Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Only saw the second half today but we played very well.
    Sanchez is absolutely brilliant.
    We seem to have started very well too. When we start well we do well.
    Now hope we have a strong team for next week against City away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Only saw the second half today but we played very well.
    Sanchez is absolutely brilliant.
    We seem to have started very well too. When we start well we do well.
    Now hope we have a strong team for next week against City away.

I would prefer to keep most of the starting team as it was today.
    I expect lots of defending required, players needing to cover lots of ground.
    Ozil, Walcott and Ramsey offer different attributes to the game, just that they will be coming back from injuries and might not be 100% there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

emmetlego wrote: »
    Any word on Matty's injury yet? They said on Sky that they'd hear from Wenger at full time because he was getting a X Ray straight after going down the tunnel...

I'll answer myself so! :)

Dislocated shoulder. no announcement on return date…

I reckon… Could be back within a couple of weeks I imagine depending if the ortho surgeons decide if it needs pins or not. Tricky injuries to keep right. :(

F**k you Stoke, f**k you!!!

On a positive side, Bellerin did very well. An able deputy!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Debuchy has dislocated shoulder.

That could be either 1 or 2 weeks out if he lets it heal on its own or a few months (2? I think) if he gets surgery.

Bellerin and defense was good today but I fear for them against city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

well done Arsene and the team, great performance.
    I felt we added some physicality to our game for this match given the muckers we were playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

With Debuchy out for at least a match or two getting a CH bought early this week would be great give them a day or two with the team before subbing next weekend and then a full week before starting against Brighton to give someone a decent break, Kos or Mert. Not too optimistic though. This would give Chambers a chance of a rest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Schneiderlin is the player we need if that means waiting until the summer we should

A superb player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

salmocab wrote: »
    With Debuchy out for at least a match or two getting a CH bought early this week would be great give them a day or two with the team before subbing next weekend and then a full week before starting against Brighton to give someone a decent break, Kos or Mert. Not too optimistic though. This would give Chambers a chance of a rest too.
    subbing ?

fair play to the Saints. Looks like we might have to keep an eye on them until the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Would love if we could snatch Alexandre Lacazette in the summer window scored another 2 for Lyon this evening. Class striker.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    subbing ?

Cant see us buying someone good enough to walk in to starting 11 so I'm sure it will be Mert and Kos next week again and Chambers or Bellerin at RB giving a newbie a nice soft start then its another week to what should be an easy enough cup game. But as I said not optimistic.

salmocab wrote: »
    Cant see us buying someone good enough to walk in to starting 11 so I'm sure it will be Mert and Kos next week again and Chambers or Bellerin at RB giving a newbie a nice soft start then its another week to what should be an easy enough cup game. But as I said not optimistic.

At the moment, I would vote Bellerin for RB against City, cause of the better pace.
    But neither of them are ideal against City. Missing Debuchy is a big thing.

Happy with the result from OT think its more likely Southampton will fall away a bit during the rest of the season so this will probably suit us better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Would love if we could snatch Alexandre Lacazette in the summer window scored another 2 for Lyon this evening. Class striker.

He's lethal!
    I'd imagine he'd cost quite a pretty penny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Schneiderlin is the player we need if that means waiting until the summer we should

A superb player

To be honest I would overpay for him right now. Throw a 25-30 million offer their way and they wouldnt reject. Same with Bony at Swansea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's lethal!
    I'd imagine he'd cost quite a pretty penny.

True but his only 23 and his services would defiantly pay off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I wouldn't say Southampton will fade away at all , They'll be right up there till the end can definitley see Man United dropping more points

I wouldn't say Southampton will fade away at all , They'll be right up there till the end can definitley see Man United dropping more points

Don't think they will fade away but can see them dropping a few more points than Utd so come May I can see us and utd in the driving seat for 3/4 place but certainly Southampton will be right up there but I think they will need someone to blow their run in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Raf32 wrote: »
    To be honest I would overpay for him right now. Throw a 25-30 million offer their way and they wouldnt reject. Same with Bony at Swansea.

He won't leave in January. Southampton are competing with us for a champions league place and they won't sell unless it's crazy money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I like the lad but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need, it's a media driven signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Nonsense, sczcesny's distribution is one of the worst in the league. Ospina for me for next 10 games, see what he's made of

Check the stats and come back to me. He had the best distribution success rate in the league last year.

So no, he's not one of the worst in the league. You're the one talking nonsense.

A superb player

Agreed.

We won't be signing him on account of a number of factors but he'd essentially be a like for like replacement for Arteta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Great day to be a gooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

cson wrote: »
    Check the stats and come back to me. He had the best distribution success rate in the league last year.

Id say Sanga had a lot to do with that. He was superb in the air and was the focal point of most of out kickouts.

Good performance today. Wish we would get a defender in sooner rather then later though

Soups123 wrote: »
    I like the lad but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we need, it's a media driven signing

No way soups he is exactly what we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

That Sanchez lad is pure class, not too bad at the old football. Glad to see kos back such a warrior.

I would be more interested in a Wanyama-style player, someone commanding, who would stop traffic coming from the other side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I think he ment Lacazette.

schneiderlin is a no brainer

I think he is more box to box and better on the forward moving part of the game, I think he is a better Arteta, in an ideal world I'd prefere a Matic type player I just don't think he matches what people are articulating on here as the DM we need

I know your preference is a ball moving improvement on Arteta which is fair enough

I thought ozil looked a lot bigger when he came on today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Me too, he definitely beefed up a bit.
    He also made a sliding tackle too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

B7GBMgyIQAAu_nM.jpg

B7GBMgXIIAACZvK.jpg

Definite difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

B7F7p8RIQAIBT8L.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is it the tight jerseys:)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

20 minutes to go the stadium announcer announced to the Orc fans how there was train trouble and they had to go to a different station and change trains later.

que singing:
    3-0 down and you can't get home!

Horrible team. Brilliant result.

Give alexia player of the season trophy now.

Would usually be expecting Southampton to drop away but they've stuck around longer than the usual for a team popping up the table. 10 wins would do them from the 17 matches left. The 17 matches left are Chelsea and City away, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and Swansea at home and then the rest of the table from 10th down. Based on how they've done so far they probably should get 4th, though it'd be hard to be too critical if they don't.
    They've beaten us and United as their first 2 matches since the halfway-point which is pretty feckin decent.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Is it the tight jerseys:)

I reckon he might just have bulked up a small bit too be fair. The break might prove to be a blessing. Although its lamentable in a way that a tidy player like Ozil has to bulk up to survive in the premier league because of the likes of Stoke City.

Would usually be expecting Southampton to drop away but they've stuck around longer than the usual for a team popping up the table. 10 wins would do them from the 17 matches left. The 17 matches left are Chelsea and City away, Spurs, West Ham, Liverpool and Swansea at home and then the rest of the table from 10th down. Based on how they've done so far they probably should get 4th, though it'd be hard to be too critical if they don't.
    They've beaten us and United as their first 2 matches since the halfway-point which is pretty feckin decent.

As things intensify and injuries grow, dont be surprised if one or more of the bottom ten teams take a scalp. I wouldnt begrudge Southampton however i think we'll get top four and i can see United taking third.

As things intensify and injuries grow, dont be surprised if one or more of the bottom ten teams take a scalp.
    Against us or Southampton? :P

Against us or Southampton? :P

Perhaps both :P Although id fancy us to finish stronger tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

good win today. why diddnt we play like that away against stoke?

Beating city away could be the turning point for the club as a whole

good win today. why diddnt we play like that away against stoke?

Because football ain't that simple! Already nervous for next week

Soups123 wrote: »
    Because football ain't that simple! Already nervous for next week

maybe thats how fergie won so many titles. he questioned his players and gave them that mentality that there is no way in hell a little small club will beat us today.

Our players need that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Beating city away could be the turning point for the club as a whole

Well that would definitely be a change.
    We need to start winning away games against the Big 3. Southampton could go to OT today and get 3 points and this is something that seems to be beyond us.
    We need to concentrate on the mental side of football too.

I feel we will have to step up and win some of these big games this season as we are 12 points behind where we were last season after 21 games.
    We could still finish 3rd which would be great.

maybe thats how fergie won so many titles. he questioned his players and gave them that mentality that there is no way in hell a little small club will beat us today.

Our players need that

Maybe and given its that simple why doesn't every manager just do it?

Stoke away is very different to Stoke at home that said to be as good as we want to be we need to be beating Stoke, Swansea, Southampton etc away from home with the odd loss acceptable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

Good performance and result today. Nice to get a clean sheet too.

I can see us beating City next week. They look a different team with Toure missing from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Good performance and result today. Nice to get a clean sheet too.

I can see us beating City next week. They look a different team with Toure missing from midfield.

If we can survive the first twenty mins (which we are capable of) we could well beat them.

Felt like something had changed today. Seemed stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Thanks for putting up the link to the FA Cup final, a great watch

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We've been here before lads, beating a crap team well at home, I wouldn't be jumping the gun about City yet. We've been awful away from home again this season against the big teams though the fact we got a draw in Anfield gives me hope. Mind you, we do tend to approach City with a different mentality to the others though and the 5-3 last season wrongly gets lumped in with the embarassing results at Liverpoole, Chelsea and Everton as anyone could have won that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We've been here before lads, beating a crap team well at home, I wouldn't be jumping the gun about City yet. We've been awful away from home again this season against the big teams though the fact we got a draw in Anfield gives me hope. Mind you, we do tend to approach City with a different mentality to the others though and the 5-3 last season wrongly gets lumped in with the embarassing results at Liverpoole, Chelsea and Everton as anyone could have won that game.

6*-3

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement