Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

greendom wrote: »
    Sheffield far worse than either

Sunderland s the worst place I've been in England. I actually liked Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Koscielny could be out for Saturday, Ramsey's back for Wednesday, Ozil out for at least 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

shano_88 wrote: »
    Sunderland s the worst place I've been in England. I actually liked Liverpool.

Haven't been to Sunderland but made the comment as.both Manchester and Liverpool have a lot going for them (as cities)

AdamD wrote: »
    Koscielny could be out for Saturday, Ramsey's back for Wednesday, Ozil out for at least 6 weeks.

No Koscielny or Chambers. Is Monreal back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Koscielneys a big loss. Im guessing Monreal will be playing CB the weekend. What a ****up it was not buying a CB this summer.
    Haven't been to Sunderland but made the comment as.both Manchester and Liverpool have a lot going for them (as cities)

ya, tbf, Ive heard Sheffield is depressing. Manchester and Liverpool are both decent city's to visit.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was Ozil not as bad as thought? Thought he was going to be out double that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

That seems like a serious downgrade of Ozil's injury, have we a source for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I'd rather play Hayden CH than Monreal. As a LB he's ok but from the games I've seen Wenger experiment with him at CH he was poison!

Roaster wrote: »
    I'd rather play Hayden CH than Monreal. As a LB he's ok but from the games I've seen Wenger experiment with him at CH he was poison!

Caught between a rock and a hard place!!

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    That seems like a serious downgrade of Ozil's injury, have we a source for that?

Wenger's press conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Does anyone hold out any hope for Khedira in Jan or summer?

I saw he was rumoured to be doing so with Chelsea today but for me there's no way they'd get Khedira and Matic, simply not feasible to keep both happy.

I'd imagine he'd follow the money but maybe if Utd don't want him and he didn't want to go to France, we could be in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We wont be signing a CMF in Jan. According to Wenger we'll get a CB, but thats about the limit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

keano_afc wrote: »
    We wont be signing a CMF in Jan. According to Wenger we'll get a CB, but thats about the limit.

Wenger needs a visit to Specsavers.

Wenger needs a visit to Specsavers.

Too right. We have three defensive midfielders, one of whom's legs are gone (although he is about the best of them), the other while a good squad player isnt good enough, and the third iis seriously injury prone, I suppose you could also consider Coquelin only he seems to have no real future. We need both a centre back and a defensive midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Too right. We have three defensive midfielders, one of whom's legs are gone (although he is about the best of them), the other while a good squad player isnt good enough, and the third iis seriously injury prone, I suppose you could also consider Coquelin only he seems to have no real future. We need both a centre back and a defensive midfielder.

Who is the 3rd?

I see Arteta, Flamini??

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Who is the 3rd?

I see Arteta, Flamini??

Seriously injury prone is Diaby. Sorry given our injury history i probably should have stated it as Seriously Seriously Seriously injury prone.

Seriously injury prone is Diaby. Sorry given our injury history i probably should have stated it as Seriously Seriously Seriously injury prone.

He's also not a DM! Its mad the amount of gunners who out him in the bracket, if I remember right Wenger even said something about possibly playing there.

But he is just not a DM, never has been

Soups123 wrote: »
    He's also not a DM! Its mad the amount of gunners who out him in the bracket, if I remember right Wenger even said something about possibly playing there.

But he is just not a DM, never has been

Does he have the legs for an box to box any more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Does Diaby have legs, period?

Does he have the legs for an box to box any more?

He more ACM than DM for me, if his ever heals he has the body of a 19 year old its been rested that much!

• Advertisement

Should be a version of this for Diaby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Every time I come into this thread it just makes me angrier about Wenger's ineptitude is keeping us as nearly runs, and judging by the season so far we might not even be that,

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

£3m paid in advisory fees to Kroenke? What an absolute joke. Screw us on season ticket prices and they pocket £3m. Utter farce.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Every time I come into this thread it just makes me angrier about Wenger's ineptitude is keeping us as nearly runs, and judging by the season so far we might not even be that,

Wenger sees us as certs for fourth and as such there won't be much more investment.
    That won't change. We get fourth then he hits his target. We fail to get fourth then we don't need players.

Pudders wrote: »
    £3m paid in advisory fees to Kroenke? What an absolute joke. Screw us on season ticket prices and they pocket £3m. Utter farce.

That happened weeks ago. Was in the papers. Not much heed paid to it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

That happened weeks ago. Was in the papers. Not much heed paid to it here.

I only read it when reading about the agm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Theo playing for the 21s tonight. Will be good to see him back in action

Time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Thats great to hear. We need him badly.
    Can't wait to see him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

The AGM apparently went off without much incident.. Although one fan was left disgruntled when Wenger declined to answer why the club didn't sign another defender during the summer...

Didn't read much about it but I'd guess Gazidis and co spouted out the usual rhetoric

• Advertisement

Time?
    19:00 Arsenal U21 v Blackburn U21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Wenger sees us as certs for fourth and as such there won't be much more investment.
    That won't change. We get fourth then he hits his target. We fail to get fourth then we don't need players.

We as fans are even worse for accepting that. How long are we going to accept been 4th best, I can't imagine Wenger not getting hate if we don't get 4th. We need young and ambitious blood on the coaching staff, and someone not afraid to splash the cash when its needed. But lets be honest we are going over and over this so many times its become a mantra by this point :pac:

9:00 Arsenal U21 v Blackburn U21

Be way past the bed time for some of those youngsters by the time its finished

Be way past the bed time for some of those youngsters by the time its finished
    Sorrys its 19:00

7 o clock

Struggling with the 24 hour clock aye Greendom :P

Struggling with the 24 hour clock aye Greendom :P

Ha, no I think some awesome ! corrections did for me !

Pudders wrote: »

Your right it is an absolute joke to be honest and an insult to Arsenal fans. What exactly is he advising us on?

Because we were finishing fourth before his arrival and we're finishing fourth long after it. Unless he knows how to mount a serious title challenge then he can fúck off. Id doubt he knows much of football tbh. Another Hillwood happy with what he can get out of the club

Actually pretty funny.....had we held on to him, the injury crisis would have seemed even worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone not too confident about tomorrow with all the injuries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Home to Hull.

Should be winning that regardless of injuries.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It's games like Hull that we have improved on over the years. Should be no problem but I'd still like a few early goals to help the nerves

Hyzepher wrote: »
    It's games like Hull that we have improved on over the years. Should be no problem but I'd still like a few early goals to help the nerves

Just hope Ózil doesn't go missing again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Roaster wrote: »
    Just hope Ózil doesn't go missing again...

oh, he will go missing alright. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Going to the Emirates for this tomorrow.

Would have to pick a match with the most injuries :pac:

Potential line-ups anyone?

Would I be okay in guessing -

Szczesny
    Bellerin Hayden Mertesacker Gibbs
    Flamini
    Oxlade-Chamberlain Santi Wilshere Sanchez (???)
    Welbeck

maybe if Sanchez is tired from travelling we could see Campbell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

byrneg28 wrote: »

Szczesny
    Flamini
    Welbeck

True, or Podolski maybe?
    (just checked my fantasy football team and Welbeck still showing as doubtful. . .)

Irish Aris wrote: »
    oh, he will go missing alright. . .

Yet there will be some calling us uneducated in football for not seeing the space he is providing for others ;)

Szczesny
    Flamini
    Welbeck

Perhaps Monreal for Hayden if Wenger values experience over having a centre back in his correct position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Szczesny
    Flamini
    Welbeck

Id say
    Szczesny
    Bellerin Monreal Mertesacker Gibbs
    Flamini
    Oxlade-Chamberlain Santi Wilshere Podolski
    Welbeck

Perhaps Monreal for Hayden if Wenger values experience over having a centre back in his correct position

I've said it earlier in this thread but I'd go for Hayden any day over Monreal at CH. I know he's inexperienced but it's his natural position and from what I've seen of him I think he's ready to step up. The Monreal CH experiment did not work in the 3 games I saw and he an accident waiting to happen playing there.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement