Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

efb wrote: »
    Can we really compete with Chelsea and City and those investing a lot in their squads?

It would have cost us 50/60 million more to compete we have that, we just won't spend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Campbell didnt put a foot wrong when he came on, delighted for him. Hopefully he will get more game time

Bellerin was good today, and I liked what I saw from campbell

Hope both start during the week

Campbell was out best and most effective substitution and he was forced not selected.

Belerin is showing real potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Soups123 wrote: »
    Rags point was sarcastic about what the club deem acceptable he is off the fence a long time.

The club needs a shake up on and off the field everyone is just cosy

:pac: I know it was a joke. Christ we're miserable on here

In all seriousness we are in deep trouble at falling behind its not even funny. As someone said earlier on are we going to do a Untied from last season. I wouldn't be surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It would have cost us 50/60 million more to compete we have that, we just won't spend it

We'd need more than that, that would just about buy a WC player before paying him!

Campbell didnt put a foot wrong when he came on, delighted for him. Hopefully he will get more game time

He won't be in the squad next game knowing Wenger :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Can we really compete with Chelsea and City and those investing a lot in their squads?

Chelsea and City having loads of money is irrelevant. Fact is they spent money on the positions that needed fixing. We on the other hand spent money replacing players that we lost and then didn't bother to fix the positions that needed fixing.

And even so the team we fielded today should be able to see off the like of Hull.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Campbell was out best and most effective substitution and he was forced not selected.

Belerin is showing real potential

I hope when podolski is back that means Campbell misses out

Would like to see him
    And bellerin get a run of games now

We'd need more than that, that would just about buy a WC player before paying him!

It's would buy two of a Costa, Cesc, Matic, Carvalho, Keidhira, Bender etc etc

• Advertisement

Were there any glaringly poor individual performances today? 2 individual errors for the goals but again the tactics have to be questioned.

It's would buy two of a Costa, Cesc, Matic, Carvalho, Keidhira, Bender etc etc

And pay them???

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Chelsea and City having loads of money is irrelevant. Fact is they spent money on the positions that needed fixing. We on the other hand spent money replacing players that we lost and then didn't bother to fix the positions that needed fixing.

And even so the team we fielded today should be able to see off the like of Hull.

Agreed on both points.

And pay them???

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Handing them Fabregas on a plate probably didn't help us.

Were there any glaringly poor individual performances today? 2 individual errors for the goals but again the tactics have to be questioned.

Ox was rubbish

• Advertisement

you mean a poor ref decision doesn't take away from our poor performance though.

And pay them???

Thought our wage bill is higher than Chelsea's now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ox was rubbish

Played on the left when he is a right winger though. 3 good right wingers and nothing of note on the left.

Handing them Fabregas on a plate probably didn't help us.

But he wasn't what we needed, I still believe Wenger was right on that decision.

Thought our wage bill is higher than Chelsea's now?

Yes, can we afford an even higher one?

Would these players (Cesc excepted) come to Arsenal?

• Advertisement

So your saying we can sign Alexis Sanchez and Ozil but couldn't sign a Matic?

I wouldn't with Wenger in charge, that's the truth.

could we have signed them, no problem we could have signed many a top player. Its just wenger doesn't like it, he wants to win the league with the less money spent.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Hull
    Sunderland
    Burnley
    Swansea
    United
    West Brom
    Southampton
    Stoke
    Newcastle
    Liverpool
    QPR
    West Ham

All very winable games and to me looks like around 40 points by January, that's a similar position we were in last year. With Chelsea (a), Everton (a) and Liverpool (a) out of the way.

Call me mad but I also think we can beat Chelsea at the Emirates

I always think a team if they want to win the league can afford 5 draws and 5 losses. Lets push on and see what we can do. I personally think we look better than last year just trying to find the right gel at the moment.

Maybe I'm too positive. But I like to dream.
    byrneg28 wrote: »
    Yes I fancy taking 30/36 points from that run.. don't understand why if everyone had such high hopes about a result at stamford bridge why we couldn't agree that we can take 30/36 points out of all those clubs listed
    Now we just need 29/33 from those matches. :pac:

Raf32 wrote: »
    Played on the left when he is a right winger though. 3 good right wingers and nothing of note on the left.

All the same where he played couldn't pass the ball 5 yards

So your saying we can sign Alexis Sanchez and Ozil but couldn't sign a Matic?

Having signed them you limit your options.

I think both were good signings

And pay them???

Of course we can were Arsenal not Coventry

Looper007 wrote: »
    you mean a poor ref decision doesn't take away from our poor performance though.
    Probably should've been a free kick but Flamini still played the ball afterwards and rather than clear it he tried to play a pass.

Having signed them you limit your options.

I think both were good signings

How do you know we're limited?

All the same where he played couldn't pass the ball 5 yards

Ox looked out of sorts. Apart from Sanchez and Bellerin, then Campbell when he came on looked the only players trying.

Ox looked out of sorts. Apart from Sanchez and Bellerin, then Campbell when he came on looked the only players trying.

That's about right

• Advertisement

How do you know we're limited?

It's clear

It's clear

Explain

I think we are still missing three top players, Centre back, Defensive Mid and Striker all of world class quality. I'm worried how many of our top players are going to stick around before they are poached away by City or Chelsea.

Maybe if we werent overpaying the manager, more funds for wages would be available for a top DM?

I think we are still missing three top players, Centre back, Defensive Mid and Striker all of world class quality. I'm worried how many of our top players are going to stick around before they are poached away by City or Chelsea.

There is loads of quality in the squad but Wenger can't get them functioning as a team.

I think Ye will all drive yerselfs mad going over the wenger in out debate after every game we loose or draw

Or the what we need debate it's pretty clear what we need

Some arguements are done to death and just rehashed a thousand times

Id rather debate this game in isolation and then move onto the next game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Eh, Welbeck sprinted the length of the pitch to cover the midfield for two of Hull's counter attacks in the 2nd half, and got back into position to score the equaliser the second time. He was shut out to an extent today though by Hull's packed defence and poor service from the midfield.

Explain

The board have advised as such, never mind the PR spinning, the board sold RvP when they were offered enough money.

They are only interested in profit making, and not investing a lot of cash in the team, Webber had to clear out the dross to make summer signings

The board have advised as such, never mind the PR spinning, the board sold RvP when they were offered enough money.

As I've said several times, if the board is limiting things as they seem to be then Wenger, if he loves the club as much as he apparently does, should be throwing them under the bus and letting everyone know.

• Advertisement

There is loads of quality in the squad but Wenger can't get them functioning as a team.

Not at the back there ain't. Or Defensive mid area or upfront (welbeck and giroud are doing a great job but they won't win leagues or score 30 a season).

We have quality but not enough of it in positions that are losing us games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Just to nip this in the bud.

We did not draw against hull because we are missing a better DMF.

As I've said several times, if the board is limiting things as they seem to be then Wenger, if he loves the club as much as he apparently does, should be throwing them under the bus and letting everyone know.

What would that achieve? Wenger lose him job, the board deny it and the board continue with a sub par manager??

K4t wrote: »
    Eh, Welbeck sprinted the length of the pitch to cover the midfield for two of Hull's counter attacks in the 2nd half, and got back into position to score the equaliser the second time. He was shut out to an extent today though by Hull's packed defence and poor service from the midfield.
    Again, tactics. He took his goal really well but Arsenal playing a high line and compressing the play to about 30 yards of the pitch isn't going to get the best out of him.

K4t wrote: »

Welbeck wasn't one of the worse I give him that.

gosplan wrote: »

Id argue a proper DM plays to the whistle and puts the ball out for their first.

• Advertisement

Again, tactics. He took his goal really well but Arsenal playing a high line and compressing the play to about 30 yards of the pitch isn't going to get the best out of him.

I get what your saying

But we were pressing for the equaliser so an understand the situation

gosplan wrote: »

Flamini wasn't at fault at all?
    What would that achieve? Wenger lose him job, the board deny it and the board continue with a sub par manager??
    The board would have to step things up because it wouldn't be too long til crowds decline and it hits earnings. Also apparently we'd be doomed and would risk missing top 4, think the board would take that chance?

Flamini was fouled plain and simple

They are only interested in profit making, and not investing a lot of cash in the team, Webber had to clear out the dross to make summer signings

We were handicapped until the new Emirates and Puma deals kicked in.

Then we bought Ozil for 42 million, Sanchez for 35 million, Wellbeck for 16 million, 12 million on Chambers, Debuchy for 12 million and more.

We also passed out Chelsea's wage bill, its now £180 million.

How much more do we need to spend to have a have decent team in your opinion 100 million, 200 million?

Its not a monetary issue, the money was there to buy a CB and Wenger said he chose not too.

Our issues are Wenger not getting the best out of our expensively assembled and paid squad.

I get what your saying

But we were pressing for the equaliser so an understand the situation
    I'm being complimentary to Welbeck. :P That he had to go so deep at times is an indictment of tactics or other players. I posted in the match thread at 0-0 that he was on the ball with at least 5 players ahead of him. I say at least 5 because there could've been another player out of shot. This was at 0-0 while Arsenal were playing keep-ball. Ludicrous.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement