Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Great player but such a knob lol https://vine.co/v/ODiFLTrFiZJ

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Henry not impressed either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

fulmer1984 wrote: »

What's it all about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I'd imagine Ronaldo is saying a big fcuk you to Messi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Raf32 wrote: »
    Costa, Fabregas, Drogba, Remy, Luiz and Zouma would bring it back up though.

Hilarious how he left them out but included Arsenals signings :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

fulmer1984 wrote: »

He's probably still trying to figure out how he never won it himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How cute :P

uDY4xVq.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Chelsea have a better CF, DMF and GK than us, that's all.

There shouldn't be much difference in terms if wages.

All their decent players cost quite a lot though and given now they can't really sell assets like Luiz and Mata for ridiculous sums, it might be hard for them to replenish their squad.

We should have a bigger budget too as I imagine we make a bit more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

gosplan wrote: »
    Chelsea have a better CF, DMF and GK than us, that's all.

I think only Koscielney, Sanchez and Ozil would make the Chelsea starting XI if I am being brutally honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

So YaYa Sanonegoal is going to Crystal Palace on loan?? Good move for both sides, good for YaYa to get game time...

• Advertisement

emmetlego wrote: »
    So YaYa Sanonegoal is going to Crystal Palace on loan?? Good move for both sides, good for YaYa to get game time...

Him and Chamackh will make a fine pair on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He could be a decent player but what are Palace playing at taking a chance on him? Cant score and doesnt look up to it to keep them up. Strange move.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I think only Koscielney, Sanchez and Ozil would make the Chelsea starting XI if I am being brutally honest.

Depends on system but not much in it. Hard to bench Walcott if he's on form but Hazard would get in over him alright.

Defo Ramsey last year was better than anything Oscar/Ramires etc has ever produced.

Ivanovic is the standout full back in both teams. Beyond that, there's not that much in it.

My point though is ...

ivanovic(9m) - Cahill(7m) - Terry(free) - Azpi(7m)
    Matic(21m)
    Oscar(25m)
    Hazard(32m) - Fab(30m) - Willian(30m)
    Costa(32m)

Total - 193m

Debuchy(12m) - Mert(10m) - Kos(10m) - Gibbs(free)
    Arteta(10m)
    Ramsey(5m)
    Walcott(9m) - Ozil(42m) - Sanchez(35m)
    Giroud(13m)

Total - 146m

Take out Ozil and Sanchez and we're far far inferior in terms of spend.

Wages are more of less indifferent as a benchmark if we've paid half as much for a lot of our players.

Thankfully we seem to be at the same table as them now and if FFP is true, we might even have a slight advantage.

In the last year, they've made about 110million from selling Mata, Luiz and Lukaku. don't think they have that many more that they could sell for anything close to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Gringo180 wrote: »

I'd take Cazorla on current form over Willian.

Giggling aloud after reading a conversation on the Arsenalmania forum…

AM member 1:
    "I'll never understand Arsenal fans who think fit Wilshere aint one of our main guys"

AM member 2:
    "What's a fit jack wilshere? I don't believe we have one of those. Is that like a fit Abu diaby?"

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sorry lads was away

Them figures came from that Swiss ramble fella on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Soups123 wrote: »
    What's it all about?

Alfie?

(Sorry)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

He's probably still trying to figure out how he never won it himself.

I'm still trying to figure that out.

Makes me sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Walcott. .when he's bad he's bad... my memory ain't great... how long before he starts to look like a footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mathieu-debuchy-could-face-three-4968429#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Not great, two unlucky injuries but was always a tad injury prone before. Really like him as a player though.

Jenko should be recalled now tbh.

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mathieu-debuchy-could-face-three-4968429#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Not great, two unlucky injuries but was always a tad injury prone before. Really like him as a player though.

They're absolute **** for using that photo of him when he's clearly in agony :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'm still trying to figure that out.

Makes me sick.

agreed, don't know how he did not win it in 2003-04.

cremeegg wrote: »
    Walcott. .when he's bad he's bad... my memory ain't great... how long before he starts to look like a footballer

Do you realise how serious an injury he's coming back from or are you just trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Stoke escape punishment quelle surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

efb wrote: »
    Stoke escape punishment quelle surprise

I couldn't believe it wasn't a free kick even. He clearly shoved him while he was in the air and it was a really dangerous place to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

:(

Why always us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Depends on system but not much in it. Hard to bench Walcott if he's on form but Hazard would get in over him alright.

Defo Ramsey last year was better than anything Oscar/Ramires etc has ever produced.

Ivanovic is the standout full back in both teams. Beyond that, there's not that much in it.

My point though is ...

ivanovic(9m) - Cahill(7m) - Terry(free) - Azpi(7m)
    Matic(21m)
    Oscar(25m)
    Hazard(32m) - Fab(30m) - Willian(30m)
    Costa(32m)

Total - 193m

Debuchy(12m) - Mert(10m) - Kos(10m) - Gibbs(free)
    Arteta(10m)
    Ramsey(5m)
    Walcott(9m) - Ozil(42m) - Sanchez(35m)
    Giroud(13m)

Total - 146m

Take out Ozil and Sanchez and we're far far inferior in terms of spend.

Wages are more of less indifferent as a benchmark if we've paid half as much for a lot of our players.

Thankfully we seem to be at the same table as them now and if FFP is true, we might even have a slight advantage.

In the last year, they've made about 110million from selling Mata, Luiz and Lukaku. don't think they have that many more that they could sell for anything close to that.

I just think the Chelsea players in there starting XI and even in there squad, are not only physically stronger but mentally too. Plenty of leaders in there side, any one of 5 or 6 players in there starting XI could be a captain whereas in our squad theres maybe 1 or 2 players that has those leadership qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

He's not better than Chambers or Bellerin so I don't see Jenkinson getting recalled. As much as I like him I don't see him ever playing for us again tbh. He's probably just not quite at our level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He's not better than Chambers or Bellerin so I don't see Jenkinson getting recalled. As much as I like him I don't see him ever playing for us again tbh. He's probably just not quite at our level.

I'd have him over Bellerin.
    He's also got a wicked cross which from what i've seen Chambers doesn't.

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »

He does have a good cross but he's just not good enough at the back in my book. Probably haven't seen enough of Bellerin yet to fully make a judgement but I think he looks a very good player, extremely fast, not a bad cross on him either and he seems good in the tackle. Looks a little less likely to be completely done by a winger.

Haven't watched loads of Jenkinson this season, but he has featured in the BBC's team of the week more than once. I don't really rate Chambers at all at RB, he's not mobile enough against quick opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Can't agree blobby

I think bellerin is better at the moment, and he have more scope to improve too

Id have bellerin over chambers for the RB spot now debuchy is out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Can't agree blobby

I think bellerin is better at the moment, and he have more scope to improve too

Id have bellerin over chambers for the RB spot now debuchy is out

Agree, Bellerin has real quality and his crossing is excellent. Having said that Jenkinson is improving and Arsene will have a difficult choice at the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Another one for Bellerin here, I think the lad is nailed on as out future RB, pace to burn, level headed he just needs some growth.

Jenks is good, he needs this year at WestHam to grow, recalling him I think would be bad for his development.

Chambers for me is a CB all day long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

B7N-c5XIYAAo6zm.png:large

Yaya Sanogo holding the Crystal Palace shirt as if it's the rotting corpse of his childhood puppy...

• Advertisement

byrneg28 wrote: »
    B7N-c5XIYAAo6zm.png:large

Yaya Sanogo holding the Crystal Palace shirt as if it's the rotting corpse of his childhood puppy...

Good move for him I think. He badly needs playing time.

I still rate him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

jonny666 wrote: »

I still rate him

I honestly reckon he could become a beast.

or be dire.

:D

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I honestly reckon he could become a beast.

or be dire.

:D

He could be but that doesn't excuse Wenger from this mess.

Drogba was 24 before he started scoring regularly for Marseille, Giroud the same for Montpiellier.

That model of big beast center forward player simply doesn't come in an early 20's version ... EVER!

They're too young, they don't understand how to play against good center backs, whatever.

But there's never been one.

The closest thing I can think of was Andy Carroll who was 23 in his standout season for Newcastle.

Now if you take that as an absolute footballing reality. A fact that's beyond question, then what the hell was he Wenger doing?

Buy him and loan him out, sure.

Don't buy him and start him vrs Bayern.

Can you re-phrase the question please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

to be fair though, he got him on a free. If he'd waited until he started delivering the cost would have been substantially higher. He took a gamble on him, and I think he already started to prove his worth by making a real nuisance of himself and helping secure wins against the likes of Liverpool, Everton and Hull in the cup last year.

Hopefully he gets a real chance to prove his worth for Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He could be but that doesn't excuse Wenger from this mess.

Drogba was 24 before he started scoring regularly for Marseille, Giroud the same for Montpiellier.

That model of big beast center forward player simply doesn't come in an early 20's version ... EVER!

They're too young, they don't understand how to play against good center backs, whatever.

But there's never been one.

The closest thing I can think of was Andy Carroll who was 23 in his standout season for Newcastle.

Now if you take that as an absolute footballing reality. A fact that's beyond question, then what the hell was he Wenger doing?

Buy him and loan him out, sure.

Don't buy him and start him vrs Bayern.

Lukaku?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I do think Sanogo will grow into a quality player, but that said arguably the player his profile matches most closely as an Arsenal signing was Anelka and he was well able to score at his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

jonny666 wrote: »

I still rate him

his crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

his crap.

Based on what? The few games i've seen he's been decent, played a big part in the fa cup final, wacking in the goals for country, he's only 21, bit unfair calling him crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Nah, He's pretty crap. For a team like Arsenal anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Comparing two photos of him wearing the skin tight jersey before and after his injury, you can clearly see the difference, particularly in his neck and shoulders. A number of us noticed it, we can't all be wrong.

Something else I noticed on Sunday was that Cazorla seems to have shed a few pounds around the waist as well. Maybe that new fitness guy is making inroads.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Sanogo is ****ing terrible.

How many fresh air shots did he hit.

Nowhere near good enough for the squad let alone the team.

One of Wenger's ludicrous decisions playing him ahead of Bendtner, Podolski and Campbell.

The worst Arsenal player I have seen in decades. Bendtner was far better.

his crap.

Dont be daft. He's raw, not crap. Its already been said but he shouldnt be starting games against the german champions.

He is only young and big guys like that dont come good usually til mid 20's. Give him a chance.

I reckon if he starts regularly enough for palace he will get between 5-10 goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe Sanchez is making then hit the gym

Pudders wrote: »
    Sanogo is ****ing terrible.

How many fresh air shots did he hit.

Nowhere near good enough for the squad let alone the team.

One of Wenger's ludicrous decisions playing him ahead of Bendtner, Podolski and Campbell.

The worst Arsenal player I have seen in decades. Bendtner was far better.

Way too unfair on the young lad. He's not set the world alight in front of goal but he's very physically strong for such a young guy and puts himself about quite well. He's proven he can score at under age level, I think with a run of games at Palace he could find his feet in this league and be useful player for us. If not, no harm done, he was bought on a free and he's done us no damage.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement