Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Fantastic!

And well done coq

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Best performance away this season pure fight and commitment

Sanchez is just immense, heartbeat of the team. Huge 3 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Great win. Sanchez immense, Kos makes a huge difference.

efb wrote: »
    We held on 5th on goal diff

A 1 minute walk, you need to work on that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Good game.
    Good result.

Just like I said yesterday, we always have the beating of West Ham. No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Great result. Tough tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Really big two wins in three days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Soups123 wrote: »
    Best performance away this season pure fight and commitment

Sanchez is just immense, heartbeat of the team. Huge 3 pts

No doubt Sanchez has been immense but for me Cazorla has been pulling all the strings...he has been awesome in the middle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Top 4 all dropped points today so makes our result even sweeter. Fcuking delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thank god for that. Was worried about that game.

Two points gained in Chelsea, City Southampton and United and 3 on west ham

Great day all round

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great results all round for Arsenal today.

No doubt Sanchez has been immense but for me Cazorla has been pulling all the strings...he has been awesome in the middle

I thought they were both superb Sanchez did a huge amount defensively and breaking it up.

Great to see Szecz take more control of the box. Helped minimise much of West Hams threat.

Cazorla outstanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

great win for us :D and a bonus chelsea,utd and city all drew !! :) great to have Kos back too he's immense at the back !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Carzola really has made w diff huge workrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gotta say, despite my negativity (it's how I get through games), we were very resilient and had ze mental strength.

Oh, and we were the only team in the top half to win:

LMGXwGv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

4th gonna be ours no problem :D

But seriously great game, great win :D

Chez was class too took a lot of there aerial threat out of the game

Worrying that Walcott still not getting a run, really hoped to see him back today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

dvemail wrote: »
    Great to see Szecz take more control of the box. Helped minimise much of West Hams threat.

Ya I gave his a lot of stick earlier in the season, though he was immense today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Cazorla, Sanchez, Ox all brilliant.

How good is it having a first choice defence. Koscielney makes such a massive difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

A lot of lads deserve credit today. Sanchez, Cazorla, Chesney, coq, koscielny.
    Tony Gale.

Was Tony Gayle the commentator for today's game?

Ya I gave his a lot of stick earlier in the season, though he was immense today.

He probably deserved most of it, hasn't had a great season.
    Much improved today. More that that now please Szecz.

7 wins 1 draw and 1 loss in the last 9

What crisis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

He probably deserved most of it, hasn't had a great season.
    Much improved today. More that that now please Szecz.

Think he's been watching Courtois, he's coming for everything now, really takes the pressure off the defence.

Should the coq start over flamini from now on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

bad2dabone wrote: »
    A lot of lads deserve credit today. Sanchez, Cazorla, Chesney, coq, koscielny.
    Tony Gale.
    Welbeck was fantastic today also and was unlucky not to get a second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Beat the Saints and we are going to be in great shape. Would have took 4 points before todays game. Looks like a battle with united for third.

• Advertisement

Schneiderlinn out for the next game aswell.

Ramsey back for southampton

Ozil and arteta a week or two after

Walcott to be brought back in

Maybe a signing or two

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Very good win, good first half but second half was a little too exciting. thought we struggled a bit in midfield we couldn't keep the ball, we really need a dm who control games Alonso esq.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Chez was class too took a lot of there aerial threat out of the game

Worrying that Walcott still not getting a run, really hoped to see him back today

I have a feeling that Wenger sees no problem getting fourth and is minding the squad for the Champions League. That's why Walcott is not being played yet.

Can be no other reason if players are fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Should the coq start over flamini from now on?

Coq played well in the first half but I just didn't see him in the second half. No way for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ramsey back for southampton

Ozil and arteta a week or two after

Walcott to be brought back in

Maybe a signing or two

Hmmmmmmmmm

but...but...we don't need signings now

We had two whole centre backs today

I have a feeling that Wenger sees no problem getting fourth and is minding the squad for the Champions League. That's why Walcott is not being played yet.

Can be no other reason if players are fit.

I think Wenger probably hoped to give Theo a run out over the last couple of games, but the opportunity never arose.
    Twice holding onto 2-1 leads, the last thing we needed was to bring Walcott. Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him until the FA Cup match versus Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

That's a super win. We looked so dangerous at times too on the break. Welbeck is much more influential through the middle. Alexis is Alexis and Kos is Kos.

But one man has been continually brilliant lately as referred to earlier and that is Santi. Superb workrate and ability going forward. I'm a Wengerite as many know and ya know what...it makes me validate that more when less than two weeks ago I viewed posts from some 'Wenger Out' lobbyists slating Cazorla. It's a form of reassurance of reactionary, OTT rubbish we get on here on the spur of a missed place pass.

Not gonna start a row again but Santi through the middle makes us an exceptionally better team. Read that again now before the usual forces burst out...an exceptionally better TEAM. Ozil can't put the defensive shift in that Santi does and Santi' s numbers going forward are superb. Ozil has a lot to do to justifying replacing him....in making us a better outfit overall.

Also, well done Coquelin.

That's a super win. We looked so dangerous at times too on the break. Welbeck is much more influential through the middle. Alexis is Alexis and Kos is Kos.

But one man has been continually brilliant lately as referred to earlier and that is Santi. Superb workrate and ability going forward. I'm a Wengerite as many know and ya know what...it makes me validate that more when less than two weeks ago I viewed posts from some 'Wenger Out' lobbyists slating Cazorla. It's a form of reassurance of reactionary, OTT rubbish we get on here on the spur of a missed place pass.

Not gonna start a row again but Santi through the middle makes us an exceptionally better team. Read that again now before the usual forces burst out...an exceptionally better TEAM. Ozil can't put the defensive shift in that Santi does and Santi' s numbers going forward are superb. Ozil has a lot to do to justifying replacing him....in making us a better outfit overall.

Also, well done Coquelin.

Yeah your looking for a row :)

• Advertisement

Good luck Ozil taking the no10 spot off Santi when he returns to full fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Anything to be said for Santi at CM alongside a DM (Flamini for now I guess) with Ozil ahead? His workrate is good enough these days, he's not the strongest though.

When ozil is fit he plays "10" everyday of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Santi even headed a corner clear today.

Epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

When ozil is fit he plays "10" everyday of the week

In the words of a great 'blind faith in anything will get you killed'.

If Ozil comes back and plays Santi out fair enough. But this is a team game...not the glorification of one players talents. We have won 7 of our last 9 games with Santi at 10. Drew and lost the other.

Cazorla's contribution to the team lately has been unbelievable. His workrate is incredible. Look at Chelsea...Mourinho with Mata...look how Oscar works, it's an obligation. We have a player doin that now...brilliant. The usual Wenger out crew would be citing that as an example and here we have it developing before our eyes. Ozil back in by all means. When he starts scoring, assisting, dictating, covering, defending as well as Cazorla and better.

+1, he saved us a lot of heart in the mouth moments today with his command in the box and nullified Westhams threat at set-pieces except for extra time....:D

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Schneiderlinn out for the next game aswell.

It's great Chelsea playing the teams first before we play them...the teams will be tired and probably a few cards racked up before we play those teams....

Santi s form has been brilliant. It's great that we can ease Ozil back into action.

If Ozil comes back and plays Santi out fair enough. But this is a team game...not the glorification of one players talents. We have won 7 of our last 9 games with Santi at 10. Drew and lost the other.

Cazorla's contribution to the team lately has been unbelievable. His workrate is incredible. Look at Chelsea...Mourinho with Mata...look how Oscar works, it's an obligation. We have a player doin that now...brilliant. The usual Wenger out crew would be citing that as an example and here we have it developing before our eyes. Ozil back in by all means. When he starts scoring, assisting, dictating, covering, defending as well as Cazorla and better.

In my opinion the player who is playing well owns the jersey until he stops playing well then the next player comes in. If you're in form you stay in the team.

Hold on now, cazorla has been good the last 3 games before that he was fairly muck he played himself into form

I like your posts but with ozil you always sees his bad game never his good, with cazorla it's the opposite your seen his good games no mention of his bad one

Pound for pound ozil is a better 10 and if that means sticking him in and letting him play into form, which we did for cazorla then I'm all for it

shano_88 wrote: »
    Santi s form has been brilliant. It's great that we can ease Ozil back into action.

Well said

No rushing him back

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement