Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Way too unfair on the young lad. He's not set the world alight in front of goal but he's very physically strong for such a young guy and puts himself about quite well. He's proven he can score at under age level, I think with a run of games at Palace he could find his feet in this league and be useful player for us. If not, no harm done, he was bought on a free and he's done us no damage.

It's not unfair, he's playing for Arsenal, in the champions league, If he was hitting air for hartlepool it's grand to say ah hes only young give him time, but starting against Bayern Munich and the likes in important games there is no room for excuses, ah we played well but we didn't win because Sanogo is only young give him time. We can't afford to do that at this level.

He may well come good but right now he's not at the level required which is why we're all so angry. He has done us harm unfortunately. Someone else that can benefit the team could have played all the mins that he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

jonny666 wrote: »
    Dont be daft. He's raw, not crap. Its already been said but he shouldnt be starting games against the german champions.

He is only young and big guys like that dont come good usually til mid 20's. Give him a chance.

I reckon if he starts regularly enough for palace he will get between 5-10 goals

5-10 goals???? I will happily take that bet if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

It's not unfair, he's playing for Arsenal, in the champions league, If he was hitting air for hartlepool it's grand to say ah hes only young give him time, but starting against Bayern Munich and the likes in important games there is no room for excuses, ah we played well but we didn't win because Sanogo is only young give him time. We can't afford to do that at this level.

He may well come good but right now he's not at the level required which is why we're all so angry. He has done us harm unfortunately. Someone else that can benefit the team could have played all the mins that he did.

With that kind of thinking no young player would ever get a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I agree he is not good enough, needs time to see if he can become a real player.

But he can't be blamed for being pulled in from the cold to play against Bayern. He is a young lad, successful French U21 international calling him dire (not you) is a bit far! He also came on and did a decent job in the FA Cup last year contributing to the win. Loan to CP is just spot on right now.

With that kind of thinking no young player would ever get a change.
    No... play them in the carling cup, the fa cup, at home vs relegation teams, send them on loan...do not start them against Bayern Munich and the like.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    I agree he is not good enough, needs time to see if he can become a real player.

But he can't be blamed for being pulled in from the cold to play against Bayern. He is a young lad, successful French U21 international calling him dire (not you) is a bit far! He also came on and did a decent job in the FA Cup last year contributing to the win. Loan to CP is just spot on right now.

I'm not blaming him soups, I'm sure he's a nice guy and is desperate to impress, but he ain't gonna cut it in the deep end evidently. I'm glad he's out on loan because Palace are taking the risk on him now, not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Dont be daft. He's raw, not crap. Its already been said but he shouldnt be starting games against the german champions.

He is only young and big guys like that dont come good usually til mid 20's. Give him a chance.

I reckon if he starts regularly enough for palace he will get between 5-10 goals

Bendter was much better then him and thats saying something.

Lad cant even get the basics right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If only people who worked in football were as knowledgeable...

i remembered paying £80 to see sanogoo start that game..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Munich would have coped with Bendtner without breaking sweat. Sanogo was something they wouldn't have been expecting and could have been a masterstroke. It wasn't in the end but it may well have been.

• Advertisement

i remembered paying £80 to see sanogoo start that game..

Me too, that was the match with Özil's poor penalty miss yes?

NB has a UCL hat trick remember... :P

efb wrote: »

I remember a delightful pass by Sanogo from half-way to set someone (can't remember who) free on goal in the first few minutes too

Bendters had the talent but not the attitude. Sanogos attitude looks brilliant and if he has any bit of talent he will come good.

Dismissing him saying he is crap or not as good as Bendter is unfair.

Id forgotten his contribution to the FA cup final as well. he made a massive difference. Can we ever say that about Bendter when it mattered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I'd say I was one of Nicky B's biggest fans but he wouldn't have made any difference against Bayern last season. As someone said there Sanogo was at least a different option. Think he actually played well enough that night.

efb wrote: »

yup. Ozil the world class so called player.

Another player i am a bit dissapointed in but giving him chance to show his worth.

i just feel wenger is to blame and i feel that ozil will turn into a Ashavin mk2. he was world class before he joined us and he got scrwed by wenger playing him at cb lb etc etc(playing out of position)

i fear for ozil tbh

• Advertisement

Bendters had the talent but not the attitude. Sanogos attitude looks brilliant and if he has any bit of talent he will come good.

Dismissing him saying he is crap or not as good as Bendter is unfair.

Id forgotten his contribution to the FA cup final as well. he made a massive difference. Can we ever say that about Bendter when it mattered?

I'd hate to be sticking up for Bendter but yes he would, I'm sure against Barca ppl would of been saying the same. Bendter could get goals, It's early days but Sanogo ain't looking great.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a vendetta against him or anything but simply from what I've seen he's not gonna make it at the top level.

I'd hate to be sticking up for Bendter but yes he would, I'm sure against Barca ppl would of been saying the same. Bendter could get goals, It's early days but Sanogo ain't looking great.

Don't get me wrong I don't have a vendetta against him or anything but simply from what I've seen he's not gonna make it at the top level.

Wenger, Pardrew and the French Under 21's setup disagrees with you, and more importantly so does football manager! :p:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Another player i am a bit dissapointed in but giving him chance to show his worth.

i just feel wenger is to blame and i feel that ozil will turn into a Ashavin mk2. he was world class before he joined us and he got scrwed by wenger playing him at cb lb etc etc(playing out of position)

i fear for ozil tbh

When did Arshavin play at left back and centre back?

Wenger, Pardrew and the French Under 21's setup disagrees with you, and more importantly so does football manager! :p:p

That's cause Wenger and Pardew have hard on's for Frenchies. We'll wait and see, But i'd bet money on it he'll be championship or Ligue 1 level

That's cause Wenger and Pardew have hard on's for Frenchies. We'll wait and see, But i'd bet money on it he'll be championship or Ligue 1 level

Pardrew had nothing to do with Newcastles transfers as far as I know

• Advertisement

i fear for ozil tbh

Arshavin and Ozil are in different leagues though really. There's a reason why Arshavin had spent his whole career in Russia while Ozil was playing for Real Madrid by the time he was 20 or so. I think while he hasn't been as effective as the likes of Alexis he will still come good for us and be very influential. Plenty of time for him.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Always find it strange that the big matches Sanogo started last season are used against him considering he played very well in them.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Always find it strange that the big matches Sanogo started last season are used against him considering he played very well in them.

I haven't seen one game where he played well, honestly. Maybe I just have a different opinion on what having a good game means.

I haven't seen one game where he played well, honestly. Maybe I just have a different opinion on what having a good game means.

I think what people mean is 'he had a good game compared to how cr*p he normally is', not that 'he had a good game compared to Alexis (or even Giroud)'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

has anyone listened to the "clock end" podcast on the official website with Adrian Clarke? If so is it any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Sorry 1 goal in 19 games isn't good enough for us.

He's not ready and as such should have been nowhere near the first team squad.

I appreciate he got stuck in and put himself around but that's not enough.

Not his fault though. He's hardly going to not play.

Looks like we're defo signing this Bielik kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

byrneg28 wrote: »

Great, the new Thomas Eisfeld I heard.

Roma and Hamburg were interested also. As he definitely chosen us ahead of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

I saw a quote attributed to him stating that he has agreed to join Arsenal, and that it's just up to the clubs to decide the fee.

• Advertisement

i fear for ozil tbh
    I think Özil has done very well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

emmetlego wrote: »
    I saw a quote attributed to him stating that he has agreed to join Arsenal, and that it's just up to the clubs to decide the fee.

Saw that myself but that was last week, I hope things haven't fallen through since then

On another note comparing ozil to arshavin is ludicrous

James Olley on twitter (similar to David Ornstein but not as prolific)

'#afc confident of signing Bielik despite Hamburg interest. Hamburg offered £2.3m but Dick Law in Poland today to advance negotiations.'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

'#afc confident of signing Bielik despite Hamburg interest. Hamburg offered £2.3m but Dick Law in Poland today to advance negotiations.'

Class. Dick Law on a Joel Campbell style quest to sign a player that makes sod all difference to the first team.

Was looking at horizon tours for booking an arsenal match seeing as my best mate moved over to London, and their prices are quite high, how much of a difference would I be looking at in price if I booked flights and match tickets separately instead of in one of those package things, if there even would be a difference? Wouldnt need accommodation as id be staying in my mates.

Last time I was at an arsenal match was about 05 so I need the lowdown on prices these days haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

£2.3m +£1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Was looking at horizon tours for booking an arsenal match seeing as my best mate moved over to London, and their prices are quite high, how much of a difference would I be looking at in price if I booked flights and match tickets separately instead of in one of those package things, if there even would be a difference? Wouldnt need accommodation as id be staying in my mates.

Last time I was at an arsenal match was about 05 so I need the lowdown on prices these days haha

Flights to London can be got for next to nothing with a bit of luck, if you have free accomodation sorted then all you need is flights + match ticket. You'd prob save a good bit.

Just having a look myself:
    €50 return for West Ham Game
    €44 return for Sunderland
    €45 for Chelsea

Have a play with different dates/airports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

We can sign youth prospects as well as other players you know.

I read a report saying money was not an issu3e for Hamburg and that further negiotations would continue with Arsenal mid-week. So I'm guessing this is make or break, should offer a few more 100k to make sure we satisfy Legia. After that it should be done, expect an announcement before City match. Would be great to hear a defensive signing finalized by then too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

keano_afc wrote: »
    Class. Dick Law on a Joel Campbell style quest to sign a player that makes sod all difference to the first team.

Whats this even suppose to mean?

Didn't see people complaining when it was Ramsey,Ox and Walcott.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Ticket prices are on Arsenal. Com. They vary depending on team being played and where you are sitting.

Here is Member prices:

http://www.arsenal.com/tickets/member-ticket-prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I don't see anything wrong with it. The Academy/youth setup was allowed to fall to a very poor level in Brady's last years in charge.

In Akpom, Crowley, Zelalem and now hopefully this young Polish lad there is at least a good chance one of them will make it all the way to the top in the next couple of years.

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 55m

Are we close to signing any players? Look, no. I did not even have time this morning to eat any Bielik or to get my Carvalho serviced.

Hopefully Arsenal will still be playing football next season, and the season after that !

Definitely get your own flights and work on a match ticket separately. You may not get a ticket on general sale but there are a couple of options. You could buy a Red Membership and then get a ticket but it would cost 35 pounds for membership and about 50 for the ticket. You could try the Arsenal_Tickets account on Twitter closer to the game, plenty of tickets usually become available there. You could also try a tout over there, not sure how much they'd be charging these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

How do touts work with the Arsenal ticketing system. Do they lend you a card or something or do they have physical tickets? Always wondered about this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Hyzepher wrote: »
    How do touts work with the Arsenal ticketing system. Do they lend you a card or something or do they have physical tickets? Always wondered about this?

I bought a ticket on Twitter and met him outside the ground and used the card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Why don't you join the Dublin Supporters club details in my sig. We apply for tickets for every game and have not been let down. Obviously bigger games bigger demand so we cannot guarantee tickets

Come in the Mercantile Dame street any time Arsenal are playing and ask for details on membership. Maybe closing it soon

Thanks all much appreciated :)

Why don't you join the Dublin Supporters club details in my sig. We apply for tickets for every game and have not been let down. Obviously bigger games bigger demand so we cannot guarantee tickets

Come in the Mercantile Dame street any time Arsenal are playing and ask for details on membership. Maybe closing it soon

Cheers mate I'll be in town this weekend will do my best to get over there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Im heading in 2 weeks with the missis to the Villa game, it was 108 sterling for our tickets, flights cost 145 for us and hotel 160. Thats 2 nights btw. Really looking forward to heading over.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement