Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Cazorla has always been a better player for Arsenal than Ozil.

It doesn't matter what Ozil did with Real Madrid or Germany tbh. He doesn't deserve to waltz into the team ahead of Cazorla.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Hold on now, cazorla has been good the last 3 games before that he was fairly muck he played himself into form

I like your posts but with ozil you always sees his bad game never his good, with cazorla it's the opposite your seen his good games no mention of his bad one

Pound for pound ozil is a better 10 and if that means sticking him in and letting him play into form, which we did for cazorla then I'm all for it

Ya see this is why I can't take you you seriously or have any credibility. Do you watch Arsenal games?? You said he was muck bar the last 3 games?? Bar Today, QPR and Liverpool?

CanI ask..did you and your thankers watch any previous games no?

Did ye see him against Newcastle no? 2 goals...defensively superb.

Won us the game against West Brom with a magic moment. again never shirked his responsibility....

Dortmund...see that one?

Also watch the Stoke game back....who is the guy ya want in yer side??

Please substantiate yer argument if going to get into one.

I hope Ozil blows him away. When he does we will be unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

K4t wrote: »

It doesn't matter what Ozil did with Real Madrid or Germany tbh. He doesn't deserve to waltz into the team ahead of Cazorla.
    You clearly don't remember last year, Cazorla was very poor, much worse than Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

K4t wrote: »

Cazorla was pretty bad last year..

If we're talking about playing the number 10 role behind the striker i'd prefer Ozil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Ozil shouldn't be given free reign to play himself into form. Give him gametime by all means but he doesn't walk into the team. The only players who should get that privilege are ones who pre injury the team was built around. I'm talking Ronaldo, Messi etc. Ozil hasn't had anywhere near the impact these players have for their teams. Fair enough if the alternative was ****e but Cazorla has been playing great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Ya see this is why I can't take you you seriously or have any credibility. Do you watch Arsenal games?? You said he was muck bar the last 3 games?? Bar Today, QPR and Liverpool?

CanI ask..did you and your thankers watch any previous games no?

Did ye see him against Newcastle no? 2 goals...defensively superb.

Won us the game against West Brom with a magic moment. again never shirked his responsibility....

Dortmund...see that one?

Also watch the Stoke game back....who is the guy ya want in yer side??

Please substantiate yer argument if going to get into one.

I hope Ozil blows him away. When he does we will be unbelievable.

You and your thankers?

Can't take me seriously?

From the same poster that only posts when we win, runs off when we loose

And only posts when he thinks he has one up on other posters cause his point is valid that week

You used to be a good poster but now all your posts are thinly vield digs at "wenger out" posters

And you can't take me seriously

The only positive from our next defeat is that you will run off and hide Again

If we bothered marking skertal in the 97min we would be on some run now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Ozil shouldn't be given free reign to play himself into form. Give him gametime by all means but he doesn't walk into the team. The only players who should get that privilege are ones who pre injury the team was built around. I'm talking Ronaldo, Messi etc. Ozil hasn't had anywhere near the impact these players have for their teams. Fair enough if the alternative was ****e but Cazorla has been playing great.

Ozil stays in the bench.

Cazola stays on until be plays crap again/gets injured.

U see. remember when Ozil got injured? i tld u lot we wont miss him and its true.

The guy is not been world class for arsenal so far.

We would miss sanchez more then Ozil

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Jesus H. All the bitching in here is making this thread unbearable. Sure, disagree all you like, but take the personal insults elsewhere lads.

Oh, and in case you forgot because of the fog in here, we dug out a big win this evening. Beat or draw with Southampton and we'll have had a very good festive season with the injuries returning. COYG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

emmetlego wrote: »
    Jesus H. All the bitching in here is making this thread unbearable. Sure, disagree all you like, but take the personal insults elsewhere lads.

Oh, and in case you forgot because of the fog in here, we dug out a big win this evening. Beat or draw with Southampton and we'll have had a very good festive season with the injuries returning. COYG

What is this rational guff?

Look buddy you're either Wenger In or Wenger Out and Ozil is either sh1te or really effective.

Now which is it? Pick a side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

gosplan wrote: »
    What is this rational guff?

Look buddy you're either Wenger In or Wenger Out and Ozil is either sh1te or really effective.

Now which is it? Pick a side.

I have a weekly set appointment with my doctor to remove splinters from my ass due to fence sitting!

As it happens I'm pro-Wenger and I love Ozil, but would have no problem dropping him if Caz is playing stormers! That's logic… But it's how these views are expressed is my point! Diversifying views make debate interesting, but keeping the language less agricultural and more parliamentary is key to clean un-personalised debate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Rosicky to start against Southampton yous reckon? Ox looked completely spent by the end of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Jaafa wrote: »
    Rosicky to start against Southampton yous reckon? Ox looked completely spent by the end of that.

I'd say so. Probably 2 or 3 changes I'd say. Gibbs in as well I'd say.

Rosicky for ox and Ramsey for coq Id say

And hopefully walcott gets some mins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd say

Gibbs for Monreal
    Ramsey for Coq
    Walcott for Sanchez

Possibly Chambers in for Mert or Debuchy but if I was Wenger, I'd leave the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tsoparno

Haven't been round this way in ages for various reasons but delighted with the win. Santi is going to take shifting out of that team with the form he's in. Great to have Kos back the difference with him in is immense. These negative subs are the making of heart attacks though, to me it's madness and only inviting the opposing team on, same against QPR, it can't be just me that thinks this, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

He was great today and constant threat to Westham with his more directness...

Is Ramsey back?..as Wenger said in his post match presser that nobody is back for SFC game... "We have a big game in front of us now against Southampton with nobody coming back"

Also it seems Poldi is off, usually he would say NO if its not happening...

"on Podolski…

No there is nothing concrete there.

on whether he’s confident Podolski will stay…

At the moment nobody goes out. We have Ozil coming back now at the beginning of January, so of course there is a lot of competition up front."

Quotes from Arsenal.com

gosplan wrote: »
    I'd say

Gibbs for Monreal
    Ramsey for Coq
    Walcott for Sanchez

Possibly Chambers in for Mert or Debuchy but if I was Wenger, I'd leave the defence.

I saying about resting Sanchez for today,
    And was pointed out to me if we play him against Southampton and then rest him for the fa cup he will get 10 days off

Id say that's the plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

tsoparno wrote: »
    Haven't been round this way in ages for various reasons but delighted with the win. Santi is going to take shifting out of that team with the form he's in. Great to have Kos back the difference with him in is immense. These negative subs are the making of heart attacks though, to me it's madness and only inviting the opposing team on, same against QPR, it can't be just me that thinks this, right?

It's definitely bad for the health watching Arsenal these days. I could understand the subs against QPR, we were down to ten men and hadn't looked like adding more goals but today it was strange because with around ten minutes left we looked the more likely to score, we just invited them onto us. I suppose you could say it paid off, mind you we wouldn't be happy if that late header had dropped in.

• Advertisement

Ozil stays in the bench.

U see. remember when Ozil got injured? i tld u lot we wont miss him and its true.

Not a fair comparison when Ozil has been shoved to the wing while Santi has been playing centre.

Have to say in the last 3 games, in shoring up the defence Wenger is making too many defensive subs, where we're sitting deep and inviting the opposition...He should bring atleast one offensive sub with fresh legs who can hurt the opposition on the counter and chase the long balls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

There's unconfirmed reports that Klopp has resigned. After seeing how he's handled an injury crisis, I'm not sure he's what Arsenal need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Have to say in the last 3 games, in shoring up the defence Wenger is making too many defensive subs, where we're sitting deep and inviting the opposition...He should bring atleast one offensive sub with fresh legs who can hurt the opposition on the counter and chase the long balls...

It seems that maybe Arsene isn't as confident with his team as he has been in the past, he would have laughed at the suggestion of bringing in so many defensive substitutions in recent seasons.

Does it smack of this fabled plan B everyone complains he doesn't have?

I don't think we needed any defensive subs, we lost our shape with the subs and it nullified any breaks we could of had.

dorgasm wrote: »
    There's unconfirmed reports that Klopp has resigned. After seeing how he's handled an injury crisis, I'm not sure he's what Arsenal need.

I wonder whether Liverpool will be tempted?

• Advertisement

Nice to get a bit of form going against poor teams, just need to keep it going and try and get the defending a bit (or a lot) less ragged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

greendom wrote: »
    I wonder whether Liverpool will be tempted?

I was thinking the same too but it's surely far too early to get rid of Rodgers? He hasn't been spectacularly bad given the players he's been without this year. I still don't think this is Wengers last year all the same, so I don't expect him to come to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Ozil stays in the bench.

We would miss sanchez more then Ozil

Mendoza you're the most knee-jerk fan on this site by far.

3 weeks ago you claimed S.Cazorla didn't deserve to start over Campbell.

Certainly change your tune very quickly.

It seems that maybe Arsene isn't as confident with his team as he has been in the past, he would have laughed at the suggestion of bringing in so many defensive substitutions in recent seasons.

Could it be argued that his subs were timed to break up there Rythym and make us more solid?

If that's plan B, then it's not a great plan B to fill the whole team with defenders... probably conceding 3-0, 2-0 leads is playing at the back of his mind....

when you set-up defensively you still keep a couple of offensive players on the pitch especially someone with pace who can hurt the opposition and take some pressure of defenders by chasing the long balls.

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Mendoza you're the most knee-jerk fan on this site by far.

3 weeks ago you claimed S.Cazorla didn't deserve to start over Campbell.

Certainly change your tune very quickly.

Ozil is just as worse mate.

Plus 3 weeks ago cazola was dire.

I don't think we needed any defensive subs, we lost our shape with the subs and it nullified any breaks we could of had.

have to agree with all these defensive subs, there's no shape...we are defending with a back of 8 instead of two banks of four and keep the opposition farthest from the 18 yard box.

I'm not sure lads

If he throws on say walcott we break fail to score smd then then lump it up and score the equaliser

He would be creamed on here

He is in a no win situation

Ozil is just as worse mate.

Plus 3 weeks ago cazola was dire.

Which game was that? He's been our best or at least one of best performers over the last few games

Which game was that? He's been our best or at least one of best performers over the last few games

we have played lots of games in the space of 3 weeks

I'm not sure lads

If he throws on say walcott we break fail to score smd then then lump it up and score the equaliser

He would be creamed on here

He is in a no win situation

Aye that's always a possibility, just feel losing your shape is asking for trouble. Until the subs it looked like we were going to add to the scoreline. Then it was backs to the wall stuff.

we have played lots of games in the space of 3 weeks

Would it be the first half vs Stoke? He should hardly be singled out there and he was the main reason for the comeback in the 2nd. He was brilliant against Newcastle and performed well against Liverpool QPR and again today. When was he poor?

Aye that's always a possibility, just feel losing your shape is asking for trouble. Until the subs it looked like we were going to add to the scoreline. Then it was backs to the wall stuff.

I kinda didn't agree the his Subs either

But if he put on attacking subs I wouldn't have liked that

And if he didn't change it I would have been fuming

See the problem haha

I kinda didn't agree the his Subs either

But if he put on attacking subs I wouldn't have liked that

And if he didn't change it I would have been fuming

See the problem haha

I wanted him to bring on fresh legs too but not all defensive subs...we have no shape and just inviting the opposition to attack and the game could have gone Liverpool way result wise if that header had crept in the extra time....

I know we won in the end so I'll give up moaning and njoy the win...:D

I wanted him to bring on fresh legs too but not all defensive subs...we have no shape and just inviting the opposition to attack and the game could have gone Liverpool way result wise if that header had crept in the extra time....

I know we won in the end so I'll give up moaning and njoy the win...:D

If Ya can't moan on the INTERNET where can you moan :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Some people here are so fickle

efb wrote: »
    Some people here are so fickle

I don't know if that's for me or not...but discussing the game where we could have done better is not fickleness....

Sanchez 15 (10)
    Welbeck 7 (4)
    Giroud 6 (5)
    Ramsey 6 (3)
    Cazorla 5 (4)
    Podolski 3(0)
    Ox 2(1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Wilshere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Chambers 1 (1)
    Debuchy 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (0)
    Sanogo 1(0)
    Rosicky 1(1)

Goals scored (League goals in brackets)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I don't know if that's for me or not...but discussing the game where we could have done better is not fickleness....

Your post didn't even come on my radar so don't fret

:pac:
    Of Danny Welbeck's 7 goals scored for Arsenal (including today's vs. West Ham), he has fallen down during 5 of them.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    :pac:

He's modelling himself on Sanogo's performance against Benfica!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Today couldn't have gone better results wise for us. Starting to build up a bit of steam for the first time. Players coming back from injury now too.

Two shrewd signings in January and we could be set for a good second half of the season.

Could easily push for third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    Today couldn't have gone better results wise for us. Starting to build up a bit of steam for the first time. Players coming back from injury now too.

Two shrewd signings in January and we could be set for a good second half of the season.

Could easily push for third.

Can't see us signing anybody in Jan.
    But you're right a good DM and CB and we could challenge for the CL.
    The league is gone imo. Gap too wide now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Clyne out for Southampton too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Can't see us signing anybody in Jan.
    But you're right a good DM and CB and we could challenge for the CL.
    The league is gone imo. Gap too wide now.

We are def goina sign a defender. We just fûckin have to!! We are woefully short back there.

A DM is a pipe dream really!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement