Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

byrneg28 wrote: »
    You made the initial point that if we they didn't go down to 10 we wouldn't have won.

I argued chaos theory with you as well, saying you could never prove that.

and you said something along the lines of 'Chaos theory my ar$e' :pac:

I asked do you think we still would have won and you were adamant that we would have won regardless etc Really doesn't matter anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Honestly lads. How is Campbell not getting into this team. What a talent this kid is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We have such a good core of players. Shame the spine is so weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Honestly lads. How is Campbell not getting into this team. What a talent this kid is.

meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Sarcasm??

• Advertisement

I really like Debuchy too. He has that bit of steel this team badly lack. When Kos is fit I think we should drop Mert too and play Chambers instead.

efb wrote: »
    Sarcasm??

No he hasnt put a foot wrong and went on a nice little mazey run there and was brought down where we should of had a free. When the ball is played to him it sticks, he has great technique. Much much better than Sanogo imo.

I really like Debuchy too. He has that bit of steel this team badly lack. When Kos is fit I think we should drop Mert too and play Chambers instead.

Agreed, my only worry is the poor kid will burn out. He has to get some sort of cover next month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Sanogo.

Anybody get confirmation on whether or not Rosicky is injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭emmetlego

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Sanogo.

Yes? Continue.

is it sarcasm? honestly?

Campbell.

I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141205/team-news-gibbs-monreal-szczesny

Rosicky thigh injury mentioned

byrneg28 wrote: »
    is it sarcasm? honestly?

No. I like him. Although he looks very tired now.

Lads Campbell is raw, but at least he's not afraid to take on players and have a go.

I like what I see plenty of potential there.

emmetlego wrote: »
    Yes? Continue.

Shockingly bad.

Who?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No he hasnt put a foot wrong and went on a nice little mazey run there and was brought down where we should of had a free. When the ball is played to him it sticks, he has great technique. Much much better than Sanogo imo.

Why are you comparing him to Sanogo?. Totally different players.
    he's done ok.. But he's a long way to go before he'll start. He's still a long way behind Ox,Walcott,Sanchez and even Welbeck for a starting spot out wide.

Same for Podolski imo (but he should probably be used off the bench more).

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Why are you comparing him to Sanogo?. Totally different players.
    he's done ok.. But he's a long way to go before he'll start. He's still a long way behind Ox,Walcott,Sanchez and even Welbeck for a starting spot out wide.

Same for Podolski imo (but he should probably be used off the bench more).
    Im comparing them because Campbell can play up front too and would do a much much better job than the French Gary Doherty.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Campbell has had a good game but I don't think he should be in the team ahead of Ox, Alexis, Welbeck, Giroud, Cazorla or Ozil and Theo when they come back. I think Pod's goal threat puts him ahead of him too tbh. I really like the look of him as a player and it's great to have him there for our inevitable injury crises but I just don't see him making it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Campbell has had a good game but I don't think he should be in the team ahead of Ox, Alexis, Welbeck, Giroud, Cazorla or Ozil and Theo when they come back. I think Pod's goal threat puts him ahead of him too tbh. I really like the look of him as a player and it's great to have him there for our inevitable injury crises but I just don't see him making it here.

Not the finished article by any means but a good grafter and definitely a panel member.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not the finished article by any means but a good grafter and definitely a panel member.

No doubt about it and I'd like to see him get a run as the striker instead of Sanogo the next time the chance arises.

Sneijder! No Rambo mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

4:1

He is absolutely without doubt, the best finisher in the club, and has been for some time. Love Pod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Very good win and Dortmund drew at home to Bruges. Great to see Ramsey back on scoring form that second goal was wonderful. Pod should be given a chance over the Christmas period. Great that Debuchy is back and that Sanchez got a rest.

#WengerIn

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gala really made it easy for us. Play a high line with zero pressure and no matter how bad our form is we'll murder you. Sanogo really shouldn't be playing for us.. He'd barely make a Championship side.

I Still don't think Pod should start.
    Don't get me wrong he's a great finisher but i don't feel he offers enough.

Should probably have more sub appearances though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

emmetlego wrote: »
    He is absolutely without doubt, the best finisher in the club, and has been for some time. Love Pod.

What are our likely options for next round so Real, Barca, Byern and PSG?

Lets hope we get some luck and get Porto/Monaco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

No clean sheet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Thought Bellerin put in a good shift tonight.

Off to bed. Happy with tonight, Debuchy looked good chambers played well missed a sitter but forgivable Mert actually played ok but i wanted him to be a leader tonight and he wasn't. Bellerin was meh, a lot of stray passes.

Flam did his job Ox played quite well went missing in the 2nd halve tho. Ramsey well what can I say, one of the best goals I've seen this century. I wont get carried away and say he's back to his best but certainly something to build on.

Campbell was ok certainly out of form because he hasn't been playing wouldn't hesitate to give him more game time. Podolski stood up tonight great to see his work rate actually exist I liked his 2nd goal better than his 1st because it showed something we don't see from him a lot. Sanogo was poor.

I can understand the subs so no criticism of Wenger from me a good night for him. Good night lads. COYG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

What are our likely options for next round so Real, Barca, Byern and PSG?

atletico madrid
    real madrid
    monaco
    bayern
    psg/barca
    porto

monaco you want

• Advertisement

Off to bed. Happy with tonight, Debuchy looked good chambers played well missed a sitter but forgivable Mert actually played ok but i wanted him to be a leader tonight and he wasn't. Bellerin was meh, a lot of stray passes.

Flam did his job Ox played quite well went missing in the 2nd halve tho. Ramsey well what can I say, one of the best goals I've seen this century. I wont get carried away and say he's back to his best but certainly something to build on.

Campbell was ok certainly out of form because he hasn't been playing wouldn't hesitate to give him more game time. Podolski stood up tonight great to see his work rate actually exist I liked his 2nd goal better than his 1st because it showed something we don't see from him a lot. Sanogo was poor.

I can understand the subs so no criticism of Wenger from me a good night for him. Good night lads. COYG

goodnight Bob :)

say goodnight to Bob, Gosplan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Pity Akpom didnt Get a run tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

To be fair it was an incredible free kick.Sneijder is wasted in the Turkish league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

batistuta9 wrote: »
    atletico madrid
    real madrid
    monaco
    bayern
    psg/barca
    porto

monaco you want
    Please god we deserve Monaco we are long overdue a break.

I'd take Porto too

gandalf wrote: »
    To be fair it was an incredible free kick.Sneijder is wasted in the Turkish league.

Went there for the money instead of the quality of the football. Sadly a lot of talented footballers do it these days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The Sky boys reckon Poldi should start at the weekend...what do we think? Deserves a go I think, clinical finishing tonight.

Story of my life. Pod scoring made me a bit damp I'll admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The Sky boys reckon Poldi should start at the weekend...what do we think? Deserves a go I think, clinical finishing tonight.

He has earned it but I think Arsene has him marked for the exit door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

No way, impact sub if we need a goal

Soups123 wrote: »
    Please god we deserve Monaco we are long overdue a break.

I'd take Porto too

yeah monaco, then porto in the quarters would be nice

i think we should all put our differences aside for a minute (of riotous laughter) and think of our good friends from the liverpool thread who used to pop in every so often.

I'd give him a go when it comes to QPR on St Stephen's Day and a few games after that . I put him on as a sub agaisn't Newcastle and Liverpool just afraid he sometimes fades away in games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Absolutely. If he works like that he'd be back in favor.

Mesut back soon too.

A good night for sure

batistuta9 wrote: »
    i think we should all put our differences aside for a minute (of riotous laughter) and think of our good friends from the liverpool thread who used to pop in every so often.

Is it fair to say Suarez carried them for the whole of the season last season. Apart from Gerrard's free kick they offered nothing going forward and Basel could have beaten them by more.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Absolutely. If he works like that he'd be back in favor.

Mesut back soon too.

A good night for sure

When is Mesut back anyway?

i was sure he'd have started some more games by now, maybe wenger just wants to get the players he's definitely keeping as much time together. could explain campbells lack of time too

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement