Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Theo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

The thing is though, Henry, pires etc etc were no better when they first started.

the point i am making is that Joe Cambell needs to get a chance, a proper chance. The guy should be starting mimimum 10 games this season and gradually make the grade if after 10 starts he has performed well. his only started twice this season and we are almost midway into the season.

The guy doesnt even come off the bench either and people like sanoogo has had more play time then Joe Cambell.

They were actually, they were good enough to slot in as first team starters. Thierry was no dud, it just took him a few months to get used to playing down the middle after being shunted out the wing at Juve. And Bobby took maybe a year to become the player we all look back on with fondness and awe, but he was still effective in his debut season nonetheless. And between the two of them they were playing a regular role in the worlds best national team at the time!

You're kind of right on Campbell otherwise though, not gonna see the best of him unless we regularly play him. But can't just put him out there for the sake of it, I'd rather put the best guy on the pitch rather than the guy who potentially could be the best one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Late to the party lads but I'm delighted with the draw. No excuses, we HAVE to win that tie. Monaco, despite spending large sums are no great shakes, have lost their two best players and are there for the taking.

I *tentaively* fancy us for Sunday... I would love some payback after the game last year and If there's one team I cannot stand along with their insufferable obnoxious fans (not all obviously) it's Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

keano_afc wrote: »
    So today my pregnant wife had her second scan and the girl we were told we were having is now a boy. I'm telling you all because I finally can buy a jersey for my child, as our first was a girl and there was no way I was allowed dress her in a Gunner top. As for names, I haven't yet suggested Thierry but its only a matter of time.

Congrats! Do NOT name the kid after a current player - you never know.

I've a daughter partly named after a small Chelsea AMF.

Still at least I didn't waste a jersey getting his name printed on it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So it's official, the Man himself has joined Sky Sports.
    @ThierryHenry has retired from football and joins Sky Sports from the start of 2015. #WelcomeThierry

Should be interesting to hear someone say nice things about Arsenal for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

So no coaching role for us, balls :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So no coaching role for us, balls :(

I'd prefer Dennis in that role to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd prefer Dennis in that role to be honest.

Well yeah but there doesnt seem to be any movement on that front, does there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Well yeah but there doesnt seem to be any movement on that front, does there?

He ain't any use if he won't fly.
    Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

efb wrote: »
    Arsene

Could be on to something there.

"Dad why are you buying me these cheap nappies? There are much better available and I know you have the money"

"Now you know how it feels son"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

"Dad why are you buying me these cheap nappies? There are much better available and I know you have the money"

It's more like packing the bag to go out for a day with only one spare cheap nappy when you know there's a huge chance the kid will go twice.

Bang, five minutes into the car journey and the kids takes a dump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Henry will be well able to start getting his badges while working for Sky, like Neville is doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

The king may not be coming home yet, but Gilberto has been offered a position in the coaching staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Source??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gosplan wrote: »
    Congrats! Do NOT name the kid after a current player - you never know.

I've a daughter partly named after a small Chelsea AMF.

Still at least I didn't waste a jersey getting his name printed on it :)

So how is little Oscar? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

It's probably been said before and I don't know exactly what his role is there, but why can't Vieira do whatever he's doing at City for us.. He's probably being paid a fortune obviously... I've always been a little annoyed by this.. I'd like to see more legends behind the scenes and it's good to see Gilberto ad possible Thierry returning.

Would Henry return return as a forwards coach? Do we have one? Do we even need one? I boy mention forwards coach as look at someone like West Ham who's forwarded have done noticeably better sice they appointed Sheringham as thiers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

It's probably been said before and I don't know exactly what his role is there, but why can't Vieira do whatever he's doing at City for us.. He's probably being paid a fortune

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

It's probably been said before and I don't know exactly what his role is there, but why can't Vieira do whatever he's doing at City for us.. He's probably being paid a fortune obviously... I've always been a little annoyed by this.. I'd like to see more legends behind the scenes and it's good to see Gilberto ad possible Thierry returning.

Would Henry return return as a forwards coach? Do we have one? Do we even need one? I boy mention forwards coach as look at someone like West Ham who's forwarded have done noticeably better sice they appointed Sheringham as thiers

Because Wenger kicked him out of the club. He never wanted to leave arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

very sweeping statement ? do you have something to back that up

Viera is the manager of the Elite Development Squad, I went to school with one of the Goalkeepers in the squad Ian Lawlor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

byrneg28 wrote: »
    very sweeping statement ? do you have something t back that up

Didn't he say something along those lines in the Keane vs Vieira document that he didn't know it was his last game for arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

byrneg28 wrote: »
    very sweeping statement ? do you have something to back that up

Wenger made the decision to sell, I don't think there was bad blood but obviously Vieira would have been quite hurt with his manager selling him for the cash.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/wenger-it-has-to-be-head-over-heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Am i the only one who doesn't really like Henry, personality wise, not the player?
    he's a bullshít merchant regards arsenal - 'this is my club' 'i love arsenal', do you fúck. Can't stand listening to it at all. say anything he would.
    playing on everyones heartstrings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Am i the only one who doesn't really like Henry, personality wise, not the player?
    he's a bullshít merchant regards arsenal - 'this is my club' 'i love arsenal', do you fúck. Can't stand listening to it at all. say anything he would.

Don't agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The f*cker could tell me he'd just burned down my house, and I'd still love him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Love the man and love the player

But let's not forget he did sulk mad his final year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

True

• Advertisement

Turns out these lidl are top quality, I've been selling then to the other babies at crèche for a 109% make up

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Think he'll make a great pundit,complete natural in front the camera, he has great charisma and is a pretty intelligent guy too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

No idea Johnny where you're getting that info regarding Wenger wanting to sell Henry from but pretty sure its incorrect.

http://www.givemesport.com/424058-thierry-henry-reveals-details-behind-arsenal-departure

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Don't agree.
    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The f*cker could tell me he'd just burned down my house, and I'd still love him.

if he 'loved' arsenal he wouldn't have left. not that i believe too many footballers love the club they're at, the odd exception now and again.

after he told you he'd burned down your house, then he'd tell you he loved you.

& signed a new contract and fúcked off the next summer.

it's the way he does it. it's slimy, insincere, he'd say anything, there's that kind of vibe off him.
    i'd have far more respect for him if he dropped the love, my team crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Think they were on about viera

Roddy23 wrote: »
    No idea Johnny where you're getting that info regarding Wenger wanting to sell Henry from but pretty sure its incorrect.

http://www.givemesport.com/424058-thierry-henry-reveals-details-behind-arsenal-departure

same as RVP

then he tells you he 'loves arsenal' :pac:

a lot of supporters aren't happy with arsenal now or in the past but they didn't start supporting another club did they, then claim to 'love arsenal'

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

same as RVP

a lot of supporters aren't happy with arsenal now or in the past but they didn't start supporting another club did they, then claim to 'love arsenal'

Ah now come on, that's just silly. Supporters aren't employees of the club, it doesn't work as an analogy at all. A person can have genuine affection for a place despite leaving it to further their career in any profession, I don't see why a footballer doing the same should be any different. He gave Arsenal his best years by far and Ive never seen anything to suggest he regrets that at all. He even came back and played for the club again sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Vieira used to flirt with Real n other clubs every summer, there used to be will he stay/ will he go almost every summer...so when Wenger had the Opportunity he booted him..

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Personally I think he knew what was coming with Wenger in terms of the stadium, limited budget for players from 2007 onwards so at 29 I can understand that he wanted to win champions league etc so he's every right to move. Cant argue he gave us great service over 6/7 years before that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Can i propose a site ban for batistuta9 for blatant blasphemy??

Seriously like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

same as RVP

He said on sky sports a while back he left because he wasn't happy the way the club and team were going.

Can anyone blame him.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ah now come on, that's just silly. Supporters aren't employees of the club, it doesn't work as an analogy at all. A person can have genuine affection for a place despite leaving it to further their career in any profession, I don't see why a footballer doing the same should be any different. He gave Arsenal his best years by far and Ive never seen anything to suggest he regrets that at all. He even came back and played for the club again sure.

i'm not saying he regrets playing for arsenal, why would he?

of course they can, but genuine affection isn't love.
    i'm telling you it's the way he does it I don't like, milking you & your memories, that's what i don't like about it. he'd tell you anything you wanted to hear. 'love' 'my team/club' fúck off you hypocrite
    watch/listen to him

Can i propose a site ban for batistuta9 for blatant blasphemy??

Seriously like!

backseat modding tut tut tut

yipeeeee wrote: »
    He said on sky sports a while back he left because he wasn't happy the way the club and team were going.

Can anyone blame him.

no you can't.

but you can disagree with him on then claiming he loves the club. loved it when it suited him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

An ego to match his talent. He's like a more intelligent, slightly less talented version of Cristiano Ronaldo.

I always wanted to make one of these videos, It's my first so I've a bit of improving to do but It might get you in the mood for a potential run in the UCL

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

same as RVP

I'm far more angry with RVP then with Henry. At least Henry went aboard and didn't play with a Rival so he's forgiven. Even Fabergas will get a by cause he can say Wenger didn't want him back, he is still respectful towards Arsenal fan's and club. So when he retires he be welcomed back.

RVP has no such excuse but I doubt he gives two damns as his Premiership winner medal and big wage packet will ease the hatred the fans have towards him, same with Cashley Cole. I just think in his last season with Arsenal all this "loving" the club crap was him make sure his bases were covered cause he knew he be leaving anyway. In nearly all his interviews since leaving the club, he doesn't show any love towards his time at Arsenal.

After what Cole did towards us, its sadly a player will always be loyal to himself rather then a club. Seen players like Gerrard been loyal to one club will be a rare sight in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

It was his worse season for us too. Wasn't he injured for most of it and when he did play it did seem he rather been somewhere else. I think he knew he wasn't going to be winning that Champions League medal he craved or to a lesser extent winning leagues or Fa cups (he was proved right). He could have gone out on a brighter spot but in the end he got his move and did get his medals with Barcelona. But lets be honest his best years were with Arsenal.
    He didn't move to a local rival i.e RVP or Cole. So he will always be welcomed back. I still put Bergkamp ahead of him but he's a legend in my eyes.

DB10 will always be my No1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

interesting as he did sulk and leave almost same way as RVP

The real legend is berghamp IMO. the guy would have still played for arsenal till his 50s winning nothing for 10 years.

he was the last real loyal player we have had.

Time will tell if the likes of Jack Wilshere and Ramsey will be loyal..

Walcott wont as he has already threatened to leave us for more £££ and more time to play in the center

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Bergkamp will always be THE Icon for me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement