Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Right are people going to pisš and moan when the B side lose in Galatasaray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

efb wrote: »

But of course...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No.
    I won't because we cannot win this competition anyway and Wenger knows that.
    We'll bow out at the same stage again probably.
    Would like to see us defend properly though.

I am an avid EPL man as i've said many times.
    38 games to decide who is the best team in England.
    Little interest in the cups too except to see youngsters being blooded.

No.
    I won't because we cannot win this competition anyway and Wenger knows that.
    We'll bow out at the same stage again probably.
    Would like to see us defend properly though.

I am an avid EPL man as i've said many times.
    38 games to decide who is the best team in England.
    Little interest in the cups too except to see youngsters being blooded.

I enjoyed arsenal v Bayern in Emerites- two great sides on display. Stoke, Leicester etc- not so much

Like playing the top sides in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

The league should never be decided on who has the biggest bank balance but no teams regardless of money should be scoring 6 against us. Those results occurred because the manager set the team up wrongly.
    You can't blame bank balances for all our troubles.

Tell that to Chelsea/City and the Bayerns/Real/PSG's of Europe....

last years results against City/Liverpool/Chelsea were freak results.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Freak results may occur once or maybe twice but capitulation in certain games has happened too often to be considered freak results

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

So we are getting our excuses in early......

greendom wrote: »
    Plenty of battle shown in the 2nd half against Stoke, last minute goal vs United shows the lads were fighting till the end.

Spirit isn't the issue as a rule although there was definitely a head's gone period in the Chelsea and Liverpool games last season. City away last year team showed plenty of spirit too imo?

Spirit is nothing when not companied with application and needs to be looked at over 90 minutes.

I take no comfort from the fact we got two second half goals against Stoke, if it was against one of the big teams maybe but not Stoke

Soups123 wrote: »
    So we are getting our excuses in early......

This isn't the first team

• Advertisement

I'm not worried about the result tonight. Try a few things and see if they work tactics-wise.

Tell that to Chelsea/City and the Bayerns/Real/PSG's of Europe....

For us, yes. Very freaked I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Freak results may occur once or maybe twice but capitulation in certain games has happened too often to be considered freak results

I agree and against City it was more end to end until their 4th goal...against Liverpool and Chelsea it was naivety/capitulation/freak result

This isn't the first team

Its not completely but has a number of players that would see themselves as such.

That said Im not to bother by the result but they are capable of winning and I would only be pissed if they took a drubing

Well at least Wenger is talking positive --

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/wenger-i-intend-to-answer-my-critics-by-guiding-team-to-victory-over-galatasaray.1418113025

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »
    But of course...

I see you have great faith in our "B" team, the bar is set really high isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Probably get a win tonight, Sanogo banging some in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Before game "great to see Poldi and Joel being given a chance"

After game "AW has lost it. Played such a weak team, we were embarrassing"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Are we on the box tonight?

Before game "great to see Poldi and Joel being given a chance"

After game "AW has lost it. Played such a weak team, we were embarrassing"

When will this sh1t end? You and Greendom are making excuses for us losing tonight when we haven't even played, we are playing 4 starters in our strongest team tonight and the other 7 are back ups and subs it's hardly a team of youngsters I'm delighted Joel is getting a chance regardless of the outcome.

There is no reason what so ever for us to lose tonight with the team we're putting out, you may say we have nothing to play for but we have more to play for than Gala who can't even make Europa while we have chance to come 1st and avoid a dreadful draw.

I have no problem with team selection tonight apart from Debuchy and Ramsey but I won't hold it aginst Wenger if anything happens. Call it a nothing game but it's an Arsenal match in the champions league and i want to see us win and put on a good display don't see how that's expecting too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

salmocab wrote: »

ss5 from 7
    setanta ireland 7:40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭DenMan

Yep! Setanta Ireland and Sky Sports 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

SS5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

When will this sh1t end? You and Greendom are making excuses for us losing tonight when we haven't even played, we are playing 4 starters in our strongest team tonight and the other 7 are back ups and subs it's hardly a team of youngsters I'm delighted Joel is getting a chance regardless of the outcome.

There is no reason what so ever for us to lose tonight with the team we're putting out, you may say we have nothing to play for but we have more to play for than Gala who can't even make Europa while we have chance to come 1st and avoid a dreadful draw.

I have no problem with team selection tonight apart from Debuchy and Ramsey but I won't hold it aginst Wenger if anything happens. Call it a nothing game but it's an Arsenal match in the champions league and i want to see us win and put on a good display don't see how that's expecting too much.

Jaysus Bob relax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I've no problem with the team selection tonight either. As I said before its time for a few lads to put up their hand for a place. I've been baffled by the use or lack of use of Campbell so I'm looking forward to seeing him.
    I wouldn't be writing us off at all. Sometimes the best performances come when u don't expect them

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

That's a horrible defence we have tonight. Can see this being 3-0 against us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    That's a horrible defence we have tonight. Can see this being 3-0 against us

Na we'll win this.

2 -1 to the gunners with poldi on the score sheet.
    Then we all laugh as efb posts a picture of himself eating his hat...

My pizza hat. Fire lit, onesie on, cat on my lap and Dominos ordered! Boom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The back line is a good enough reason for us to lose tbh. And it's going to stay that way.

I've very little hope of Kos playing consistent games this year.

Merse said he wouldn't bet against arsenal beating PSG- thought he was a gambling addict.

Redknapp shut up- not fit to lace Arteta's boots

• Advertisement

Merse said he wouldn't bet against arsenal beating PSG- thought he was a gambling addict.

Redknapp shut up- not fit to lace Arteta's boots

I never watch those chancers.
    They always miss the obvious.
    Maybe they're not allowed to talk about contentious issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Interview with Arsene on SS5

I : 'Has the champions league changed since you began?'

AW: 'Yes, I feel financially it has increased competition, I think it's a lot harder for the small teams to get to the final! It means all the best players go to the biggest clubs so there is no surprises.. but for the quality of football its great!''

Returns to Jeff Stelling..

''Oooh AW saying there that the reason he's not making it far in the UCL lately is because of lack of finances.. what do you think about that guys?''

Really bad journalism

Quinny talking sense with the two wallies

Quinn pulled them apart. Basically linked Arsenal's demise with Dein's departure- he's right. The board sold RVP to Und against Arsene's wishes

Quinn pulled them apart. Basically linked Arsenal's demise with Dein's departure- he's right. The board sold RVP to Und against Arsene's wishes

Really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I see you have great faith in our "B" team, the bar is set really high isn't it?

My comment was more directed at this thread than the team selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

He mightnt be everybodys cup of tea but Niall Quinn talks alot of sense... Merson on the other hand I wouldn't back him to know what day of the week it is

He mightnt be everybodys cup of tea but Niall Quinn talks alot of sense... Merson on the other hand I wouldn't back him to know what day of the week it is

Merson was a great defender though.
    Remember the battles with David Ginola.

Jaysus Bob relax

Haha sorry. Just seemed like a needless comment and was only made to rile people up, no need.
    gosplan wrote: »
    The back line is a good enough reason for us to lose tbh. And it's going to stay that way.

Yeah maybe, but surely Gala wont be playing there strongest side tonight, it will be good practice for all of the defence and a good chance for Mert to show what he's made off and really step up as a leader. If we do lose I won't be shocked or outraged but hopeful for a win.

• Advertisement

#GameOn

gosplan wrote: »

The backline can't be any worse than they were last Sat.
    Bellerin has to play better than Gibbs did anyway.

Kos is too good to have an indifferent season I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Merson was a great defender though.
    Remember the battles with David Ginola.

Ehhh!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

#GameOn

Turning to the comfort food early is a good call. That way you can stuff yourself and still have an early night

Kos is one of our best players prob 3rd after Özil and Alexis

Turning to the comfort food early is a good call. That way you can stuff yourself and still have an early night

Waking at 6am means every night's an early night

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Really?

Yes

Yes

Im not questioning u just never heard of it>>

Have u a source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Best finisher at the club and should be starting more.

WOOP WOOP

Get the hat out efb!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Why does he not get a more regular chance!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement