Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fair result if not a little harsh on Liverpool, we proved yet again we have no bottle against the bigger teams, we just didn't perform today but finished the two chances we did create.

I think the bench killed us, not only how it was used but what was on it, thought the last 15 was made for Theo.

Don't know why people had the stupid amount of confidence that was on show in here this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Poor performance and why did he not put on Pod or Walcott. It's a point but we should have never let that 2nd in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Can't believe we actually came close to winning that. Absolute muck performance. Wenger really struggles with substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Looper007 wrote: »
    Poor performance and why did he not put on Pod or Walcott. It's a point but we should have never let that 2nd in.

Because we were winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Its so easy to score from set pieces against us. Why the hell doesn't mertesacker just pick up skrtel.

Any positives to take from that display?

Yes it showed once again Arsene can't get his teams right for the big games. Whatever about result yet again we didn't show up, got two chances and took them is a positive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Its so easy to score from set pieces against us. Why the hell doesn't mertesacker just pick up skrtel.

Mert is glued to the ground. Never gets off it.
    Another balls up by Wenger today.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Fair result if not a little harsh on Liverpool, we proved yet again we have no bottle against the bigger teams, we just didn't perform today but finished the two chances we did create.

I think the bench killed us, not only how it was used but what was on it, thought the last 15 was made for Theo.

Don't know why people had the stupid amount of confidence that was on show in here this week

Christ I sometimes question if you are an Arsenal fan Soups. I was confident cause that Liverpool team were muck. We didn't play at all and if we did we would and should have ripped them apart. Ox looked unfit, Alexis had an off as did our whole attacking line. It was an awful performance agaisn't a poor Liverpool team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Because we were winning.

We lost our lead because we were constant defending with no one to take the ball out of our defense. Walcott would've been good on the ball and enough to make some breathing time. A lot more effective than Campbell anyways,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Not a bad result considering the performance but feels like a loss if I'm honest.

I feel exactly the same. Poor stuff but it would have been robbery if we had won. I don't mind the defensive approach but we got all the simple things wrong. Couldn't hold onto the ball and caught in possession too many times. Also, what the **** is with professional players not being able to kick a corner and clear the first man. Time after time it happened

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Any positives to take from that display?

Yes. We didn't get thumped away from home.

Clear to see that Wenger set out for a draw and with pools weird and new 3-4-3 formation we had no answers in the first half.

We would have won that if ox and Sanchez were on form but they weren't. Cant blame the manager for that.

Good point in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

o well i knew we would not win

Because we were winning.

But with only one goal and a team that were non stop attacking. We should have went for a third to kill it off but that's not Wenger's way sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ok result

Bad performance too many players below bar

This is pers last season for me he was brutal

Cazorla was very good, ox and flamini were abysmal

Secz very good, our front 3 were brutal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Will be a good point at the end of the season but it feels terrible now. Liverpool deserved all three, and we were yet again useless against a big team.
    Genuinely beginning to resent Per at this stage, finished beyond a doubt. The way he cowers at corners, pathetic.

wonga77 wrote: »
    I feel exactly the same. Poor stuff but it would have been robbery if we had won. I don't mind the defensive approach but we got all the simple things wrong. Couldn't hold onto the ball and caught in possession too many times. Also, what the **** is with professional players not being able to kick a corner and clear the first man. Time after time it happened

Well look at Utd at the moment most of their wins have been robbery, no shame in winning games if you play bad.

In the words of Brucie, Good game, good game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Disappointing... We were unable to hold on to a lead, and Wenger was settling for a 1-2 score, and instead of attack to secure the points, we conceded. No body will be scared of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just home and unfortunately missed the game.

Anyone have a recap?

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Will be a good point at the end of the season but it feels terrible now. Liverpool deserved all three, and we were yet again useless against a big team.
    Genuinely beginning to resent Per at this stage, finished beyond a doubt. The way he cowers at corners, pathetic.

But That Liverpool team aren't the same team from last season though Raf, They aren't a big side, they were there for the taking and we didn't take it.

Christ I sometimes question if you are an Arsenal fan Soups. I was confident cause that Liverpool team were muck. We didn't play at all and if we did we would and should have ripped them apart. Ox looked unfit, Alexis had an off as did our whole attacking line. It was an awful performance agaisn't a poor Liverpool team.

Would you cop on my post was completely fair, you need to cop on sometimes Looper there is nothing in my post that suggests I'm not a fan.

That's twice you've said that **** now

But with only one goal and a team that were non stop attacking. We should have went for a third to kill it off but that's not Wenger's way sadly.

And caught on the counter???

efb wrote: »
    In the words of Brucie, Good game, good game

It was anything but.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just home and unfortunately missed the game.

Anyone have a recap?

We were very bad lucky to get a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Quazzie wrote: »
    We lost our lead because we were constant defending with no one to take the ball out of our defense. Walcott would've been good on the ball and enough to make some breathing time. A lot more effective than Campbell anyways,

They were chasing the goal, we would have been defending whether Walcott or Campbell was on the pitch. That's just the way football is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Wow!! We're we not recently criticising him for always going for needless extra goals and messing up.

He simply cannot win.

Any point dropped is explained as a clear example of his failings.

Fcuk it- I'll take the point

But That Liverpool team aren't the same team from last season though Raf, They aren't a big side, they were there for the taking and we didn't take it.

There still traditionally one of the bigger teams and tbh if they arent a big side we arent either, we have been terrible all year and only slightly better than them. No way should we be beating them in their place imo, we arent good enough, i think people have to realize how far back we have gone from last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Disappointing... We were unable to hold on to a lead, and Wenger was settling for a 1-2 score, and instead of attack to secure the points, we conceded. No body will be scared of us.

damm if you do . Arsenal and wenegr been critisised by u lot for going gong ho on a 1 goal lead with 5mins go demanding arsenal should park the bus.

we now park the bus and u moan again that we should have gone for the 3rd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We didn't play at all and if we did we would and should have ripped them apart.

How many times has that been said before we go away from home to poor teams? We're mentally and physically not able for these big games. You just knew we wouldn't we able to hold on to the lead. And it was fitting that the equaliser was from a set piece, something we've been unable to defend for years now. Don't expect much from this team anymore, were lucky to get a draw.

It was anything but.

I was being sarcastic

I wouldn't blame wenger for making tej catuous Subs no way we needed to hold on

Where I felt he was poor is that giroud should have stayed on, just for his defending of set pieces but besides that I was fairly happy with the subs

gosplan wrote: »
    Wow!! We're we not recently criticising him for always going for needless extra goals and messing up.

He simply cannot win.

Any point dropped is explained as a clear example of his failings.

I agree he was very limited with the bench but we've all said it when up with 10 to go we should try keep it. The approach off the bench was ok

Mert is do poor Kos and Chambo in CDF

• Advertisement

Look at Per
    B5Ze6c6CEAAtCRJ.jpg

damm if you do . Arsenal and wenegr been critisised by u lot for going gong ho on a 1 goal lead with 5mins go demanding arsenal should park the bus.

we now park the bus and u moan again that we should have gone for the 3rd!

You only park the bus if you have an out ball. We hadn't. Welbeck was useless today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Jaysus per.

That was f*cking dreadful. Who brings on a defender for an attacker against 10 men.

Hate to say it, but I've moved camp.

Time for Arsene to leave. Those substitutions caused that loss.

Campbell instead of Pod or Walcott?

I mean, what the actual f*ck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Look at Per
    B5Ze6c6CEAAtCRJ.jpg

That's embarrassing.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't blame wenger for making tej catuous Subs no way we needed to hold on

Where I felt he was poor is that giroud should have stayed on, just for his defending of set pieces but besides that I was fairly happy with the subs

Welbeck should have been off instead of Giroud. Was obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Brave by Per

Edit. Beaten to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Look at Per
    B5Ze6c6CEAAtCRJ.jpg

Oh dear god. Lost for words.

Off all the people to blame wenger isn't one

BFG is

That's embarrassing.

Not his first time either.

How many times has that been said before we go away from home to poor teams? We're mentally and physically not able for these big games. You just knew we wouldn't we able to hold on to the lead. And it was fitting that the equaliser was from a set piece, something we've been unable to defend for years now. Don't expect much from this team anymore, were lucky to get a draw.

It hurts more today cause if we actually played we could have won that game easily. That's what's shocking to me, we get these guys at home and end up whipping them by 4-0 or something. 2 points dropped agaisn't a piss poor Liverpool team.

That was f*cking dreadful. Who brings on a defender for an attacker against 10 men.

Hate to say it, but I've moved camp.

Time for Arsene to leave. Those substitutions caused that loss.

Campbell instead of Pod or Walcott?

I mean, what the actual f*ck?

Welcome to the club, we all have fallen at some stage.

Look at Per
    B5Ze6c6CEAAtCRJ.jpg

I bet Steve Bould is looking at that in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

The pic doesn't make per look good but for me it was Chambers who was at fault. He had eyes on Skrtel and just didn't do anything to stop him. Also, he gets done on that right hand side time and time again. Looks a good player but not ready yet for this level.

We wanted him as captain, when all he is is a nothing player without Kos holding his hand. He is by far our biggest problem at the moment.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement