Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

byrneg28 wrote: »
    very impressed with todays performance. Particularly the front three welbeck-sanchez-giroud in respect to their pressing, we really miss that as a team. great front 3

That pressing has been the difference today for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

byrneg28 wrote: »
    very impressed with todays performance. Particularly the front three welbeck-sanchez-giroud in respect to their pressing, we really miss that as a team. great front 3

I wouldn't be. This is Newcastle back to their worst today. We've made you look good. Williamson and Gouffran on the pitch is a death sentence.

Credit to you for the win but I wouldn't be excited. I'm not here to be a WUM, i'm saying things how I see them. This is as bad as we've played all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Moneymaker wrote: »
    I wouldn't be. This is Newcastle back to their worst today. We've made you look good. Williamson and Gouffran on the pitch is a death sentence.

Credit to you for the win but I wouldn't be excited. I'm not here to be a WUM, i'm saying things how I see them. This is as bad as we've played all season.

Well I'm definitely excited anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The difference today is that we got into the game from the start, pressing the ball and pressurising them all the game.
    Not sitting back allowing them dictate the game like we allowed Stoke last week.

Probably our best performance in the league this season, please god build on it!

Soups123 wrote: »
    Well I'm definitely excited anyway

Funny how the mood was somewhat different here past few weeks.

Beating a god awful team down to the bare bones means nothing. Believe me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Not sure why the commentators are saying that 4-1 flatters Arsenal. We've played well against a team that played badly, and we deserve the lead because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

4 on target - 4 goals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Probably our best performance in the league this season, please god build on it!

Yeah reckon it was. Huge huge result

• Advertisement

We beat a team who won 7 or something in 9 games, who beat Chelsea. We aren't suggesting the leagues wrapped up but we've made a very inform team look poor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

When the team plays well and we win people are going to be happy about that. When the team plays poor and loses people are going to be annoyed. It's not rocket science.

omega man wrote: »
    Yeah reckon it was. Huge huge result

Think so can't think of better, considering how many players out also.

There have been **** days this season so I'm going to sit back sip up and enjoy

Roll on the boxing now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

You seem to forget you were playing a team that were playing a team who were missing a few defenders and first team midfielders.

Crock of B.S from a fan who isn't grateful in dfeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Some people only like it when we're winning.

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at your best

We beat a team who won 7 or something in 9 games, who beat Chelsea. We aren't suggesting the leagues wrapped up but we've made a very inform team look poor

Trust me mate, i'm telling you now; that is as bad as we have played all this calender year. Pardew somehow stumbled across a formation that worked, we got some lucky breaks and a few scrappy wins. All that run of form did is paper over the cracks. We had two League One standard players on the pitch today, our best by a mile this season was out too.

Credit to you for the win and all the goals were well taken. I wouldn't be seeing it as a corner turned or anything though.

• Advertisement

Newcastle's away record is pitiful - calm down lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Think so can't think of better, considering how many players out also.

There have been **** days this season so I'm going to sit back sip up and enjoy

Roll on the boxing now :)

St Stephen's Day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Trust me mate, i'm telling you now; that is as bad as we have played all this calender year. Pardew somehow stumbled across a formation that worked, we got some lucky breaks and a few scrappy wins. All that run of form did is paper over the cracks. We had two League One standard players on the pitch today, our best by a mile this season was out too.

Credit to you for the win and all the goals were well taken. I wouldn't be seeing it as a corner turned or anything though.

and the reason you played bad?
    Nothing to do with Arsenal playing very well, I suppose?
    Maybe you could explain then. . .

Wouldn't say we turned a corner but we were missing 5/6+ first 11 today and destroyed a team who just beat Chelsea. Whatever about Newcastle we played really well today and that can only be good

When the team plays well and we win people are going to be happy about that. When the team plays poor and loses people are going to be annoyed. It's not rocket science.

Thanks for explaining. I'd have never figured that out.

But Newcastle are the fickle ones of course. :rolleyes:
    Looper007 wrote: »
    You seem to forget you were playing a team that were playing a team who were missing a few defenders and first team midfielders.

Crock of B.S from a fan who isn't grateful in dfeat.

First and second choice goal keepers injured. First choice centre half injured. Left back injured. Two first choice midfielders injured, one of who has been our best player this season by a mile. We had as many if not more players crocked then you. And we don't spend 50m+ a year.

I'm not even going to reply to your ridiculous cheap shot.
    Irish Aris wrote: »
    and the reason you played bad?
    Nothing to do with Arsenal playing very well, I suppose?
    Maybe you could explain then. . .

See above.

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »

Don't think anyone is claiming it to be anymore than a good result

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Great performance from Arsenal. Debuchy solid at CB very impressed with him in there tonight. Gibbs excellent again as I said before anytime I see him he impresses me. Only thing I'd be critical of is Ox in the 3 when he's running at the opposition goal he's fine. When he receives the ball in his own half he gets caught too much and his passing isn't great in there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Great performance today, nice to see us getting the goals in aswell as I can see GD being a factor if there is to be any chase for the top for teams this season. For me Giroud and Welbz were our best players today. Giroud really impressive with his hold-up play and is a completely different beast with two speedy wingers around him, and showing off his ridiculous heading skills and his panache for foot flicks with that goal.

Bellerin look decent aswell, his speed makes up for a lot of mistakes he can make as if he misses a tackle he's right back on top of em in a second. Looked great going forward also.

Debuchy solid in the centre, not much to do but kept the shape well, nice to know we can operate with him there.

Ox great at times today but I feel our midfield was definitely lacking a bit of precision passing that Ozil or Arteta can give, although the bursting runs are no harm!

Gibbs is becoming one of my favourite players at the club. Great going forward, intelligent intercepting and tackling, I think he's one of the best LB's around at the moment - should be a shoe in for England in front of Baines in my opinion.

Lastly just a huge credit to the defence considering how makeshift it was, a few dodgy moments but seemed to keep each other covered, and I think the team works harder when they know the back four isn't the first choice defenders.

4 goals and no injuries, yeow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

nuxxx wrote: »
    Wellbeck is brutal in those situations
    Sanchez held onto it for too long, should have given the early ball. Wasn't the only time he overplayed it today either.

Good result. Need to get a run on over Christmas. Also good that Southampton have lost 4 in a row. :pac:

That said. I'll be backing Giroud first goal score, he likes a goal against this lot

At a tasty 9/2

Ajfunky wrote: »
    4 goals and no injuries, yeow!

Wait til after the post-match presser at least. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't think anyone is getting carried away. I'm quite relieved at the fact that we played well against an in form team, with only a make-shift defence.

I also took pleasure in watching what must surely be our first team attack playing together, a set-up in which they haven't played all that well.

It's a small victory at the end of the day, but it is a victory none the less, and one that some people doubted at the start of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Considering the back four, players injured and our recent form this was a great win.

Anyone trying to make out otherwise is just looking to moan.

That really was a sexy finish by Giroud for his second

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Thanks for explaining. I'd have never figured that out.

But Newcastle are the fickle ones of course. :rolleyes:

First and second choice goal keepers injured. First choice centre half injured. Left back injured. Two first choice midfielders injured. We had as many if not more players crocked then you. And we don't spend 50m+ a year.

I'm not even going to reply to your ridiculous cheap shot.

You sure you're not talking about arsenal there with all the injury excuses?

End of the day, we won convincingly. You guys were poor, we played well. As a master of the "we have x, x, and x out through injury" excuse, I don't think it really is much of a worthwhile excuse. Tbh if you say you have league one quality players on the pitch then you can only blame yerselves.

Again with the not spending 50mil+ a season. I've used that one too many times to count over the last decade.

I can understand that you're upset when you're club is beaten so convincingly. But to say that we shouldn't be happy after seeing our club play well is a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Not going to listen to anything negative after that, just going to enjoy the result and have a few beers. Cheers to Santi on his birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Delighted with the result, I thought the players really showed alot of spirit, played as a team and always supporting eachother and doing alot of leg work for team mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Newcastle fan here too. Can understand what money is saying about Newcastle being bad, I doubt yel be given an easier 3 points this year.

In saying that I'm a closet arsenal enthusiast and think ye were good today, Sanchez is a brilliant pest, giroud gives ye back the option to whip one in the box and encouraging from the young right full. He was only up against Sammy ami though ",.

Happy for wenger. I still reckon ye stole debuchy off us for peanuts, pricks !!!

K4t wrote: »
    Sanchez held onto it for too long, should have given the early ball. Wasn't the only time he overplayed it today either.

You are criticising The Great One™?

That really was a sexy finish by Giroud for his second

Everything about that man is pure sex

Everything about that man is pure sex

I usually save my hard on's for the opposite sex but he knows how to press my buttons

I usually save my hard on's for the opposite sex but he knows how to press my buttons

Go look at Mrs Özil- Olivier is mine!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Go look at Mrs Özil- Olivier is mine!!!

Don't worry lads he likes to stick it about :pac: You both get some action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Lads lads lads lads lads lads lads LADS!

Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I can understand that you're upset when you're club is beaten so convincingly. But to say that we shouldn't be happy after seeing our club play well is a bit much.

Except s/he's not saying that.

Arsenal played against a woeful Newcastle side today that should not be overlooked. I've rarely seen the arsenal midfield have it as easy.

By all means be happy with the win. Those were some lovely goals but that's as far as I'd go.

Delighted to see Giroud back on the score sheet

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Turtwig wrote: »
    Except s/he's not saying that.

Arsenal played against a woeful Newcastle side today that should not be overlooked. I've rarely seen the arsenal midfield have it as easy.

By all means be happy with the win. Those were some lovely goals but that's as far as I'd go.

Delighted to see Giroud back on the score sheet

In fairness, the fact that Newcastle were so bad is in a big way down to the fact that we played very well for large sections of the game.

In fairness, the fact that Newcastle were so bad is in a big way down to the fact that we played very well for large sections of the game.

We played what I consider to be a bad Stoke team last week and lost.
    We had intensity today from the start and that counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

It's the Torygraph don't mind it! Pirlo did it it was sexy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ah Cudicini the guy who pissed away his career on the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

The difference today is that we got into the game from the start, pressing the ball and pressurising them all the game.
    Not sitting back allowing them dictate the game like we allowed Stoke last week.

That's not the difference.. Ye did that against United and lost.

symbolic wrote: »
    That's not the difference.. Ye did that against United and lost.

The reason we lost was because we didn't take our chances.
    We did tonight.
    BUT the intensity from the start was the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ex Spud ......we shouldn't even acknowledge him , also a chelsea keeper when before they won the lotto :P

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement