Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Some day my price will come.. And some day we'll get a dmf to replace Viera

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Arsene, how come you managed to win 2 leagues in the 3 seasons preceding Chelsea being bought by an Russian billionaire, but haven't managed to do it since? Do you think it's anything to do with them having two consecutive seasons of spending that are, to this day, among the top 5 net spends in a single season by any club anywhere, ever?
    Did that sort of force you to change your approach?
    Arsene, that left back you had that year the team didn't lose a game. Remember him? Came through the youth ranks and you gave him his first senior start a while back? Whatever happened to him?
    Arsene, remember Adebayor, Toure, Nasri, Clichy and Sagna? All first team players over the past few years? Why don't you play any of them anymore?

What's that? They all f***ed off to City because they got way more cash than you could pay them?

That's all well and good, but what has it got to do with Chelsea or City?

And these are your reasons as to why we haven't bought sufficiently and left the squad threadbare in certain areas? Right so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ye bloody better win on Sunday or help me God I'll start a new thread before the night is out.

:mad: :pac:

But you can't tell if we win till Sunday, so how would you start a thread before the night is out!

CAN YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭emmetlego

keano_afc wrote: »
    Other teams having money is the reason we are short players? Right so. Sleep well.
    Please read what I said again, stop paraphrasing and reply if you like to what I actually said.
    Honestly, if you can't see that the sudden wealth acquired by these clubs has had a massive implication on our clubs success levels, then you truly are blinded by your hatred for AW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

byrneg28 wrote: »
    But you can't tell if we win till Sunday, so how would you start a thread before the night is out!

CAN YOU SEE INTO THE FUTURE :pac:

I'm going to leave the new thread to Mickeroo or another mod to set up this time, I'm staying away from it. :o

Will probably happen sometime before lunch at this rate, only 40somethign posts to go.

Quick let's go wild

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm going to leave the new thread to Mickeroo or another mod to set up this time, I'm staying away from it. :o

Will probably happen sometime before lunch at this rate, only 40somethign posts to go.

I think we should keep posting so we can get this sorted as soon as possible and maybe we will have an injury free season, beat city on Sunday and win the Champions League.. yay :pac:

Dmf for some CB cover for others!
    #InWengerWeTrust

Everyone is going on about the transfers, which is bad tbh.

However, I think his tactics have taken a nosedive recently. His inability in using the subs bench wrecks my head so much.

I mean, bringing on a defender for an attacker when you're one goal up against 10 men...

Seriously makes me despair.

We need a change, not gonna get it, but we need a new manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Posts for all!

The 40 greatest Arsenal Players of all time, no repeating lets go.

#40. Nigel Winterburn

#39 silvan Wiltord

Everyone is going on about the transfers, which is bad tbh.

However, I think his tactics have taken a nosedive recently. His inability in using the subs bench wrecks my head so much.

I mean, bringing on a defender for an attacker when you're one goal up against 10 men...

Seriously makes me despair.

We need a change, not gonna get it, but we need a new manager.

Politely disagree. Arsenal's biggest asset is Mr Wenger

Arsene Wenger has made it obvious he is on the lookout for a new defender, and has refused to rule out a move for West Ham defender Winston Reid. The New Zealand international is out of contract in the summer, but Wenger is searching for defensive cover immediately.

When asked if Reid was a target, Wenger said: "Of course we are on the market and work very hard every day. All our scouts are working very hard to find a defender."

(SkySports)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

efb wrote: »
    Politely disagree. Arsenal's biggest asset is Mr Wenger
    Give it a break FFS. Right we get it you like Wenger. Can you please stop with the bullshít one line posts with constant references to it.

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Give it a break FFS. Right we get it you like Wenger. Can you please stop with the bullshít one line posts with constant references to it.

And I politely agree with efb... Now, there's the balance we all need!

Look, and again, I think we can all agree that AW is a polarising opinion topic, but the posters here who love to ram their opinion down our throats (both sides) are ruining this thread. Keep the discussions civil and it can be entertaining at least!!!

Any transfer rumours today by the way? As for Reid? A bit meh!

I had to laugh at that mirror "exclusive" of the double transfer from BVB to us for 64 million! Hummels and Gundogan, much and all as I'd love it!

emmetlego wrote: »
    I had to laugh at that mirror "exclusive" of the double transfer from BVB to us for 64 million! Hummels and Gundogan, much and all as I'd love it!

I tend to ignore all that, as you said it's laughable, I do a lot of twitter searching from credible independent journalists.

Bielik is obviously the only thing concrete.

People saying we are definitely in for two targets at the moment but there is no further information on top of that -

A lot popping up about Schneiderlin )25m) but I'm going to take it as rumours for the time being before something concrete emerges - as I can't see him leaving in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'd rather recalll Jenks than Sign Reid.

• Advertisement

Bielik to go straight into first team (won't be playing for youth team)

Henning Berg is saying ' he is an unbelievable talent, however, is not ready for playing regularly at high level at the minute'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I'd rather recalll Jenks than Sign Reid.
    West Ham owner tweeted yesterday saying that he can't be recalled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

#38 Overmars

#37 Nicolas Anelka

Linked with Virgil Van Dijk too.

What's people's opinions on this guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

36 Tomas Rosicky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

35. Mad Jens

34. Bob Wilson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Linked with Virgil Van Dijk too.

What's people's opinions on this guy?

don't know much about him, but it looks like it'll be him, Reid or Perrin from St Etienne

33. Alan Smudger Smith

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    don't know much about him, but it looks like it'll be him, Reid or Perrin from St Etienne

He's not bad, but hard to judge as Celtic weren't in ECL this year, so only against poor opposition. I wouldn't like Reid, seen him a few times, and he's played very poorly on the few times I have seen him. Perrin, I have seen the least of the 3, but he looks solid. I'm sure the scouts will be better informed than us anyway!!!

Looks like we're buying a back up by these standards. We all really want a starter to push our Mert, or at least challenge him?

Would like to see Jenks back too, but to be honest, I'm happy with Bellerin so far too. Just no cover for him at all if he gets crocked (knowing our luck)!

Coqs performances may mean that AW will look to fill the CH role first and a DM may be secondary on the wish list… But that's just me musing!

32. Frank Stapelton… :-)

31. Anders Limpar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

What will it take for the majority of this thread to turn on Wenger? To say ok maybe he isn't the right man for the job anymore? Genuine question.

30 Liam Chippy Brady

30. kanuuuuuu

What will it take for the majority of this thread to turn on Wenger? To say ok maybe he isn't the right man for the job anymore? Genuine question.

Arsenal to finish outside of her UCL places two consecutive seasons

29. Steve Bould

A mid table finish, with no hope of recovery the following year in a similiar position around Christmas… Then and only then for me… But who knows really. I'm as fickle as feck, so could want him sacked after we beat MCFC on Sunday!:pac:

• Advertisement

He's not bad, but hard to judge as Celtic weren't in ECL this year, so only against poor opposition. I wouldn't like Reid, seen him a few times, and he's played very poorly on the few times I have seen him. Perrin, I have seen the least of the 3, but he looks solid. I'm sure the scouts will be better informed than us anyway!!!

Looks like we're buying a back up by these standards. We all really want a starter to push our Mert, or at least challenge him?

Would like to see Jenks back too, but to be honest, I'm happy with Bellerin so far too. Just no cover for him at all if he gets crocked (knowing our luck)!

Coqs performances may mean that AW will look to fill the CH role first and a DM may be secondary on the wish list… But that's just me musing!

I think Van Dijk would be a great signing, my Dad is from Glasgow so he's a huge Celtic fan (not a barstooler- season ticket holder)

Confident on the ball, great passer, strong impossing, good in the challenge. I think he could defo challenge Mert - hes 6ft 4 too.

It's funny he's like Celtic's best player he loves driving forward (basically cause the league is so easy) he's scored a fair few goals, 5 last season in all comps and 8 so far this season in all comps, I'm not saying it would be the same for EPL, but he is only 23.. I think he'd be an excellent signing

I know anyone looks good from a highlight video but here's a taster.

We get it you don't

Signing an SPL player might as well sign league one player

27 (because there were 2 x 29's) Martin Keown

26. Lee Dixon

One more summer and if he still falters then for me he's not the right man...He deserves a chance to spend that some hard earned money for which he had sacrificed his career...I think 3 summers to get the team right is enough.

• Advertisement

25 Paul Merson

One more summer and if he still falters then for me he's not the right man...He deserves a chance to spend that some hard money for which he had sacrificed his career...I think 3 summers to get the team right is enough.

This reminds me of a musical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

efb wrote: »
    Arsenal to finish outside of her UCL places two consecutive seasons
    A mid table finish, with no hope of recovery the following year in a similiar position around Christmas… Then and only then for me… But who knows really. I'm as fickle as feck, so could want him sacked after we beat MCFC on Sunday!:pac:

So you're both happy finishing 4th for the unforeseeable future? or even 5th and 6th some years?

24. Alex Song

Lets be honest, the top 5 probably will be Henry, Bergkamp, Adams, Wright, Fabregas...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement