Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I would love to see Mats Hummels, Marco Reus and Sven Bender join us in January. Dortmund are a sinking ship and we must take advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

greendom wrote: »
    It seems that maybe Arsene isn't as confident with his team as he has been in the past, he would have laughed at the suggestion of bringing in so many defensive substitutions in recent seasons.

Does it smack of this fabled plan B everyone complains he doesn't have?

The last 3 games that seems to have been the case, he has gone from trying to score when winning to retaining what we have, that's makes sense.

My only uncertainty is if it's a tactical decision or a consequence of what's on the bench, hopefully it's the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jonny666 wrote: »
    We are def goina sign a defender. We just fûckin have to!! We are woefully short back there.

A DM is a pipe dream really!

You have to worry about Koscielny. Is he back for good or will his Achilles problem resurface?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

In other news, the telegraph are reporting that Pod is joining AC Milan in 2.5mil loan deal in Jan, seems a runner, especially after AW's less than convincing rebuttal of the question earlier!

Also, a stat… Arsenal are unbeaten in 12 competitive games this season when Matty Debuchy has played...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Going for Winston Reid according to John Cross. Didnt cover himself in glory today but I really rate him.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    You have to worry about Koscielny. Is he back for good or will his Achilles problem resurface?

Funny you mention that. I was also going to post that I get the feeling, the medical team are advising we use him sparsely. Just the tone of the language from AW in recent questions about him. Hope I'm way wrong, but it's a hunch...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

emmetlego wrote: »
    In other news, the telegraph are reporting that Pod is joining AC Milan in 2.5mil loan deal in Jan, seems a runner, especially after AW's less than convincing rebuttal of the question earlier!

I'd be surprised at that.
    Not that Poldi isn't there type of player.. But because they just got a loan switch with Torres going to Atletico and Ceri going to Milan.

Also loaning someone like Poldi is stupid! Just sell him in January or keep him till the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

You and your thankers?

Can't take me seriously?

From the same poster that only posts when we win, runs off when we loose

And only posts when he thinks he has one up on other posters cause his point is valid that week

You used to be a good poster but now all your posts are thinly vield digs at "wenger out" posters

And you can't take me seriously

The only positive from our next defeat is that you will run off and hide Again

Haha more nonsense! We have lost one of our last nine....haven't been on for that either and stated many a time this place has turned into a mess at times. It's one misplaced pass away from being a crisis and resort to type for many.

And noticeably ya completely ignored the rebuttal of your completely inaccurate points in your rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'd be surprised at that.
    Not that Poldi isn't there type of player.. But because they just got a loan switch with Torres going to Atletico and Ceri going to Milan.

Also loaning someone like Poldi is stupid! Just sell him in January or keep him till the summer.

Think it's Inter he is linked to.
    Will be a shame to see him go. Great character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

dvemail wrote: »
    Think it's Inter he is linked to.
    Will be a shame to see him go. Great character.

not very effective on the field, and big wage bill. Get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »

:rolleyes:

The same argument could be made against Wenger.

efb wrote: »

I agree, but a loan seems a bit pointless.
    Just sell him instead.

Quazzie wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

The same argument could be made against Wenger.

2bed3a7a0d3638543415d60a54f71e99b0a70a3a3ee6dabae49d63dbd992b68c.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Gits_bone

Cazorla is a decent player against the poorer teams but does he ever do it against Liverpool/Chelsea/City etc?

Gits_bone wrote: »
    Cazorla is a decent player against the poorer teams but does he ever do it against Liverpool/Chelsea/City etc?

Yes.

Next question? :)

Seriously though, name the last Gunner to ever display top quality as AW says, against the aforementioned! Maybe Arshavin v Liverpool circa 2009??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Yes.

Next question? :)

Seriously though, name the last Gunner to ever display top quality as AW says, against the aforementioned! Maybe Arshavin v Liverpool circa 2009??

Van Persie vs Chelsea :(

Raf32 wrote: »
    Van Persie vs Chelsea :(

Who?

Ozil vs Napoli

Is Diaby still trying to get fit? Prob best just to retire and give him a coaching role with the young'uns. Could teach the midfielders a thing or two?

I suppose if Podolski does go to Inter it gives a little more credence to the Cavani rumours. Not much more though. Clutching at straws really.

• Advertisement

I've been watching Cavani since the rumours began…

Daaaah! Not impressed at all!

I've been watching Cavani since the rumours began…

Daaaah! Not impressed at all!

Works his balls off but his goal record is not flattering. If you buy Cavani I don't think having him as the main striker works. He'd be another inside forward to go along with Sanchez/Welbeck/Ozil/Walcott/Cazorla for 3 positions.

Cavani at Napoli was one of the most lethal finishers out there.

Just seems like PSG hasn't worked out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This never goes down well but in the champions league and international matches I've seen him in he's look ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Cavani at Napoli was one of the most lethal finishers out there.

Just seems like PSG hasn't worked out for him.

Hard for him to find his best form when he plays alongside one of the best strikers on the planet and he's stuck out on the wing.

Watching him at the world cup he looked constantly dangerous, an absolute tank of a man who can run like fúck! Has a serious strike on him too, always admired his skill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Christ. I'd just like to day I don't support any English team. My big brother supported arsenal before he killed himself so I will forever follow them but I refuse to support them.

I think a DM and two CBs would be very suitable. Anyway I've posted a few times but **** it only way I can come to terms with my brother is by getting on with it. I will always have arsenal in my heart but I can't support anyone. I just can't. I'm sorry for being dramatic but it's my first Christmas without him.

Anyway for one last time for my brother COYG

I love you bro. Will see you sometime

Changes weren't quite as bad as usual today but we still looked ragged. West Ham didn't create much but it didn't feel comfortable and the crowd still felt like there was something there. Being able to change (or not) and hold a lead without fuss would be lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I agree, but a loan seems a bit pointless.
    Just sell him instead.

yes sell, no loan!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gits_bone wrote: »

He's scored and assisted in a two nil win at anfield two seasons ago.
    He scored in a two nil win at the Emirates last season.
    He was our best player last week against Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I dunno where this myth of us under performing against Liverpool has come from.

Since the 4-4 draw, we've played them 13 times, w7, d4, l2.

Honestly, the results probably say we should be more worried about whether our players turn up against Stoke.

They are a big club but not in the way we struggle against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Christ. I'd just like to day I don't support any English team. My big brother supported arsenal before he killed himself so I will forever follow them but I refuse to support them.

I think a DM and two CBs would be very suitable. Anyway I've posted a few times but **** it only way I can come to terms with my brother is by getting on with it. I will always have arsenal in my heart but I can't support anyone. I just can't. I'm sorry for being dramatic but it's my first Christmas without him.

So sorry to hear about your brother man. Thanks for your post and I'm sure I speak for everyone by saying you're more than welcome to post whenever you like if it helps. Hopefully the gunners give you something to smile about in 2015.

We're VERY dramatic in here, but always with far less reason.

Well done on getting through the year and being able to communicate about it.

Look after yourself.

looks like Podolski's definately off in Jan.

This makes me sad, I like the guy.
    Although it's not worth paying his 100k a week for him to sit on the bench I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

bad2dabone wrote: »
    looks like Podolski's definately off in Jan.

This makes me sad, I like the guy.
    Although it's not worth paying his 100k a week for him to sit on the bench I suppose.

Who else do we bring on if we need a goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Oranage2 wrote: »

Cavani :D

• Advertisement

Oranage2 wrote: »

I'm willing to give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope the new rumours of carvalho are true

him and winston reid and we'd be happy chaps

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Considering the reports from the summer suggested that all sides wanted the sale to go ahead, it did seem like the 3rd party ownership was the major legal stumbling block.

I'm sure that conversations have been continuing though, so maybe it'll be a nice early new years gift for us all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

I really hope we get West Ham's Winston Reid; an excellent defender and we wouldn't have to break the bank for him either! Plus he already knows the league and is a far better prospect than bringing in another player from another league! Come on Wenger! Make it happen!

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »
    I really hope we get West Ham's Winston Reid; an excellent defender and we wouldn't have to break the bank for him either! Plus he already knows the league and is a far better prospect than bringing in another player from another league! Come on Wenger! Make it happen!

It's probably the most straightforward transfer ever.

Just offer enough money for him on the frat day of the window.

Then say 'look we really need a defender so in a week we're going to start making moves to buy other players'

Reid is a free agent in the summer so he calls the shots on this one. If he wants to hold out for a better club then fair play to him but unless he has some hatred of us, the lure of CL football will get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Why would West Ham sell their best defender for a few million half way through their best season in ages??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Why would West Ham sell their best defender for a few million half way through their best season in ages??!

Because they only have him for half a season more and might want to cash in now?

Because they only have him for half a season more and might want to cash in now?

Keeping Reid for half a season more during their best run in a long time makes alot more sense than selling him for the previously mentioned here "few million".
    An adequate replacement would be more expensive, more risky and much less available in January.
    I would love Arsenal to sign a quality CB but I think it's naive at best to think Reid is available for anything close to a few million if at all.

Keeping Reid for half a season more during their best run in a long time makes alot more sense than selling him for the previously mentioned here "few million".
    An adequate replacement would be more expensive, more risky and much less available in January.
    I would love Arsenal to sign a quality CB but I think it's naive at best to think Reid is available for anything close to a few million if at all.

I don't think a few million, rather 5-8 million.

West Ham would take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Gary Cahill went under similar circumstances for £7m, and he's brilliant.

Gary Cahill went under similar circumstances for £7m, and he's brilliant.

Alot more money in the league these days including biggest spend ever Summer just gone by, I cannot see it for less than 10m if at all but I hope I am wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Alot more money in the league these days including biggest spend ever Summer just gone by, I cannot see it for less than 10m if at all but I hope I am wrong!!
    3 years ago? 4 years ago Chelsea spent 50m on Fernando Torres. There's a bit more money in the league, not "a lot". Factor in FFP and we could see less money being spent.

3 years ago? 4 years ago Chelsea spent 50m on Fernando Torres. There's a bit more money in the league, not "a lot". Factor in FFP and we could see less money being spent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/10072297/New-Premier-League-TV-deal-promises-100m-prize-money-for-next-seasons-title-winners.html

Shows how each Premiership club has alot more to work with rather than just the Chelseas of this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Reid had a very poor game yesterday I though. Have never been very impressed by him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement