Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Go and watch Monday night football and watch Gary Neville say he had 45 clips of things flamini done wrong, he showed 3.

Shouting at people to do the basic things he couldn't even do.

Watch that then we can talk more.

Edit, was it 45 clips of arsenal bad play, can't remember now, doesn't matter, flamini stood out as the worst.

maybe you can link it for me. His brother certainly didn't agree....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842
    Flamini was left in no-man's land but it was not his fault. It would not have made any difference, whoever was trying to do that job for the Gunners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

greendom wrote: »
    maybe you can link it for me. His brother certainly didn't agree....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30571842

Trying to link the video but I can't find it, it's been removed from you tube.

Google is showing a lot.

Ok found it.

Watch from 7 mins on.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2d5rh8_carra-mnf_tech#from=embediframe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't really get what Neville is on about there, in his first two examples at least I feel Flamini did his job.

Liam O wrote: »
    I don't really get what Neville is on about there, in his first two examples at least I feel Flamini did his job.

I thought the same about the first clip too, he actually stopped the attack.

I just think flamini is a liability and is nowhere near the level required even as a
    back up so I may be biased in my agreeing with Neville.

Obviously Wenger and some arsenal fans including some here rate him so I could be wrong.

I thought the same about the first clip too, he actually stopped the attack.

I just think flamini is a liability and is nowhere near the level required even as a
    back up so I may be biased in my agreeing with Neville.

Obviously Wenger and some arsenal fans including some here rate him so I could be wrong.

I just think he was left with an impossible task on Sunday and blaming him is a bit like blaming that boy in Holland who failed to stop the dams from being breached

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I just think he was left with an impossible task on Sunday and blaming him is a bit like blaming that boy in Holland who failed to stop the dams from being breached

Hmmmm interesting comparison! !

Anyway were stuck with him for another year and a half so.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Before the day gets too manic, I'd like to wish all Boardsie Arsenal supporters a Merry Christmas and a great 2015. May we achieve 10 wins in a row and spank all that come before us.

Oh, and a few new players would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Would anyone be happy with that Mings fella for CB and that 16 year old Bielik for DM? Looks most likely at the moment, i can see no improvement in the here and now with signings like that and are very disappointing if it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Raf32 wrote: »
    Would anyone be happy with that Mings fella for CB and that 16 year old Bielik for DM? Looks most likely at the moment, i can see no improvement in the here and now with signings like that and are very disappointing if it happens.

I like the sound of Mings but it should be with another.

We need experience in our backup centre half list.

IMO with the DMF, we should sign a prospect but more importantly sign someone of the quality of Khedira or Bender.

We mustn't sign an average DMF to replace an average DMF.

Either world class or wait till summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11311953/Arsenal-transfer-news-and-rumours-Arsene-Wenger-given-green-light-to-sign-Edinson-Cavani.html
    Cant see wenger forking out 50 mil for him though:( quality player id have him over falcao anyday :)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/416990/Arsenal-Jonathan-Calleri-January

Not sure of this guy looks ok from some of his vids though :) ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Happy Xmas to all the boardsie Gooners and here's hoping Santa will bring Arsene more silverware in May!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Supposedly we're close to signing Krystian Bielik for £2.3M.

He's a 16 year old DM.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The only signing I'm interested in at this stage is Wenger's resignation letter. Doesn't matter who he signs (though he's proven he'll always leave the squad with major gaps anyway), we'll always be total flakes as long as he's manager.

The only signing I'm interested in at this stage is Wenger's resignation letter. Doesn't matter who he signs (though he's proven he'll always leave the squad with major gaps anyway), we'll always be total flakes as long as he's manager.

Uhhh feisty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cheer up lads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Right lads im off, moved into my new house today and ive yet to sort an internet connection. Hopefully a good festive period for all the club and gooners everywhere.
    Enjoy the few days and happy new year to the lot of ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'm almost at that stage too. Starting to think that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Podolski off to Inter according to Corriere dello sport.

LINK

Another Wenger failure. Never fully utilized in my opinion.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Podolski off to Inter according to Corriere dello sport.

LINK

Another Wenger failure. Never fully utilized in my opinion.

That's nonsense..
    How is Podolski a Wenger failure? Considering Pod's ability and our system, Wenger done well with him.

Truth is Podolski doesn't fit our system. This quote sums up Podolski and why he never fit in 100% and why he also struggled at Bayern.

Ok, imagine the team working like a machine. There are no specialized parts with the exception of the GK. Every part does multiple things and they have to do them above average.
    Cazorla for example has to pass, defend, press, assist, and hopefully score.
    Alexis has to pass, defend, press, create, assist, and score.
    People point out Ramsey playing poorly not because he isn't scoring or assisting, but because he is failing his other functions: passing, defending, tackling.
    Podolski is a highly specialized part, he scores. When he isn't scoring he offers no other contribution. He doesn't defend. He's not a great passer. He doesn't press. He doesn't create with the exception of getting the ball randomly on the touchline for a cross.
    At the moment we don't have a need for specialized parts. We need 10 parts of the machine working in harmony all helping each other out with their different roles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    That's nonsense..
    How is Podolski a Wenger failure? Considering Pod's ability and our system, Wenger done well with him.

Truth is Podolski doesn't fit our system. This quote sums up Podolski and why he never fit in 100% and why he also struggled at Bayern.

Podolski is a spectacular finisher, and Wenger doesn't know how to use him, because he has a plan A and nothing else. He tries to force square pegs into round holes constantly because he can't adapt his philosophy to suit the players he has available to him.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Podolski is a spectacular finisher, and Wenger doesn't know how to use him, because he has a plan A and nothing else. He tries to force square pegs into round holes constantly because he can't adapt his philosophy to suit the players he has available to him.

So we're just going to change our entire game plan to suit Podolski?

Get real..

I'd be more pissed at Wenger if he tried to shoehorn Pod into a team that he obviously doesn't suit.
    As much as i love the guy he's only attribute is his finishing. He offers nothing else and if anything makes us weaker.

We have at least 3 players better than him in each position.

Wing - Sanchez,Welbeck and Ozil
    Striker - Giroud,Sanchez,Welbeck and Walcott.

Him going to Inter is best for both parties (assuming we get a replacement in.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ozil better then pod as a winger?

jesus christ

Ozil better then pod as a winger?

jesus christ

As wasteful as it is i'd rather play Ozil out wide then start Podolski.

As wasteful as it is i'd rather play Ozil out wide then start Podolski.

not imo

Starting to see Wenger has signed players we don't need or can use.

Starting to see Wenger has signed players we don't need or can use.

Didn't see people complaining when we signed Ramsey for 4M at 16 or when Walcott was signed.

Some people are just looking to moan at everything Wenger does.

Didn't see people complaining when we signed Ramsey for 4M at 16 or when Walcott was signed.

Some people are just looking to moan at everything Wenger does.

Touche.

You win sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Been away for about a week not gonna go through what I've missed too much effort :o

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and I'll be on after we slaughter QPR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Merry Xmas fellow gunners, hopefully Santa delivers what you want tomorrow and Santi delivers what we all want Stephen's day

Have a great one all

• Advertisement

Hopefully SANTI delivers a goal on stephens.

Cazorla woah
    Cazorla woah woah
    He came from Malaga
    To play with arteta!!!!

Cazorla woah!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Put the cans away yipeeeee

Merry Christmas lads.

Have a good one :)

merry xmas all!

am going to the QPR game!!!

please gunners win. 3 points please for my xmas present!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Christmas guys! Have a great one! :)

That makes me the pro-Wenger one then?

• Advertisement

Also Happy Christmas everyone. I have a vague recollection of waking up at this time to find a board games and loads of chocolates. I couldn't figure out how it happened because we didn't have a chimney what with our central heating. But Santa always found a way.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Have a great day today, and an even better one tomorrow!

Put the cans away yipeeeee

You were spot on with that, happy Xmas gentlemen!!

Player of the Year?

Santi C?
    Özil?
    Ramsey?

efb wrote: »
    Player of the Year?

Santi C?
    Özil?
    Ramsey?

Kos.

• Advertisement

Kos.

Good shout

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Player of the Year?

Santi C?
    Özil?
    Ramsey?

Ramsey or giroud for me

The reason I didn't pick Kos or Giroud was injuries but yes giroud has made big contributions

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Kos for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Kos for me

Kos for sure but I think synz desrves a shout, I thought he had a great last season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Giroud for me. Takes a fair amount of stick but at times he's mega.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ramsey. Scored the cup winning goal. Simple as.

I would probably say Ramsey for the year 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

The reason I didn't pick Kos or Giroud was injuries but yes giroud has made big contributions

The reason I'd maybe choose giroud is because he's so integral to the way we play. He plays his part in the team perfectly imo and now hes started to consistently bang em in I think he might be one of the most important players in the squad.

Allardyce resting Song today for the Arsenal game

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement