Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    Don't bother. It's gone too devisive at this stage.

Some people's genuine opinion is that it would be better if he had never come to Arsenal. Leave them to it.

Don't throw your toys out of the pram Gosplan.
    Nobody said that.
    I asked why he changed from having a strong defence with leaders to the kind of defending we saw last season and again this season.

If you can't answer then don't try to muddy the waters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

So people want their cake and eat it.

efb wrote: »
    So people want their cake and eat it.

????

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Why are people not talking about the draw? Come on lads. ITS HULL. AGAIN. I've a bad feeling about it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't throw your toys out of the pram Gosplan.
    Nobody said that.
    I asked why he changed from having a strong defence with leaders to the kind of defending we saw last season and again this season.

If you can't answer then don't try to muddy the waters.

It seemed to me ... and everyone else that read it tbh ... that you were saying we had the good old 1-0 to the Arsenal days till Wenger changed everything.

That to most people is drawing a pre/post Wenger line.

If that's not what you meant then fine but reread it, I'm not the only one who took that meaning.

BTW, you didn't ask. You said he changed everything for the worse, has no nous or tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Carragher on Mert's "defending" against Stoke.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Maybe it was just bad wording on your part tayto but it really did read like you were saying the club went downhill as soon as Wenger took over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd say gosplan is referring to the "changed things for the worse" remark which is one of the craziest pieces of hyperbole I've ever read on here.

Absolutely. When I read that line i was astonished that someone said wenger changed arsenal for the worse.

Completely wrong. Completely.

The club and English football are forever improved by wenger.

It seemed to me ... and everyone else that read it tbh ... that you were saying we had the good old 1-0 to the Arsenal days till Wenger changed everything.

That to most people is drawing a pre/post Wenger line.

If that's not what you meant then fine but reread it, I'm not the only one who took that meaning.

BTW, you didn't ask. You said he changed everything for the worse, has no nous or tactics.

Wenger was there when we had loads of one nils as you well know and everyone else knows :rolleyes: He even brought Keown back from Everton.
    He was there when our players fough tooth and nail with teams like United. Remember Keown and Van Nistlerooy at OT? Wenger was in charge then.

So why did he change from big strong defenders to weak timid ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Personal issues is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>

Maybe it was just bad wording on your part tayto but it really did read like you were saying the club went downhill as soon as Wenger took over.

Now why would I choose to ignore 3 titles?
    Of course I was talking about the changes in our defence now compared with then. We have lost our famous Arsenal battling qualities.
    BUT it suited a lot of apologists to try and take the other meaning.
    AND there was nothing wrong with the wording.

What do you think Sol Campbell was? Vieira? Sure, you can criticise what happened afterwards, but he has bought leaders.

Where were they on Sat last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

jeez lads ye are making a mountain out of a molehill. Ye know full well what Tayto was saying.

Wenger changed things for the worse when he stopped buying/nurturing leaders and players who were strong physically and mentally. He replaced them with too many weak players. Players who are physically weak and lack the mental strength that we used to have, Gilberto, Lauren, Keown, Viera that list is huge. Apart from Kos and possibly Arteta, Flamini and Jack we are a bunch of softies who dont react well to being roughed up. Nothing whatsoever about changing the club for the worse when he arrived.
    Why did he change his approach is the real question?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

So why did he change from big strong defenders to weak timid ones?

I might be getting lost here. Is your answer to this question - he is tactically clueless?

Or why do you think he changed it?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »
    jeez lads ye are making a mountain out of a molehill. Ye know full well what Tayto was saying.

Wenger changed things for the worse when he stopped buying/nurturing leaders and players who were strong physically and mentally. He replaced them with too many weak players. Players who are physically weak and lack the mental strength that we used to have, Gilberto, Lauren, Keown, Viera that list is huge. Apart from Kos and possibly Arteta, Flamini and Jack we are a bunch of softies who dont react well to being roughed up. Nothing whatsoever about changing the club for the worse when he arrived.
    Why did he change his approach is the real question?

I agree, I was responding to what tayto wrote though, not what he wanted to write :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Wenger has really had two phases at Arsenal the successful years and what we've seen the past 7/8 years.

I imagine it's the change in that time Tayto is referring too. And he would be right he changed tact with regards tactics, type of player signed and mentality, this change is now very hard for him to reverse

Not sure that Marilyn Monroe is of much use here but I get your point :p

symbolic wrote: »
    I might be getting lost here. Is your answer to this question - he is tactically clueless?

Or why do you think he changed it?

I'm asking that question.
    AND I believe he is tactically weak. Whatever he had he seems to have lost or chosen to change to current tactics which clearly are not working for the last few years.

• Advertisement

I agree, I was responding to what tayto wrote though, not what he wanted to write :p

What I wrote was clear enough. Some lads just used it to deflect :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I'm asking that question.
    AND I believe he is tactically weak. Whatever he had he seems to have lost or chosen to change to current tactics which clearly are not working for the last few years.

I guess everyone would need to agree that he has changed "from big strong defenders to weak timid ones" in order to pinpoint why he did in fact make this decision. Mert and Kos wouldn't really look weak and timid would they?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Personal issues is that way>>>>>>>>>>>>

You are such the wit

Now why would I choose to ignore 3 titles?
    Of course I was talking about the changes in our defence now compared with then. We have lost our famous Arsenal battling qualities.
    BUT it suited a lot of apologists to try and take the other meaning.
    AND there was nothing wrong with the wording.

Whatever.

Show a little respect to the rest of us ffs.

We ALL took the other meaning from your post.

Yeah, cause we're apologists.

I guess everyone would need to agree that he has changed "from big strong defenders to weak timid ones" in order to pinpoint why he did in fact make this decision. Mert and Kos wouldn't really look weak and timid would they?

Mert is very timid as we have seen loads of times. Kos is very good but not a leader.
    Neither shout out the orders.

Whatever.

Show a little respect to the rest of us ffs.

We ALL took the other meaning from your post.

Yeah, cause we're apologists.

No "we all" didn't. You chose to print that. I (not all ;)) speak for myself.

Mert is very timid as we have seen loads of times. Kos is very good but not a leader.
    Neither shout out the orders.

I think Kos would make a good leader. He tells Mert what to do and Mert is lost without him

We are showing as much togetherness and harmony as the arsenal team

Mert for such a huge guy is far from intimidating on the field

anyways, im kind of sick of reading and talking about Wenger. Its a pity but theres not much else to talk about at the moment. Everything seems to revert back to him which is fair enough. Im actually looking forward to the transfer window just so we can all get our hopes up a little and we might be able to read some other stories about the club for a change.

• Advertisement

No "we all" didn't. You chose to print that. I (not all ;)) speak for myself.

Sorry. Just three of us.

But of course we were 'deflecting' from a question you hadn't asked.

Tbh Tayto, I do respect your opinion but I think you just want a row.

We are showing as much togetherness and harmony as the arsenal team

The beatings will continue until morale improves ðŸ˜႒

bad2dabone wrote: »
    The beatings will continue until morale improves ðŸ˜႒

We had won the last 3!

We won't beat Galatasaray but it doesn't matter

Sorry. Just three of us.

But of course we were 'deflecting' from a question you hadn't asked.

Tbh Tayto, I do respect your opinion but I think you just want a row.

No row wanted at all.
    Just honest opinions to honest questions as always.

We had won the last 3!

And 2 of them were 1-0 to the arsenal. Where's the problem?

We had won the last 3!

We still have a good team going out against Gala, id be confident of getting a result. Hopefully the likes of Campbell and Pod will want to prove a point.

And 2 of them were 1-0 to the arsenal. Where's the problem?

What was the cause of us going 3 down to a poor team on Sat?
    Just watching a poor United team battling to an undeserved victory now and it hurts to see their fighting quality.

No row wanted at all.
    Just honest opinions to honest questions as always.

Fair enough.

Try to keep from explaining how 'apologists' are thinking and how we're 'deflecting'.

We can keep this thread better than that.

Genuinely, your OP read the other way.

We still have a good team going out against Gala, id be confident of getting a result. Hopefully the likes of Campbell and Pod will want to prove a point.

If PoD scores I'll eat my hat

• Advertisement

What was the cause of us going 3 down to a poor team on Sat?
    Just watching a poor United team battling to an undeserved victory now and it hurts to see their fighting quality.

It's mainly RVP- and we beat Soton, they are on a slide

You know he's gonna score now right :pac:

Fair enough.

Try to keep from explaining how 'apologists' are thinking and how we're 'deflecting'.

We can keep this thread better than that.

Genuinely, your OP read the other way.

OK as long as you don't claim to speak for "all" the other posters.
    My Op read the way it was intended and I still don't see it reading "the other way".

"Arsenal were always known for their defensive qualities as in "one nil to the Arsenal". That was until Wenger changed everything for the worse. You can still be very tight in the defence and good in the attack too. It's not one or the other, you can have both. Wenger just lack nous and puts up with poor performances."

I'll pass the salt.

We'll click as a team this season, I'm sure of that. But we need something different next year, a new manager or a real leader on the field.

It's mainly RVP- and we beat Soton, they are on a slide

We were better than them too but lost.

You know he's gonna score now right :pac:

Nope

• Advertisement

We were better than them too but lost.

They have a super goalie

OK as long as you don't claim to speak for "all" the other posters.
    My Op read the way it was intended and I still don't see it reading "the other way".

"Arsenal were always known for their defensive qualities as in "one nil to the Arsenal". That was until Wenger changed everything for the worse. You can still be very tight in the defence and good in the attack too. It's not one or the other, you can have both. Wenger just lack nous and puts up with poor performances."

I don't read it as any praise for Wenger

They have a super goalie

They have fighting qualities.

They have fighting qualities.

Not Mata

I don't read it as any praise for Wenger

Put the rod away