Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Come on Ozil you expensive World Cup winning jerk.

We paid 42 million for you, now come back strong. No more of this 'poor form' rubbish. We can't accommodate it right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

And people talking about Podolski's wages. As fans we shouldn't give a ****. We're fans not accountants.

He is the perfect player to come of the bench when s goal is needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

gosplan wrote: »
    Come on Ozil you expensive World Cup winning jerk.

We paid 42 million for you, now come back strong. No more of this 'poor form' rubbish. We can't accommodate it right now.

Don't worry. Ozil will be great, rested and everything. Him, Sanchez, Giroud and Walcott are gonna click and it'll be amazing.

When the hell are Ramsey and Wilshere back!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

byrneg28 wrote: »
    What link???

EDIT: found it

No I'm not yanking your chain anyway, I just don't get how you can argue he's an inconsistent striker and then when they stats prove his goals per game ratio is the best at Arsenal. You come back and say most people score in the last 10 minutes anyway?

I just think it's a very bizarre argument and it seems like (maybe not) you're clutching at straws a bit.

You said 3 goals in 12 games is 25% which is a terrible return. but then when told he actually only played 300 minutes of those 12 games which is just over 3 games you then argue most people score in the last 10 minutes anyway??? Like what?? That's such a bizarre argument.

He's also playing left wing for most of these games so 1:1 ratio is pretty dam good this season.

I explained with evidence ehy that logic is flawed you can't equate 6 last 15 minute appearances's goal ratio to that of a single game- not the same thing. Goals are more likely to be scored in the last 15 thab any other time. If you don't appreciate that, that's fine- but the facts back up my hypothesis

And it's hard to take anyone seriously that claims that Podolski hasn't delivered while here, especially when using stats that prove them obviously wrong.

Where was I proven wrong. His goal to game ratio is 1:4

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    If Poldolski is let go and Sanogo stays, Wenger will leave himself open to slaughter.

To challenge for the title you need squad players like Podilski.

Unless we are getting a better replacement I am deeply unhappy at letting Podolski go. But we need fixing elsewhere.

Sangho is a considerabley lower cost base that Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I think it's absurd to suggest 3 goals in 12 bit part appearances isn't great. It is.

Calling it a goal per 4 games or per 100 minutes is definitely disingenuous.

The problem with Podolski wasn't his goalscoring. It was most other things. Saying that, I'd have much preferred we hung on to him, he's an effective option from the bench, and to complete properly we need to have options as good as City and Chelsea to come in - that is, players they're probably paying not much less than 100k p/w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

efb wrote: »

We'll remind you of the 80k saving the week we call Sanogoals off the bench to try save a game and doesn't hopefully it makes you feel richer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

This tweet sums up the podolski situation

So whether you liked him or not, & whether you rated him or not, I'm not sure that him staying or leaving changes much for arsenal right now

This tweet sums up the podolski situation

So whether you liked him or not, & whether you rated him or not, I'm not sure that him staying or leaving changes much for arsenal right now

With a fully fit squad maybe not but with how we are now injury wise it could be regretted

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    With a fully fit squad maybe not but with how we are now injury wise it could be regretted

Even at the moment he still not getting a game

Surely our injury crisis won't get worse

Even at the moment he still not getting a game

Surely our injury crisis won't get worse

You reckon? Even Welbeck is injured now and historically he's been fine.

Maybe he'll pull a surprise out of the bag to offset this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

West Ham have brought in a Canadian defender. In readiness for Winston Reid's departure perhaps ?

11 in 33 (25+8) in his first season. (Plus 5 in 9 in cups including 4 in 6 in Europe)
    8 in 20 (14+6) in his second season. (Plus 1 in 6 in cups)

Not good enough to be first player on the bench?

11 in 33 (25+8) in his first season. (Plus 5 in 9 in cups including 4 in 6 in Europe)
    8 in 20 (14+6) in his second season. (Plus 1 in 6 in cups)

Not good enough to be first player on the bench?

his goal scoring is not in question but his support play, tracking back etc is.

Where did I read that Podolski scores more goals when he plays but Arsenal less?

Arseblog ****ing on about "the system" and how Podolski doesn't fit into it. http://arseblog.com/2015/01/timing-of-podolskis-loan-curious-not-the-loan-itself/

Giroud v Podolski for the last 2 full league seasons:
    16 in 36 vs 8 in 20 (14+6).
    11 in 34 (24+10) vs 11 in 33 (25+8)

Yet Giroud is vital to the feted system. Some people really will do anything to refuse to see what's right in front of them.

greendom wrote: »
    his goal scoring is not in question but his support play, tracking back etc is.

Where did I read that Podolski scores more goals when he plays but Arsenal less?

That's probably right but EFB was challenging his goal scoring efforts and ratio

Jan signings since 2009:
    2014: Kallstrom
    2013: Monreal
    2012: Eisfeld
    2011: Miyaichi
    2010: Campbell
    2009: Arshavin

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

I'd like to wish Pod all the best in Inter.

As far as a replacement I think Wenger must have a deal done. There is no way he could leave us short at another position. Or could he?

As far as a replacement I think Wenger must have a deal done. There is no way he could leave us short at another position. Or could he?

Are we short???

Giroud
    Welbeck
    Cambell
    Sanchez & Walcott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Like going into the season with 6 senior defenders?

I feel Giroud contributes far more to rge team than goals. Great a holding up the ball and retaining possession

I feel Giroud contributes far more to rge team than goals. Great a holding up the ball and retaining possession

And defensive headers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

This?

Yes!

Look, I get that you don't like him, that's fine. I took issue with you slating my post. I also have an issue with other viewpoints in here, but I tend to keep it civil tongued.

Your whole "Per can f**k off too"??

emmetlego wrote: »
    Yes!

Look, I get that you don't like him, that's fine. I took issue with you slating my post. I also have an issue with other viewpoints in here, but I tend to keep it civil tongued.

Your whole "Per can f**k off too"??

I wasn't attacking you. Per can fcuk off may have been a little harsh but his pisś poor performances of late have me on edge - their isn't enough Xanax for me to watch him lol
    Podolski seems like a nice guy- I don't not like him - but his return has left me dissapointed
    Apologies if you felt I was attacking you. It wasn't my intention

Right can we all be friends before the replay of the FA Cup final?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Agreed.

I think this (despite it being Hull) could be terribly tricky. They will be fired up to be-Jeysus for revenge and we are terribly weakened, and will likely rest Sanchez… Seriously, could he not have delayed Pods departure by a few days?? We could do with him!

Agreed.

I think this (despite it being Hull) could be terribly tricky. They will be fired up to be-Jeysus for revenge and we are terribly weakened, and will likely rest Sanchez… Seriously, could he not have delayed Pods departure by a few days?? We could do with him!

Give Campbell a go... And NoGoal guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Agreed.

And it's our only chance of silverware again imo.

• Advertisement

We could win the UCL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We could win the UCL...

I don't follow coursing at all :pac:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/football/30614334

Bruce not interested it seems...

PS: RE coursing, hare gets fcuked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Right can we all be friends before the replay of the FA Cup final?

Only if it is a replay of who wins!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm looking for a convincing win today.
    Come on you gunners

Looks like we should have the majority of the squad available against Stoke

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looks like we should have the majority of the squad available against Stoke

Do you mean 51%?

gosplan wrote: »
    Do you mean 51%?

"Should have"

Ozil
    Gnabry
    Walcott
    Ramsey
    Flamini
    Welbeck
    Giroud

All back

"Should have"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How was Gnabry out for so long??? Heard nothing about his injury despite him being our biggest youth talent by a mile.

#RedArmy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Wouldn't it be lovely wo win today and smash in 4 goals or so and suspend real life until next week again?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Our FA Cup tie against Hull is live on BBC1 today! COYG :D

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Shouldn't be a consideration of a fan. Podolski is infinitely better than Sanogo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

byrneg28 wrote: »
    you're having a f***in laugh mendoza.

He's been sarcastic. The video he posted is one of goals we conceded

no it wasnt.

It was the video where he cleared the ball off the lline when we was already 2:0 down

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

It was the video where he cleared the ball off the line when we was already 2:0 down

That was Debuchy.

no it wasnt.

It was the video where he cleared the ball off the lline when we was already 2:0 down

Meanwhile Koscielny was an interested spectator

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What channel(s) are we on today lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What channel(s) are we on today lads?

Good ol' BBC 1. It's been a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Good ol' BBC 1. It's been a while.

Just like it should be. It's not the same on ITV or BT imo...or maybe I'm just old-fashioned!

Pudders wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a consideration of a fan. Podolski is infinitely better than Sanogo.

Well when people have piśsing contests about wage bills

And in the real world it's very important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm disappointed we haven't had any signings in yet. I really think these things should be ready to go the moment the window opens, that extra month of having a player could be worth 3-4 points, which is an awful lot when things are tight.

I think everyone will be very pissed off by this window when we sign a backup CB and nobody else, couldn't imagine us splashing out much.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement