Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Anyone honestly think Henry will come back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Anyone honestly think Henry will come back?

Nope, can see him going to sky or something like that. Hopefully am wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Lads shouldn't get worked up over what Wenger says at press conferences. He'd say mass.

Lads shouldn't get worked up over what Wenger says at press conferences. He'd say mass.

Thing is he has said similar in the past. During January of last year he was at the same stuff, everyone knew we needed a striker especially after Theos injury and he goes and signs a guy with a broken back on deadline day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Here's more to that quote.

"“If everybody is fit and available, we don’t need to go on the transfer market, but we have to consider that there could be a question mark with Koscielny’s fitness and we have to go out on the transfer market.” - Irish Times.

The Window is not even open and West ham want 20mil for Winston Reid, who'll be out of the contract in the summer...so obviously Wenger is not going to come out and say I'm looking at so n so player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

"“If everybody is fit and available, we don’t need to go on the transfer market, but we have to consider that there could be a question mark with Koscielny’s fitness and we have to go out on the transfer market.” - Irish Times.

The Window is not even open and West ham want 20mil for Winston Reid, who'll be out of the contract in the summer...so obviously Wenger is not going to come out and say I'm looking at so n so player.

Good to see the full quote. Wenger may occasionally be clever with his language, but the media will do all they can to twist it for the sake of a sensational headline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It's amazing how things get left out, here's the full quote:

"If everybody is fit and available, we dont need to go into transfer market but we have to accept Koscielny has a question mark over fitness, and we have to go out on the transfer market.”

[edit] Sorry beaten to it! Got distracted before hitting submit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Nothing better than a half quote to get people riled up!

But that just means he is signing a centre back because Kos in injured, and if he wasnt injured, we would be getting nobody and shows he believes having 3cbs is enough? It reminds me of the Welbeck deal, only signed him because Giroud was injured. Surely he cant think 3 cbs and one rb is enough?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's one of the downsides to just taking the info from twitter, I don't get the full quote. Sorry about that!

Any time people around me start talking about the transfer market, all I think of is this:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

greendom wrote: »
    Good to see the full quote. Wenger may occasionally be clever with his language, but the media will do all they can to twist it for the sake of a sensational headline.

In fairness, I took that from the official Arsenal Twitter account, not the media.

CatInABox wrote: »
    In fairness, I took that from the official Arsenal Twitter account, not the media.

But they're no better. Happy enough to quote spurious transfer gossip from the gutter press

Nothing better than a half quote to get people riled up!

Precisely, and since Wenger isn't English media's darling like Mourinho..they twist his words at every chance when he gives his honest opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Precisely, and since Wenger isn't English media's darling like Mourinho..they twist his words at every chance when he gives his honest opinion...

They must be loving the fact our fans are in fighting. Wenger is getting abuse. Our team is underperforming. British sport press has a massive hard on for a Wenger downfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »
    Nope, can see him going to sky or something like that. Hopefully am wrong though.

I see punditry been his calling to be fair too. He might join Neville and Carragher as a trilogy of punditry greatness for PL and CL.

Looper007 wrote: »
    I see punditry been his calling to be fair too. He might join Neville and Carragher as a trilogy of punditry greatness for PL and CL.

I like Neville but Carragher's an idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ramsey out for 4 weeks apparently.

Anyword on Isaac Hayden?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Jaysus, things are getting bad, apparently Wenger has whipped out the coq

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/12/injury-crisis-sees-coq-pulled-out-of-charlton/

Jaysus, things are getting bad, apparently Wenger has whipped out the coq

http://news.arseblog.com/2014/12/injury-crisis-sees-coq-pulled-out-of-charlton/

be good if he could take back a decent player like Jenko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I don't see tomorrow going well at all with all these new injuries. Say a prayer to Saint Alexis lads we're gonna need it.

Jaafa wrote: »
    I don't see tomorrow going well at all with all these new injuries. Say a prayer to Saint Alexis lads we're gonna need it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexius_of_Rome

Well would you look at that

Bring back this legend

Bring back this legend

Careful now :pac:

Szczesny, Gibbs, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Flamini, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Martinez, Podolski, Campbell, O'Connor, Maitland-Niles, Ajayi, Akpom.

What do we build out of this then

Szczesny
    Bellerin - Debuchy - Mertesacker - Gibbs
    Oxlade - Flamini
    Cazorla
    Sanchez Podolski
    Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Szczesny, Gibbs, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Bellerin, Flamini, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanchez, Welbeck, Giroud, Martinez, Podolski, Campbell, O'Connor, Maitland-Niles, Ajayi, Akpom.

What do we build out of this then

Szczesny
    Bellerin - Debuchy - Mertesacker - Gibbs
    Oxlade - Flamini
    Cazorla
    Sanchez Podolski
    Giroud

Think you've hit the nail on the head I'd personally go:
    Szczesny
    Debuchy - Mertesacker - Flamini - Gibbs
    Oxlade - Sanchez
    Cazorla
    Welbeck Podolski
    Giroud

Do not fancy Debuchy playing CB

Szczesny
    Oxlade - Sanchez
    Cazorla
    Welbeck Podolski
    Giroud

But pushing Flamini into defence gives no protection at all from midfield, (unless you'd put Debuchy there?)

Debuchy is a good header of the ball so I think he could do job there, (hopefully as good as Sagna used to)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

why does everyone moan about podolski ? personally i love him !! top quality finisher best at the club IMO , and a belter of a left peg :) doesnt get enough playing time , gets subbed on with about -5 mins to go. woudnt mind seeing him in the 11 for newcastle :

greendom wrote: »
    But pushing Flamini into defence gives no protection at all from midfield, (unless you'd put Debuchy there?)

Debuchy is a good header of the ball so I think he could do job there, (hopefully as good as Sagna used to)

Ox will play the flamini role with Sanchez to help out being a work horse. Flam and Mert are rocks on their day and if Deb and Gibbs stay back more to cover balls over the top it could work. Welbz will also be there to work his socks off.

I'm not saying it's the best option or it will be functional but that's what i'd try in this situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

pudzey101 wrote: »
    why does everyone moan about podolski ? personally i love him !! top quality finisher best at the club IMO , and a belter of a left peg :) doesnt get enough playing time , gets subbed on with about -5 mins to go. woudnt mind seeing him in the 11 for newcastle :

I don't think people moan.
    Some just think (myself included) that he offers very little apart from his finishing.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I don't think people moan.
    Some just think (myself included) that he offers very little apart from his finishing.

Would have loved to have seen him given a good run of games in the CF role when he first game tho.

At last Arsenal sign a defender...

http://t.co/fT2jb0nuXv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Is she a screamer? Don't need another mute mert back there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Anyword on Isaac Hayden?

Back in training apparently.

Tomorrow, I would go with

Scz

Debuchy- Mert- Hayden- Gibbs

Flaimini-Ox-Cazorla

Welbeck-Giroud-Sanchez

Subs: Podolski, Martinez, Bellerin, Coquelin, Sanogo, Zelalem, Campbell

would bring Podolski on after 60 mins for Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any mention of Walcott?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Any mention of Walcott?

Back training but not fit enough for the squad as far as I know

"on Theo Walcott…
    The signs are quite good. He has had two days of training now but he now lacks competition and fitness to come back to a good level."

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141211/team-news-ramsey-koscielny-walcott

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Szczesny
    Oxlade - Sanchez
    Cazorla
    Welbeck Podolski
    Giroud

You'd play Sanchez as a CMF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Joyeux Nöel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Are the reports of Ramsey hamstring injury true???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The continuing injury crisis at our club is gone beyond a joke at this stage.
    Shad must be injured too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The continuing injury crisis at our club is gone beyond a joke at this stage.
    Shad must be injured too.

But he is top of his profession

That's why this is so weird

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

But he is top of his profession

That's why this is so weird

Indeed.
    I have big fears for the center of our defence tomorrow.
    Don't trust Mert without Kos.
    He's too slow.
    We'll have a better side in the injury room than on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Indeed.
    I have big fears for the center of our defence tomorrow.
    Don't trust Mert without Kos.
    He's too slow.
    We'll have a better side in the injury room than on the pitch.

Tomorrow will be dodgy we might win a thriller but we will concede a few Id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Jesus Christ i am sick of injuries.

How come Chelsea never have an injury crisis??

I'm puzzled but so is the club seems they hired this German lad

Ughhh its soul destroying.

Bring Kim Home!

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Jesus Christ i am sick of injuries.

How come Chelsea never have an injury crisis??

I'm puzzled but so is the club seems they hired this German lad

Ughhh its soul destroying.

Shads done a decent job from the looks of it. We've had a few players back early from injury so he must be doing something right.

Also a few rumours that Ozil will be back at the end of December.

I can't look at this without laughing..

PIzXfUu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Shad forsythe is American.

It's going to take some time for his methods to bed in.

His appointment is a very good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I can't look at this without laughing..

PIzXfUu.jpg

It's hard to dislike Flamini even though he can drive ya mad sometimes!

Who would win? Second team would crush them i think :pac:

B4u92KTIIAAh05P.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement