Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Raf32 wrote: »
    if wenger would just change and sign what he needed and played a proper formation, he would win a lot back around. we would actually start picking up as well.

I do agree, I do but it makes fcuk all difference who we sign when we're missing 6/7 of our first team.

No team in the world can absorb that.

The whole club should be focused on that. We can't move forward till it's resolved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I do agree, i dont think he will change. Feel terrible for turning on someone i have so much respect for but i suppose if i wasnt doing my job right id be gone in the morning too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I do agree, i dont think he will change. Feel terrible for turning on someone i have so much respect for but i suppose if i wasnt doing my job right id be gone in the morning too.

That's how I feel exactly.

I've grew up with this guy, he gave us great years, amazing. But I'm starting to find myself listening to him and thinking 'ah piss of Arsene'. He is there so long now without success it's just not possible to reignite it I feel.

When he's gone I'll look back at him as a great but now I just want to see a change and I know that means we might go further back before we go forward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Soups123 wrote: »
    That's how I feel exactly.

I've grew up with this guy, he gave us great years, amazing. But I'm starting to find myself listening to him and thinking 'ah piss of Arsene'. He is there so long now without success it's just not possible to reignite it I feel.

When he's gone I'll look back at him as a great but now I just want to see a change and I know that means we might go further back before we go forward

Pretty much sums it up. No one id rather see lead us to another league title or champions league than him but I just dont know if he has it in him anymore. What he did the last few years is nothing short of remarkable but i dont know can he lead us forward with this available money now. Most his big buys down the years havent really lit the world up. Just yearn to have a proper squad playing a formation where all our best players thrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

gosplan wrote: »
    I do agree, I do but it makes fcuk all difference who we sign when we're missing 6/7 of our first team.

No team in the world can absorb that.

The whole club should be focused on that. We can't move forward till it's resolved.

Wenger controls everything so aren't all the injuries contributable to him? Bad luck doesn't last season after season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Gutted for Arsene the way this season is going.
    I really really hope his career at Arsenal doesn't end with him going on gardening leave.

Im fully aware of his shortcomings but he's still the man for me. Call it blind faith if you will.

On a positive note Alexis looks dynamite.

JPA wrote: »
    Wenger controls everything so aren't all the injuries contributable to him? Bad luck doesn't last season after season.
    There was something said about a new medical team coming in, doesn't seem to have made much difference. Ozil for example played 36, 35 and 32 matches in his 3 years at Madrid, then last year 26/35 for Arsenal and got injured after 5 this season. 17, 15, 19 in cups/Europe for Madrid, 14 last season, so the number of fixtures can't be blamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

While i'd be lying if I said i feel confidence in Wenger anymore. I don't know who we'd be able to get in to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

if wenger would just change and sign what he needed and played a proper formation, he would win a lot back around. we would actually start picking up as well.

Yeah but sure most have been saying that for a few years now, there's feck all chance of change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Is his contract up at the end of this season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Is his contract up at the end of this season?

No, three more seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    While i'd be lying if I said i feel confidence in Wenger anymore. I don't know who we'd be able to get in to replace him.

To be honest I wouldn't fear that for now, someone will come in it may not work but we'll have tried change. Then we try again and as pressure builds on the board they'll be forced to find success.

Right now it's cosy for everyone, money for everyone and our chin just above water on the park

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

So a view from the ground.

Today was the first day sine Villa last year when the ground had so much venom towards Wenger. Not everyone; not even a majority but a sizeable majority have lost faith in Wenger and all the good will of the Fa cup and the signings are gone.

Too slow in terms of tempo except for the last 10 minutes.
    Too predictable in tactics.
    And ridiculous signings ignoring the glaring weaknesses.
    And that is Wengers fault.

And a board agreeing £3m out to the major shareholder.

Today I reckon about 15% of the ground was empty. The club don't give a Dan about the fans as long as they get the cash in.

As for the game, Sanchez and Wellbeck work their arse off. A refreshing change.

Bellerin was great, recovered well but did a lot better than I expected.

Flamini is and has not been up to the level we require.
    Ox tried hard but his final ball was a shambles so often today.
    Wilshere is so predictable.

I will be surprised if we get 4th. And we may not even get 5th. A season ticket is only value with european games. £1600 this year for that and Kroenke takes £3m out. Taking the piss.

At what point did the mood towards Wenger change pudders or was it there from the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

wonga77 wrote: »
    At what point did the mood towards Wenger change pudders or was it there from the start?

2nd half about 10 minutes in when there still hadn't been a change from him nor had there been a shot on their sub keeper despite him being on the pitch about 25 minutes at that stage.

Wenger was slightly saved by the abuse the ref got.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

That's one thing of the many I don't understand about kronke. He's a billionaire. He's worth about 4,000,000,000. What's three million to him? It's nothing. It's change.

Why take it?

It's only going to cause ill feeling towards him, for no real benefit to him at all.

Chelsea are going to piss the league. Were on motd now for anyone interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Chelsea are going to piss the league. Were on motd now for anyone interested

Just watched it against my better judgement.

I fcuking love sanchez. His ability and work rate is unreal. Hope to god he sticks around.

Ox just isn't improving is he? Campbell deserves to start ahead of him.

Oh and wtf has happened to Mert? He's dog crap this season.

Worrying times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭UnitedWeStand

Pudders wrote: »
    So a view from the ground.

Today was the first day sine Villa last year when the ground had so much venom towards Wenger. Not everyone; not even a majority but a sizeable majority have lost faith in Wenger and all the good will of the Fa cup and the signings are gone.

Too slow in terms of tempo except for the last 10 minutes.
    Too predictable in tactics.
    And ridiculous signings ignoring the glaring weaknesses.
    And that is Wengers fault.

And a board agreeing £3m out to the major shareholder.

Today I reckon about 15% of the ground was empty. The club don't give a Dan about the fans as long as they get the cash in.

As for the game, Sanchez and Wellbeck work their arse off. A refreshing change.

Bellerin was great, recovered well but did a lot better than I expected.

Flamini is and has not been up to the level we require.
    Ox tried hard but his final ball was a shambles so often today.
    Wilshere is so predictable.

I will be surprised if we get 4th. And we may not even get 5th. A season ticket is only value with european games. £1600 this year for that and Kroenke takes £3m out. Taking the piss.

Welbeck and Alexis both come from Utd and Barcelona, two of the most successful clubs in Europe. Both players seem to have an endless ethic to chase after balls regardless of how tired they might be. They're relentless and seem to have a never give up attitude. Now I wonder if thats just coincidence, the fact they're simply highly fit players, or whether its because the clubs from which they came had a different squad mentality to us.

I've always thought ox was better used from the bench, most of the time when he starts he doesn't get into the game. Maybe he's so used to coming on for the last 20. I still think a run of games will do him good.
    When per is good he's excellent but when he's bad he really goes to town. doesn't inspire confidence
    Agreed re Sanchez, such a wonderful attitude

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Arsenal have been living the same season over & over for about the last decade...and whatever about the financial constraints in the past, the failure by Wenger to go for the kill this summer when he has money & sign a couple more big names is costing us dearly.It just seems like he's accepted we can't compete with Chelsea & City and doesn't want to risk any more money trying to catch them.

If I was paying £1300 for a season ticket I would be livid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

IMO, the only thing that can save Wenger from a fan backlash that has been slowly building for years are two big name signings in Jan. I think you'll probably get Khedira, going all out for a CB is defo needed too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

F2EC2CDB-732B-43C6-A4BE-14D6E2DA6463_zpsx3iggdmt.jpg

For all the despair would you rather buying success with an oligarch's billions? I wouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Klopp from Dortmund is the man for me, he barely has money at Dortmund and does a brilliant job. He won't play Jose mind games and will buy in great players with the money. Plus he be shouting and screaming on the sidelines when the players need it. That's who I think the club needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hat all this wenger in out debate considering he def won't leave mid season

All I will say is that if we have a really bad year I think he will walk away

I do think we are been overly harsh considering we are missing 7/8 first team players

But he does deserve critisim

What's been lost in all this is Sanchez

What is it 6 goals and 5 assists in 8 games or something like that

Unbelievable player

Looper007 wrote: »
    Klopp from Dortmund is the man for me, he barely has money at Dortmund and does a brilliant job. He won't play Jose mind games and will buy in great players with the money. Plus he be shouting and screaming on the sidelines when the players need it. That's who I think the club needs.

There lying 14th in there league at the moment I think

There lying 14th in there league at the moment I think

Well that happens when the club are selling on half their best players to Munich to be fair. Keeping Reus was a big plus but they are seriously missing him with his injuries and other injuries to some of their first team players. Not Klopp's fault. I think at Arsenal, he have the money, won't need to sell his best players on unless they want to leave etc. Our Club seriously needs young blood in the coaching staff who will have a Plan B when Plan A isn't working. Won't be afraid to upset players and buy in players that we need.

Unbelievable player

Wait until an City, Chelsea and Utd or other top European club come sniffing around in two years time. He won't stay too longer if we don't get top 4 this season. He's the only player who can rightly say he's playing for the shirt right now. Brilliant player far too good for this side.

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    Just watched it against my better judgement.

I fcuking love sanchez. His ability and work rate is unreal. Hope to god he sticks around.

Ox just isn't improving is he? Campbell deserves to start ahead of him.

Oh and wtf has happened to Mert? He's dog crap this season.

Worrying times ahead.

Ox had a woeful game yesterday but to say he hasn't improved is a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Unbelievable player

He is a class player and I'd have loved him at Liverpool. The closest like for like player to suarez in world football. With Walcott due back soon there is going to be some serious pace in your front 3 of Walcott sanchez wellbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Ox had a woeful game yesterday but to say he hasn't improved is a stupid comment.

He hasn't stepped up at all, not in line with his potential. Do you really believe he's getting better and better each season? Ok he's a better player then when he arrived at the club but is that enough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Unbelievable player

Great player when he is played. Wenger is only playing him because we have so many injuries,.

I agree about Klopp, i think he'd be perfect for the job but this myth about Dortmund not having money annoys me. They were the highest spenders in Germany in the last window spending more than Bayern. They are not exactly broke. If they sell big players they usually reinvest the money elsewhere, not like our lot

omega man wrote: »
    He hasn't stepped up at all, not in line with his potential. Do you really believe he's getting better and better each season? Ok he's a better player then when he arrived at the club but is that enough?

He has flashes of brilliance but is far too inconsistant for my liking

• Advertisement

Quazzie wrote: »
    Great player when he is played. Wenger is only playing him because we have so many injuries,.

????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I agree about Klopp, i think he'd be perfect for the job but this myth about Dortmund not having money annoys me. They were the highest spenders in Germany in the last window spending more than Bayern. They are not exactly broke. If they sell big players they usually reinvest the money elsewhere, not like our lot

Compare their wage bill with Bayerns.

Don't think the Ox will make it myself. Good player and huge physicality against tiring defences but just not quite there in terms of the footballing brain.

I still have hope for Wilshire but not too much.

Alexis, Walcott, Ozil, Ramsey, Kos, Debuchy.

If I'm being brutally honest, they're the six players we have that wouldn't be upgraded at City or Chelsea. Or to put it another way, they're the players City and Chelsea will come looking for if we don't cop on.

They're the players I think we can call world class or close to it. One of them played yesterday.

It makes no difference who we sign. Matic would be injured right now if he played for us. No way would Costa have lasted 7 games with us, he'd be crocked after 1.

We can't play this off the cuff, free spirited, jazz football if all our most talented players are out. It just won't work, it never has.

????

Are you forgetting than when we had more players available Wenger preferred to start with Alexis as a sub?

He looks like a man under pressure, and he needs to stand up and admit he isn't up to it anymore.

Are you forgetting than when we had more players available Wenger preferred to start with Alexis as a sub?

He looks like a man under pressure, and he needs to stand up and admit he isn't up to it anymore.

Like twice was it? After the away match that he started in Dortmund.

I get you're pissed off but I don't think being rotated a couple of times equates to always starting on the bench.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Compare their wage bill with Bayerns.

True, their wage bill is half of Bayerns and less than Schalke too I think but they still arent scratching around for pennies as is so often portrayed. They have sold big players for big money in the past but have spent big money themselves too. Must have killed them to have got zero for Lewandowski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

You don't know Arsene Wenger very well if you think he'd spend 35m on a bench player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Pure baloney. There's a lot of things you've pull Arsene up for but that is ridiculous.

greendom wrote: »
    Pure baloney. There's a lot of things you've pull Arsene up for but that is ridiculous.

True or false, when we had more players available did Wenger start with Alexis on the bench, playing Ozil on the wing instead?

True or false, when we had more players available did Wenger start with Alexis on the bench, playing Ozil on the wing instead?

Depends which game you mean.

It's just not accurate to imply that Wenger sees him outside the first team.

You're talking about games vrs Villa and Spurs, either side of which he started champions league games.

There are a lot of legitimate gripes against Wenger now. This isn't one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

I don't think he looked under pressure in that interview. Probably is feeling the pressure though :) I feel asking what THE reason for winning only 2 out of 8 games seems like a silly question? I dunno though maybe not. And then pushing the DMF signing. Still think ye should have got the goals back to undo the 2 goals.

I felt ye played well enough near the end to come away with the win. Thought you were definitely going to get the 3-2 actually.

Really think Sanchez is a great player. And Wellbeck has a great touch. Would be great to see you with a fully fit squad and everything clicking in to place.

Anyway, on to the next game I guess. Onwards and upwards!!

Depends which game you mean.

It's just not accurate to imply that Wenger sees him outside the first team.

At present there is no evidence to suggest that given a full strength squad that Wenger sees our best starting XI excluding Alexis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Whats your sample size? 2 games?

If you really think Wenger paid 35 million on Sanchez to play him on the bench your an idiot.

At present there is no evidence to suggest that given a full strength squad that Wenger sees our best starting XI excluding Alexis.

So what's the evidence that he doesn't?

He's started more games than not.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Whats your sample size? 2 games?

If you really think Wenger paid 35 million on Sanchez to play him on the bench your an idiot.

*you're

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement