Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Well if he's gone and Sanogo is gone then who's Wenger going to play up front in the Cup tomorrow?

Walcott? Akpom? Campbell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'd rather he pushed himself to be a better player because I feel he's a wasted opportunity. His technique and finishing ability are hard to come by. But like wenger said you always get 80% from podolski, if you got 100% it would be world class.

I hope he does well for inter as I like the guy.

after he signed didi hamann called him a lazy player.
    wonder if that's what he meant instead of the 'doesn't track back' etc. lazy
    gosplan wrote: »
    I think that between the rumour of the row last week and the back and forth with Inter, Pod's played his last game.

Anyone know what the supposed injury is?

Dissappointing that we couldn't keep someone like him content with a super sub position.

From the player's point of view though, he's still only 29 as has been sitting on our bench for two years. You can understand him doing everything to get a decent move now.

Hopefully on some level the club are just giving him what he needs.

couldn't keep him happy because of the performance of the team. if arsenal were 1st or 2nd he'd stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

They can call Podolski whatever they like but how Sanogo got game time ahead of him will remain a mystery long after he's gone.
    Maybe he was a bit lazy but he was a proven goalscorer at club and international level and that's something I can never see Sanogo being.
    Let's hope that any fee we get will be used to better the team at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

efb wrote: »
    What's his total goals scored?

No idea... As I said earlier, it was goals per minute on pitch ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

emmetlego wrote: »
    No idea... As I said earlier, it was goals per minute on pitch ratio.

Which Is misleading, you don't pay players per minutes played

Which Is misleading, you don't pay players per minutes played

true, and quite likely if he had played more he would have scored more.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    true, and quite likely if he had played more he would have scored more.

That's a non sequitur

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

sure im serious..
    it doest matter if he is 19 or 29 , if a player has faults he needs to sort it out.. or preferably the manager needs to sort it out.
    Jack had his faults from early days, poor control and poor attitude, would have been nice if they were sorted out before they became problems for the club

if we followed your philosophy , no one could make a comment cos it might hurt his 19 years old, 50k a week feelings...
    keep the head buried in the sand , you might need rose tinted glasses to go with the wooly hat... #clueless

Except yes it does. He's still in developmental phase was thrown into the deep end earlier than planned.. he is on a learning curve and will improve over time. You judge him as if he were 29 and you had seen him live in action for the last 10 years and make it seem there's no chance he will improve and try fob him off as flashy, which is ridicolous.

It's over-reactionary bull**** on this thread that's clueless, someone suggested we get rid of Akpom because he's had his chance, I mean WTF...

That's a non sequitur

not necessarily, I did say quite likely.

Might head to Monaco game if I can pick up a ticket

• Advertisement

not necessarily, I did say quite likely.

Why is it quite likely?

Why is it quite likely?

basic rule of probabilities.
    Looking at stats (in wikipedia, so not sure if they are 100% accurate):
    first season, 42 appearances, 16 goals
    second season, 27 appearances, 12 goals
    this season: 12 appearances, 3 goals.

Not to say that he would become the best goalscorer we ever had, but I would expect him to score more if he was used regularly. I think his injury last season was the turning point.

Not to say that he would become the best goalscorer we ever had, but I would expect him to score more if he was used regularly. I think his injury last season was the turning point.

Very poor return this seaso. 25%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Of the 81 apperances he made he made 55 starts - 31 goals from that is actually very very good. I mean of the other 26 substitute appearances he made .. what's the likelihood he played more than 20 minutes .. very slim.

Very poor return this seaso. 25%

Ah come off it. Look through the cracks man.

12 appearances and 3 goals.. of those 12 appearances Podolski played 300 minutes. thats just over 3 full games. That's a goal a game.

Danny Welbeck has 16 appearances in the premier league and 4 goals. Danny on the other hand played over 1000 minutes and his record speaks for itself. 1 in 4.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Of the 81 apperances he made he made 55 starts - 31 goals from that is actually very very good. I mean of the other 26 substitute appearances he made .. what's the likelihood he played more than 20 minutes .. very slim.

This season is probably best to explain it .. 12 appearances and 3 goals.. of those 12 appearances Podolski played 300 minutes. thats just over 3 full games. That's a goal a game.

Danny Welbeck has 16 appearances in the premier league and 4 goals. Danny on the other hand played over 1000 minutes and his record speaks for itself. 1 in 4.

Most goals are scored in the last 10 minutes of a game so more likely to score then thrn the rest of the match

@Podolski10: I can't express in words my gratitude towards Arsenal fans for all they have done for me in my years… http://t.co/HKEtadIayS

Basic rule of probability is that it's a fair an even die- not the case in football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think the Inter fans would wanna relax a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

They haven't had much to get excited about this season in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

They've just got Germany's third most capped player and fourth highest scorer of all time, plenty from the outside looking in still regard him as a top player, I think he'll be a big success there, the pace of the game is slower which will suit him, cant see him flopping like Torres anyway.
    Where is Sanogo off to???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We better be getting a striker in, who else can come off the bench and score when we sell pod?

Campbell hasn't shown he can.
    Sanago is one of the worst players at the club.

How much is pod being sold for does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Most goals are scored in the last 10 minutes of a game so more likely to score then thrn the rest of the match

Have you stats to back this up or is this a just my opinion type stat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Oranage2 wrote: »

How much is pod being sold for does anyone know?

Only on loan till the end of the season isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Look at Kosc's desire here from yesterday .... Bloody Hell !!

were was his desire in the first 2 goals we conceded mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hopefully this all means we'll finally see Akpom getting a proper chance. Have high hopes for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Are the players we have out on loan allowed to play for their clubs in the FA Cup?

Basic rule of probability is that it's a fair an even die- not the case in football

????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ha you really don't like him ☺

symbolic wrote: »
    Ha you really don't like him ☺

Hess very likeable fellow- I don't dislike him, just don't rate him and not worth his salary

• Advertisement

????

All things must be fair and constant - that doesn't apply in minutes of a football match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

All things must be fair and constant - that doesn't apply in minutes of a football match

Evidence of this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Hess very likeable fellow- I don't dislike him, just don't rate him and not worth his salary

You could have fooled me! I complimented him last night and you lashed my post! A very large and obvious dislike for him!

Maybe Per can't fcuk off too m

Mad craic??? He's a footballer not your mate In college

Can he tweet in Itilian??

This?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Soups123 wrote: »
    Proofs nought

It proves goals aren't evenly distributed throughout the game- what have I failed to prove????

were was his desire in the first 2 goals we conceded mate?

you're having a f***in laugh mendoza.

He's been sarcastic. The video he posted is one of goals we conceded

more goals are scored by who in the last 10 minutes? Arsenal, Podolski, In general more people score in the last 10 minutes...??

What???

byrneg28 wrote: »
    more goals are scored by whom in the last 10 minutes? Arsenal, Podolski, In general more people score in the last 10 minutes...??

What???

In EPL games see link- this is consistent throughout football though

• Advertisement

Are ye guys yanking my chain at this stage???

In EPL games see link- this is consistent throughout football though

What link???

EDIT: found it

No I'm not yanking your chain anyway, I just don't get how you can argue he's an inconsistent striker and then when they stats prove his goals per game ratio is the best at Arsenal. You come back and say most people score in the last 10 minutes anyway?

I just think it's a very bizarre argument and it seems like (maybe not) you're clutching at straws a bit.

You said 3 goals in 12 games is 25% which is a terrible return. but then when told he actually only played 300 minutes of those 12 games which is just over 3 games you then argue most people score in the last 10 minutes anyway??? Like what?? That's such a bizarre argument.

He's also playing left wing for most of these games so 1:1 ratio is pretty dam good this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its getting as bad as the Liverpool vs United thread in here people fighting over wenger, podolski leaving .....Just get behind the team lads for god sake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Do we know when Ozil is back?

Imagine how good we could be if we had no injuries. The rubbish thing is we have loads of really good players. If we could get our strongest 11 fit, we could actually challenge for the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Do we know when Ozil is back?

Imagine how good we could be if we had no injuries. The rubbish thing is we have loads of really good players. If we could get our strongest 11 fit, we could actually challenge for the title.

I believe he's back in full training anyway, be nice if he could get on for a run out tomorrow, don't see it happening though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wenger said there's a chance he'll play some part tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I heard he was targetting the Stoke game,

Letting Podolski go is incredibly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

If Poldolski is let go and Sanogo stays, Wenger will leave himself open to slaughter.

To challenge for the title you need squad players like Podilski.

Unless we are getting a better replacement I am deeply unhappy at letting Podolski go. But we need fixing elsewhere.

• Advertisement

And it's hard to take anyone seriously that claims that Podolski hasn't delivered while here, especially when using stats that prove them obviously wrong.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement