Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Rumours of Arsenal in for Gundogan.

Where the rumours coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Where the rumours coming from?

It's all over the twitter machine anyway!

He's a bit injury prone, so he'd fit like a glove!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Rumours of Arsenal in for Gundogan.

Great player but has had serious injuries. Would be a perfect fit really!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone think the club hasnt identified who they want yet and are just waiting until the end to see what becomes available?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone think the club hasnt identified who they want yet and are just waiting until the end to see what becomes available?

I think that the club has a list of players they want, and are just waiting until the end to see if they become available. So, probably no one bought by the end then!

CatInABox wrote: »
    I think that the club has a list of players they want, and are just waiting until the end to see if they become available. So, probably no one bought by the end then!

Its extremely disheartening. I hope they dont announce ticket price rises after a bad month buying, the fans can only take so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Completely un-Arsenal, that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Go Burnley!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I'm hoping that we are after the 'super quality' wenger always talks about and I'm happy to accept it may take longer (summer)

What I won't accept is not bringing in a defender of some sort. There is no excuse for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's amazing how often a conversation with Wenger is reported to have had a large influence on the decision a player makes.

Yeah, I'm sure that was a big factor in Sanchez signing. Remember, during the most recent transfer window Wenger f*cked up?

Jesus.

Victor Wanyama tears his hamstring tonight and Schneiderlin tore his groin last week, this will severely test Southampton's resolve now in the next few weeks. This "could" see them fall away, 2 huge players for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

efb wrote: »
    Go Burnley!

You had to do it didn't ya.
    You just had to go and do it :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Efb doing a George Hamilton there, good man :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Efb doing a George Hamilton there, good man :/

cup might keep them distracted #halffull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

efb wrote: »
    cup might keep them distracted #halffull

Ah, sure don't worry. Hopefully we'll get a chance to dispatch them after the next round

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Hey lads and lasses, I know this gets asked all the time but I'm looking to see if I can snag some tickets to the arsenal villa game feb 1st - or any game in London that weekend for that matter. I don't have a membership, wondering which sites you can buy 4 tickets at normal price really- or how the arsenal tickets twitter system works. Any help is appreciated- pm me if we don't wanna spam the thread! Thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I reckon we have a list of players we would like too

We're just waiting until deadline day in the summer to act on the list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Arteta has suffered another setback and Debuchy will need an operation so could be out for 3 months :(

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/14/arsenal-mikel-arteta-arsene-wenger-danny-welbeck?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Arteta reportedly out for another few weeks.

FFS

Kind of expected that timeframe with Matty, but Mickey's much delayed return is a crushing blow. Over to you Coq!

AW really needs to address this position now, Mickey's time is close to an end with his age and all his injuries... Coq will be a fine back up... For now!

• Advertisement

Arteta with another set back so. Anyone feel Flamini and Coq is even enough to carry us to 4th as I cant see Arteta making a big (if any) contribution for us this season? DM is as big a priority as CB for me now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Alot of people on Twitter saying we're in for Gundogan , I'd be happy enough with him fine player and only a year or two ago when dortmund were fully in there pomp everyone wanted him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Hopefully those 2 bits of bad news encourages Arsene to get spending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Debuchys first season with us pretty much ruined. Pity because he always looked solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Alot of people on Twitter saying we're in for Gundogan , I'd be happy enough with him fine player and only a year or two ago when dortmund were fully in there pomp everyone wanted him

Wouldn't get your hopes up because it seems to just be coming from the Metro and Mirror.

These injuries are really getting old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Wouldn't get your hopes up because it seems to just be coming from the Metro and Mirror.

These injuries are really getting old.

I was talking to one of the lads about this the last day at work. I genuinely wonder what Arsenal would have achieved if it wasn't for their bad luck with injuries these past few years. As a Liverpool fan Sturridge is frustrating enough. As for Arsenal, when is the last time they've had a clean bill of health, if ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Hey lads and lasses, I know this gets asked all the time but I'm looking to see if I can snag some tickets to the arsenal villa game feb 1st - or any game in London that weekend for that matter. I don't have a membership, wondering which sites you can buy 4 tickets at normal price really- or how the arsenal tickets twitter system works. Any help is appreciated- pm me if we don't wanna spam the thread! Thanks lads!

follow @arsenaltickets on twitter on the day of the game, you should get one very easy for that one... be aware you'll prob be sitting beside whoever sells you the ticket so brush up on your AFC trivia if you aren't a fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

DVDM93 wrote: »
    I was talking to one of the lads about this the last day at work. I genuinely wonder what Arsenal would have achieved if it wasn't for their bad luck with injuries these past few years. As a Liverpool fan Sturridge is frustrating enough. As for Arsenal, when is the last time they've had a clean bill of health, if ever?

Totally agree.

Take matic or cesc out of Chelsea and see what happens.

We miss 4 or 5 of our top players most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DVDM93 wrote: »
    Diaby makes sure we never have a healthy squad. No matter how good we would get it, Diaby would always be there to keep the club doctor company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Quazzie wrote: »
    Diaby makes sure we never have a healthy squad. No matter how good we would get it, Diaby would always be there to keep the club doctor company.

How many games was he supposed to play this season in order to get a new contact? It will be an absolute joke if they give him another one anyway.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »

Disregarding Diaby, I wonder when we could last call on our strongest squad. Right now we would need to have these players all fit at once (imo):

Ches, Debuchy, Mert, Kos, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott, Giroud.

Pretty safe to say that this 11 won't play together this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Disregarding Diaby, I wonder when we could last call on our strongest squad. Right now we would need to have these players all fit at once (imo):

Ches, Debuchy, Mert, Kos, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Walcott, Giroud.

Pretty safe to say that this 11 won't play together this season.

From what I heard Arteta's days as a week to week player are over, I think he'll become a squad player, which is great.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It really has become a curse to be captain of our club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Cazorla has to be in our strongest squad on this form.

Promising youngster in Bielik signed. Now all we need is some crock and I see we are looking Héctor Moreno, you couldn't make it up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Soups123 wrote: »
    From what I heard Arteta's days as a week to week player are over, I think he'll become a squad player, which is great.

Even the chances of having 8 of those on the pitch at some point against City seems like a minor miracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Marcus Antonius

Promising youngster in Bielik signed. Now all we need is some crock and I see we are looking Héctor Moreno, you couldn't make it up :pac:

Yay another kid signed! :rolleyes: Ah well, where you getting the rumors about Moreno? Any one any idea if he's any use? Not that we'll put in a bid for him. It's so frustrating every transfer window, I wish for once Wenger would just address what we need and have them lined up to join the minute the transfer window opens (I realise this is more realistic in the summer one than the January one but still)!

Yay another kid signed! :rolleyes: Ah well, where you getting the rumors about Moreno? Any one any idea if he's any use? Not that we'll put in a bid for him. It's so frustrating every transfer window, I wish for once Wenger would just address what we need and have them lined up to join the minute the transfer window opens (I realise this is more realistic in the summer one than the January one but still)!

Kike Marin on twitter broke it yesterday. Has proved very reliable about Arsenal in the past. I agree though, we have four months to identify and seal deals for a DM and a CB and we still havent made a move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

It would have been nice to have made an early signing and at least have an option for the bench for the city game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So the secret footballer is claiming that we have a £25mil deal already finalised for schneiderlin. But have to wait until the summer

So Arteta is ruled out for 3 months and basically the season. Coq will be his replacement I have no doubt :(

So the secret footballer is claiming that we have a £25mil deal already finalised for schneiderlin. But have to wait until the summer

I'd be happy with that. Very difficult to prise him from Southampton's grasp now while they have an eye on Champions League qualification.

Hopefully they'll drop out of the running before too long and we can add him to our ranks in the Summer

Is anyone else worried about the top 4 now? Arteta to Coq or Flamini is a massive step down for the season.

Kike Marin on twitter broke it yesterday. Has proved very reliable about Arsenal in the past. I agree though, we have four months to identify and seal deals for a DM and a CB and we still havent made a move.

He hasn't tbh.

No one on twitter really has.

gosplan wrote: »
    He hasn't tbh.

Been very accurate regarding Alexis and Ospina deals. Got Vela and Campbell futures right too but agree twitter is a terrible source.

• Advertisement

He hasn't tbh.

Reliable sources can be found on Twitter. David Ornstein for example. The problem is they are outnumbered 200 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Is anyone else worried about the top 4 now? Arteta to Coq or Flamini is a massive step down for the season.

No I’m not worried about top 4, I think we’ve been dysfunctional so far this season and relying on Alexis but that will give time to other lads to come into form – a case in point is Santiago Cazorla who has been nothing short of brilliant in December/January.
    We’ll put a run of games in and get the required points, whether we sign someone or not.

Having said that we really need to improve the squad if we want to be among the challengers next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Been very accurate regarding Alexis and Ospina deals. Got Vela and Campbell futures right too but agree twitter is a terrible source.

He also tweeted last summer that we were going to sign Reus, Cavani and Schneiderlin.

He also tweeted last summer that we were going to sign Reus, Cavani and Schneiderlin.

He only ever said we were interested to be fair from the tweets I saw. DarrenArsenal is probably the best.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement