Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Of all the clubs in the prem, i hate stoke the most. Their treatment of Ramsey is sickening to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The problem with playing the likes of Stoke is that you get the rough stuff always. The hard tackles, little niggles, kicks and digs are part and parcel of the way they play against footballing teams. We all know this and have come to expect it.

Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd etc all played this way against us in the past and we often succumbed in the same way as we did today. We should have been prepared for it.

What was annoying was that Wenger should have known this too and set up for it. No way should a little light lad be played against them in his second ever EPL game. Kos not being played is a mystery.

The manager gaffed yet again today and I for one am fed up of it. To hear the Stoke crowd goading us when 3 up was enough to make me decide that Wenger's time is really up. Failing to prepare for a game like this is really criminal and a neglect of duty.

That's it really, you have to build a squad that can deal with these games too. It's not as if we don't know what to expect. Wenger played right into Stokes hand yet again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭emmetlego

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how is asking a question a personal attack :confused:

A very contemptible question. Disgusting and childish. Grow up and stop trying to be a keyboard warrior.

Oh, and Soups, we get it, you want Wenger out, but it's becoming tiresome at this stage and it is ruining the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Soups123 wrote: »
    Anyone hear the interview from after the game?

No any videos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I make it -12 after 15 matches, -7 on corresponding fixtures. Progress!

well at least the other usual suspects for 4th are having as bad a season.
    united will take 3rd. afc, thfc, lfc & efc to fight it for 4th.
    can only imagine one of the others (soton, nufc, wh, swan), if even, staying in the mix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    well at least the other usual suspects for 4th are having as bad a season.
    united will take 3rd. afc, thfc, lfc & efc to fight it for 4th.
    can only imagine one of the others (soton, nufc, wh, swan), if even, staying in the mix

I would love to know the benefits of 4th.
    Is it that we get into the CL and receive 10m?
    Because if that is so then we are doing very little with it as it just seems to be "rinse and repeat".

byrneg28 wrote: »
    No any videos?

Nah had a look online but can't get anything, not even a quote maybe with it being on Setanta he didn't do one

The only advantage of finishing 4th, aside from the money is that we might attract the better players. We havent a hope in hell of winning it though

Nah had a look online but can't get anything, not even a quote maybe with it being on Setanta he didn't do one

Nah he has to do one, it's in his contract..

Ah here we are

'the spirit of the team is fantastic..' give me a break

Journalists aren't asking the right questions either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ah here we are

Can't listen to him anymore and it hurts me to say that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

In would love to know the benefits of 4th.
    Is it that we get into the CL and receive 10m?
    Because if that is so then we are doing very little with it as it just seems to be "rinse and repeat".

it's rinse & repeat alright. but you're better off in it than not. if you fall out it can be difficult to get back

wenger will leave sooner than later, realistically how many years would he go on anyway - trophies or no trophies - he's an old man.
    you don't want a new manager coming in with no CL

Can't listen to him anymore and it hurts me to say that :(

It's widely documented here that I'm not a wengerout man.

But I just can't understand how he can't say to the media we played terrible and we need to go back to the drawing board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's widely documented here that I'm not a wengerout man.

But I just can't understand how he can't say to the media we played terrible and we need to go back to the drawing board

Because that's not true.

We played OK but the truth is that we dropped points because going into the season we had 2 CB's and 1 RB with experience.

You can't just start Mert and Gibbs and 2 defenders and a keeper with about 6 competitive starts in their respective positions between.

The points dropped here were because Wenger wouldn't be practical and just get a defender.

I think there's more pressure than ever on Wenger to buy in January it will be interesting to see how he responds

The problem with playing the likes of Stoke is that you get the rough stuff always. The hard tackles, little niggles, kicks and digs are part and parcel of the way they play against footballing teams. We all know this and have come to expect it.

Bolton, Blackburn, Sheff Utd etc all played this way against us in the past and we often succumbed in the same way as we did today. We should have been prepared for it.

What was annoying was that Wenger should have known this too and set up for it. No way should a little light lad be played against them in his second ever EPL game. Kos not being played is a mystery.

The manager gaffed yet again today and I for one am fed up of it. To hear the Stoke crowd goading us when 3 up was enough to make me decide that Wenger's time is really up. Failing to prepare for a game like this is really criminal and a neglect of duty.

Kos didn't play because he's got tendinitis and the last time we mismanaged that, Verm was out for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Having finally beaten a top four team :rolleyes: (southampton) I really taught Wenger was back on track......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The man is a joke at this stage, he is hurting his own legacy by this disgraceful run of results. At least Utd are rocky from a new manager what is our excuse.....after watching the post match conference that man is just plain delusional simple as that.

I am absolutely delighted that our invincible record is still intact for another year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

I think there's more pressure than ever on Wenger to buy in January it will be interesting to see how he responds

Like he always does...nothing.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Like he always does...nothing.

If he did that or signed a token gesture CB then for he that him saying I'm untouchable

Those interviews are painful to listen to. This team has a great mental strength, attitude etc. Same ole guff every time. I know he cant come out and say too much but at least break it up, use some new cliches every now and then.
    The guys asking the questions always seem to give him an easy ride too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Am I the only one that thought we were fooked without Kos?

The only consolation from today is that Chelsea cant go unbeaten this year.
    Chambers ability to pick up simple yellows is alarming, he needs to cut that out or at least get full value for his cards. I thought Campbell should have came on a little earlier,

Why was Kos named on the bench if he was injured? Surely give that place to another player?

Ah here we are

Serious delusion there.
    Wenger is becoming a Spitting Image of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The standard of refereeing in the prem is scandalous

The standard of refereeing in the prem is scandalous

True the referee today was dire but that was not an excuse.
    We played like timid little girls.

efb wrote: »
    Am I the only one that thought we were fooked without Kos?

No, we were.

People need to chill on the style and the various nuances to this defeat.

Play inexperienced back four = concede goals

A good back four could carry a Chambers at CB or Bellerin or Martinez but not all of them.

Ignore the interview, expecting a rational analysis of strengths and weaknesses from Wenger or Mourinho or whoever is rediculous.

• Advertisement

The ref let Stoke away with a lot of physical stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Did gavredking visit here a few weeks ago and say he was worried about the Newcastle away game for chelsea or did I read that on another thread? Pretty sure it was him when there was some discussion going on about the invincibles, good reading of things if it was.

True the referee today was dire but that was not an excuse.
    We played like timid little girls.

No excuses at all

Still thought he was shocking

No excuses at all

Still thought he was shocking

It's a valid reason. Stoke are always allowed rough up Arsenal

• Advertisement

salmocab wrote: »
    Did gavredking visit here a few weeks ago and say he was worried about the Newcastle away game for chelsea or did I read that on another thread? Pretty sure it was him when there was some discussion going on about the invincibles, good reading of things if it was.

He did. Thought of that myself today.

Amazing call.

I like Gav actually. He makes me hate Chelsea less.

gosplan wrote: »
    He did. Thought of that myself today.

Amazing call.

I like Gav actually. He makes me hate Chelsea less.

Except his "do an Arsenal" phrase for losing a 3-0 lead :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

salmocab wrote: »

Newcastle are to Chelsea what Stoke are to us - Mourinho hasn't won there in 5 attempts.

It's a valid reason. Stoke are always allowed rough up Arsenal

It's definitely noticable, it's like the refs buy into the Stoke hype and the good old strong physical English game

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Hi I'm from the future. The year is 2020. Just to let you know that Wenger is still the manager and we finished 4th every season but unfortunately didn't pick up any silverware.

Do we live underwater?

Next 5 league games are Newcastle (H), Liverpool (A), QPR (H), West Ham (A), Southampton (A). How many points do people fancy from that?
    Then it's FA Cup, Stoke, Man City, FA Cup. This great run of form we're due can't come quick enough.

1,1,3,1,1 = 7 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

"There were many positives today"

"The spirit of the team is fantastic"

😳😡😠😕

His interviews these days are nothing shirt of absolute drivel

Do we live underwater?

Yes we'll have too because were a sinking ship :)

1,1,3,1,1 = 7 :(

That would leave us just a match short of our longest unbeaten run of the season.

• Advertisement

That would leave us just a match short of our longest unbeaten run of the season.

We'll prob lose one at least :mad:

Yes we'll have too because were a sinking ship :)

RDR^2

We'll prob lose one at least :mad:

Stop being so negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

If wenger loves the club as much as he says he does he should do the honourable thing and leave at the end of the season. It's embarrassing what the club and him have become

Best thing is we're still looking fairly good for 4th assuming Southampton falter. I just have to try and get over missing out on van Gaal.

RDR^2

?

?

RDRR
    hardy harr harr

Chambers comitted two fouls today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The ref was as bad for them as he was for us. There was no excuse for today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement