Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I like our front 3, they work well together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Ex Spud ......we shouldn't even acknowledge him , also a chelsea keeper when before they won the lotto :P

I love the ones who are taking pot shots at our club are usually ex players at Liverpool and Spuds, but when they are looking at their own club they seem to ignore their failings i.e Carragher.

I like our front 3, they work well together

I think we should play that top 3 when it comes to heavy tackling bullies. No messing about with Welbeck, giroud or even Sanchez. They will get stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

In fairness, the fact that Newcastle were so bad is in a big way down to the fact that we played very well for large sections of the game.

Sorry mate, it just isn't.

I've been following Newcastle since 1992. I know my team and I know my club. I knew within the first 5 minutes we were getting dicked tonight. This was the Newcastle you saw at Southampton. This is the Newcastle you saw surrender 0-3 at home to Sunderland. Long balls, giving the ball away constantly. Mike Williamson playing. Gouffran playing. No Sissoko. No Taylor. No Krul, etc, etc. Did Arsenal play well? Yes. Did they have to really fight for it and earn it? No.

Credit where it's due, Bellerin was fantastic tonight(first time i've seen him), Ox was good, Giroud was excellent and Sanchez is Sanchez.

There have been Arsenal teams I truly feared. 1998, 2001, 2004. Great teams.

This isn't one of them.

I'm not here to troll or be a WUM. I call things how I see them and i'm honest.

I'm done now. Congrats and good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Am heading to the bookies 2moro to put a nice wedge on us to win the Champs Lge. Call me crazy but when we have a fully fit squad there isnt many teams in Europe that we should fear.

Moneymaker wrote: »

I've been following Newcastle since 1992. I know my team and I know my club. I knew within the first 5 minutes we were getting dicked tonight. This was the Newcastle you saw at Southampton. This is the Newcastle you saw surrender 0-3 at home to Sunderland. Long balls, giving the ball away constantly. Mike Williamson playing. Gouffran playing. No Sissoko. No Taylor. No Krul, etc, etc. Did Arsenal play well? Yes. Did they have to really fight for it and earn it? No.

Credit where it's due, Bellerin was fantastic tonight(first time i've seen him), Ox was good, Giroud was excellent and Sanchez is Sanchez.

This isn't one of them.

Well we had injuries to some top players, a make shift defence. We played a Mid week game away you guys didn't. You seem like you are picking holes and making excuses, sorry be grateful in defeat. Take it on the chin and move on.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Am heading to the bookies 2moro to put a nice wedge on us to win the Champs Lge. Call me crazy but when we have a fully fit squad there isnt many teams in Europe that we should fear.

Your late to the party

That's so last week :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Your late to the party

That's so last week :)

Sorry i havent been on much this week :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanchez 14 (9)
    Welbeck 6 (3)
    Ramsey 6 (3)
    Giroud 5 (4)
    Cazorla 4 (3)
    Podolski 3(0)
    Ox 2(1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Wilshere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Chambers 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (0)
    Sanogo 1(0)

Goals scored (League goals in brackets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

efb wrote: »
    You are criticising The Great One™?
    He takes too much out of the ball at times, something most Arsenal players are guilty of. It's his style though and it usually works for him because he's so good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

The reason we lost was because we didn't take our chances.
    We did tonight.
    BUT the intensity from the start was the same.

That's what I meant.. The difference today was the ball went in the net.. That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Wow 3 dives by chelsea today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Wow 3 dives by chelsea today

Cahill not sent off though.
    If it was an Arsenal player he'd be sent off.

Cahill not sent off though.
    If it was an Arsenal player he'd be sent off.

And front page headlines.

See Eduardo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

symbolic wrote: »
    That's what I meant.. The difference today was the ball went in the net.. That's it.
    First 20 minutes were completely different than against Stoke. Perhaps the best you've played all season as a team. Let's not forget Stoke could have been 5 or 6 nil up at half time at the Britannia, Arsenal were that bad.

Also, Giroud wasn't isolated like against Stoke with both Welbeck and Sanchez there to provide support alongside him which I believe is crucial to how he performs.

Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV past career as dub reggae star named Crucial Robbie back in the early 90's. Needs a remix with Claude and Ty methinks :pac:.

Anyway Arsenal Fan TV are having Q & A in London at The Gunners Pub for Christmas all proceeds going to charity with Robbie as Host and along with a panel of Bully, Claude, Ty, Moh and Chris Hudson. So anyone in London on 23rd of December should check it out. They always have a good laugh.

Looper007 wrote: »

Robbie from Arsenal Fan TV past career as dub reggae star named Crucial Robbie back in the early 90's. Needs a remix with Claude and Ty methinks :pac:.

Anyway Arsenal Fan TV are having Q & A in London at The Gunners Pub for Christmas all proceeds going to charity with Robbie as Host and along with a panel of Bully, Claude, Ty, Moh and Chris Hudson. So anyone in London on 23rd of December should check it out. They always have a good laugh.

Arsenal fan tv is an embarrassment 90% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It is, but like a car crash i can't help but look

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Being linked by a few of the redtops today with Howedes off Schalke

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Being linked by a few of the redtops today with Howedes off Schalke

He's slooooow. Him and mert would be glacial. But he's versatile, a good header and physically strong. Wouldn't cost a fortune either. A solid choice

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's slooooow. Him and mert would be glacial. But he's versatile, a good header and physically strong. Wouldn't cost a fortune either. A solid choice

Haven't seen much of him but I lost interest at slooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Moneymaker wrote: »

This isn't one of them.

This was my feeling. we played well but newcastle were poor.

This was my feeling. we played well but newcastle were poor.

They were the **** Newcastle because we pressed them from the off. I'm all for not getting too excited by a win but let's be fair we beat a team inform who just took Chelsea's cherry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bad2dabone wrote: »

Another slow CB is the last thing we need. Someone mobile like Kos that can handle pacier strikers would be make much more sense.

Agreed, a fast cb would be my preference. We've been linked with Howedes before, it worries me slightly. He's not a bad player at all, captain of Schalke, but I'm always happier with a pacy defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Soups123 wrote: »
    They were the **** Newcastle because we pressed them from the off. I'm all for not getting too excited by a win but let's be fair we beat a team inform who just took Chelsea's cherry.

bruv i know and i am happy for the win mate dont worry :)

i'll be estatic if we can win a game against a top top side away from home.

:)

League is begining to shape up now that southampton have fallen back down to earth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Remember when Coutinho was better than Ozil? Good times

Our attacking play yesterday was on another level to the sh1te on display at OT. If only we could get our defence right...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

During the summer, I had a slight hope that we'd get Balotelli on the cheap.

All I can say now is PHEW!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

CatInABox wrote: »
    During the summer, I had a slight hope that we'd get Balotelli on the cheap.

All I can say now is PHEW!

yeah was delighted when i seen arsenal had interest in him :)

But Arsene knew better :cool::cool:

• Advertisement

Surely we have to beat pool next week.

We've been **** away and they are in dire need of a win, I'm not in anyway convinced

I never had a problem with liverpool until some of therr fans came in here last year giving it biggins

Enjoying there slump thus far

There at home I would expect a reaction from them and were patchy away from home
    Draw Id say

I never had a problem with liverpool until some of therr fans came in here last year giving it biggins

And Henry and Rodgers laying into Wenger for having the audacity to bid for one of their players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

And Henry and Rodgers laying into Wenger for having the audacity to bid for one of their players.

Whooaaa! There's only one person who goes by that name around here. If anyone's name contains the word "Henry", please use their full name.

_57624283_th18_getty.jpg

Big decision for wenger this weekend re defence

My 11 for next weekend

Secz

Debuchy. Mert. Monreal. Gibbs

Arteta. Ox

Sanchez. Cazorla. Welbeck

Giroud

If Monreal is injured, debuchy moves in with bellerin or chambers right back

We better not see the chambers/mert combination against there pacy attack

They were a cocky bunch insulting any other fan's who had never to question them as a "1 man team". But now its looking like last year was a fluke and that Suarez was the reason they got so far. So I can't say that I'm not loving seen it all crumbling down around them.

on Sunday, I think we take them. If Kos is fit and Ramsey too. And with our attacking threat then I think we will win the game. I'm not as weary as some of you are.

My 11 for next weekend

Secz

Arteta. Ox

Giroud

Won't Ramsey or Kos be available for the game?

Swansea fans to Spurs fans: "You're just a bus stop in Arsenal."

:pac:

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Won't Ramsey or Kos be available for the game?

Ramsey is out for 4 weeks no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

My 11 for next weekend

Secz

Arteta. Ox

Giroud

I would agree with all that. Mert/Chambers have been a disaster together this year.

Hopefully Monreal and Arteta are back.....and Brad Jones starts in goal for them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

yes get in swansea :) 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Arsenal v Newcastle
    Sunderland v West Ham
    Swansea v Spurs (Sun)

These 3 with both teams to score is my bet for the weekend works out at 4.5 / 1 with Boylesports. Your bet will run to the 90th minute too.

Nice little earner :D:D

Feel the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Really hope we can beat Liverpool next week. Newcastle were obviously poor yesterday but we were excellent at the same time and we'll take a lot of confidence from that win. It's 5 wins in our last 6 games, if we could get a bit of a run going over Christmas we'll be in fantastic shape come January with the likes of Walcott, Ozil and hopefully Koscielny, Arteta etc coming back into the side.

Just realised as well that Liverpool have a COC game on Wednesday which they'll no doubt be going all out to win while we have a solid 8 day break. No excuses whatsoever!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Chambers is just as quick as Monreal if that's what you mean.

Chambers is just as quick as Monreal if that's what you mean.

Maybe it's his positioning but beside mert they both look slow on the centre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

• Advertisement

No word of any injuries after the players' Christmas party last night so at least that's good news :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement