Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Anyone got a source for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

But on the bright side arsene will have "2 new signings" in Giroud and Ozil in january !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

And with Walcott just coming back too. Was looking forward to seeing them playing together.

It defies belief at this stage. Did it happen to him in training or has it been gradual I wonder? I don't think anything happened him at the weekend anyway

He aggravated it against chelsea. So basically he was played while injured and nobody bothered to sub him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

This is ****ed up. If it turns out that Wenger and the senior staff knew Ozil had an injury of some sort and risked him, then serious questions need to be asked.

It defies belief, yet another injury to a first-team player, who will be now sidelined for months...

Good thing we're well stacked in that area, but still, it's madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Its sick the amount of injuries we get to key players throughout the season. No wonder we can never sustain a serious title challenge until the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Its sick the amount of injuries we get to key players throughout the season. No wonder we can never sustain a serious title challenge until the end.

People need to start realising this isnt coincidence or bad luck, there is a fundamental issue within the club that is not being identified. Something is not right be it conditioning, training, early diagnosis, treatment, transfer policy or something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

we're literrally a clown college for injuries.

Paj wrote: »
    we're literrally a clown college for injuries.

we have extended our lead at the top of the injury league

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Soups123 wrote: »
    People need to start realising this isnt coincidence or bad luck, there is a fundamental issue within the club that is not being identified. Something is not right be it conditioning, training, early diagnosis, treatment or something else.

This is something that I really do not understand about Arsenal this soft tissue injury crisis never seems to end. Is your core medical staff the same now as in recent seasons? I thought I'd read about an overhaul.

This is something that I really do not understand about Arsenal this soft tissue injury crisis never seems to end. Is your core medical staff the same now as in recent seasons? I thought I'd read about an overhaul.

Not sure about an overhaul I know they brought a new german lad in. Its a shocking list of injuries yet again and it has to be something we are doing wrong.

Yep I'm pretty sure there's been at least one overhaul in recent years and several reviews by people who know a lot more than we do so it's really hard to explain.

Yep I'm pretty sure there's been at least one overhaul in recent years and several reviews by people who know a lot more than we do so it's really hard to explain.

Personally I think its to do with the type of player we recruit and the lightness of them. We then train them to play tippy tappy keep ball and avoid contact. Maybe it under developes the muscle and tissue and they get rolloxed when in a high intensity contact game

Maybe I'm wrong but jesus christ its god damn awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I think the safest thing to say is no one on here has a clue what the cause if for a start.

Forsythe is only 2 months in the job so it's not as if it he deserves any criticism....it's not an overnight thing so hopefully he can identify the main factors involved as soon as possible.

Ya could argue that if we were all asked to pick our best team at the start of the season the front 6 would have looked like this:

Arteta Ramsay

Walcott Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

We now have one of those available if we were playing at the weekend. Absolutely crazy. And Debuchy missing from the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I think the safest thing to say is no one on here has a clue what the cause if for a start.

Forsythe is only 2 months in the job so it's not as if it he deserves any criticism....it's not an overnight thing so hopefully he can identify the main factors involved as soon as possible.

Ya could argue that if we were all asked to pick our best team at the start of the season the front 6 would have looked like this:

Arteta Ramsay

Walcott Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

We now have one of those available if we were playing at the weekend. Absolutely crazy. And Debuchy missing from the back.

At the start of the season yes but

I think

Flamini has been better or on par with Arteta
    Wilshere has been better then Ramsey
    Santi has been better than Ozil
    Welbeck different player but on par with Giroud (so far)

I think it could be a good thing (as much as I dont wanna say it)

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

byrneg28 wrote: »

I think it could be a good thing (as much as I dont wanna say it)

Never a good thing when you're constantly missing half your squad, what happens if any of the players you mentioned there get injured now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arteta Ramsay

Walcott Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

He's certainly getting a fair bit of evidence to work from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

wawaman wrote: »
    we have extended our lead at the top of the injury league

Hmmm maybe we should petition them to put a trophy in place for this!!!

I only saw the Ozil news a few minutes ago, I am actually speechless. Mourinho must have a drawer full voodoo dolls of our 1st team or something!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

gandalf wrote: »
    Hmmm maybe we should petition them to put a trophy in place for this!!!

I only saw the Ozil news a few minutes ago, I am actually speechless. Mourinho must have a drawer full voodoo dolls of our 1st team or something!!!

That has been the one consistent factor over the years.... Massive injuries to the team. It's not just the usual run of things... A few knocks or hamstrings, it's usually something with 3 to 9 months out. Truly cannot believe our luck.

• Advertisement

Scrape along til Christmas, make no signings because a few players will be back, go on a good run til summer, squeeze into 4th, sign **** all in the summer sure didn't we have a great run when we had a full squad, rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Arteta Ramsay

Walcott Ozil Sanchez

Giroud

I'm convinced its Bruce and not Shad Forsythe is our new fitness coach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 16m minutes ago

Walcott in, Ozil out. In out in out, shake it all about. Little bit revolving door and turn around, that's what it's all about.

Haha if you have twitter you need to follow this guy.

Scrape along til Christmas, make no signings because a few players will be back, go on a good run til summer, squeeze into 4th, sign **** all in the summer sure didn't we have a great run when we had a full squad, rinse and repeat.

That's probably what will happen alright, depressing.

Big chance now for Wilshere, Ox and Cazorla.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Kirby wrote: »
    How does not spending all the money available make one club "classier" than another? I've never quite got that.

Does Arsenal take a moral stand on transfers similar to Bilbao and only play players from London? No
    Does Arsenal refuse to spend massively on transfer fees and wages? No
    Does Arsenal refuse to pay agents fees? No
    Does Arsenal abstain from poaching young players from other clubs? No
    Does Arsenal provide cheap seats for their loyal fans? No

Arsenal are no different from any other professionally run club. Any notion of being "classier" is based on nothing more than emotion and cant be measured by any metric that counts.

If Arsenal had been bought by a billionaire instead of Chelsea or City, would you want the board or Wenger not to spend the money available out of some sort of "fairness"? Or would you want the best talent available to play at the Emirates?

Good points there.
    Nothing would embarrass, annoy or anger me like a 6 - 0 hammering.

That's probably what will happen alright, depressing.

Big chance now for Wilshere, Ox and Cazorla.

Especially Ox. He has been somewhat a disappointment for me, when he first signed for us I thought "jesus this kid is going to be as good if not better than Rooney".

and we didn't sign Cesc because we had too many in his position? Poxed we are.
    This is Arsenal and we never have enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maybe we should take GavRedKing at his word and scrap this thread and start again...

Chamberlain needs to step things up. He's still trying things which is good to see but lately he looks like someone playing out of position wherever he is. I think the staticness of most attacks and lack of pace in the side isn't helping him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Just heard on TV3 (hmmmmm) but they reported that Ozil is out for 3 months.

Anything official?

Nevermind, just found it a couple of pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Chamberlain needs to step things up. He's still trying things which is good to see but lately he looks like someone playing out of position wherever he is. I think the staticness of most attacks and lack of pace in the side isn't helping him.

Ox has been very good this season. He has stepped up. He was excellent against Spurs and Galatasaray and has been sacrificed for Ozil on a couple of occasions.

We don't lack pace with him Sanchez and Welbeck in the team.

Ox has been very good this season. He has stepped up. He was excellent against Spurs and Galatasaray and has been sacrificed for Ozil on a couple of occasions.

We don't lack pace with him Sanchez and Welbeck in the team.
    He was good against Galatasaray but then everyone was. :P

When I say "pace" it's more about the pace of an attack. The transition is very often much too slow or else the ball will get to one of the front 3/4 and there'll be no support from midfield until the opposition has everyone back.
    Again the tactics are the root of the problem. Chelsea sat back without the ball. They'd press when needed but they always had loads of space to attack into. Arsenal get the ball and before ya know it there's 21 players in the opposition half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Personally I think its to do with the type of player we recruit and the lightness of them. We then train them to play tippy tappy keep ball and avoid contact. Maybe it under developes the muscle and tissue and they get rolloxed when in a high intensity contact game

Maybe I'm wrong but jesus christ its god damn awful

And they get kicked all over the pitch. I thought when Wilshere started getting kicked that the refs would finally do something about it but....

One of the worst things about Ozil's injury is that he has hardly played twenty minutes in the same team as Walcott since he arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Top 4 battle could be tough now without our best player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Raf32 wrote: »

I don't think he's our best player myself. For me its Sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The problem now is we're going to end up over playing players this season due to these injuries, whatever about missing the individuals themselves.

omega man wrote: »
    The problem now is we're going to end up over playing players this season due to these injuries, whatever about missing the indivuals themselves.

The club is turning into a joke.
    There is more than coincidence to all this surely.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I think we have a better squad this year to deal with injuries. The likes of Rosicky and Podolski can come in and do a job and we may even see Campbell get a run out (finally).

What's the story with Diaby? Is he in the squad or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I bet you any amount of money that won't happen. We'll sign a couple more very good players this summer.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    I bet you any amount of money that won't happen. We'll sign a couple more very good players this summer.

Wenger is giving Pogba another year to develop at Juve before signing him :D

October and already we're pinning hopes on making signings next summer. :pac:

What's the story with Diaby? Is he in the squad or not?

He looks in great nick to me

33veryb.png

October and already we're pinning hopes on making signings next summer. :pac:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtvPkCT9eNM

I think we have a better squad this year to deal with injuries. The likes of Rosicky and Podolski can come in and do a job and we may even see Campbell get a run out (finally).

I don't think any of these 3 in the starting line up brings us forward all good bench players but not the quality to start week in/out

I don't think any of these 3 in the starting line up brings us forward all good bench players but not the quality to start week in/out

Agree but before it was the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, and Santos coming into replace injured players, I think our bench is stronger now and in turn are more equipped to deal with injuries.

9 games into new season and 9 players injured.

Agree but before it was the likes of Bendtner, Denilson, and Santos coming into replace injured players, I think our bench is stronger now and in turn are more equipped to deal with injuries.

Its the fact we're getting them at an alarming rate though is the real issue. I mean we can be relieved at what is there but the big question mark is whether they will be available tomorrow.

Its the fact we're getting them at an alarming rate though is the real issue. I mean we can be relieved at what is there but the big question mark is whether they will be available tomorrow.

Totally agree and ive said it before that something just isn't right the way we pick up so many injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

9 games into new season and 9 players injured.

And 9 points off top :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement