Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Anyone who doesn't think we need a DM and a CB should be forced to watch that game over and over again.

Is there anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

You would rather we didn't win

And you got a load of likes

Fcuk right off

But losing badly wil and should ideally force wenger and the board to change there ways else if they win like this, what gives wenger the reason to change his ways?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fcuk right off

You know my posting style long enough, I'm not a throw the toys out of the pram poster, generally quite positive

But the straw that broke the camels back has come, tonight again was FL2 level.

It's the first time ever I'd have taken a loss if it upped the anti on Arsene & the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

But losing badly wil and should ideally force wenger and the board to change there ways else if they win like this, what gives wenger the reason to change his ways?

What changed after the big losses last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The hidings we took last season had no effect on Wenger though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Soups123 wrote: »
    You know my posting style long enough, I'm not a throw the toys out of the pram poster, generally quite positive

But the straw that broke the camels back has come, tonight again was FL2 level.

It's the first time ever I'd have taken a loss if it upped the anti on Arsene & the club

Have your opinions

Want the manager gone. Give out about players

But wanting us too loose is too far and that's not been a fan of you ask me

But the were masked with some really good form until Christmas and an FA Cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anything short of relegation and Wenger will be going nowhere. As the matches go on I grow more frustrated with him. used never think Id see an Arsenal without him but right now I cant wait for that day.

Have your opinions

Want the manager gone. Give out about players

But wanting us too loose is too far and that's not been a fan of you ask me

That's bull, I would take an insignificant loss to Anderlecht if it was the beginning of change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wenger - controlled the first half, tried to open it up in the second half and Anderlecht took advantage. Crucial part was when Anderlecht didn't take any of their chances when they were 1 - 0 up. We showed resiliance and got the result in the end.

Paraphrasing a fair bit but that was the gist. He looked fairly glum until the interviewer mentioned his birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

That's bull, I would take an insignificant loss to Anderlecht if it was the beginning of change.

What your saying is bull

Wanted the team to loose for any reason is bull

So apparently it was a poor performance. :pac:

On the bright side we should be through after the next game so there's always that. From the sounds of it something needs to change though. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

All round, not good enough.

Only positive is Sanchez is great.

But he won't want to hang around if this garbage continues.

TThis team needs to sort it out, wenger needs his head examined if he doesn't improve Cb and dm. Urgently.

Anderlecht should have won that by two or three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"We kept going and managed to score 2 good goals because we had spirit."

"We were less cautious defensively and got caught."

More bull**** from Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Not wanting the team to win is pathetic in any circumstances, come on lads.

• Advertisement

Fcuk right off

I understand exactly how he feels though.
    I said before the game that we had no chance of winning this competition and wanted to see Hayden at CB to give him experience.
    Any competition we are in we should be in to win BUT we cannot possibly win this and tonight proved that. We were dire for 89 minutes. Barca would have hammered us.
    I am really only interested in the EPL which is 38 games long and we should be giving that our best shot. This team couldn't compete with Real Madrid, Bayern or Barca at the moment even at full strength never mind with half a team.
    Our attitude was awful both on the team and on the sideline. Wenger's interviews are becoming embarrassing.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    All round, not good enough.

Only positive is Sanchez is great.

But he won't want to hang around if this garbage continues.

TThis team needs to sort it out, wenger needs his head examined if he doesn't improve Cb and dm. Urgently.

Anderlecht should have won that by two or three.

no there were more positives - that was a brilliant cross from Chambers and a sublime finish from Gibbs. I think that's it though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You have to be very naive to think that Wenger would get sacked based on any result tonight.

What your saying is bull

Wanted the team to loose for any reason is bull

I disagree

AdamD wrote: »
    You have to be very naive to think that Wenger would get sacked based on any result tonight.

he will serve out his contract unless he breaks it and I don't think he has ever done that before

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    he will serve out his contract unless he breaks it and I don't think he has ever done that before

Judging by the unrest building and unless there is a serious change in performance across the team I think it's nearer than we think

Robert Pires on SS1 now.

I was one campaigning for Balo over the summer. Thank f**k im not the manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Knew there would of been some on here not minding a defeat there tonight just in hope of getting rid of the boss. I think thats pathetic myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

farna_boy wrote: »
    What changed after the big losses last year?

we won the fa cup and got top 4.

we need to be out of top 4 and win nothing for wenger to change his ways. if that doesnt then u all know for sure wenger needs to go, simple as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

As many wins in the UCL as in the EPL

Never want Arsenal to lose but a performance like that would make the sanest man question his beliefs and set up differently for the next game. 100% we will go the exact same.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Knew there would of been some on here not minding a defeat there tonight just in hope of getting rid of the boss. I think thats pathetic myself.

I think it's more pathetic to be happy with mediocrity living the same season over and over and over again

The same issues with transfers, tactics, mentality etc etc etc

Judging by the unrest building and unless there is a serious change in performance across the team I think it's nearer than we think

I think results will begin to pick up now with the returning players - Walcott, Koscielny and Arteta in particular. If that doesn't happen and we begin to slide to the bottom half of the table I may be proven wrong.

Poldi has 6 CL goals in 9 games for us. Efficient

• Advertisement

I think results will begin to pick up now with the returning players - Walcott, Koscielny and Arteta in particular. If that doesn't happen and we begin to slide to the bottom half of the table I may be proven wrong.

I hope your right but do you think Wenger can get us back competing or do you think more 4ths if were lucky are the best it gets

Do you not hate the thought of that more?

We all know we will finish fourth as usual though so nothing will change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I think it's more pathetic to be happy with mediocrity living the same season over and over and over again

Im far from happy with what I have seen from the team, not only tonight but for the most part of the season. But never once would I want us to lose.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Poldi has 6 CL goals in 9 games for us. Efficient

Clinical finish tonight - didn't just blast it but took his time to look and find his spot. I agree that he doesn't do enough to warrant a starting place though. Wenger would have to sacrifice a midfielder and go 4 4 2. That is very unlikely

I remember just days of happiness when we beat Barca 2-1 a few years back.

I never thought we'd win the ****ing thing ad I knew there was a massive chance of us going out in the return leg ... Which we did. But it was just great.

You don't have to win the thing to get something from it, as a fan or a team.

I hope your right but do you think Wenger can get us back competing or do you think more 4ths if were lucky are the best it gets

Do you not hate the thought of that more?

Hope springs eternal for me. If we can get that elusive player at the base of the midfield and a centre back in January I'd be optimistic about a strong end to the season. So all we need to do is try grinding out results between now and January.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Im far from happy with what I have seen from the team, not only tonight but for the most part of the season. But never once would I want us to lose.

I don't really want us to lose, I want us to win every game my point was more about what I'd accept to force change and that's it.

I know a few don't like comments like that but it was my frustrated response to another **** game and team performance.

I don't need to convince anyone here of my support of this club that fact I want more from the club and the depts I'd accept as a drop to get there make me as much a fan as anyone else

Hope springs eternal for me. I we can get that elusive player at the base of the midfield and a centre back in January I'd be optimistic about a strong end to the season. So all we need to do is try grinding out results between now and January.

**** that. I'll settle for Walcott, Giroud, Kos and Arteta back. Then maybe Rambo finding a bit of form and Ozil coming back strong.

Hope springs eternal for me. I we can get that elusive player at the base of the midfield and a centre back in January I'd be optimistic about a strong end to the season. So all we need to do is try grinding out results between now and January.

My hope has been too tested now!

Wenger failed in the summer and I've zero confidence he will fix it in Jan, I think we could finish strong and claim forth but I have no appetite for that anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

How someone could say they'd be happy with a loss tonight is just mad. Its actually baffling.. This was a game we desperately needed to win to keep in touch with BVB, and you wanted us to lose it!

Don't get me wrong we played crap and i'm pretty pissed at that. But not enough to want us to lose.

Na, you can jog on with that nonsense.

Hope springs eternal for me. If we can get that elusive player at the base of the midfield and a centre back in January I'd be optimistic about a strong end to the season. So all we need to do is try grinding out results between now and January.

I used to think like that too but got constantly let down. We wont get them players, and when we eventually do someone else will need replacing.

gosplan wrote: »
    I remember just days of happiness when we beat Barca 2-1 a few years back.

I never thought we'd win the ****ing thing ad I knew there was a massive chance of us going out in the return leg ... Which we did. But it was just great.

You don't have to win the thing to get something from it, as a fan or a team.

yes the old "one offs" can be entertaining alright.

Who said we were happy with it? Actively wanting the team you support to lose is fairly moronic though.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How someone could say they'd be happy with a loss tonight is just mad. Its actually baffling.. This was a game we desperately needed to win to keep in touch with BVB, and you wanted use to lose it!

Don't get me wrong we played crap and i'm pretty pissed at that. But not enough to want us to lose.

Na, you can jog on with that nonsense.

I never once said I would be happy with a lose, there is no happiness in losing

Who said we were happy with it? Actively wanting the team you support to lose is fairly moronic though.

Who said I said you were happy with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jesus. Watching a documentary about Pires on SS1 and he basically says that Wenger was the reason he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Point being you'd rather we lost tonight, than won.

Which is just silly..

Who said anybody was happy about it?

Quazzie wrote: »
    Jesus. Watching a documentary about Pires on SS1 and he basically says that Wenger was the reason he left.

Did he explain that at all ?

Quazzie wrote: »

Why?
    Pires still spends time at arsenal, there's often images of him at training

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement