Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

efb wrote: »
    Off all the people to blame wenger isn't one

BFGjis

We should have closed the game out, those 9 minutes Liverpool always looked like scoring, managers fault in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Looper007 wrote: »
    It hurts more today cause if we actually played we could have won that game easily. That's what's shocking to me, we get these guys at home and end up whipping them by 4-0 or something. 2 points dropped agaisn't a piss poor Liverpool team.

Liverpool fans are saying the same thing about us!

2 average teams. Albeit 1 still in the CL ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

That was f*cking dreadful. Who brings on a defender for an attacker against 10 men.

Hate to say it, but I've moved camp.

Time for Arsene to leave. Those substitutions caused that loss.

Campbell instead of Pod or Walcott?

I mean, what the actual f*ck?

Get over to London and get yourself outside Emirates and start complaining. Ain't going to change a thing sitting behind a laptop. He's not going anywhere, all this talk of the fans will change it. Sorry to say a lot of them are more then happy with Wenger. We just have to get behind the team and hope we can go on a run and get 4th once again.

omega man wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are saying the same thing about us!

2 average teams. Albeit 1 still in the CL ;-)

Not too shabby then are we :pac:. We should be complaining more seen as the talent we have like Sanchez, Ozil, Ramsey, Carzola etc.... Liverpool haven't got close to any of that talent and their best player is winding down his career. Our one is really a deep rooted problem.

Raf32 wrote: »
    We wanted him as captain, when all he is is a nothing player without Kos holding his hand. He is by far our biggest problem at the moment.

I think Wenger needs to go out in January and find himself another Kos really to replace Mert. Break the bank if he has too. It's becoming a massive setback now.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Such a strange game but a completely fair result. Two team struggling with all sorts of problems and I think we both showed our weaknesses throughout that match.

Santi probably the man of the match for me, best of a bad bunch when it seemed noone could get their feet straight with Liverpools quick pressing, Cazorlas ball control is incredible at times.

Sanchez, Ox, Welbeck all off the pace today, no ideas and no control in possession. It makes a huge difference though when both Welbeck and Giroud add so much to our defensive game when they pitch in.

Mertesacker had a very bad game, possibly because Debuchy played a slightly deeper role than Koscienly usually would, so we had a lot more of liverpool running straight at Mertesacker which is not the best situations for him to deal with. Gibbs looked decent as has become commonplace, Chambers looked a bit dodgy out the right against an on form Markovic.

Scsz Had a great game i thought, having to deal with lots of blind shots from scrappy defending with lots of bodys in the way. I truly rate him as one of the top keepers in the league and he's still got a lot of years ahead of him.

But the main question on everyones lips is going to be: 3/4 through the match when you are 2-1 up and have been struggling all game, where the **** are the substitutions? There were about 5 players who could have come off due to having a bad game. Coquelin comes on for Giroud, who is easily our best defensive Attacker in terms of defending set pieces and counters whilst we are dropping deep. And then Campbell coming on for the last few minutes of the game, granted it was longer than expected, but where is the sense in making that change? The player has literally no time to get to grips with the game or situation to even make an impact.

AND! If youre are going to try to bring on an Attacker who may make a slight impact in dying minutes of the game, against a team who are probably a rival for whichever position we decide is good enough for us this year, why would you not bring on the player who literally scores in this situation EVERY TIME HE IS BROUGHT ON! Podolski is not the best forward in the world, I would rather we had a different backup who had more to his game, but he has a special talent for smashing in goals against tired opposition - and instead we use this as a time to give inexperienced players minutes.

These decisions are making less and less sense every time, and we got very very lucky today that Liverpools touch and shooting was all off, as their build up play was quick and to the point.

Hoping there were for some reason some fitness issues with the lads today as the performance was nowhere near good enough. But a point as opposed to none against one of the better teams in the league - with our form the way it is we cant complain too much about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So add Ox and Bellerin to injury list?

That's six potential CMF players - Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshire, Ox, Diaby, Rosicky all injured.

gosplan wrote: »
    So add Ox and Bellerin to injury list?

That's six potential CMF players - Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshire, Ox, Diaby, Rosicky all injured.

QPR at Home shouldn't be a massive problem. But West Ham away who are flying in the league is going to be tough.

Ox for me didn't look fit at all during the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Played a little bit with the handbrake, how predictable by Wenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Wenger pulling out the classics, the old handbrake one. Fcuk off.

B5Zh_koCYAAXu9q.jpg

"Oh hey, this guy might be dangerous but let's let him have a free header anyway." :rolleyes:

Given his options going into the game, Wenger did little wrong today IMO.

omega man wrote: »
    Wenger pulling out the classics, the old handbrake one. Fcuk off.

Well you weren't expecting him to come out and tell the truth now were you :pac:. Wenger interviews are completely useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

B5Zh_koCYAAXu9q.jpg

"Oh hey, this guy might be dangerous but let's let him have a free header anyway." :rolleyes:

We play zonal marking a still photo will make every corner look **** when you concede

• Advertisement

He's the reason he has the options he has now. Fed up of people defending his incompetence and making excuses for him.

Well you weren't expecting him to come out and tell the truth now were you :pac:. Wenger interviews are completely useless.

Get behind the club are you even a fan

gosplan, he did for me in his subs really. Could have still gone for a third when Liverpool went 10 men down. Instead pulled everyone back and got punished for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is Rodgers having a laugh?

Sanchez dived.

He is clueless.

yipeeeee wrote: »

Sanchez dived.

He is clueless.

He is a man desperate for help, he is out of his dept and will pull every excuse he can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

He's the reason he has the options he has now. Fed up of people defending his incompetence and making excuses for him.

And I'm fed up with every post game debate turning into a wenger debate

Soups123 wrote: »
    Get behind the club are you even a fan

What did I say wrong? isn't it the truth.
    I will complain when its needed you complain bloody every time you post.
    If we were winning 12-0 every game you find something to complain about :pac:
    Is that you Jose :P

yipeeeee wrote: »

Sanchez dived.

He is clueless.

Our performance was better than last years 5-1 he is completely delusional and is running out of excuses

What did I say wrong? isn't it the truth.
    I will complain when its needed you complain bloody every time you post.
    If we were winning 12-0 every game you find something to complain about :pac:
    Is that you Jose :P

What was the compain in my post?

He is a man desperate for help, he is out of his dept and will pull every excuse he can

Wait are you bashing another team manager :pac:. I must be dreaming.
    Every manager will complain and pick at the other team, No real surprise there. He was fouled. If it was the other way around, Rodgers would be sayig he didn't see it.

And I'm fed up with every post game debate turning into a wenger debate

He's our manager, he's responsible for our performances. How can a post game debate not be about him?!

What was the compain in my post?

come on its Christmas lets not fight :p

gosplan, he did for me in his subs really. Could have still gone for a third when Liverpool went 10 men down. Instead pulled everyone back and got punished for it.

Yes but at that point you've an attack that isn't good at retaining possession, a weak CMF pairing one of whom a foul away from being sent off, and a slow defence.

Getting turned over up the pitch is a bad bad prospect there and with a few mins to go taking the ball to the corners and trying to defend deep makes a lot of sense.

But of course, it's all Wengers fault.

If Sanchez or Welbeck had turned over possession going for a third in injury time and it led to a Flamini red or a defensive mistake and a goal being conceded, people would be ten times as mad.

I don't think it's hard to see that.

come on its Christmas lets not fight :p

Because he didn't do a lot wrong today so I don't see the point of IT

Wait are you bashing another team manager :pac:. I must be dreaming.
    Every manager will complain and pick at the other team, No real surprise there. He was fouled. If it was the other way around, Rodgers would be sayig he didn't see it.

Yep

And I backed Wenger today I am honest I don't have one opinion and stick to it no matter what

• Advertisement

He's our manager, he's responsible for our performances. How can a post game debate not be about him?!

But we can complain 24/7, but we have him for another 2 seasons. He's not going anywhere. He will get 4th place and keep the board happy. While we the Anti Wenger lot, blood pressure go up.

But we can complain 24/7, but we have him for another 2 seasons. He's not going anywhere. He will get 4th place and keep the board happy. While we the Anti Wenger lot, blood pressure go up.

There's very little anti Wenger today

Yep

And I backed Wenger today I am honest I don't have one opinion and stick to it no matter what

I am Honest too but the constant rubbing into people's faces who thought we might win at Anfield, taking it out on the team not the fans. That's what I don't like with some Arsenal fans on here.

There all pointing at him but no one will pick him up ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Failure to hang on against 10 (distinctly average) men can basically be summed up by "lack of balls".

Whatever about being fed up of the Wenger debate, I for one are far more fed up with the annual "Will they/won't they scrape 4th place" saga.

Our lack of resources relative to Chelsea and City is often used as an argument in favour of us settling for the mediocrity of the last decade, and to be fair there is merit in that. But we didn't throw away two points today on account of not having the same resources as City and Chelsea. The financial disparity is only one part of the problem, but our problems extend beyond that.

I am Honest too but the constant rubbing into people's faces who thought we might win at Anfield, taking it out on the team not the fans. That's what I don't like with some Arsenal fans on here.

That's not at all what I did I said the amount of over the top confidence was silly and it was.

Fcukin he'll I'd have loved a 5-1 win but there have been no signs in our form that it was coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

But when we say before we wont win because we arent that good and dont have the mentality, you question are we real supporters or do we support chelsea?

Yes but at that point you've an attack that isn't good at retaining possession, a weak CMF pairing one of whom a foul away from being sent off, and a slow defence.

Getting turned over up the pitch is a bad bad prospect there and with a few mins to go taking the ball to the corners and trying to defend deep makes a lot of sense.

But of course, it's all Wengers fault.

If Sanchez or Welbeck had turned over possession going for a third in injury time and it led to a Flamini red or a defensive mistake and a goal being conceded, people would be ten times as mad.

I don't think it's hard to see that.

the whole team apart from the Keeper and maybe Carzola can have their head held high. It was Sanchez worse game for Arsenal. Wenger was at Fault for trying to defend a lead knowing how bad our defence is, it wasn't the smartest idea. He should have got another goal to kill it off. I respect you're opinion on what you think, I thought he messed it up near the end.

I thought we might win at Anfield.

I think the possession stat shows where the problem was. All our passers injured right now.

Insane place to find ourselves.

On the plus side - Giroud looks good with a wide man. Last few weeks now, Santi's been teeing him up well.

• Advertisement

That's not at all what I did I said the amount of over the top confidence was silly and it was.

Fcukin he'll I'd have loved a 5-1 win but there have been no signs in our form that it was coming

Why was it? They were for the taking and we didn't do it. They are a poor team and with the players we had in attack we should haver won that game. It was a even worse display then at Stoke, at least in the second half of that game we tried. We didn't even try In the whole 90 minutes today.

getting a draw without

Kos
    Ramsey
    Arteta
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Ozil

Is not a bad result

(Runs for cover)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We had 35% possession, our worst possession since the EPL stats began (SSN).
    I didn't see the stats for the amount of successful passes but i'd say that was near our worst too.
    There was not much difference imo in this performance and last seasons at Anfield except for the fact that we got a point thankfully.

Had Suarez and Sturridge been playing it might have been a similar result to last season.

There is something really wrong in the mentality of this team in big away games.
    Not impressed with Welbeck being left on and Giroud taken off. Both were rubbish today but Giroud offers more when defending corners. Wenger should have known that.

Why was it? They were for the taking and we didn't do it. They are a poor team and with the players we had in attack we should haver won that game. It was a even worse display then at Stoke, at least in the second half of that game we tried. We didn't even try In the whole 90 minutes today.

You answered it yourself we were worse at Stoke! And many other games we are not anywhere near the form were fans should expect us to go and trounce Liverpool at Anfield. Even out our best and Liverpool not in form we never went there and trounced them the way people expected.

Unlike some I accept a point at Anfield as an acceptable result

We had 35% possession, our worst possession since the EPL stats began (SSN).
    I didn't see the stats for the amount of successful passes but i'd say that was near our worst too.
    There was not much difference imo in this performance and last seasons at Anfield except for the fact that we got a point thankfully.

Had Suarez and Sturridge been playing it might have been a similar result to last season.

There is something really wrong in the mentality of this team in big away games.
    Not impressed with Welbeck being left on and Giroud taken off. Both were rubbish today but Giroud offers more when defending corners. Wenger should have known that.

Think Gosplan hit the nail on the head, all our players who retain possession are Injured at the moment

No that's no excuse for that performancs but Ya can see why we're not keeping the ball as well

getting a draw without

Kos
    Ramsey
    Arteta
    Wilshere
    Walcott
    Ozil

Is not a bad result

(Runs for cover)

A draw at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or The Etihad is alway a good result.

Regardless of form these teams get up for games at home

• Advertisement

I thought we might win at Anfield.

I think the possession stat shows where the problem was. All our passers injured right now.

Insane place to find ourselves.

On the plus side - Giroud looks good with a wide man. Last few weeks now, Santi's been teeing him up well.

I thought we could get the win, we didn't and we let ourselves down.

Giroud played better in the 2nd half. Santi was our best player today, He's played very well over the last few games.

The good news?

Arteta and Rosicky due back Boxing Day.

Kos and Ramsey due back 28th.

Ozil due back New Years Day.

Wouldn't it be really nice if they all just came back and this injury revolving door stopped for a while.

Don't think it'll be long before Kos and Arteta are out again though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

With the team we put out i'm content with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I see its been said that we are likely to sign Tyrone Mings next month. He could well turn out to be a great player, but i dont want him, we already have one project in Chambers, who we dont seem to trust at CB anyways. Top experienced CB and a DM in January please Arsene, try to repair the damage you have done last summer even if it is too late.

A draw at Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge or The Etihad is alway a good result.

Regardless of form these teams get up for games at home

We let them play by been downright awful. Come on, if we played to half our abilities we would have won. It was a poor result for us considering who we faced.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement