Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Raf32 wrote: »
    I see its been said that we are likely to sign Tyrone Mings next month. He could well turn out to be a great player, but i dont want him, we already have one project in Chambers, who we dont seem to trust at CB anyways. Top experienced CB and a DM in January please Arsene, try to repair the damage you have done last summer even if it is too late.

I know i'm like a parrot now but we really do need a proper DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

gosplan wrote: »
    The good news?

Arteta and Rosicky due back Boxing Day.

Kos and Ramsey due back 28th.

Ozil due back New Years Day.

Wouldn't it be really nice if they all just came back and this injury revolving door stopped for a while.

Don't think it'll be long before Kos and Arteta are out again though.

Well Arteta and Rosicky should do a job at home against QPR.

Kos and Ramsey back at West Ham will be amazing.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    With the team we put out i'm content with a draw.

Maybe but i'm not happy with the way we conceded their second. Awful defending altogether.

Polly want a cracker.

Not going to get one until the summer. We might get a cheap CB, who might or might not turn into a bargain buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Them through balls today in the first half, no proper DM would be letting that happen. The sad thing is I really expect us to have Arteta/Flamini for at least the rest of this season. If the man is so incapable of finding an upgrade on them and Per, he should really do the decent thing and resign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I see its been said that we are likely to sign Tyrone Mings next month. He could well turn out to be a great player, but i dont want him, we already have one project in Chambers, who we dont seem to trust at CB anyways. Top experienced CB and a DM in January please Arsene, try to repair the damage you have done last summer even if it is too late.

We'll get the CB but not the DMF.

No way would Wenger try to integrate a new DMF at this point in the season. We won't get the required quality in jan anyway.

But Winston Reid is the most no-brainer of a transfer since the beginning of time.

Maybe but i'm not happy with the way we conceded their second. Awful defending altogether.

I'm not happy with the way we played, bloody awful from start to finish. No matter of the goal in the end. It's going to be hard old Christmas been an Arsenal fan, these away games are a struggle.

No way would Wenger try to integrate a new DMF at this point in the season. We won't get the required quality in jan anyway.

But Winston Reid is the most no-brainer of a transfer since the beginning of time.

ya think an upgrade on Per though? I cant see it. Thats the difference between himself and a top manager like Mourinho it has to be said. He took Matic and has a top 3 DM in the world now. Wenger would be afraid of stopping Coq progress :pac:

The way West Ham are going, they won't be selling any of their players to be fair.

ya think an upgrade on Per though? I cant see it. Thats the difference between himself and a top manager like Mourinho it has to be said. He took Matic and has a top 3 DM in the world now. Wenger would be afraid of stopping Coq progress :pac:

Well they do have Roman's constant cash machine really and Jose won't be afraid to pay over the price. Wenger has never been a manager that will go out and spend over 180 million. We need to stop dreaming that he will go out and buy the players needed in January. If he does they won't be of the quality you are wanting. That's the Arsene way.

• Advertisement

Getting someone who can play alongside Per/Chambers is most important.

Per may be muck right now but not playing Debuchy as CB is first priority.

Reid would weaken West Ham, is not cup tied, would take the move, and is the right kind of ball attacking player that we need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Looper007 wrote: »
    We let them play by been downright awful. Come on, if we played to half our abilities we would have won. It was a poor result for us considering who we faced.

If buts and maybes, in prior seasons when we were in form we might have a right to expect but based on what we saw this season not at all!

Getting someone who can play alongside Per/Chambers is most important.

Per may be muck right now but not playing Debuchy as CB is first priority.

Reid would weaken West Ham, is not cup tied, would take the move, and is the right kind of ball attacking player that we need.

They might sell in the summer but no way in January gosplan. He be a good buy but not a world class replacement we seriously need.

Well they do have Roman's constant cash machine really and Jose won't be afraid to pay over the price. Wenger has never been a manager that will go out and spend over 180 million. We need to stop dreaming that he will go out and buy the players needed in January. If he does they won't be of the quality you are wanting. That's the Arsene way.

Chelsea got Matic for 21 million which is definitely in our price range, Wenger doesnt have the money excuses anymore. Thats why I think talk of titles bids and such is futile here, we will never win a league under Wenger again. Might fluke another cup though.

Soups123 wrote: »
    If buts and maybes, in prior seasons when we were in form we might have a right to expect but based on what we saw this season not at all!

Lets agree we were complete rubbish today. I think we both won't agree on how we see our team.

Chelsea got Matic for 21 million which is definitely in our price range, Wenger doesnt have the money excuses anymore. Thats why I think talk of titles bids and such is futile here, we will never win a league under Wenger again. Might fluke another cup though.

Well a cup win is a cup Raf, don't put your nose down on it. Well get used to Wenger he won't be going anywhere.

Well a cup win is a cup Raf, don't put your nose down on it. Well get used to Wenger he won't be going anywhere.

Oh I definitely wouldnt but its all about the league for me, the best over 38 games is a great feeling. Nope, I genuinely think he will do more than his 3 year contract. Wheres the enjoyment gone from being an Arsenal fan lately? So bad to even watch.

They might sell in the summer but no way in January gosplan. He be a good buy but not a world class replacement we seriously need.

They're West Ham, we are Arsenal. We have a lot of money.

Offer the player a big raise and CL football and see what happens.

Replacing Per is not priority. Trust me, you'll get 5/6 more games from Kos this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Another rotten show against a big team. They'd be some team if they had a pair of balls between them.

• Advertisement

Oh I definitely wouldnt but its all about the league for me, the best over 38 games is a great feeling. Nope, I genuinely think he will do more than his 3 year contract. Wheres the enjoyment gone from being an Arsenal fan lately? So bad to even watch.

It's the fact we are so hit and miss that kills me. The injuries too is doing us in again. The League was over by October really, for me it's making sure we are in the race for our real title "4th", it's looking okay at this moment. To keep players like Sanchez and Ozil and young players like Ramsey, we need Champions League football. I was thinking with no game midweek and a good win over Newcastle. I thought we at least could have a go. I was wrong.

Wenger will go when Wenger is willing to give no more. I can't be bothered to moan and groan about getting Wenger out cause I know it won't happen until he wants to leave. He's got far too much power really,

Kos - Arteta - Ramsey - Ozil

That's yer fcuking defensive solidity and possession game right there.

All due back in the next 10 days!

Come on you gunners!!!

Get those players back, and a be CB and we can nail on fourth, scrap for 3rd with Utd and see what happens in the cups.

Wenger is culpable for a lot but Jesus, you have to admit the guy has had no luck this year.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Another rotten show against a big team. They'd be some team if they had a pair of balls between them.

We serious need some Petit, Viera or Gilberto types. who will bully and harass at Away games. Wenger seems very anti those types in the last few years.

We serious need some Petit, Viera or Gilberto types. who will bully and harass at Away games. Wenger seems very anti those types in the last few years.

Yeah, he went all tiki taka.

I think the Ox in CMF, Sanchez ad Welbeck is a sign he's giving more consideration to physicality tbh.

Wenger is culpable for a lot but Jesus, you have to admit the guy has had no luck this year.

Well he didn't sign a Centre back and Defensive midfielder in the summer when we seriously needed them, he can be blamed for that.

Todays game I blame him for his subs and his tatics in away games and agaisn't the big teams. He hasn't changed those.

He has a lot to answer for Gosplan. A lot of the trouble is at his feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

damm if you do . Arsenal and wenegr been critisised by u lot for going gong ho on a 1 goal lead with 5mins go demanding arsenal should park the bus.

we now park the bus and u moan again that we should have gone for the 3rd!

Yeah, because we can't defend for s**t. It's a fact this season. Proved again by the result. So we might have got the win with attack....... It's a virtual certainty that we will concede each match.

• Advertisement

Yeah, he went all tiki taka.

I think the Ox in CMF, Sanchez ad Welbeck is a sign he's giving more consideration to physicality tbh.

We need our Matic even a Carrick :pac:. We don't have a player like that and we seriously need one.

We need a new first team centre back who will take up the slack if Kos gets injured.

We also need a leader in this team.

Why not.
    Hasn't he often bought on the last day of the window.
    A good DM would settle in no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Come on you gunners!!!

Get those players back, and a be CB and we can nail on fourth, scrap for 3rd with Utd and see what happens in the cups.

But we get bad injuries every year. It's the lack of cover that costs us in the long run.

Anyone know what was the reasoning for playing chambers at RB and debuchy at CB?? That baffled me.

omega man wrote: »
    But we get bad injuries every year. It's the lack of cover that costs us in the long run.

Anyone know what was the reasoning for playing chambers at RB and debuchy at CB?? That baffled me.

Debuchy was very good and commanding at CB last week.
    Chambers is a bit timid and not assertive.

Chambers was very poor even at RB today.

Mr.Micro wrote: »
    Yeah, because we can't defend for s**t. It's a fact this season. Proved again by the result. So we might have got the win with attack...

I seriously wonder if Bould has any say in the defence. I think Wenger has total control over everything really. I always think Defending has been his weakest point. He had one of the greatest defences handed to him. After some of his buys have been iffy. Campbell and Kos have been excellent, Verm was great for a while until injuries came and blotted his career. Cashley Cole pissed off on him. But he's bought some dodgy players in the defence, Cygan, Eboue and far too many others too mention.

• Advertisement

Why not.
    Hasn't he often bought on the last day of the window.
    A good DM would settle in no problem.

We can always ask Santa, lol. We can dream before Mr. Wenger puts paid to any of that nonsense and firmly closes that cheque book.

We can always ask Santa, lol. We can dream before Mr. Wenger puts paid to any of that nonsense and firmly closes that cheque book.

Isn't that the problem?
    Mourinho wouldn't allow that situation to continue though.

I'm expecting the lines at the start of January

"I'm looking into things"

the end of the Window

"The Value isn't there, We have the players to deal with the problems"

Arsenal fans around the word erupt into fits of anger.

Isn't that the problem?

Remember they can pay those massive wages and willing to pay over the price.

Wenger won't go over a euro if he feels the player isn't worth it plus will he break the pay structure.

I seriously wonder if Bould has any say in the defence. I think Wenger has total control over everything really. I always think Defending has been his weakest point. He had one of the greatest defences handed to him. After some of his buys have been iffy. Campbell and Kos have been excellent, Verm was great for a while until injuries came and blotted his career. Cashley Cole pissed off on him. But he's bought some dodgy players in the defence, Cygan, Eboue and far too many others too mention.

Agreed. We now have the reputation of being weak at the back... And teams are exploiting that vulnerability and uncertainty. If Kos is out, there is no one else to match his ability and we suffer. I just hope that at the very least, we get a defensive midfielder in January, to help protect the back four.

In defence, yes.

The midfield is just rediculous though.

How did we, who had a squad filled with central players, have to recall Coq?

I think regarding the defence is that Mert and Chambers are a bad pairing. We need to rest Chambers now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Come on you gunners!!!

You make your own luck Gosplan. His inactivity in the summer has come back and bitten him in the arse. Personally I have no sympathy for him at all, he went into this season gambling on only having 2 senior centre halves. Gross mismanagement.

Debuchy was very good and commanding at CB last week.
    Chambers is a bit timid and not assertive.

Chambers was very poor even at RB today.

To much messing around at the back with converting players into new positions, namely Monreal at CB and now debuchy. Chambers in fairness shouldn't be playing so much at such a young age but it'll stand to him.

Agreed. We now have the reputation of being weak at the back... And teams are exploiting that vulnerability and uncertainty. If Kos is out, there is no one else to match his ability and we suffer. I just hope that at the very least, we get a defensive midfielder in January, to help protect the back four.

Not a hope in hell unless by aome freak, someone like Bender becomes available.

Seriously, don't get annoyed in Jan. It is not happening, be annoyed now.

Isn't that the problem?

I just hope for once that he will go against the norm, and fix the problem. If he does not, I fear we will fall well short this season. The first three places look already to be taken, ( early days I know). So 4th place will be fiercely fought over, we need to be in the mix.

• Advertisement

I just hope for once that he will go against the norm, and fix the problem. If he does not, I fear we will fall well short this season. The first three places look already to be taken, ( early days I know). So 4th place will be fiercely fought over, we need to be in the mix.

We will get 4th no bother.
    BUT i'm fed up of 4th.
    I want a title and we're miles away.

Won't happen sadly. I just can't get upset about it any more. Wenger just disappoints when it comes to transfer windows. He seriously is either trolling us fans or thinks our defending isn't weak or that he's confident we will outscore teams.

To much messing around at the back with converting players into new positions, namely Monreal at CB and now debuchy. Chambers in fairness shouldn't be playing so much at such a young age but it'll stand to him.

Chambers lacks too much pace to be wide. He should be backup and eventual replacement to Mert.

I'm not so confidant with 4th. These injuries need to end.

Wenger will buy the best available DMF this summer, and possibly a good young backup to him as well.

We will get 4th no bother.
    BUT i'm fed up of 4th.
    I want a title and we're miles away.

He would need to seriously spend well over 200 million for that to happen.
    I still think we need a world class striker. We need a world class centre back and a squad rotation one too. A defensive midfielder of world class quality. Then I might think we be able to contend but that won't be happening.

Chambers lacks too much pace to be wide. He should be backup and eventual replacement to Mert.

Exactly, at CB and not RB. Debuchy is our first choice RB and so he should play there unless there are no CBs available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Want to put in a word of praise for Cazorla. He put a real shift in defence, tracking back and making tackles. And in the second half he really drove the team forward. Nearly won it at the death too.

I'm not so confidant with 4th. These injuries need to end.

Wenger will buy the best available DMF this summer, and possibly a good young backup to him as well.

I think we get 4th, it might be last game of the season stuff again and a very good run from the start of January onwards. Fingers crossed no more serious injuries. Probably getting knocked out of either a CL or FA Cup sooner rather then later might help as crap as that sounds. It really sucks to write off the season already but get used to it for another few years.

greendom wrote: »
    Want to put in a word of praise for Cazorla. He put a real shift in defence, tracking back and making tackles. And in the second half he really drove the team forward. Nearly won it at the death too.

Yep him and our GK are the only ones who tried today. Carzola has been brilliant the last two months.

• Advertisement

He would need to seriously spend well over 200 million for that to happen.
    I still think we need a world class striker. We need a world class centre back and a squad rotation one too. A defensive midfielder of world class quality. Then I might think we be able to contend but that won't be happening.

Pool almost won the league last season without any world class players bar Suarez. I want us challenging right up to May at least. I don't think we need to spend anywhere near 200m to do that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement