed to death at this stage.

Loads to debate

Wengers team selection

Why is per stone useless without kos

Is giroud only an impact sub

And my biggest gripe, why the **** do we lump balls up to per for the last 5 mins I hate that ****

I no lets discuss that though

As I said before the game I can't understand the need to change the defence.
    Bellerin in against Stoke?? A light wee lad against tough physical Stoke?/
    Koscielney on the bench and no sign or news of an injury after he steadying the ship in midweek ??
    I can understand that if Monrael was injured then Gibbs would play even if only half-fit. That had to happen with Flamini our only fit DM.

As I said before the game I can't understand the need to change the defence.
    Bellerin in against Stoke?? A light wee lad against tough physical Stoke?/
    Koscielney on the bench and no sign or news of an injury after he steadying the ship in midweek ??
    I can understand that if Monrael was injured then Gibbs would play even if only half-fit. That had to happen with Flamini our only fit DM.

I was bullin about Kos been on the bench but he said he in his press conference that he couldn't play him so fair enough

Thought not atsrtinb Welbeck was stupid he is out hardest workin forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Well at least Ramsey got a goal, as did Cazorla to end his drought and nearly did get the equalizer. Sanchez workrate and sublime skill continues to amaze.

That ref was really ridicolous though, too many things to mention, but Chambers getting sent off and the Welbeck takedown are the two that really stand out.

It's pretty desperate atm, we can't sem to get any sort of a run going atm. Kos's absence felt yet again today, don't think that crap would of happened if he was on the field. Mert looks lost at times, there was one point in the game that the ball went up in the air and he lost track of it. Memories of my youth...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

efb wrote: »

You obviously saw none of the game. Gutless, spineless crap we've seen far too often from this team.

And watching Ramsey and Per pull oit of tackles in the first half made my blood boil

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

I don't follow continental football and don't think Wenger will be sacked. I am however totally fed up of this type of game occurring every year at least 3/4 times.
    Also i couldn't give a damn who replaces him when he goes as long as it's someone who who won't allow the kind of timid and gutless dross we saw again today.
    It's not our job to select managers. We can only comment on what we have.

I dont really follow continental footie either, apart from watching some barca games back when the played great football. I'm also sick of seeing these results. My point is that until somone of managerial brilliance is available then he has to stay. I don't want arsenal to become another has been.

I was bullin about Kos been on the bench but he said he in his press conference that he couldn't play him so fair enough

Thought not atsrtinb Welbeck was stupid he is out hardest workin forward

Giroud had a complete stinker which is unlike him and should have been replaced earlier.

Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox well below par and very timid, Ramsey actually pulled out of a 50/50 but maybe had bad memories of that shower. Santi's passing and dead ball kicking was poor again.

Chambers is a liability with all the bookings and poor Bellerin is not near ready yet for the first team.

I was actually logging on to critise him for the switches he made I was gonna say he handed the edge to stoke from the get go

Instead it's the same shït wenger out out out

Fcuk me I no yer feelings but yer constant posting about it is ruining the thread

That's pure ****, it ain't ruining the thread, the majority agree with it.

Direct me to one post were I haven't been fair. Debate the game all you want but for me you don't debate being 3 down to Stoke, you call it for what it is pure ****.

Wenger is killing the club and you can't simply avoid it and debate something else

you've to be taking the píss

do you even like football or just sit there **** off

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's pure ****, it ain't ruining the thread, the majority agree with it.

Direct me to one post were I haven't been fair. Debate the game all you want but for me you don't debate being 3 down to Stoke, you call it for what it is pure ****.

Wenger is killing the club and you can't simply avoid it and debate something else

Right

Last post directed at you, enjoy your constant ranting about the same thing

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In the right hand corner, Charlie Adam ladies and gentleman

B4ME7TZCQAAi0pW.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I hate stoke, this is the game they live for each season. I'd love one hard bastard in the team. Just one.

I dont really follow continental footie either, apart from watching some barca games back when the played great football. I'm also sick of seeing these results. My point is that until somone of managerial brilliance is available then he has to stay. I don't want arsenal to become another has been.

they already have tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

What is going on at the back? We need a new defence coach at the very least, if they are not going to give Wenger his p45. Excuses is all we get...the problems have been identified before the start of the season...nothing was done. Mid table at best this season, is my prediction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you've to be taking the píss

do you even like football or just sit there **** off

A new low in the thread, well done.

There is no need for personal attacks on other posters just because they disagree with you.

Giroud had a complete stinker which is unlike him and should have been replaced earlier.

Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox well below par and very timid, Ramsey actually pulled out of a 50/50 but maybe had bad memories of that shower. Santi's passing and dead ball kicking was poor again.

Chambers is a liability with all the bookings and poor Bellerin is not near ready yet for the first team.

Watch per, Ramsey and flamini for there second goal

They all looked at bojan who jogged into our box and slotted home

Right

Last post directed at you, enjoy your constant ranting about the same thing

Good luck

Thanks

Watch per, Ramsey and flamini for there second goal

They all looked at bojan who jogged into our box and slotted home

Watch Mert for the goal Stoke had disallowed. The player just walked past him with the ball and Mert tried to feign a stumble, it was laughable.

Watch Mert for the goal Stoke had disallowed. The player just walked past him with the ball and Mert tried to feign a stumble, it was laughable.

Kos must some player to make us look half decent defensively

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Its really hard to know where to start with today. Wenger? the players? Tactics or lack of?
    Its a real clusterfcuk at the moment

farna_boy wrote: »
    A new low in the thread, well done.

There is no need for personal attacks on other posters just because they disagree with you.

how is asking a question a personal attack :confused:

Aside from Dortmund, Southampton is probably the best win we've had this season. Not exactly great at this stage of the season.

• Advertisement

Aside from Dortmund, Southampton is probably the best win we've had this season. Not exactly great at this stage of the season.

where's your little comparison to last season?
    need a bit of light relief here

Some Wengerites are too sensitive and need to have a dig to let it out. When you can't defend him anymore the next best thing is to have a go at those calling him out

No terrible season so far

thougnt we might kick in from Wednesday

I was wrong

Kos must some player to make us look half decent defensively

He really is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just how many bogie sides do we have at this stage?

It wasn't an innocuous question

• Advertisement

where's your little comparison to last season?
    need a bit of light relief here

I make it -12 after 15 matches, -7 on corresponding fixtures. Progress!

wonga77 wrote: »
    Just how many bogie sides do we have at this stage?

Stoke always have been they play rough and get away with it

Stoke always have been they play rough and get away with it

1 win in 9 there now i think it is.

is that a bogie side or could you lump it in with the 'difficult' games arsenal don't perform in.
    haven't won away at southampton since they've been promoted either, only twice but...

The problem with playing the likes of Stoke is that you get the rough stuff always. The hard tackles, little niggles, kicks and digs are part and parcel of the way they play against footballing teams. We all know this and have come to expect it.

Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd etc all played this way against us in the past and we often succumbed in the same way as we did today. We should have been prepared for it.

What was annoying was that Wenger should have known this too and set up for it. No way should a little light lad be played against them in his second ever EPL game. Kos not being played is a mystery.

The manager gaffed yet again today and I for one am fed up of it. To hear the Stoke crowd goading us when 3 up was enough to make me decide that Wenger's time is really up. Failing to prepare for a game like this is really criminal and a neglect of duty.

Anyone hear the interview from after the game?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement