Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

No word of any injuries after the players' Christmas party last night so at least that's good news :pac:

All in bed by midnight. not literally all in a bed ;-)

Tame stuff I'd reckon!

Going to be a huge loss if the rumours are true about the ox being a doubt for Sunday. He has really impressed of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No word of any injuries after the players' Christmas party last night so at least that's good news :pac:
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Going to be a huge loss if the rumours are true about the ox being a doubt for Saturday. He has really impressed of late.

.... You bloody jinxed it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Just like United who reversed last year's same fixture. I reckon arsenal will spank Liverpool 6:1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Basil3 wrote: »
    Going to be a huge loss if the rumours are true about the ox being a doubt for Sunday. He has really impressed of late.

Maybe im the only one but i thought he was poor on saturday, gave the ball away alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wawaman wrote: »
    Maybe im the only one but i thought he was poor on saturday, gave the ball away alot

You and me both. His ok but overhyped by some in here.

I stand by what I said. His no better then Joe Campbell imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

You and me both. His ok but overhyped by some in here.

I stand by what I said. His no better then Joe Campbell imo

Disagree. Huge work rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

wawaman wrote: »

He was playing as a centre mid - driving forward on the counter attack, he gave a wholly different dynamic, which I was very impressed with

Problem is it comes with a downfall, Ox as a right midfield/wing player most of his youth isn't as an accomplished passer as Santi Cazorla or Ozil in the same position.

As much as his passing wasn't up to scratch, I loved his dynamic in the counter attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Arteta and Walcott due back for the Pool game. I can't imagine Walcott starting and I'd prefer if Arteta doesn't either. I really rate him but he always seems to start very slowly after coming back from injury, so I'd prefer to see him on the bench too. With Ox out, as well as Ramsey, Wilshere and Rosicky ? too, perhaps he'll be forced to start though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I’m feeling confident about next weekend, Liverpool are not good, but their defence is dire and seeing Brad Jones at the weekend, hearing that he’s dropped mingolet for a worse goalie, that’s nice.
    We’ve had Fraser Foster and David DeGea play stormers against us recently, I don’t think Jones is of the same standard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

As an update to my question the other day, you can bet on the CL draw on paddy power now. Link

Free money if you put it on Bayern or Real!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I’m feeling confident about next weekend, Liverpool are not good, but their defence is dire and seeing Brad Jones at the weekend, hearing that he’s dropped mingolet for a worse goalie, that’s nice.
    We’ve had Fraser Foster and David DeGea play stormers against us recently, I don’t think Jones is of the same standard.

You could go through nearly every goalkeeper in the league including sub goalkeepers and they are all very very solid.

Apart from Mignolet and Jones, my god they are awful

As an update to my question the other day, you can bet on the CL draw on paddy power now. Link

Free money if you put it on Bayern or Real!

Sounds like a really bad advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    You could go through nearly every goalkeeper in the league including sub goalkeepers and they are all very very solid.

Apart from Mignolet and Jones, my god they are awful

There’s no way jones should be on a Premier League teams roster, even one like liverpools.
    He was comical yesterday, jumping out of the way of rooneys shot and then following the ball like a dog chasing his tail for the other guys goal.

I would fancy us to put a couple past him, at least.
    I’m not usually this confident, these mid table/upper mid table teams can be tricky at times – but I’m feeling good about this one.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    There’s no way jones should be on a Premier League teams roster, even one like liverpools.
    He was comical yesterday, jumping out of the way of rooneys shot and then following the ball like a dog chasing his tail for the other guys goal.

I would fancy us to put a couple past him, at least.
    I’m not usually this confident, these mid table/upper mid table teams can be tricky at times – but I’m feeling good about this one.

His positioning for v.Persies goal was schoolboy, I've never seen a goalkeeper do something like that at this level

Also it's times like this when I respect Wenger for his paitience. Although it's not the best of qualities at times, Rodgers constant shuffling of the teams formation and line-up must be damning on the teams overall confidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Time is the draw on lads?

Time is the draw on lads?

in about 50 minutes, Porto or Monaco please

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

How annoying is it going to be when Liverpool kick start their season against us next week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not particularly confident about next weekend, Liverpool will feel they can beat us regardless of form and the way we collapsed at Stoke has me concerned that will happen again. If it was the Emirates I'd be pretty confident but not at Anfield.

Sounds like a really bad advertisement

Sorry?

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not particularly confident about next weekend, Liverpool will feel they can beat us regardless of form and the way we collapsed at Stoke has me concerned that will happen again. If it was the Emirates I'd be pretty confident but not at Anfield.

I'm quietly confident, not going around saying it to my Liverpool mates or nothing.

But our record at Anfield is quite impressive, last year was a blip, we were high on confidence and completely underestimated Liverpool.

1. We will not underestimate again
    2. Liverpool don't want to play us right now
    3. They can't score goals for love nor money

We'll be fine just gotta do to them what they did to us last year, and press them like we did at Newcastle. Play them at the game they 'think' they are good at. When it's really the Arsenal way.

Sorry?

Free money if you put it on Bayern or Real

-- I read it in like that Paddy Power advertising voice. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

We have a nice run of games ahead..
    10 very winnable games coming up and one draw....(cmon its xmas :p)

Pool away, QPR home and West Ham away, Hull (FAC at home), Southampton away , Stoke at home ..... then we face Man City in the lge after which, Villa at home, Spuirs away, Leicester at home, Palace away.. throw in a couple of CL match there too.

Right Arsene you have had enough false starts this season, and enough dicking around with the team, time to get serious and show what your made of.
    28 very winnable points there including draw to Man city plus a nice cup draw, Id like to see us develop some form and consistency, confidence and stability into the team. And to put us back in the running for a late tilt at the title if Man City or Chelsea have any slip ups.

Free money if you put it on Bayern or Real

-- I read it in like that Paddy Power advertising voice. haha

Oh I get you!

I just think it's inevitable we'll draw one of them so may as well try make some money while we're at it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We have elf of the shelf in our house, I was talking to my youngest yesterday about the CL and told him we would like one of the 'not so good teams'. He told me this morning he asked the elf last night before bed to ask Santa for an easy team.

Lets see if this Santa guy has anything about him or not. Kids in for a harsh reality if it fails.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Soups123 wrote: »
    We have elf of the shelf in our house, I was talking to my youngest yesterday about the CL and told him we would like one of the 'not so good teams'. He told me this morning he asked the elf last night before bed to ask Santa for an easy team.

Lets see if this Santa guy has anything about him or not. Kids in for a harsh reality if it fails.........

Ah now, you need to tell Soups JR that Santa isn't a genie and that he can't just grant you any wish you want at any given time! Especially not one so fcuking ludicrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Please give us a good draw here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Psg Chelsea, City Barcelona, Cmon Monaco!!!

Real Madrid... so only **** up now would be bayern oh plz

• Advertisement

YESSSS

its gonna be bayern isnt it

We're not getting bayern!! Monaco or Porto boys

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

YEAH! Finally a bit of luck.

GET IN!

BEST DRAW EVER

Arsenal vs Monaco

• Advertisement

Arsene back to where he made his name. They've been good defensively this season, but not great at scoring.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Monaco then.

love it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Psg Chelsea, City Barcelona, Cmon Monaco!!!

Woohoo

Monaco, yes! My jinx worked:pac:

Naturally we're going to go ahead and lose anyway now

• Advertisement

Woo-hoo!

(who was it that put money on us winning the CL?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

At last a bit of luck!

If we get past Monaco there could be a good draw waiting as a lot of the strong teams have paired up

We were actually better off coming second :pac::pac::pac:

Happy Christmas!

good work Soups Jnr!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It'll feel weird not playing a team from Germany to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Hallelujah No Bayern/No Barca/No Real...at last Wengers / @Arsenal prayers answered...:) Bring on Monaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Very happy with that. Thanks be to jesus.

Chelsea getting the raw end of the draw for once

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Hopefully two extra games in Europe this year.

Happy Days!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement