Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Probably only see Neuer from the LadBible.

Huh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Huh?

They probably only see Neuer in action when the LadBible post him coming out of his box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Depends.

They generally only go on sale to Gold members, then silver and rarely trickle down to red members.

Be that as it may, I managed to get tickets for Dortmund away but couldn't for Anderlecht?? It just depends on how many seats you're allocated.

Also remember Monaco is such an expensive region. I could only imagine what hotel rates would be like during the game..

you could probably go along the coast a little (maybe even into Italy) and find something a little cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Sky Sports poll best goalkeeper in the world: De Gea 33% Neur 19% Courtouis 17% Lloris 17%

Sorry what!? I know it's all a matter of opinion but some people are so fickle

I saw them doing this poll this morning. They gave I think 5 or 6 options but Neuer was the only one from outside the Premiership. Also the poll was run on Twitter on an English station the morning after United beat Liverpool with DDG putting in a world class performance, I'd imagine it was mostly United fans voting for their man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just wanted to remind everyone we got Monaco, GET IN :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

We have a nice run of games ahead..
    10 very winnable games coming up and one draw....(cmon its xmas :p)

Pool away, QPR home and West Ham away, Hull (FAC at home), Southampton away , Stoke at home ..... then we face Man City in the lge after which, Villa at home, Spuirs away, Leicester at home, Palace away.. throw in a couple of CL match there too.

Right Arsene you have had enough false starts this season, and enough dicking around with the team, time to get serious and show what your made of.
    28 very winnable points there including draw to Man city plus a nice cup draw, Id like to see us develop some form and consistency, confidence and stability into the team. And to put us back in the running for a late tilt at the title if Man City or Chelsea have any slip ups.

Love the CL draw.. fits in well with my master plan..... (loud hysterical laughing... )

Fri 26th Dec QPR H PL

Sun 28th Dec West Ham A PL

Thu 1st Jan Southampton A PL

Sun 4th Jan Hull City H FAC

Sun 11th Jan Stoke H PL

Sun 18th Jan Man City A PL

Sat 24th Jan Rd 4 FAC

Sun 1st Feb Aston Villa H PL

Sat 7th Feb Spurs A PL

Tue 10th Feb Leicester H PL

Sat 14th Feb Rd 5 FAC

Sat 21st Feb Palace A PL

Wed 25th Feb Monaco H CL

Sat 28th Feb Everton H PL

Tue 3rd Mar QPR A PL

Sat 7th Mar Qtr Final FAC

Sat 14th Mar West Ham H PL

Tue 17th Mar Monaco A CL

Sat 21st Mar NewC A PL

Sat 4th Apr Pool H PL

Sat 11th Apr Burnley A Pl

Wed 14th Apr Qtr Final CL

Sat 18th Apr Sunderland H PL

Wed 21stApr Qtr Final CL

Sat 25th Apr Chelsea H PL 6 pointer to see who goes top of the PL … happy xmas :D

just notice we have games in London prior to the Monaco matches... nice one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Last 16 of UCL tie, with huge potential to go through , changes the goalposts a little

yes, but won't the season ticket holders have used up their free cup tickets by then meaning that they will have to pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

We have a nice run of games ahead..
    10 very winnable games coming up and one draw....(cmon its xmas :p)

Pool away, QPR home and West Ham away, Hull (FAC at home), Southampton away , Stoke at home ..... then we face Man City in the lge after which, Villa at home, Spuirs away, Leicester at home, Palace away.. throw in a couple of CL match there too.

Right Arsene you have had enough false starts this season, and enough dicking around with the team, time to get serious and show what your made of.
    28 very winnable points there including draw to Man city plus a nice cup draw, Id like to see us develop some form and consistency, confidence and stability into the team. And to put us back in the running for a late tilt at the title if Man City or Chelsea have any slip ups.

Only doable if Wenger changes his ways a little.

id like to see more rotations for our team and uitilze our squad more instead of having players being run down till they are injured.

use rosisky and podolski more. Get Joe cambell involved.

intercgange griud and wellbeck more so they dont play together all the time and only play togetehr against teh top teams as most defence would not cope with both at there peak.

get in a CB and call jenkinson back in so he can play RB/LB and chambers as our CB.

Oh really? I always thought those midweek games weren't too tough to get tickets for.

They are easy to get. i got tickets to teh bayern game no problem.

if you miss out on the red member day u can get them, there will be loads available 48hours before kick off via the ticket exchange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Only doable if Wenger changes his ways a little.

id like to see more rotations for our team and uitilze our squad more instead of having players being run down till they are injured.

use rosisky and podolski more. Get Joe cambell involved.

intercgange griud and wellbeck more so they dont play together all the time and only play togetehr against teh top teams as most defence would not cope with both at there peak.

get in a CB and call jenkinson back in so he can play RB/LB and chambers as our CB.
    Rosicky must be injured isn't he ? He's been nowhere near the team in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »
    Rosicky must be injured isn't he ? He's been nowhere near the team in ages

Yeah he has a thigh injury but it's pretty recent he's just been sitting on the bench for the majority of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Godge wrote: »
    yes, but won't the season ticket holders have used up their free cup tickets by then meaning that they will have to pay?

how many games is it, 6 or 7?

hull in the FA cup will be game 5, with 2 more fa cup rounds before monaco.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Just wanted to remind everyone we got Monaco, GET IN :pac:

Im actually delighted we got Monaco no disrespect to them, but Juve is arguably going to be a tougher draw for Dortmund especially with a beast like Pogba in the middle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Get Joe cambell involved.

I'm not so sure about Cambell. A lot here looking for him to play but anytime he has he hasn't impressed me.

He hasn't got much time in fairness but I thought he had a great chance against a poor Galatasary defence and while he was ok I was a bit disappointed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    I'm not so sure about Cambell. A lot here looking for him to play but anytime he has he hasn't impressed me.

He hasn't got much time in fairness but I thought he had a great chance against a poor Galatasary defence and while he was ok I was a bit disappointed with him.

Give him a chance.
    He is a workhorse.

Welbeck had 2/3 fresh-air kicks from inside the 6 yard area earlier in the season and we still like him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It's basically looking good in the World Cup and having a decent record in Greece.

Two points on that.

1: Tim Cahill looked better in the WC.

2: we walked over the best team in Greece twice recently. Imagine how bad the rest are.

But every time he doesn't play and we look flat, his stock rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

batistuta9 wrote: »
    how many games is it, 6 or 7?

hull in the FA cup will be game 5, with 2 more fa cup rounds before monaco.

7 games. Last year the Bayern match was the first pay game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just looking at Sanchez's goals and assists in the league.

9 goals and 5 assists in 14 starts is fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just looking at Sanchez's goals and assists in the league.

9 goals and 5 assists in 14 starts is fantastic!

After the same games in his first season, arshavin had 12 and 7 assists i think, what happened to him:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

yipeeeee wrote: »
    After the same games in his first season, arshavin had 12 and 7 assists i think, what happened to him:(

He got incredibly lazy... Yes, he was forced out wide but thats still no excuse for how lazy he became.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He was a lazy sh1te, that's what happened to him. Total opposite of Sanchez in every way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I don't think beating Monaco is a sure thing. Not by a long shot.

But we're definitely not going to get a hiding, so I can totally look forward to the games.

But enough of that, need to get the head in the game for the Pool this week. Want revenge for last year (the time they beat us, not the often forgotten two times we beat them).

Never trust a player with their own clothing label!

Not doing enough riding :D

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I don't think beating Monaco is a sure thing. Not by a long shot.

But we're definitely not going to get a hiding, so I can totally look forward to the games.

But enough of that, need to get the head in the game for the Pool this week. Want revenge for last year (the time they beat us, not the often forgotten two times we beat them).

The main thing is that Monaco aren't clinical and don't punish you for every error.

That's been our problem. We're capable of beating anyone but over two legs you're pretty much guaranteed that we'll have a shaky spell too.

Vrs Bayern or Barca, that shaky spell pretty much means you're done. Press press press and then leave one hole at the back and you go a goal down. Then your head drops for a second and you go two or three down.

Hopefully Monaco will let us away with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

He was a lazy sh1te, that's what happened to him. Total opposite of Sanchez in every way.

Ha true! With that said I'll never forget his 4 against the Pool. 4 shots on target 4 goals :D Sanchez to get a couple this weekend hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gosplan wrote: »
    The main thing is that Monaco aren't clinical and don't punish you for every error.

That's been our problem. We're capable of beating anyone but over two legs you're pretty much guaranteed that we'll have a shaky spell too.

Vrs Bayern or Barca, that shaky spell pretty much means you're done. Press press press and then leave one hole at the back and you go a goal down. Then your head drops for a second and you go two or three down.

Hopefully Monaco will let us away with that.

Monaco ain't no great shakes and that was the worse group for football I've seen in CL this season. We will take them no problems.

Ha true! With that said I'll never forget his 4 against the Pool. 4 shots on target 4 goals :D Sanchez to get a couple this weekend hopefully.

Even in that match he was crap even though he scored four goals :pac:. Sanchez is way and above Arshavin. I fancy him Welbeck and Giroud to cause them massive problems this weekend. 3-1 win for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Looper007 wrote: »
    Monaco ain't no great shakes and that was the worse group for football I've seen in CL this season. We will take them no problems.

4 goals they scored. 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

4 goals they scored. 4.

It was a poor group but they still only conceded 1 goal in the 6 games, not too shabby

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Falcao's loan is season long right? He's the only Monaco player I'd fear. They have some decent players but we've more than enough quality to take them.

4 goals they scored. 4.

I think we got a great draw. If Wenger can get everyone fit and ready and we go in with a great run in the League behind us. I think we have a chance. The CL is a strange creature sometimes the best squads don't always win.

Falcao's loan is season long right? He's the only Monaco player I'd fear. They have some decent players but we've more than enough quality to take them.

Have you not seen him at UTD, it's clear his knee ligament injury has done him in. If young players are getting in the team before you it shows the manager doesn't fancy him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Even in that match he was crap even though he scored four goals :pac:. Sanchez is way and above Arshavin. I fancy him Welbeck and Giroud to cause them massive problems this weekend. 3-1 win for us.

Don't want to get into a debate, Arshavin was dire after his opening decent spell, no doubt about it. With that said how can you be crap in a game and score 4 goals? By not scoring the 5th to win it? :P

Give him a chance.
    He is a workhorse.

Welbeck had 2/3 fresh-air kicks from inside the 6 yard area earlier in the season and we still like him.

Ah I'm not writing him off but I was disappointed in him

Just on welbeck, when Walcott is back fully fit does welbeck drop to the bench?

If prefer a front three of Sanchez, welbeck and Walcott. Welbeck has some good qualities but he isn't good enough in front of goal for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If prefer a front three of Sanchez, welbeck and Walcott. Welbeck has some good qualities but he isn't good enough in front of goal for me

Surely you'd have Welbeck behind Giroud in the pecking order

I'd prefer Giroud to Welbeck at the moment.

Sorry I didn't mean welbeck in there I ment Giroud with welbeck dropping to the bench

Welbeck is a very good option off the bench though. Didn't fergie use him as a work horse on the wing on big European away nights too. Could come in very handy.

The thing is though, Henry, pires etc etc were no better when they first started.

the point i am making is that Joe Cambell needs to get a chance, a proper chance. The guy should be starting mimimum 10 games this season and gradually make the grade if after 10 starts he has performed well. his only started twice this season and we are almost midway into the season.

The guy doesnt even come off the bench either and people like sanoogo has had more play time then Joe Cambell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Can people please stop calling him Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

So today my pregnant wife had her second scan and the girl we were told we were having is now a boy. I'm telling you all because I finally can buy a jersey for my child, as our first was a girl and there was no way I was allowed dress her in a Gunner top. As for names, I haven't yet suggested Thierry but its only a matter of time.

keano_afc wrote: »
    So today my pregnant wife had her second scan and the girl we were told we were having is now a boy. I'm telling you all because I finally can buy a jersey for my child, as our first was a girl and there was no way I was allowed dress her in a Gunner top. As for names, I haven't yet suggested Thierry but its only a matter of time.

Joe ??

I baptise your son Alexis :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dennis aka the second coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Quazzie wrote: »
    Can people please stop calling him Joe.

And while we are at it, it's not cambell.....its Campbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Olivier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arsene

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Nicklas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Wojciech

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement