Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Liverpool play in the league cup tonight! Will be interesting to see what team Rodgers puts out! They're low on confidence and do need a win! Bournemouth top of the Championship and very likely will be a Premier League club next season!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

could be a defining week for Mr Rodgers.

I think they will get a win tonight and lose at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

K4t wrote: »
    An ego to match his talent. He's like a more intelligent, slightly less talented version of Cristiano Ronaldo.

Get out. I'd have Henry in his prime over Ronaldo in his every day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Loyalty is overrated a bit, us fans only want the good players to be loyal. If they lose form we want them replaced ASAP.

Loyalty is good and all but you'd have to think a player would be a bit dim not to take the best deal offered to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

byrneg28 wrote: »

I always wanted to make one of these videos, It's my first so I've a bit of improving to do but It might get you in the mood for a potential run in the UCL

:pac:

Great job. Where do you get all the clips? Also whats the name of the song?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Great job. Where do you get all the clips? Also whats the name of the song?

Youtube downloaded a couple of clips
    Had to screen-record some Arsenal media (Henry's backheel)

Song is Time - Hans Zimmer (Inception soundtrack)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Youtube downloaded a couple of clips
    Had to screen-record some Arsenal media (Henry's backheel)

Song is Time - Hans Zimmer (Inception soundtrack)

What program did you use to make the vid? Wouldn't mind giving it a go meself. I always loved this one but there's a bit too much RVP in it now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I always wanted to make one of these videos, It's my first so I've a bit of improving to do but It might get you in the mood for a potential run in the UCL

:pac:

It doesn't matter what your views on Arsenal are at the minute - clips like that just bring a smile to your face.

Funny that, because Arsene Wenger chose Diaby over Ronaldo! :D

• Advertisement

What program did you use to make the vid? Wouldn't mind giving it a go meself. I always loved this one but there's a bit too much RVP in it now.

Adobe Premiere CC (there are other programs, like Sony Vegas etc. I just think Premiere is the simplest in terms of simplistic video editing) ..

If I was to give tips, I'd say dive straight in and take tutorials as you go, to figure different things out and definitley make best use of keyboard shortcuts! Using your mouse to constantly click edit>cut section is much more hassle than simply pressing ctrl+c

See in that particular video they use like a filter over it and do some slow-mo reals, really detailed editing.

Hopefully I can get to grips with that in the next while, I really enjoy it in between work, social gatherings, college, learning to drive, watching Arsenal.. im sure I can find some time??? haha

Hyzepher wrote: »
    It doesn't matter what your views on Arsenal are at the minute - clips like that just bring a smile to your face.

Really appreciate that Hyzepher :)

I guess it was what I was aiming for.

I don't get the relevance? I'm not Arsene Wenger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

I don't get the relevance? I'm not Arsene Wenger?

Bob, do you not see a smile at the end of the post....

Bob, do you not see a smile at the end of the post....

Sorry :( we just fell short of the Xmas target in work which means no bonus so I'm quite hostile atm haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Sorry :( we just fell short of the Xmas target in work which means no bonus so I'm quite hostile atm haha

Ah rubbish! #bobsManagerOut....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Banter Claus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

You sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Tell me about it, Our bonus will depend on the mood of our MD/how close you're to Management team, irrespective of targets etc. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Fair enough but most neutrals wouldn't. Objectively speaking, Ronaldo is/was/whatever clearly the better player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Really?

Ronaldo (and Messi) are both on another level to Henry. Henry will go down as one of the best players no doubt. But i'd have Ronaldo every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

come on arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Dunno if it's been posted yet, but thought it was quite funny:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3uWCFvE97Xs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Well if it makes you feel better I'm over worked, under paid and we don't get Christmas bonuses :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Liverpool fielding a strong enough team tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Liverpool fielding a strong enough team tonight.

Had a feeling they would! Bournemouth top of the Championship and flying high right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

DenMan wrote: »
    Had a feeling they would! Bournemouth top of the Championship and flying high right now!

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Liverpool gaining a bit of confidence:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

yipeeeee wrote: »

Yep and just in time to play us of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Bournemouth missed a load of chances.
    Liverpool no great shakes at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Arsenal are the most searched sports team on Google in Ireland in 2014:

ycDyGR2.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Bournemouth missed a load of chances.
    Liverpool no great shakes at all.

Agreed, if we play to our best we take them. Sanchez, Giroud, Carzola and Welbeck will cause them a lot of problems. If our defence has one of their better games, I be confident we get the three points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Looper007 wrote: »
      Agreed, if we play to our best we take them. Sanchez, Giroud, Carzola and Welbeck will cause them a lot of problems. If our defence has one of their better games, I be confident we get the three points.

I was confident going into this fixture last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

CatInABox wrote: »

For very different reasons I'd wager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

who is this markovic lad and can we expect to see him against us on the weekend? How are the pool fixed for injuries?

Feeling fairly confident of a win against the reds, very very little attacking threat in the 1st team atm only ones i'd worry about are coutinho and sterling. Still getting stick off all my mates that support liverpool over the 5-1 spanking we got from them last year so im dying for a win in that sense haha as far as the league is concerned it's a very important game for us also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
        who is this markovic lad and can we expect to see him against us on the weekend? How are the pool fixed for injuries?

Feeling fairly confident of a win against the reds, very very little attacking threat in the 1st team atm only ones i'd worry about are coutinho and sterling. Still getting stick off all my mates that support liverpool over the 5-1 spanking we got from them last year so im dying for a win in that sense haha as far as the league is concerned it's a very important game for us also.

Markovic is a young player signed from Benefica in the summer for (£20m). His natural position is right winger but he was playing left wing back tonight(?). No idea if you'll see him this weekend tbh. He came on as a sub the lads two games(sent off against Basel) but looked good in both and tonight. Big risk to play someone so attacking as a left wing back against you lot but I honestly have no idea what Rodgers will do.

Injuries - Unfortunately for you lads Johnson was injured last week so won't play an Lovren was subbed at half time tonight was a hamstring issue, no idea how serious. You's might wan to say a few prayers that he recovers though. Sturridge is out and not sure on Ballotelli <- even if fit he won't start though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Liverpool had Suarez and Sturridge now they have Crazy Mario. People seem to forget we beat them twice at home last season.

We have our own genius in Sanchez. I just feel more confident, if we play to our best we will beat them. Now that's if we play to our best. Plus theo might make it back for Sunday and Ox will be fit too. With Carzola in a rich vein of form. Giroud and Welbeck partnership looking good. I just fancy us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

It's pretty obvious Rodgers is gonna send Liverpool out all guns blazing like stoke and like anfield last year, especially with kos missing.

We have to be expecting this and weather the storm, get stuck into the tackles and not be bullied, not singling ozil out but he looked like a boy in that defeat last year, that's where we need someone to stand up and show we won't be bullied.

Really buzzing for it now.

i remember i was on the flight back home from vietnam and i was in airport waiting and my liverpool friend send me a text a every 5mins saying 1:0 2:0 etc etc. i thought he was whinding me up and then when i reached home and landed and checked the scores i was pissed off to the extreme for not only coming back from a beutiful country and weather and back to the ****hole of cold gloomy london, but to be greeted with news that we got spanked!

It's pretty obvious Rodgers is gonna send Liverpool out all guns blazing like stoke and like anfield last year, especially with kos missing.

We have to be expecting this and weather the storm, get stuck into the tackles and not be bullied, not singling ozil out but he looked like a boy in that defeat last year, that's where we need someone to stand up and show we won't be bullied.

Really buzzing for it now.

i really dont miss ozil.

he is average and doesnt make much of a difference in our squad. he needs to step up big time.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I went to watch the match in the local with my brother and best mate, both of whom are Liverpool fans.
          The last two pool/arsenal games I’d watched with them we had won comfortably, and I was careful not to run it in.
          I thought it could go either way before the game to be honest. After the first went in I was like “Ok, we’ll just settle down”
          Then Giroud missed a chance and they scored again. We just kept pushing forward suicidally. Even a Sunday league team
          that goes 2 down early takes 10 minutes to settle themselves and sort out their shape but we just kept leaving huge gaps for Liverpool to run into. It could have been 8 or 10.
          My Brother and mate had a field day, and from then on till the end of last season they were insufferable.
          I think though more than anything that result was traumatic, worse than the 8-2 vs united and worse than the 6 conceded against Chelsea last year.
          A dark day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

i really dont miss ozil.

he is average and doesnt make much of a difference in our squad. he needs to step up big time.

Santi has really stepped up over the last few games and made his injury less of an issue. It would be hard on him to be dropped in favour of Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

bad2dabone wrote: »
          I went to watch the match in the local with my brother and best mate, both of whom are Liverpool fans.
          The last two pool/arsenal games I’d watched with them we had won comfortably, and I was careful not to run it in.
          I thought it could go either way before the game to be honest. After the first went in I was like “Ok, we’ll just settle down”
          Then Giroud missed a chance and they scored again. We just kept pushing forward suicidally. Even a Sunday league team
          that goes 2 down early takes 10 minutes to settle themselves and sort out their shape but we just kept leaving huge gaps for Liverpool to run into. It could have been 8 or 10.
          My Brother and mate had a field day, and from then on till the end of last season they were insufferable.
          I think though more than anything that result was traumatic, worse than the 8-2 vs united and worse than the 6 conceded against Chelsea last year.
          A dark day!

I still think the 8 - 2 was one of the worst arsenal moments, but out of the 3 spankings we got last season the pool one was most shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
          Santi has really stepped up over the last few games and made his injury less of an issue. It would be hard on him to be dropped in favour of Ozil.

He always does this time of the year..........

i really dont miss ozil.

He's not as good as Fabregas was!

K4t wrote: »
          Fair enough but most neutrals wouldn't. Objectively speaking, Ronaldo is/was/whatever clearly the better player.

And why is that exactly?
          Mr Blobby wrote: »
          Really?

Ronaldo (and Messi) are both on another level to Henry. Henry will go down as one of the best players no doubt. But i'd have Ronaldo every time.

If that's what you think that's what you think. It would be interesting to see how effective Ronaldo and Messi would have been in the late 90's early 00's with the physicality of the game instead of the way it is now. They are also both fairly poor at their respective national teams. Where as Henry won a World cup and the Euros.

It's impossible to say who's better I guess because of different time frames, obviously by the time Henry was at Barca he wasn't quite good enough to be considered with someone like Messi but from 01-05 Henry was easily the best player in the world. And that's different than being the best player in 2014.

• Advertisement

He's not as good as Fabregas was!

yup exactly.

People who think Ozil would have made a difference if he was not injured are kidding themselves.

the proof was there last season and on the exact same fixture when we got destroyed.

where was he?

Last time we played we folded against chelsea this season. did he make a difference? Nope. Fabregas showed him that day how its done.

He could be injured or even sold and it would not impact the team not one bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yup exactly.

People who think Ozil would have made a difference if he was not injured are kidding themselves.

the proof was there last season and on the exact same fixture when we got destroyed.

where was he?

Last time we played we folded against chelsea this season. did he make a difference? Nope. Fabregas showed him that day how its done.

He could be injured or even sold and it would not impact the team not one bit.
          Ozil is poor defensively but creates a lot of chances with clinical balls going forward.
          We have not seen him with a fully fit team consisting of Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud yet but I think he will come good when they're all fit. That is partly the reason why we need a big brute of a DM who will remain in front of the back four to cut out any threat when we lose possession. What we have now are too slow imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

He's not as good as Fabregas was or is!

FYP

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

It's very hard not to bite when Mendoza comes out with those doozies about Ozil.

But I will resist.

Arsène Wenger has revealed the following team news ahead of the Liverpool game:
          on the team news...

There’s a slight chance of Monreal being available and a very slight chance for Walcott. We hope that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be fit. We’ll see that on Saturday.

on Theo Walcott…
          He is back in training today [Thursday]. But only today. I might take him, I don’t know yet until he’s back to full training. Let’s see.

on Oxlade-Chamberlain…
          That’s what we’ll see on Saturday after a test. He’s not in training at the moment.

on Ospina and Rosicky…
          Ospina is back in full training and Rosicky should be back next week.

on Wilshere, Ozil, Koscielny, Ramsey and Arteta…
          All out. They’re all progressing as planned.

• Advertisement
        This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement