Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

BFG is back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Reverse physcology :D

Impressive gringo!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Feic ya McShane!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Paul mcshane like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

McShane :eek: What a clearance.

He's 36, mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Great clearance by McShane not bad for a 36 year old as the commentator on BBC said he was!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don't see Diaby on the bench.
    Thought he was back fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Love big Per. This is good so far. Should have at least 3.

I don't see Diaby on the bench.
    Thought he was back fit.

He got a paper cut pre game signing autographs, it got infected and will be out for 8 weeks!

• Advertisement

I know Hull are poor, but we are playing exceptionally well tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Some lovely football so far.

Counter attack is back with theo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

How tall is Ospina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

emmetlego wrote: »
    I know Hull are poor, but we are playing exceptionally well tonight!

We are playing well. But lets be honest they look like scoring anytime they hit us on the counter attack. Were so vulnerable to a sucker punch, we need to defend a lot better as a unit and not just as a back 4.

Asleep there :mad:

Coq forcing flamini out of the team for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've seen nothing so far in this game to suggest that Campbell deserves more game time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Campbell is trying too hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Campbell seems a little slow of thought at times

Great breakup play by Coq there!! If that was Flamini it would be a yellow and a free to Hull and under pressure!

co-commentator on setanta sounds like yer man Father Paul Stone in father ted

ironkiwi wrote: »
    Great breakup play by Coq there!! If that was Flamini it would be a yellow and a free to Hull and under pressure!

It's definitely what he does best much better than Flamini and Arteta at breaking it up, but you can see he is a level short positionaly and with ball at feet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Campbell has shown plenty,
    Hes learning to play the simple quick pass.
    Hes making and working his triangles.
    hes willing to take a shot.
    Hes even dictating to the senior players where he wants and expects them to be when he plays hte pass.
    hes been willing to take the ball of the feet of his teamamtes if he thinks hes in a better spot.
    Hes looks comfortable and doesnt seem phased or panicked. Has a bit of
    composure.

Why has it taken 20 matches for us to figure out that a corner taken deep and away form the GK gives you a better chance of scoring than those stupid corners that dont beat the first man .

pity the bbc have switched over to Im a Celebrity get me out of the jungle for the HT talk...

Agree with most of the sentiment here. Coquelin has been a great defensive mid so far, breaking up their play and in the right spot at the right time. Need to see more obviously, but definite promise. Campbell? Meh… He's trying, but showing nothing to me that suggests stardom!!!

• Advertisement

And there I was thinking Campbell has contributed well today. Not spectacular but he is trying to make things happen. Much better player out wide than Podolski.

Are there two Campbell's?

emmetlego wrote: »
    Agree with most of the sentiment here. Coquelin has been a great defensive mid so far, breaking up their play and in the right spot at the right time. Need to see more obviously, but definite promise. Campbell? Meh… He's trying, but showing nothing to me that suggests stardom!!!
    Who suggested stardom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

****ing ridiculous that in the 4/5 set pieces we've had since the corner we scored from going back post we have gone short every time. We really do have a team of players with no cop on.

I'm pleased with Campbell so far, he's improving and would make a decent squad player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

We need to remember who Coquelin is up against here and not get carried away...It's one thing looking good against Hull but in his years with us, there's nothing to suggest that he could step up and not be out of his depth against the likes of Chelsea or City.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I'm pleased with Campbell so far, he's improving and would make a decent squad player

It's like people are expecting him to blitz the game straight away or that's it.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    It's like people are expecting him to blitz the game straight away or that's it.

That's the way it is nowadays!

bad2dabone wrote: »
    That's the way it is nowadays!

Except players like ozil drogba Suarez need time to settle in to the premier league.

We need to remember who Coquelin is up against here and not get carried away...It's one thing looking good against Hull but in his years with us, there's nothing to suggest that he could step up and not be out of his depth against the likes of Chelsea or City.

Ah yeah definitely for me he is way to poor on the ball he is not a solution but doing s decent enough job while we're fcuked with injuries

Who suggested stardom?

Now, now, calm down, it was very tongue in cheek, as per the amount of exclamation marks.

Personally he's not doing it for me. As I've said, I've been most impressed by Coq so far, albeit opposition allowed for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Only said I was in Merc incase anyone was in! Well I've learned my fcuking lesson

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's definitely what he does best much better than Flamini and Arteta at breaking it up, but you can see he is a level short positionaly and with ball at feet

Which will hopefully become better with more game time if so he can become a solid DMF for us.

efb wrote: »
    Only said I was in Merc incase anyone was in! Well I've learned my fcuking lesson

Why?

Rosicky is a fantastic little player reminds me a bit of Luka Modric. Only thing I would criticise him for is he hasnt really got an end product to his game, doesnt score enough for me.

• Advertisement

Which will hopefully become better with more game time if so he can become a solid DMF for us.

He's 23 now and hasn't come on enough before out of contract in the summer, way to wasteful with the ball at this level

Not suggesting he becomes our first choice DMF but with Arteta near the end and Flamini not good enough, Coq if he continues to improve will become a good backup DMF for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Don't like this. We're a miles better team, but need a second, sharpish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why?

Glib comment about is this fb or boards

Soups123 wrote: »
    He's 23 now and hasn't come on enough before out of contract in the summer, way to wasteful with the ball at this level

I wouldn't agree that he is way too wasteful on the ball. He will be good backup if he keeps playing at this standard.

I don't see this performance as being anything better than average.
    We are creating very little against a poor outfit.
    We need to step this up and make sure we don't allow them in for a goal and have to face a replay.
    Far too slow on the build up for me and too many players needlessly giving the ball away.

I wouldn't agree that he is way too wasteful on the ball. He will be good backup if he keeps playing at this standard.

He's a decent 3rd / 4th choice at best

How can you not see his wastefulness with the ball it's constant

We need to step this up and make sure we don't allow them in for a goal and have to face a replay.
    Far too slow on the build up for me and too many players needlessly giving the ball away.

Absolutely, especially since half time. Very pedestrian… A dangerous game!

The annoying thing about it is we will only start playing again if they score. Seems no urgency or killer instinct in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Walcott only at 60% pace atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement