Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Sanogo is our 3rd choice forward. If anything was to happen to Giroud/Welbeck then Sanogo plays... So he needs the game time.

Campbell on the other hand has a lot of people ahead of him.

Tbh I'd rather see sanchez or Walcott up front before Sanogo. Can't see him ever making the grade. Last night was a prime chance to get on the score sheet and I don't remember him threatening the goal at any stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Defo is that.

1-100 posts = 1 Star, (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057339163 user with 95 posts on one star)
    100-500 = 2 Stars
    500+ = 3 stars

Mods = 4 Stars in some cases 5 , not sure why
    Administrator = 5 stars

Ah! See when u said 3 stars 1000+ I nemesis hap 590 posts and 3 stars so thought nah. But those look accurate enough. A bit stupid then for them to even exist??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Guess he may not be the big bad wolf after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30406322

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah! See when u said 3 stars 1000+ I nemesis hap 590 posts and 3 stars so thought nah. But those look accurate enough. A bit stupid then for them to even exist??

1-3 stars - reflection on the number of posts you've made
    4 silver - moderator
    4 red - subscriber
    5 silver - cat Mod
    5 gold - Admin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Soups123 wrote: »
    Guess he may not be the big bad wolf after all

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30406322

Mr Usmanov, said by Forbes magazine to be worth $15.8bn, is a major shareholder in Arsenal football club and was named Britain's wealthiest man in the Sunday Times rich list for 2013.

15.8 billion, holy fcuking moly. Is it any wonder people like that can afford to throw millions at a club and not be bothered if it doesnt work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

wonga77 wrote: »
    Tbh I'd rather see sanchez or Walcott up front before Sanogo. Can't see him ever making the grade. Last night was a prime chance to get on the score sheet and I don't remember him threatening the goal at any stage

Don't get me wrong I don't think Sanogo is any use.

But Wenger seems to be favouring this 6ft + CF lately so we can hit it long as a Plan B. Giroud for instance bringing midfielders into the game.

I know it was only on a few occassions but Sanchez was very ineffective as a lone ST vs. Everton earlier in the season and Podolski was terrible as a lone ST against Cardiff when it was 0-0 around new years day . Bendtner scored in the 88 minute or something.

I do love Walcott up front.

Sanogo has an advantage as a target.. he showed that in a good few games and last night Szcz was targetting him for counter attacks to win the ball and bring others into play.. his goal against dortmund was all about hold-up play with his one-two with cazorla.

But yes, other than that Sanogo is dirt. Too raw, clumsy and no decent ball/finishing for my liking

wonga77 wrote: »
    Mr Usmanov, said by Forbes magazine to be worth $15.8bn, is a major shareholder in Arsenal football club and was named Britain's wealthiest man in the Sunday Times rich list for 2013.

15.8 billion, holy fcuking moly. Is it any wonder people like that can afford to throw millions at a club and not be bothered if it doesnt work out

Just throw us that .8 billion please , I'll be happy with that. :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    1-3 stars - reflection on the number of posts you've made
    4 silver - moderator
    4 red - subscriber
    5 silver - cat Mod
    5 gold - Admin

Pretty sure you get 4 once you hit 10,000 too just not silver ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Pretty sure you get 4 once you hit 10,000 too just not silver ones.

I'll be able to prove that shortly....

greendom wrote: »
    I'll be able to prove that shortly....

Hurry up and start posting nonsense

Edit: Actually no, you're my favourite poster greendom. Don't do that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

efb wrote: »
    Ox has had the most appearances for Arsenal this season. He has a huge work rate
    greendom wrote: »
    Chambers and Mert are probably both due a bit of a rest, perhaps they could rotate between them. Both have played an awful lot of minutes this season.

there was a table of most minutes played this season on MNF on sky, all comps & clubs.
    sanchez was top, mert & chambers were on it too. don't think ox was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Quick question RE: Red Membership

Gonna try get my first couple of tickets on the membership tomorrow for the Stoke game. What time do the tickets go on general sale? Also the ticket site has been telling me they've been undergoing maintenance the last few days, anyone else getting this?

Tickets usually reach red members a month before the game i think. Silver members get access a month earlier

Edit: Actually no, you're my favourite poster greendom. Don't do that

I though that was going to be a

Edit: Actually no, you already do that :pac:

Unsure if that's aimed at me or greendom

Either way. Harsh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

stuchyg wrote: »
    Tickets usually reach red members a month before the game i think. Silver members get access a month earlier

Yeah the Stoke game is on Jan 11th so they're on sale tomorrow, just wondering what time they'd go up at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ox hasn't been average this season either.

3 games in a row. Great management there, I suppose we should give Semi Ajayi, 3 games in a row too? I mean forget the result, win or lose it doesn't matter, lets just see how Campbell is developing.

Ridiculous post

Has Sami Ajayi played at a world cup or CL?

Nope.

Joe cambell has and looked pretty decent. as good if not better then Ox so he deserves a chance ahead of cazola at least

Yeah the Stoke game is on Jan 11th so they're on sale tomorrow, just wondering what time they'd go up at.

10am usually

10am usually

Nice one, cheers.

Nope.

Joe cambell has and looked pretty decent. as good if not better then Ox so he deserves a chance ahead of cazola at least

:pac:

Unsure if that's aimed at me or greendom

Either way. Harsh :pac:

Could probably aim it at about 90% of us in here these days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

10 amIrish time. Im actually looking to book 2 myself to get over while im back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

4 stars is over 10,000 posts

10 amIrish time. Im actually looking to book 2 myself to get over while im back

Ah well good luck. I'm getting tickets for me da for Christmas. Took the chance and booked the flights early so I better get them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ah well good luck. I'm getting tickets for me da for Christmas. Took the chance and booked the flights early so I better get them!
    Should be ok there is a lot available on ticket exchange for some of the other games.

Hope your not doing a day trip. 2 years ago I bought tickets and flights for the dad and brothers for a game. Ryanair flight got delayed by 7 hours by the time it left game had kicked off and I ended up home , saw no game and 1200 gone done the drain!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

I think players in form or who have gotten a good result deserve a chance or deserve a run in the team.
    It must be very frustrating for a player to play well, be part of a winning team and then be dropped or left out of the squad.

I expect some players who played well last night will not get a look in, or if they do it will be as an 85th minute sub.

Galatasary is a very tough place to go, alot of intimidation etc... young players manned up last night, I think they deserve a shot and more importantly they have earned the right to get some game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think players in form or who have gotten a good result deserve a chance or deserve a run in the team.
    It must be very frustrating for a player to play well, be part of a winning team and then be dropped or left out of the squad.

I expect some players who played well last night will not get a look in, or if they do it will be as an 85th minute sub.

Galatasary is a very tough place to go, alot of intimidation etc... young players manned up last night, I think they deserve a shot and more importantly they have earned the right to get some game time.

Galatasaray used to be a tough place to go but now they are poison and the absolute model side for us to play against. If we played them every week we'd win every week. Comfortably. It was a good experience for the youngsters but I wouldn't expect to see Maitland Niles starting a PL match anytime soon, and rightly so.

Should be ok there is a lot available on ticket exchange for some of the other games.

Hope your not doing a day trip. 2 years ago I bought tickets and flights for the dad and brothers for a game. Ryanair flight got delayed by 7 hours by the time it left game had kicked off and I ended up home , saw no game and 1200 gone done the drain!:mad::mad:

Oooh that is rough. Luckily we have family in London so we stay with them when we pop over. Flying in on the Friday evening and have a late one home on the Sunday so we're grand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Galatasaray used to be a tough place to go but now they are poison and the absolute model side for us to play against. If we played them every week we'd win every week. Comfortably. It was a good experience for the youngsters but I wouldn't expect to see Maitland Niles starting a PL match anytime soon, and rightly so.

They are still a great Turkish club with recent form in the CL.
    Im not just judging them purely on last night or this CL campaign, 2013 they went further and had a better record in the CL than Arsenal did. When you play away to a team like that your not just playing aginst their current form, your also playing a bit of their history.

Stoke arent world beaters either and look what happened to an Arsenal first IX, they gave us a spanking in the first half.

Seems all the established first IX are great cos even though they got a spanking at Stoke, but the next gen are not great cos they were 3-0 up but it was only away to Gala.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Nope.

Cheers, this gave me a much needed laugh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

What are you basing this off?
    The few CL appearances you've seen? or just off the WC14?

Because lets be honest you wasn't watching Olympiacos play domestically last year.

Ox would be far above Campbell as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ox was brilliant last night playing in the centre it must be said. I think it would be beneficial to give him another chance in the middle this weekend. Id keep Podolski in the team aswell.
    Woj
    Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
    Flamini Ramsey
    Sanchez Ox Podolski
    Welbeck

Id like to see that at the weekend.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Ox was brilliant last night playing in the centre it must be said. I think it would be beneficial to give him another chance in the middle this weekend. Id keep Podolski in the team aswell.
    Woj
    Debuchy Mert Kos Gibbs
    Flamini Ramsey
    Sanchez Ox Podolski
    Welbeck

Id like to see that at the weekend.

nice squad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Our team badly misses Ozil. I've noticed in our recent games we're just lacking that creative spark in the midfield. You don't realise how bad we miss him until he's gone.

:pac:

come on now

Our team badly misses Ozil. I've noticed in our recent games we're just lacking that creative spark in the midfield. You don't realise how bad we miss him until he's gone.

lol...

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Cheers, this gave me a much needed laugh!

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    What are you basing this off?
    The few CL appearances you've seen? or just off the WC14?

Because lets be honest you wasn't watching Olympiacos play domestically last year.

Ox would be far above Campbell as it stands.

come on now

I'm not the only person who disagrees with you Mendoza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is this true??

Of the 15 prem league games arsenal have played. They've conceded a goal with the opponents first shot 7 times!!!

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Is this true??

Of the 15 prem league games arsenal have played. They've conceded a goal with the opponents first shot 7 times!!!

Aye

batistuta9 wrote: »
    there was a table of most minutes played this season on MNF on sky, all comps & clubs.
    sanchez was top, mert & chambers were on it too. don't think ox was

Some of his appearances were as subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

lol...

You're on form today with the stupid posts, Mendoza. Sure, we have a better win percentage without him, but my statement about him being the creative spark we're currently missing is true. We seem to concede less, too.

1412844964055_Image_galleryImage_image001_png.JPG

It obvious you don't watch the games or focus on them as much as we do, especially if think Campbell is better than Ox. Ox has played well when I seen him, but Campbell is unproven at Premier League level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ah leave Greendom alone.

He has as much right to be wrong as we have to be right :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This is the year we win the champions league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

This is the year we win the champions league

Christ.....for a second there I thought you were serious.

Dayum wrote: »

I am

Don't be surprised if he is...

25/1 just put a few bob on us

Got the feeling today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Football is such a mind**** i wouldnt be surprised if we at least got to the semis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

A couple of days ago Wenger was Hitler re-incarnated...

A mickey mouse throw away game against a poor Galatasary and all of a sudden Arsenal will win the Champions League?

FFS.

A couple of days ago Wenger was Hitler re-incarnated...

A mickey mouse throw away game against a poor Galatasary and all of a sudden Arsenal will win the Champions League?

FFS.

Yep I put the bet on because we beat galatasary

FFS

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement