Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I thought we looked devoid of any pressure today for the 1st time in a long time , also he may have played poor enough but i thought Campbell did okay , lets not forget he hasn't had a proper game in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

greendom wrote: »
    I really hate it after a loss ;-)

Ya get some debate going though

Even if a lot of it is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I really hate it after a loss ;-)

Our football was poor enough today though.
    Would love to see the stats for pass completion.

Second half was very poor

Bar Cazorla the rest don't retain the ball well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I thought it went exactly how we needed.

A win, not overly exhausting, nice simple pace, not under any real pressure and 70 minutes for Theo and 7 days to our next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Delighted with the win today and dont get me wrong I dont want to sound negative but unless we strengthen the spine of the team with genuine top class players it will continue to be one step forward and 2 steps back for us. If Hull had any end product today I think the scoreline would of being a lot different. We have to start changing our transfer policy and bringing in players with a bit of physicality to there game, leadership qualities are something we lack hugely throughout our squad too.

Good result, very average performance. 6.5/10 for me with Sanchez being by far the best player on the pitch again (different class)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hope not he is a useful squad player, he is not out answer at DM

But better than flamini

Still to be convinced of that. His distribution is not as good and today was no real test it would have been a walk in the park for Flamini.

But look how poorly we performed without him when we were against a much better team in Southampton.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Delighted with the win today and dont get me wrong I dont want to sound negative but unless we strengthen the spine of the team with genuine top class players it will continue to be one step forward and 2 steps back for us. If Hull had any end product today I think the scoreline would of being a lot different. We have to start changing our transfer policy and bringing in players with a bit of physicality to there game, leadership qualities are something we lack hugely throughout our squad too.

Good result, very average performance. 6.5/10 for me with Sanchez being by far the best player on the pitch again (different class)

I thought he was certainly the best player but ably supported by Rosicky and Cazorla.

Sanchez 16 (10)
    Welbeck 7 (4)
    Giroud 6 (5)
    Ramsey 6 (3)
    Cazorla 5 (4)
    Podolski 3(0)
    Ox 2(1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Wilshere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)
    Chambers 1 (1)
    Debuchy 1 (1)
    Arteta 1 (0)
    Sanogo 1(0)
    Rosicky 1(1)
    Mertersacker 1 (0)

Goals scored (League goals in brackets)

I thought he was certainly the best player but ably supported by Rosicky and Cazorla.

The thing with Sanchez is he can play at that level on a consistent basis like all world class players, sadly Cazorla and Rosicky cant. Cazorla has me baffled lately, no doubting his talent but he goes missing far too often for my liking, not only him it goes for most of this squad of players. Too many players only showing up every 2nd or 3rd game its just not good enough.

• Advertisement

The thing with Sanchez is he can play at that level on a consistent basis like all world class players, sadly Cazorla and Rosicky cant. Cazorla has me baffled lately, no doubting his talent but he goes missing far too often for my liking, not only him it goes for most of this squad of players. Too many players only showing up every 2nd or 3rd game its just not good enough.

I agree in general but Cazorla's form has been red hot for the last couple of months. He didn't play well against Southampton but who did ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

In Wenger we trust

I agree in general but Cazorla's form has been red hot for the last couple of months. He didn't play well against Southampton but who did ?

Cazorla was very poor for the first 3 or 4 months of the season. He is an important first team player for us so its really not good enough for him to start playing well when its half way through the season. Its not just Santi, its the same with Ramsey, Wilshere, Mertesacker this season, key players not performing on a consistent basis.

Cazorla was very poor for the first 3 or 4 months of the season. He is an important first team player for us so its really not good enough for him to start playing well when its half way through the season. Its not just Santi, its the same with Ramsey, Wilshere, Mertesacker this season, key players not performing on a consistent basis.

It's no surprise to me that Cazorla has started performing once Wilshere was no longer in the side.

Reports of a big falling out between wenger and scez happened in the dressing room after southampton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

4th round draw on the BBC tomorrow night before the Wimbledon/Liverpool game!

Reports of a big falling out between wenger and scez happened in the dressing room after southampton

Read that too - talk that he won't play again for us this season. Was he on the bench today ?

Read that too - talk that he won't play again for us this season. Was he on the bench today ?

If he was shouting at wenger like that I hope he don't

He wasn't on the bench today no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Still to be convinced of that. His distribution is not as good and today was no real test it would have been a walk in the park for Flamini.

But look how poorly we performed without him when we were against a much better team in Southampton.

Sure we will never know how we would have played with him the last two games.

Don't get the point here.

• Advertisement

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Sure we will never know how we would have played with him the last two games.

Don't get the point here.

Simply that it's too early to judge whether Coquelin is an improvement on Flamini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

No wasn't on the bench.

Needed to be dropped tbh. You just can't get away with a performance like that scot free. Hopefully it'll be a kick up the hole for him - he was excellent against WHU and that needs to become his standard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Simply that it's too early to judge whether Coquelin is an improvement on Flamini

Ah fair enough just didn't understand the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about issues with stewards and people being ejected from the game today. Anyone know any of the details?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Soups123 wrote: »
    I thought it went exactly how we needed.

A win, not overly exhausting, nice simple pace, not under any real pressure and 70 minutes for Theo and 7 days to our next game

I was pleased with the win. We missed a load if chances in the first half. A better team would have punished us perhaps, for those misses. Still it was good to see Wenger trying several fringe players. Coquelin was lucky to stay on, a red in my book. Campbell was all over the shop... A win is a win.

• Advertisement

Any idea the gist of the falling out?

I hope Chesney would have more respect for the man who has gave him his chance to play at the highest level.

Any idea the gist of the falling out?

I hope Chesney would have more respect for the man who has gave him his chance to play at the highest level.

From what I can gather wenger has a pop at him for his performance and secz threw his toys out of his pram

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

From what I can gather wenger has a pop at him for his performance and secz threw his toys out of his pram

Sound like it's not only us fans who can do it :)

Cant really blame the boss if thats true. Far too many times he has let us down, with it being either costly blunders or been sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Steve Bould is the source apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Since we're into January I think its time to bring back the daily transfer news days.

So...

Daily Transfer news updates
    Loïc Perrin says he has been contacted personally by Arsenal & that Wenger is interested in him.

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC/status/551844729948999680

http://www.goal.com/fr/news/31/angleterre/2015/01/04/7654942/asse-oui-il-y-a-eu-des-contacts-avec-arsenal?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

For people that don't know much about him, he was one of the best defenders in Ligue 1 last season. Not to sure how he's getting on now.

Wenger doing his job, Schez believing his own hype

Delighted we won, i know its not fb, but missed 3/4 of the game getting home. Phone dying stuck it to airplane mode- Delighted to read Sanchez scored.

hope we can use this as a catalyst for the season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Delighted to be through. If Szc has acted the muppet Ill be delighted if the boss bins him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Very happy with the win. Don't exactly know what he brings to the team but I think when Giroud plays we are a lot calmer and much more focused and that we could have done with him today.

Although I think Welbeck can bring a lot to the team, I don't think playing him and Giroud together works all that well. Even though they seem to have a good understanding, they both seem to occupy the same space when attacking, almost getting in each other's way.

I would like to see Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott as our front three for a while., as I reckon they would do a lot of damage.

In a way, I hope we don't sign Cavani. I have never seen him play well (not that I have seen a whole lot of him) but it would be a distraction of where we actually need players. Between Giroud coming back (and finally scoring against big teams), Walcott's return and Sanchez there are far more crucial places to fill.

Performance was just about fine. Now for the serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

I dont normally post here about transfers etc as there is alot of hype and very little substance, but fluffing about between Arteta and especially Flamini and Coquelin isn't good enough.
    Please please Arsene by start of next season buy a quality DM that is nailed on first choice in our team. Ozil Walcott Wilshere Cazorla Ramsey Sanchez etc are the equal of any team in the Premiership. Please fill the gap and push everyone on. We can be the team we want to be.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seeing a lot of stuff on Twitter about issues with stewards and people being ejected from the game today. Anyone know any of the details?

Apparently some people wouldn't sit down. Seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

CatInABox wrote: »
    Apparently some people wouldn't sit down. Seriously.

Everyone stood for the whole City match, the stewards half heartily asked people to sit down then just walked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Look he's a professional footballer and shouldn't need to be mollycoddled to get the best out of him.

If you're givin a chance you need to prove yourself.
    Its really that simple.

Whats sanoogo and apkrom done to be getting more playing times them cambell?

That was only cambells 2nd start.

Hardly comes off the bench either

• Advertisement

Whats sanoogo and apkrom done to be getting more playing times them cambell?

That was only cambells 2nd start.

Hardly comes off the bench either

Well for a start, they're totally different types of players. Sanogo and Akpom are 6'+ tall centre forwards.

Campbell has been hyped too much. He's a nice enough player, but I can't see any way into the starting 11 for him. He doesn't seem very quick either.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Everyone stood for the whole City match, the stewards half heartily asked people to sit down then just walked on.

Wouldn't have a problem with standing for a match myself, I've spent plenty of time freezing my toes off in terraces, and I'd be a supporter of the safe standing zones in stadiums in England.

I can see how it can become a problem though, what with older people going to games that can't stand up, and younger folk as well. If it was designated as a standing zone, you wouldn't have this problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

After watching the game last night and the way Sanchez was dragging centre backs out to let Campbell and Walcott run in behind.. I really think Sanchez is capable of becoming a False 9

Now I'm no Pep Guardiola but maybe some of you could give me your opinions on that?

If the rumours are true about bringing Cech in, perhaps that's the end of Szczesney as an Arsenal player. Must admit it's a swap I'd be delighted with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

If the rumours are true about bringing Cech in, perhaps that's the end of Szczesney as an Arsenal player. Must admit it's a swap I'd be delighted with.

It's paper talk. There's no way Wenger is getting rid of Szczesny after one game.. look at the way he treats other players?

"Jose thanks Mark Schwarzer for being a fantastic professional and says there is no chance of Petr Cech leaving," said Chelsea on Twitter. (BBC Sport)

No need to get rid of scez a spell on the bench and an hopefully and attitude change will do fine

byrneg28 wrote: »
    It's paper talk. There's no way Wenger is getting rid of Szczesny after one game.. look at the way he treats other players?

"Jose thanks Mark Schwarzer for being a fantastic professional and says there is no chance of Petr Cech leaving," said Chelsea on Twitter. (BBC Sport)

wishful thinking - not that I don't rate Sczez, just that Cech is a better keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ridiculous to see people believing twitter rumours about Szc, wasn't Bould supposed to have been sacked 2 months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

No need to get rid of scez a spell on the bench and an hopefully and attitude change will do fine

his had that before and still hasnt changed much tbh

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Ridiculous to see people believing twitter rumours about Szc, wasn't Bould supposed to have been sacked 2 months ago?

I did preface my post with if the rumours are true - and this is, after all, the Arsenal/Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement