Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

greendom wrote: »
    Perhaps Monreal for Hayden if Wenger values experience over having a centre back in his correct position

what happened the days when Wenger valued youth, surely he's ready, he looked solid in the Capital One Cup game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭tawfeeredux

I know it's just the fantasy football website, so to be taken with a pinch of salt, but this is not what you'd want to see if you want a few Arsenal players in your side for the relatively easy run of games coming up.

5Yjb8y.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Our back four will be Bellerin-Mert-left back shoehorned into CB-Gibbs.

It'll be anything but easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Hull at home is one you should winning until you remember how they absolutely mauled us at set pieces at Wembley. Would have been 3 only for Gibbs. So yeah, playing a full back at centre half, I wouldn't be confident of 3 points. I'd tend to agree that at this point you just have to trust Hayden to make the step up and play the player in their correct position, its the riskier option though. So I'll be expecting AW pragmatism in playing the experienced International full back at centre half even though its probably not in the long term interests of the team.

Actually; Bellerin will be starting so there's absolutely no way he'll play Hayden too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

cson wrote: »
    Hull at home is one you should winning until you remember how they absolutely mauled us at set pieces at Wembley. Would have been 3 only for Gibbs. So yeah, playing a full back at centre half, I wouldn't be confident of 3 points. I'd tend to agree that at this point you just have to trust Hayden to make the step up and play the player in their correct position, its the riskier option though. So I'll be expecting AW pragmatism in playing the experienced International full back at centre half even though its probably not in the long term interests of the team.

Actually; Bellerin will be starting so there's absolutely no way he'll play Hayden too.

I wouldnt compare the FA Cup performance with tomorrow, we choke under pressure of big games. This isnt one so I expect us to find our rythem with the attacking we do making the defensive side of things irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Walcott and Gnabry starting for the under 21s tonight. Anywhere to watch it I wonder..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Bit worried about Kos. His Achilles got worse while not playing. I really hope it doesn't turn into something more serious.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Walcott and Gnabry starting for the under 21s tonight. Anywhere to watch it I wonder..

Walcott played 45 mins and Gnabry 60 mins. Both got through it ok by the looks of things.

Crowley apparently the star of the show again although it did finish 0-0.

Walcott played 45 mins and Gnabry 60 mins. Both got through it ok by the looks of things.

Crowley apparently the star of the show again although it did finish 0-0.

not forgetting Diaby played 67 minutes too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

not forgetting Diaby played 67 minutes too

I think Diaby is finally done as an Arsenal player. He has this year to prove something before his contract runs out and its just not happening for him. He should be on the verge of the first team given his potential but nothing so far. Its a sad end to what is ultimately a sad career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone not too confident about tomorrow with all the injuries?

If it was away I wouldn't be, but I think with the crowd behind them at home we should be able to get over the line. Our big players need to step up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Looper007 wrote: »
    If it was away I wouldn't be, but I think with the crowd behind them at home we should be able to get over the line. Our big players need to step up.

Funnily enough I think we'll be fine.

The team kind of picks itself

Arteta - Caz
    Sanchez - Wilshire - Chambo
    Welbeck

Though he may rest Sanchez cause he just got back. Maybe Flamini for Arteta.

The main thing for me is that our potential matchwinners of late have been Welbeck, Wilshire, Caz and Chambo. They're all playing in decent positions.

Ramsey in the squad for today's game

Ramsey in the squad for today's game

Great news.

Remember the report on him being out for 6 weeks and people going mad. Don't always believe what you read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Great news.

Remember the report on him being out for 6 weeks and people going mad. Don't always believe what you read.

Agree. Its usually longer :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

We really should have signed LLoris a few years ago when he was at Lyon. Unreal GK.

We really should have signed LLoris a few years ago when he was at Lyon. Unreal GK.

I always thought he was destined to play for Arsenal. Was really annoyed when he signed for Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Szczesny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Welbeck

Monreal at CB...could be a long 90 minutes!

• Advertisement

Szczesny, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Wilshere, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Alexis, Welbeck

Monreal at CB...could be a long 90 minutes!

No faith in Hayden at all it seems.

No faith in Hayden at all it seems.

not even on the bench - injured ?

not even on the bench - injured ?

Probably knowing our luck. This is gonna be an edgy game.

Who's Ajayi - he's on the bench ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

4-0 Arsenal that's my honest prediction. Laugh it up.

Actually blows my mind that Wenger can play Monreal at CB. I can't imagine any other premier league manager that would do this.

That said, I still hope he does well.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Actually blows my mind that Wenger can play Monreal at CB. I can't imagine any other premier league manager that would do this.

That said, I still hope he does well.

I dont rate Monreal in his regular position nevermind another totally different one. Dont rate him at all. Not so bad going forward but hasnt a clue how to defend. Absolutely hapless

Embarrassing we didnt beat Tottenham.

Embarrassing we didnt beat Tottenham.

From what I saw, it was a fairly close game, with city getting a few 50/50 calls going their way. Tottenham definitely had their chances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

What channel is the match on today lads can't find it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Where is podolski???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Ronan14 wrote: »
    What channel is the match on today lads can't find it.

Canal+ Sport in France is what I'm watching it on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

You Beauty!!!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

lads, no requesting/offering stream links

Anyone else worried that Alexis, Theo and the OX all seem to thrive on the right but no the left. A little too overstocked on the right and nothing on the left.

Disappointing from the ref but tbh more pissed with Flamini he was last man back and felt a pull and just pulled up assuming he'd get a free kick.

Pure ****e and that from our DM?

Positives so far: Bellerin and Monreal look solid enough, not that they've had to do much.

Negatives: Plenty of possession without many decent chances created. Same old story....

Anyone else worried that Alexis, Theo and the OX all seem to thrive on the right but no the left. A little too overstocked on the right and nothing on the left.

I thought Ozil had the left covered? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Another poor performance... no creativity or cutting edge in the final third. City put 4 past these away from home and we're struggling to create chances against them at home.

Basil3 wrote: »
    I thought Ozil had the left covered? :D

:( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Bellerin looks good, Sanchez goal was nice, apart from that though look fairly sloppy, all possession and cant do anything with it.

• Advertisement

Soups123 wrote: »
    Disappointing from the ref but tbh more pissed with Flamini he was last man back and felt a pull and just pulled up assuming he'd get a free kick.

Pure ****e and that from our DM?

Oh come on the Ref should have blown the whistle. What could have Flamini have done after been pulled back.

Bellerin looks good, Sanchez goal was nice, apart from that though look fairly sloppy, all possession and cant do anything with it.

It gets way too slow once we get to their box really. It's been a problem for us for years now. Wenger just hasn't got it right at all. We are a team far too easy to read.

I dont enjoy watching Jack Wilshere play football. Soft, slow, them stupid flicks. I know he has had a good season but the sooner Aaron is back on song the better.

I dont enjoy watching Jack Wilshere play football. Soft, slow, them stupid flicks. I know he has had a good season but the sooner Aaron is back on song the better.

stop with Wilshire hate Raf. He's done well although he should cut out the flicks.

stop with Wilshire hate Raf. He's done well although he should cut out the flicks.

Its not hate i was praising him during the week but he needs to stop buying into his own hype.

Oh come on the Ref should have blown the whistle. What could have Flamini have done after been pulled back.

Kept going until he heard the whistle he was hardly chopped down. He decided to stop making the decision himself he 'd been fouled , not good enough

We'll still win this by 2 I think

Its not hate i was praising him during the week but he needs to stop buying into his own hype.

Praise him during the week now knocking him :pac:. Stop it Raf do you know the guy personally to say he buys into his own hype?. He's one of our better players out there.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Kept going until he heard the whistle he was hardly chopped down. He decided to stop making the decision himself he 'd been fouled , not good enough

We'll still win this by 2 I think

Complete rubbish to be fair Soups, the ref's are there to do their jobs and that ref didn't do his. We won't agree on this.

You think, well you bloody hope, get on your knees and pray :pac:

Praise him during the week now knocking him :pac:. Stop it Raf do you know the guy personally to say he buys into his own hype?. He's one of our better players out there.

Them stupid flicks and his style of play are enough proof for me. Need Ramsey on here to pull this game back, someone with a bit of bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

This thread is becoming progressively less readable

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement