Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Oh he scores I hope he celebrates dont show us fans respect, He didn't do that when he went on strike to force his way out

People here hate nasri but not cesc, Cesc went on strike and wouldn't play for us, nasri put in a man of the match performance against Liverpool before he left
    Cesc will be nothing but an afterthought In arsenals history

I have as much time for Cesc as I do for Henry and hope both return to the club in some capacity at a later stage. Yes, both forced their way out of the club, which wasn't moving in the right direction at the time to match their ambitions, but since then both have been nothing but respectful and have looked back fondly on their time at Arsenal. So no, Cole, Adebayor, Nasri or van Persie they are not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

That would never happen with Cesc and you know it :rolleyes:
    The man has a bit of class. Ade had none.

Any man that goes in strike and refuses to play with club or go on tour has no class
    He is media friendly that's what he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Oh he scores I hope he celebrates dont show us fans respect, He didn't do that when he went on strike to force his way out

People here hate nasri but not cesc, Cesc went on strike and wouldn't play for us, nasri put in a man of the match performance against Liverpool before he left
    Cesc will be nothing but an afterthought In arsenals history

He played with a feckin broken leg for us against Barca and scored a penalty in that match.
    Now that was class.
    He will be remembered for a VERY long time in fairness.
    The fact that he's now at Chelsea is down to Wenger alone.

He's gone now so we should all move on but don't talk utter tripe to try and prove a point that doesn't need to be made.

He played with a feckin broken leg for us against Barca and scored a penalty in that match.
    Now that was class.
    He will be remembered for a VERY long time in fairness.
    The fact that he's now at Chelsea is down to Wenger alone.

He's gone now so we should all move on but don't talk utter tripe to try and prove a point that doesn't need to be made.

How the fcuk is it wengers fault

He wanted to leave, he forced his way out

How fans can turn on the boss and still love Cesc is fcuking ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

First option, wenger said when he was informed the deal was already done

Well then Wenger should back up what he says with facts, and Barcelona should be made pay for breach of contract, or he should shut the fúck up.
    Any man that goes in strike and refuses to play with club or go on tour has no class
    He is media friendly that's what he is
    That's kind of funny you should say that, when one sentence from Wenger about what he thinks, has you believing that a legally binding contract was broken.:rolleyes:

L'prof wrote: »
    I have as much time for Cesc as I do for Henry and hope both return to the club in some capacity at a later stage. Yes, both forced their way out of the club, which wasn't moving in the right direction at the time to match their ambitions, but since then both have been nothing but respectful and have looked back fondly on their time at Arsenal. So no, Cole, Adebayor, Nasri or van Persie they are not!

It's an insult to Henry to mention Cesc in the same breath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

It's an insult to Henry to mention Cesc in the same breath

Haha, no it really isn't! Get over it, people have a different opinion than you!

How the fcuk is it wengers fault

He wanted to leave, he forced his way out

How fans can turn on the boss and still love Cesc is fcuking ridiculous

As was already said several times "there was a buy back clause".

AND the reason for leaving was an honourable one in that he wanted to play for his boyhood club unlike some of the others that left and who said that "Wenger had no ambition".

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well then Wenger should back up what he says with facts, and Barcelona should be made pay for breach of contract, or he should shut the fúck up.
    That's kind of funny you should say that, when one sentence from Wenger about what he thinks, has you believing that a legally binding contract was broken.:rolleyes:

Cesc done it the same year he was leaving, been media friendly while kicking up fuss behind the scene

You will happily slag of the boss why welcome him back

Fcuking ridiculous

As was already said several times "there was a buy back clause".

AND the reason for leaving was an honourable one in that he wanted to play for his boyhood club unlike some of the others that left and who said that "Wenger had no ambition".

It's homourable to go on strike?

Making us take a lesser deal all the while he was captain of this great club

• Advertisement

When has Wenger or the club ever said he went on strike. Both claimed he was injured.

When has Wenger or the club ever said he went on strike. Both claimed he was injured.

ivan last year said he refused to go in the tour to Asia

Wenger would never say anything bad about any ex player

The man has class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Can we please stop talking about Fabragas. Its the worst topic on this thread and its been done to death.

He forced his way out when Arsenal needed him most.

Tried to come back when it didn't work out but we didn't need him.

Neither you nor I know what went on behind the scenes at that time except for what was in the media.
    he fact that there was a but-back clause and it was not used says a lot about who's ego was effected.
    Cesc was our best player for years and will be remembered as such. Now move on with a bit of dignity.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Can we please stop talking about Fabragas. Its the worst topic on this thread and its been done to death.

He forced his way out when Arsenal needed him most.

Tried to come back when it didn't work out but we didn't need him.
    All of that is conjecture, and the last part is hugely debatable. Many would believe Cesc would be an upgrade to anything we have at the moment,.

Neither you nor I know what went on behind the scenes at that time except for what was in the media.
    he fact that there was a but-back clause and it was not used says a lot about who's ego was effected.
    Cesc was our best player for years and will be remembered as such. Now move on with a bit of dignity.

I won't move on when people come into this thread and talk shît about the boss while making Cesc out to be some fcukin Lord

I won't move on when people come into this thread and talk shît about the boss while making Cesc out to be some fcukin Lord

I think there's a few closet Cesc lovers in denial here too :pac:

All of that is conjecture, and the last part is hugely debatable. Many would believe Cesc would be an upgrade to anything we have at the moment,.

He prob would be but when you spend 40 odd million on a guy you have to have faith in him.

I completely back Wenger's decision on this one.

I think there's a few closet Cesc lovers in denial here too :pac:

Once he left for Barca that love left

I support the club

• Advertisement

He prob would be but when you spend 40 odd million on a guy you have to have faith in him.

I completely back Wenger's decision on this one.

I agree with you on that but if the fee was cheap we could have done the buy-back and had two great players. With our injury record we could have been doing with an extra midfielder. We could have made sure players were getting the required rest and not over-playing them and risking even more injuries.

Once he left for Barca that love left

I support the club

If you look at the history of football you will see players leaving clubs all the time. Some even went to rivals i.e. Sol Campbell, Mickey Thomas, Ray Kennedy etc etc.

Didn't make them traitors, bad footballers, greedy sods etc in my eyes. A playing career is very short and people want to experience new things all the time.

The next best thing is just around the corner, players and managers.

If you look at the history of football you will see players leaving clubs all the time. Some even went to rivals i.e. Sol Campbell, Mickey Thomas, Ray Kennedy etc etc.

Didn't make them traitors, bad footballers, greedy sods etc in my eyes. A playing career is very short and people want to experience new things all the time.

The next best thing is just around the corner, players and managers.

I'm bitter about how he left why still wanting the love of the fans (which he happened to win over)

I agree with you on that but if the fee was cheap we could have done the buy-back and had two great players. With our injury record we could have been doing with an extra midfielder. We could have made sure players were getting the required rest and not over-playing them and risking even more injuries.

If we had signed cesc we wouldn't have gotten Sanchez I reckon. While we have money now I don't think we'd have paid for both. An attacking player was.badly needed (along with defensive cover but thats another conversation!!) And we brought in one of the best. If we had bought cesc people would have been questioning it saying we need an attacker and would have criticised Wenger for being too loyal to cesv or something along those lines

If we had signed cesc we wouldn't have gotten Sanchez I reckon. While we have money now I don't think we'd have paid for both. An attacking player was.badly needed (along with defensive cover but thats another conversation!!) And we brought in one of the best. If we had bought cesc people would have been questioning it saying we need an attacker and would have criticised Wenger for being too loyal to cesv or something along those lines

I agree, we needed a lot more directness, and some pace down the flanks. The only way I would have made it work would be to bring in Sanchez and Cesc and cash in on someone like Cazorla (as great as he is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

This makes sense in a way but I'd bet that the only position we're never stuck for is the central AMF spot which is really Fab's spot.

It's Ozil, Wilshire and Santi's best position.

• Advertisement

I'm of the opinion that what we needed first (and still do) is a good big fast and no-nonsense DM. Even before any of the others. (but Cesc would have been cheap).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger's words:

“I have no personal animosity against Fabregas. I wish him well. He’s a great player and a person and player I love. Once he left us, he left us. We are all professionals and we have to accept that. Everyone respects Cesc here and I want him to get the reception he deserves on Sunday."

I think we need to move on to talking about the match now because it's clear we all have different thoughts on Cesc and arguing over it the day before the match is just pissing people off.

I'm not as terrified about the game as I was during the week. As others have said, if we can stay tight for the first 20 then we have a chance. Would love to see Welbeck give Terry a right good game and use his pace to get in behind and cause them trouble. I fear what will happen if we concede early though. Would love to come away from there still unbeaten.

I know it's not going to happen OK, I know that. It's us away to a big team and Chelsea at home - there can be only one outcome.

But, if there was ever a match where a win had more value than 3 points, this is it.

Only 3 points behind in title race with Chelsea to come to us
    A really tough early run of fixtures over with
    A massive monkey of our back in terms of away matches vrs the big teams
    Wenger finally beats Mourinho
    Serious serious momentum
    The only unbeaten team left

Uuggghhhhh. It would just be so so good for us.

Shame really

I'm of the opinion that what we needed first (and still do) is a good big fast and no-nonsense DM. Even before any of the others. (but Cesc would have been cheap).

I am off the same opinion. Cesc wasn't that player though

• Advertisement

I am off the same opinion. Cesc wasn't that player though

I disagree. Obv we discount Sagna's and Verm's replacemets but after that we needed to look at goals scored. We scored 30 something goals less than City and Pool whereas we kept the most clean sheets. Obv the big games were a problem but overall, being more solid wasn't our biggest priority.

That side to side static slow play simply had to end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wow shocked by that. Was expecting another bashing from a Liverpudlian.

Remember when we scored 5 against Chelsea with Andre Santos, Djourou, Song and Gervinho in the team? Great times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

greendom wrote: »
    Wow shocked by that. Was expecting another bashing from a Liverpudlian.

As a lfc fan no Liverpudlian has the right to bash anyone right now. Wenger has been great for you. Hope arsenal win tomor.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

He came up through our youth system to captain the club. Spout your bitter bullshíte all ya like but at least pay the man the respect he deserves.

The man showed no respect to the club or manager the way he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

He came up through our youth system to captain the club. Spout your bitter bullshíte all ya like but at least pay the man the respect he deserves.

The man showed no respect to the club or manager the way he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Remember when we scored 5 against Chelsea with Andre Santos, Djourou, Song and Gervinho in the team? Great times.

Also had RVP on top form and AVB deploying a high line with JT at the back, was great craic watching us coz we could beat anyone and get picked off with 1 ball.

Im of the opinion that AVB was lucky that Bale was carrying Spurs later as hes not a great coach who couldnt adapt to a situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

What a horrid start to the new thread.

What a horrid start to the new thread.

Get over it Bob.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    They have as much right to be wrong as I have to be right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Fabregas again.....really.....Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

2yjt0qo.gif

Bit idiotic to think Fabregas wouldn't be raised the first time we're playing against him in Chelsea colours tbf.

Will he get a hard time from the supporters is the question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

3 points tomorrow to get Wengers first win against Mourinho and kick start our drive for the league. We can do it.

I see the people in here predicting a win tomorrow are the same people who predicted we'd trounce Spurs and we'd overrun Dortmund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I see the people in here predicting a win tomorrow are the same people who predicted we'd trounce Spurs and we'd overrun Dortmund.

Personally haven't been near the thread in two weeks. Just fancy Wenger to get one over tomorrow. Last years result in the same fixture was horrific. Chance for him to show if he has learnt anything.

HazDanz wrote: »
    Personally haven't been near the thread in two weeks. Just fancy Wenger to get one over tomorrow. Last years result in the same fixture was horrific. Chance for him to show if he has learnt anything.

Yes it is a great chance for Wenger to show that he has learned from last season.
    A win would really bolster his support with the fans and restore the pride that was lost because of the drubbings last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I thought Dortmund would stuff us and i think Chelsea will too. Hopefully we have learned something but i doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

I sometimes think this is the I hate Arsenal thread ffs forget who should be playing for who and get behind the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Quazzie come on man get yourself out of this downbeat feel and get behind your team :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Worked the night shift tonight so I had the day off for this game. Come on The Arsenal please dont let us down, massive massive game for us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement