Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Oh no?

This here is 3 months old.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91130946

Few posts down you'll see me agreeing that Mert and Kosc were better than Verm and Kosc, my opiion has never changed and you quoting specific posts and trying to twist them around is just ridiculously childish.

How the hell am I twisting that?

So you think Mert is **** and you'd rather Hayden played.

Yes or no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

gosplan wrote: »
    How the hell am I twisting that?

So you think Mert is **** and you'd rather Hayden played.

Yes or no?

Yes i do? Why else would i say that?

We had moved past that you agreed with me about squad depth and then you said this: "I also think you're being unrealistic about Mert's contribution last year. They were a really good partnership for the majority of the time."

Where that came from i dont know? You have nothing to back it up and what you do is quote me saying I don't like Mertesacker? What does that heave to do with hi contribution last year? I've said numerous times he was good.

Yes i do? Why else would i say that?

We had moved past that you agreed with me about squad depth and then you said this: "I also think you're being unrealistic about Mert's contribution last year. They were a really good partnership for the majority of the time."

Where that came from i dont know? You have nothing to back it up and what you do is quote me saying I don't like Mertesacker? What does that heave to do with hi contribution last year? I've said numerous times he was good.

So if I'm getting this right you're just saying he's complete **** right now ... But was good last year. Better than Verm. Then that aside you'd rather Hayden played.

This makes very little sense to the majority of us tbh.

Also stuff like the below

Why would we leave Kosc on the bench? Leave that statue Mert on the bench and play Kosc with Verm, Mert is a liability imo and is getting away with murder because Kosc keeps saving his ass. It's a pointless discussion to have really, you didn't think Verm was good enough i did. We have bigger issues now :(

So that was posted after Verm left but now you'd rather a Kos/Verm partnership?

I'm sure this all makes sense to you.

So if I'm getting this right you're just saying he's complete **** right now ... But was good last year. Better than Verm. Then that aside you'd rather Hayden played.

This makes very little sense to the majority of us tbh.

Also stuff like the below

So that was posted after Verm left but now you'd rather a Mert/Verm partnership?

I'm sure this all makes sense to you.

It's reeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy not that hard to understand. I don't like Mertesacker and i never have. My ideal CB pairing was Verm+Kosc when Verm got injured and Mert start regularly playing him and Kosc worked well.

Verm was in and out of injuries and when he played last year he was out of form so Mert+Kos worked better. My comment about preferring Mert to verm last year summed that up pretty well.

Ok so lets take the first paragraph of your post, yes Mert is complete **** right now, yes he was good last year, better than Verm, and NOW this year when he's **** i'd prefer Hayden do you follow?

2nd paragraph makes no sense at all where was there any mention of me preferring a Verm+Mert partnership???

No what your saying does not make sense to me.

2nd paragraph makes no sense at all where was there any mention of me preferring a Verm+Mert partnership???

No what your saying does not make sense to me.

Sorry, edited that bit there. Did you make the same mistake when you said prefer Mert to Kos?

Sorry, edited that bit there. Did you make the same mistake when you said prefer Mert to Kos?

Ah makes sense now, yeah.

So, if you have a look at the conversation that you took that quote from you'll see i said an inform Verm+Kos is better than Mert+Kos and an inform Verm is better than Kos. The problem was Verm was not inform so i preferred Kos and Mert last year. It's not that complicated and preferring Verm to Mert isn't a ridiculous opinion so whats the problem?

Ah makes sense now, yeah.

So, if you have a look at the conversation that you took that quote from you'll see i said an inform Verm+Kos is better than Mert+Kos and an inform Verm is better than Kos. The problem was Verm was not inform so i preferred Kos and Mert last year. It's not that complicated and preferring Verm to Mert isn't a ridiculous opinion so whats the problem?

The problem is you calling a player 'complete ****' as opposed to out of form which was what you said about Verm.

What do you expect people to think 'if you say X is complete rank replace him with a kid'.

They won't assume you mean 'actually he was good last year but he's out of form now'

I don't think that's what you meant though. It just fits your words.

But don't post things like 'it's reaallllllyyyy simple' because it's deliberately vague

The problem is you calling a player 'complete ****' as opposed to out of form which was what you said about Verm.

What do you expect people to think 'if you say X is complete rank replace him with a kid'.

They won't assume you mean 'actually he was good last year but he's out of form now'

I don't think that's what you meant though. It just fits your words.

But don't post things like 'it's reaallllllyyyy simple' because it's deliberately vague

Verm was out of form, Mertesacker is complete ****. Thats an opinion of mine and I'm more than entitled to express it.

Mertesacker had a good year last year because Kosc complimented him and saved his ass on numerous occasions. I've said this before i dont know why I'm saying it again?

It's not vague at all, look i'll make a little chart for ya.

Verm>Kosc>Mert

Kosc>Mert>Verm out of form

Kosc>anyone in the world>Mert out of form

That's what i think, you don't agree let's stop bitching like a pair of oulwans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Want to hear fellow Arsenals fans take on Arshavin

On the Video I posted here are some people say he was brilliant for us ( got to admit I never saw too much brilliance from the lad, yes his 4 goals agaisn't Liverpool were brilliant and maybe his goal in the 2-1 win at home to Barcelona). Many of his fans say Wenger misused him.

I think he was one of the top 3 most disappointing buys, I was so pumped when he joined but at the end I wanted rid of him.

Do you guys think he was misused or was simply not the player we all thought he was from Euro 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Bit of both, would have liked to see him used centrally when he came, but tbh he gave up as a footballer and became lazy

• Advertisement

He was horribly misused and then became lazy and uninterested because of it. IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Played out of position but accepted it all too easily and gave up. Disappointing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lads who's throwing up the match thread for tonight? Gonna miss the game so looking forward to the painfully honest contribution the boards arsenal fans can offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Verm was out of form, Mertesacker is complete ****. Thats an opinion of mine and I'm more than entitled to express it.

Mertesacker had a good year last year because Kosc complimented him and saved his ass on numerous occasions. I've said this before i dont know why I'm saying it again?

It's not vague at all, look i'll make a little chart for ya.

Verm>Kosc>Mert

Kosc>Mert>Verm out of form

Kosc>anyone in the world>Mert out of form

That's what i think, you don't agree let's stop bitching like a pair of oulwans.
    I get you just dont agree, Verm had one good year and even then was a liability with his kamikaze runs to join the attack at 0-0.

Kos the best athlete out of the 3 and Mert for me the best reader of the game. He will come good

Soups123 wrote: »
    Bit of both, would have liked to see him used centrally when he came, but tbh he gave up as a footballer and became lazy

It's amazing we were all excited when he got to Arsenal after a explosive Euro 2008 (his first season was his best and he was alright during that season) but at the end you could hear moaning and groaning from the crowd anytime he came on and sometimes he was been overlooked for inexperienced players in the central position. I think Wenger would have got rid of him earlier but Arshavin stayed in London as long as he could to play out his massive contract or for other reasons ( he left his wife for a young English Model).

I get you just dont agree, Verm had one good year and even then was a liability with his kamikaze runs to join the attack at 0-0.

Kos the best athlete out of the 3 and Mert for me the best reader of the game. He will come good

Ah one good year is harsh on the lad, and in fairness he scored a few crackers. I'd agree Kos is the best athlete but i think he reads the game better than Mert as well. I think reading and interceptions is the only thing Mert has going for him and even then he's nothing special at it.

I really wanna get off this subject tho so i'll stop responding as to not receive any more abuse about disliking Mert.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Played out of position but accepted it all too easily and gave up. Disappointing.

Well he accepted it cause he was been paid a lot of money. Yeah I agree, total lack of fight in him. With Russia even during his bad times at Arsenal he gave a 100% but he come back here and his heart never seemed into it. He give us glimpses of great moments but he never showed that he wanted to fight and prove his doubters wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Ah one good year is harsh on the lad, and in fairness he scored a few crackers. I'd agree Kos is the best athlete but i think he reads the game better than Mert as well. I think reading and interceptions is the only thing Mert has going for him and even then he's nothing special at it.

I really wanna get off this subject tho so i'll stop responding as to not receive any more abuse about disliking Mert.
    Sorry no abuse. Just discussing - thats what the thread is for.

Hopefully they prove you wrong just as Ramsey proved me wrong cos at the end of the day we are all Arsenal fans.

COYG!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Verm was never great defensively

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

His goals against Liverpool will always make me smile. Our defending that night pisses me right off so I tend not to think about that night.

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Lads who's throwing up the match thread for tonight? Gonna miss the game so looking forward to the painfully honest contribution the boards arsenal fans can offer.

I can give you the details now as I'm mystic meg :pac:. a brutal 0-0 draw, a few more injuries, Wenger waffling some crap and throwing a fit on the sidelines. And a lot of brutal damning and near mental breakdowns calling for Wengers head and saying this player needs to go.

p.s this might not happen but 90% it might :pac:

Sorry no abuse. Just discussing - thats what the thread is for.

Hopefully they prove you wrong just as Ramsey proved me wrong cos at the end of the day we are all Arsenal fans.

COYG!

No i didn't mean from you but thanks for being so polite!

I hope they prove me wrong, I hope everyone who puts on an Arsenal shirt proves me wrong as i want Arsenal to do well regardless of the players.

His goals against Liverpool will always make me smile. Our defending that night pisses me right off so I tend not to think about that night.

Even Sagna had a right stinker but scary how good we were going forward. I think if we had the defence we had now (I Know a lot of hate for Mert and co lately) and that Midfield we would have won the league, no doubt in my mind.

IT was voted game of the season that 4-4 draw, Liverpool didn't win the league if I remember thanks to that result.

efb wrote: »
    Verm was never great defensively

He was one of the best around for a while there during his first season or two then it went all wrong for him to be fair with injuries. I think becoming the captain for us was a jinx to him as well. For been someone who's struggled for the past few seasons to get a move to Barcelona is still mind boggling to me.

Looper007 wrote: »
    He was one of the best around for a while there during his first season or two then it went all wrong for him to be fair with injuries. I think becoming the captain for us was a jinx to him as well. For been someone who's struggled for the past few seasons to get a move to Barcelona is still mind boggling to me.

They know what he's capable of and will prob remain injury free now he's far away from Arsenal :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Looper007 wrote: »
    Even Sagna had a right stinker but scary how good we were going forward. I think if we had the defence we had now (I Know a lot of hate for Mert and co lately) and that Midfield we would have won the league, no doubt in my mind.

IT was voted game of the season that 4-4 draw, Liverpool didn't win the league if I remember thanks to that result.

I said I don't wanna think it pal :pac:

I said I don't wanna think it pal :pac:

love to remind you of the those great memories :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any word on the team for tonight lads?
    We seem to have the bare bones fit yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs; Flamini; Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla; Welbeck.

Monreal at CB again :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Any hope for Walcott tonight? Need something different..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Arsenal: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs; Flamini; Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla; Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Dont like that team at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Where's Bell?

Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs; Flamini; Sanchez, Wilshere, Ramsey, Cazorla; Welbeck.

would have played Bellerin right back and chambers centre back, Arteta musn't be fit still. Apart from that its best we could have put out.

Routine-looking win required tonight really.

Where's Bell?

On the bench...Huddart, Bellerin, Rosicky, Arteta, Ox, Poldi, Campbell

Would have much preferred Chambers at CB and Bellerin at RB.

Routine-looking win required tonight really.

I expect these players to step up and show some pride tonight. I think the Belgians will fancy taking us tonight.

Always good to have a player on the bench who hasn't even got a Wikipedia page. :pac:

Monreal at CB again :rolleyes:

In fairness to him, he actually didn't do too badly the other day.

It kind of makes sense though. Chambers and Martinez both raw. Need a bit of experience in there.

Obviously an experienced CB in there would be better still, but hey.

• Advertisement

Always good to have a player on the bench who hasn't even got a Wikipedia page. :pac:

Nice to have players on the bench full stop :pac:

In fairness to him, he actually didn't do too badly the other day.

Not a knock on Monreal at all just Chambers is a better option really.

Ha probably should have been Iliev playing but apparently he's still suspended after a red card in UEFA youth league last year...must have been picking up tips from Szcz!

Ha probably should have been Iliev playing but apparently he's still suspended after a red card in UEFA youth league last year...must have been picking up tips from Szcz!

He hasn't got a wiki page either. This is ridiculous! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just woke up.. What have I missed?

That Huddart lad is just 17 and only made his U21 debut on Friday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just woke up.. What have I missed?

The other half of our team have gotten injured :pac:

Does anybody actually know anything about Anderlecht?? Have no idea what to expect!

Typical Wenger drop the specialised right back replace him with one if your only two fit CBs and play your cover left back at CB.

• Advertisement

Does anybody actually know anything about Anderlecht?? Have no idea what to expect!

There not great we should be beaten time 2/3 nil

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement