Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

byrneg28 wrote: »
    6*-3

Woops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Maybe I'm being overly critical of him cos I like him so much as a player. But I thought Ozil was immediately back to his fed up face the moment he loses a ball. I though after such a long time out he would be buzzing with excitement just to be playing again. Must be just the way he is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Lloris is operating on another level. Begovic is a notch down but still slightly better than Chesney imo.

Didn't look too much better today. Should've saved both of Sanchez's goals. A touch of Flapianski at his worst about the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Christ match of the day showing negative
    Parts of Sanchez game, and how to stop him.

Seriously what in gods name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Christ match of the day showing negative
    Parts of Sanchez game, and how to stop foul him.

Seriously what in gods name.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »
    Didn't look too much better today. Should've saved both of Sanchez's goals. A touch of Flapianski at his worst about the last one.

Both goals? Bit harsh. Should of done better for the second one alright but nothing he could of done about his first, very clever finish it was. Only for Begovic it was 6 or 7 nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just back in Dublin after a great day at the Emirates. The auld Red Membership is very convenient.
    Couple of quick thoughts on the game:

Alexis is pure sex.

Nacho was excellent today, not his biggest fan but he really linked up well down the left with Alexis and Santi.

Early signs of Alexis, Ozil, Theo and Santi linking up were positive. Think we should find a way to get them all in the team.

David Ospina has an awesome little chant, could people hear that on TV?

Alexis is pure sex.

Both goals? Bit harsh. Should of done better for the second one alright but nothing he could of done about his first, very clever finish it was. Only for Begovic it was 6 or 7 nil.

When a keeper is beaten at the near post it's always the keepers fault. First rule of goalkeeping is watch your near post,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The first goal stoke defended so badly. The free kick, beg probably seen it very late as it wenttthrough the wall but should have got enough to keep it out. Third goal he should have guarded his near post better. Not a good day at the office for him and if those goals were scored against Synz we'd be saying the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We've been here before lads, beating a crap team well at home, I wouldn't be jumping the gun about City yet. We've been awful away from home again this season against the big teams though the fact we got a draw in Anfield gives me hope. Mind you, we do tend to approach City with a different mentality to the others though and the 5-3 last season wrongly gets lumped in with the embarassing results at Liverpoole, Chelsea and Everton as anyone could have won that game.

we scored 3 past city and tbh city had to play at there very very best to beat us there.

That is why i said that if we beat them at there own ground it could be a turning point for this whole club

When a keeper is beaten at the near post it's always the keepers fault. First rule of goalkeeping is watch your near post,

True, but you could also say it was all part if Alexis' master plan. As they showed on sky, because Alexis had tried to curl one in at the far post earlier, Begovic was in two minds, and shifted his weight to the wrong foot before the shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I was very impressed with Coquelin yesterday.

At one point Monreal was attacking and the ball was lost, Begovic immediately hoofed the ball to Monreal's position to take advantage but Coquelin had stepped back to win the easy header to stop the counter. Exactly what you need from your DM. I know it was only Stoke at home but good to see he has that positional awareness. His distribution can get better but he has been better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

He's doing a decent job and staking his claim for a place in the squad.Fair play to him for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

good win today. why diddnt we play like that away against stoke?

Stoke away are a far tougher prospect. We've beaten them at home 11 times in a row (going back to '83), but haven't won there in 5 attempts. Stoke have had some big scalps away from home this season though in fairness. Everton, Spurs & City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Feel for Debuchy only back then injured.

Just as were getting players back our curse strikes again.

If he needs surgery it's 2 months out:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

B7F9VC7IYAA4md1.jpg

Mesut used his time out wisely.

Christ he was very slight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

B7F9VC7IYAA4md1.jpg

Have to say, I was confused a couple of times thought it was Giroud when his back was to the screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I was very impressed with Coquelin yesterday.

At one point Monreal was attacking and the ball was lost, Begovic immediately hoofed the ball to Monreal's position to take advantage but Coquelin had stepped back to win the easy header to stop the counter. Exactly what you need from your DM. I know it was only Stoke at home but good to see he has that positional awareness. His distribution can get better but he has been better than expected.

Potty mouth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Any update on Debuchy? Cant find anything yet meself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Any update on Debuchy? Cant find anything yet meself

I'd personally say, because it's so quiet, that he is undergoing surgery, meaning he'll be out for a couple of months. If surgery wasn't required they usually come out straight away and say it!

Purely educated guess work mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Thinking cynically for a second, it might not be a massively bad thing. With him being thrown in at CB and playing quite well there, Wenger's hand wasnt forced in recruiting a new defender. He absolutely has to now, if Debuchy is indeed gone for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I would agree with you there Emmet now I think about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭GBXI

B7F9VC7IYAA4md1.jpg

I don't mean to be insulting but people can be so stupid. It's clear as day that he looks bigger because he is wearing a skin tight jersey in the second photo and not in the first!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

keano_afc wrote: »
    Thinking cynically for a second, it might not be a massively bad thing. With him being thrown in at CB and playing quite well there, Wenger's hand wasnt forced in recruiting a new defender. He absolutely has to now, if Debuchy is indeed gone for a while.

We're still short a defender, an experienced defender, nothing good about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was thinking the same way too BUT Wenger might not be thinking that way at all.

Was thinking the same way too BUT Wenger might not be thinking that way at all.

He surely has to bring in at least some defensive cover?? Ideally somebody that can take over Mertesackers position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

GBXI wrote: »
    I don't mean to be insulting but people can be so stupid. It's clear as day that he looks bigger because he is wearing a skin tight jersey in the second photo and not in the first!

Comparing two photos of him wearing the skin tight jersey before and after his injury, you can clearly see the difference, particularly in his neck and shoulders. A number of us noticed it, we can't all be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Yesterday with Henry and Pires above the North Bank, when Theo was put through by Alexis, the north bank sang

Thierry Henry, would have scored that

Poor old Theo.

Comparing two photos of him wearing the skin tight jersey before and after his injury, you can clearly see the difference, particularly in his neck and shoulders. A number of us noticed it, we can't all be wrong.

His legs are bigger also. Look at his lower thigh definition. That might have been for knee strength but he's definitley been doing leg training.. his arms and chest look bigger too

• Advertisement

Pudders wrote: »
    Yesterday with Henry and Pires above the North Bank, when Theo was put through by Alexis, the north bank sang

Poor old Theo.

He would have though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

He surely has to bring in at least some defensive cover?? Ideally somebody that can take over Mertesackers position.

Indeed but I thought he'd have somebody lined up before the window opened and have him signed by now. So now i'm not so sure. I know there is plenty of time left but I thought we'd have done our business early.

Indeed but I thought he'd have somebody lined up before the window opened and have him signed by now. So now i'm not so sure. I know there is plenty of time left but I thought we'd have done our business early.
    We're doing no business except perhaps the usual last minute scram around the market for a bargain/crock.

We're doing no business except perhaps the usual last minute scram around the market for a bargain/crock.

Wenger does my head in at times. Everybody can see it that we need bodies brought in, were always 1 injury away from a defensive crisis. He is his own worst enemy at time the stubborn oul git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He still signed Sanchez

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Pudders wrote: »

Poor old Theo.

More of a nod to Thierry in the crowd, they immediately started the 'Theo, Theo' chant as soon as they finished singing the Henry one.

Wenger does my head in at times. Everybody can see it that we need bodies brought in, were always 1 injury away from a defensive crisis. He is his own worst enemy at time the stubborn oul git.

I think since he so used to last day scramble Bargain buys...he can't bring himself to finish the deals early and pay premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We're still short a defender, an experienced defender, nothing good about it.

We can now buy a defender, an experienced defender.

I think since he so used to last day scramble Bargain buys...he can't bring himself to finish the deals early and pay premium.

Its akin to Simon Cowell shopping in Penneys. We have the money so why not pay whatever it takes to get the best players available. It worked wonderfully with Sanchez.

Its akin to Simon Cowell shopping in Penneys. We have the money so why not pay whatever it takes to get the best players available. It worked wonderfully with Sanchez.

Old habits die hard...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

We can now buy a defender, an experienced defender.

We already need to buy a defender, so loosing one, then buying one leaves us in the exact same position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We already need to buy a defender, so loosing one, then buying one leaves us in the exact same position.

He's not gone for good is he ?

greendom wrote: »
    He's not gone for good is he ?

I think he is on about Vermaelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I see after all the guff on here that Chelsea's wage bill is still 30m more than ours

I see after all the guff on here that Chelsea's wage bill is still 30m more than ours

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Last season's figures so it doesn't take into account Sanchez, Welbeck, Chambers, Ostinato etc. So add another 15m at least. Whereas Chelsea got rid of Cole, Lampard and Torres who were all on 175k pw.

There's only a few million between them at most.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Lukker- wrote: »
    Last season's figures so it doesn't take into account Sanchez, Welbeck, Chambers, Ostinato etc. So add another 15m at least. Whereas Chelsea got rid of Cole, Lampard and Torres who were all on 175k pw.

There's only a few million between them at most.

Costa, Fabregas, Drogba, Remy, Luiz and Zouma would bring it back up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Chelsea are definitely still paying most of Torres' wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Though I hate to say it, we are obviously stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

AdamD wrote: »
    Chelsea are definitely still paying most of Torres' wages

I don't see how you've worked that one out when he is 100% owned by Milan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement