Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

I said it several months ago and was right, league is gone. :pac:

We got a great draw for the CL. The best we could've hoped for. We have to beat Liverpool this weekend, then get 7/9 out of QPR, West Ham and Southampton.

Really have to beat Liverpool though, can't let them off the hook and start doing well because then there'll be competition for 4th. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Agreed button, if the team go out wishy washy against Liverpool I'll be fuming. We need to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    FYP

Sounds reasonable.

lol.

if Athletico and Dortmound can challenge the very top, so can we ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

lol.

Stop jumping on the bandwagon Mendoza.

You're always yabbering on about how brilliant Campbell is quoting a champions league game against United and the World Cup, yet, you go on like you watched him when he played in the Costa Rican league.

Atletico are an up-and-down club and challenge at the top last season due to a spectacular manager at the helm - be careful what you wish for, as soon as Simeone leaves they'll go topsy-turby again.. always blessed with wonderful strikers but you know it and everyone knows it 11th-10th-11th-7th-4th-9th-5th.. that's the type of club they are.

If you want one title every 30 years. Cool!

Also could everyone stop quoting Dortmund, while they made two fantastic triumphs for the league title 3 years ago. It was truly fantastic but it's going to be a long time before they win one again. They took advantage of the league situation at the time. Teams like Wolfsburg, Stuttgart were also winning titles around the late 2000s era.

Yes, Klopp did it with barely any cash but when he got cash he spent it like Rodgers and AVB did. Nearly 80-100 million spent last two windows. Still sitting in relegation

And as you say Dortmund are really quite soaring at the moment.

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/10/table

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

With the amount of injuries we have I just can't see a win on Sunday.

We are down to bare bones.

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Stop jumping on the bandwagon Mendoza.

You're always yabbering on about how brilliant Campbell is quoting a champions league game against United and the World Cup, yet, you go on like you watched him when he played in the Costa Rican league.

Atletico are an up-and-down club and challenge at the top last season due to a spectacular manager at the helm - be careful what you wish for, as soon as Simeone leaves they'll go topsy-turby again.. always blessed with wonderful strikers but you know it and everyone knows it 11th-10th-11th-7th-4th-9th-5th.. that's the type of club they are.

If you want one title every 30 years. Cool!

Also could everyone stop quoting Dortmund, while they made two fantastic triumphs for the league title 3 years ago. It was truly fantastic but it's going to be a long time before they win one again. They took advantage of the league situation at the time. Teams like Wolfsburg, Stuttgart were also winning titles around the late 2000s era.

Yes, Klopp did it with barely any cash but when he got cash he spent it like Rodgers and AVB did. Nearly 80-100 million spent last two windows. Still sitting in relegation

And as you say Dortmund are really quite soaring at the moment.

http://www.espnfc.com/german-bundesliga/10/table

Dortmund have won a few titles in the past 10 years and arsenal are a 1/3 of achieving not winning a title in 30 years mate.

Proof is it can be done in limited budget and if they can do it, so can arsenal.

Morinho or pep would win titles with THIS current crop of players. says it all.

Wenger is no world class manager anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

lol.

So, you're citing two fantastic achievements - the only two in probably the past decade - and you think it's fair to demand the same?

Dortmund have won a few titles in the past 10 years and arsenal are a 1/3 of achieving not winning a title in 30 years mate.

Proof is it can be done in limited budget and if they can do it, so can arsenal.

What year did you start supporting Arsenal mendoza? Out of interest?

they've won 2. 2010/11 and 2011/12. they're the second biggest team in germany.
    they've an 80k stadium. they're not a small club. I agree it can be done on a budget, but Dortmund have financial means.

Speculation with two of the most successful managers of all time dude.

I agree he’s not at that very top level anymore, Mourinho, Guardiola, Ancellotti.
    But those guys are out of reach.

Who would you replace him with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bizarre !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Jaysus, no offence but you talk some amount of cack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

No it can't.. And you have zero proof to back it up

Remember you're talking about the Bundesliga and not the BPL. No team will win this league without serious injections of cash. Liverpool came close but most of that was down to Suarez.

You need to stop comparing teams in different leagues.

Can we talk about Sunday's game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,677 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Can we talk about Sunday's game?

Yep. The Pool are gonna get it.

There you go.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Yep. The Pool are gonna get it.

There you go.

Thank you, my work is done here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

New Last Man Standing Started in work. My first pick: Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

That's embarrasing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Happy Birthday Alexis!

byrneg28 wrote: »
    What year did you start supporting Arsenal mendoza? Out of interest?

1980's

You?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jaysus, no offence but you talk some amount of cack.

Mendoza has very different opinions to most on here, he looks at things differently, he obviously does not like the current Arsene Wenger and has bigger expectations and aspirations for the club than most. We all exaggerate on here whether it's for good or bad.

The point he's making about not needing billions to win the league is completely valid, we have come close on numerous occasions, all it would take is 1 or 2 results to go differently, there is a comparison to be made to the bigger leagues especially La Liga. So dismissing that is nonsense.

Telling someone that all of their opinions and views are "cack" is a pretty sh1tty thing to say, putting no offense in front of it doesn't help it in anyway. It's grand to disagree and have different opinions but I hate this whole thing of putting people down because they see things differently to you.

• Advertisement

Mendoza has very different opinions to most on here, he looks at things differently, he obviously does not like the current Arsene Wenger and has bigger expectations and aspirations for the club than most. We all exaggerate on here whether it's for good or bad.

The point he's making about not needing billions to win the league is completely valid, we have come close on numerous occasions, all it would take is 1 or 2 results to go differently, there is a comparison to be made to the bigger leagues especially La Liga. So dismissing that is nonsense.

Telling someone that all of their opinions and views are "cack" is a pretty sh1tty thing to say, putting no offense in front of it doesn't help it in anyway. It's grand to disagree and have different opinions but I hate this whole thing of putting people down because they see things differently to you.
    well said

Anyway, back to club matters. David Ornstein just tweeted that Sanogo will go out on loan in January in a bid to get him game time, most likely to another PL club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

emmetlego wrote: »
    Anyway, back to club matters. David Ornstein just tweeted that Sanogo will go out on loan in January in a bid to get him game time, most likely to another PL club.

With Giroud, welbeck and sanchez all starting I guess that makes Pod 1st backup option for the forwards? Maybe akpom is getting promoted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Walcott in the squad for Sunday. Might make an appearance. SSN.

1 goal in 19 games, the lad needs game-time and a confidence boost according to Ornstein's tweet. Hard to argue with the logic there. AW obviously sees something in this lad that has to be 'eeked' out yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Knew I was forgetting someone. :o

Now that is good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

yipeeeee wrote: »
    With the amount of injuries we have I just can't see a win on Sunday.

We are down to bare bones.

What??

We ain't playing Chelsea but a Poor Liverpool team. Stop been dramatic here. We will thump them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looper007 wrote: »
    What??

We ain't playing Chelsea but a Poor Liverpool team. Stop been dramatic here. We will thump them.

Stop being dramtic here

Like most I have no idea how Sunday will go, we will win lose or draw and I'm 33.33% backing each

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont get the over confidence here. Liverpool arent great but we arent much better. Throw them the home advantage and its anyones game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Soups123 wrote: »
    Stop being dramtic here

Like most I have no idea how Sunday will go, we will win lose or draw and I'm 33.33% backing each
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Dont get the over confidence here. Liverpool arent great but we arent much better. Throw them the home advantage and its anyones game imo.

+1

I know Liverpool are not doing great, but I don't agree with this cockiness of thumping them...it'll be a even contest but we must nick it.

we should hopefully win on saturday

Sunday mate

I was confident last year of a win.

So I don't know how to feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

More unrealistic demands ☺

• Advertisement

just setting yourself up for disappointment with talk like that !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Stoke was only 2 weeks ago. There's no question we can win on Sunday but there's no way it's guaranteed. I haven't seen anything so far this season to suggest we have overcome our problem with big away games in the PL. Fingers crossed Sunday is the turning point.

1e2x4x.jpg

Ah feck it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

emmetlego wrote: »

Freeing up some CL spots for those new Jan recruits ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Would take a point now TBH. This could easily be another spanking as lets be honest its always there lying in wait to jump up when least expected.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

DvB wrote: »
    Would take a point now TBH. This could easily be another spanking as lets be honest its always there lying in wait to jump up when least expected.

I'm not sure which way the game will go but I'm confident that we won't get heavily beat. I can see us winning by 2 goals or more but not losing by that margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

DvB wrote: »

I can't see how it could be a spanking. They've no strikers.

I'm confident, but not overly so. I think it could be a 2-0 or a 2-1 win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I can't see how it could be a spanking. They've no strikers.

I'm confident, but not overly so. I think it could be a 2-0 or a 2-1 win.

They'll probably have Sterling up front against Mert...still confident?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Yes. He's not a striker. If he was that good up front, he'd be played there more.

And sanchez will be up against skyrtel and lovren or sakho with brad Jones in goal. Evens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bad2dabone wrote: »
    And sanchez will be up against skyrtel and lovren or sakho with brad Jones in goal. Evens.
    Yes. He's not a striker. If he was that good up front, he'd be played there more.

Finding it hard to be optimistic based on our past performances. I just don't have any confidence in us being capable of winning these type of games even if Pool are crap at the moment. Anyway, hope the boys can prove me wrong on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I couldn't think of a Prem team that would want Sanogo, he's so raw it's unbelievable he's even at arsenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭ronjo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I couldn't think of a Prem team that would want Sanogo, he's so raw it's unbelievable he's even at arsenal.

Liverpool? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

ronjo wrote: »
    Liverpool? :pac:

Love it haha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »

Get behind your team Raf, or go support Chelsea:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement