Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Him and Ox were the only ones shouting to everyone to get back to the spot. I seriously think some of our players haven't got the killer instinct and are happy to accept second best as long as they get their paychecks. Sanchez is the only one playing for the jersey at the moment. A disgraceful performance agaisn't a team playing with youngsters and half their first team missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Seems fairly improbable that Alexis even knows the word pathetic.

And after the second:

B0nRtIQCQAAcUme.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mert saying that the team is not training hard enough :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mert saying that the team is not training hard enough :confused:

where is that from, tayto?

Irish Aris wrote: »

SSN today. Wenger denied it .... obviously.
    http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2014/10/per-mertesacker-says-arsenal-training-hard-enough/

Wilshere suspended for tomorrow too.

Irish Aris wrote: »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11183679/Per-Mertesacker-blames-Arsenals-attitude-in-training-for-struggles-in-Premier-League-and-Champions-League.html

What he means is they must train harder to improve their style, not work harder to run themselves into the ground and cause themselves injuries.

Basil3 wrote: »
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11183679/Per-Mertesacker-blames-Arsenals-attitude-in-training-for-struggles-in-Premier-League-and-Champions-League.html

What he means is they must train harder to improve their style, not work harder to run themselves into the ground and cause themselves injuries.

Either way its a criticism of the present training methods.
    Wenger won't like that.

Wenger won't like that.

I read it as a criticism of the players themselves, and their attitude, rather than the how they were being trained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Wenger won't like that.

I am not sure what the criticism is to be honest.
    The title is a bit misleading, in fairness.
    And in any case, it doesn't do any good at this stage.

I will miss the game tomorrow (again, college), but I don't mind as I expect it to be a nerve-racking process.
    Hope the team doesn't think that because the Saints walked all over them last week, that this will be easy. They need to give all they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Wenger won't like that.

Think you're misreading that tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Hope too see walcott back today

Not expecting anything from him, will just be good too see him back on the pitch again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

We'll struggle today if we don't get one early. Probably the worst time to be facing Sunderland after last week they'll have to but in a serious shift.

Arteta back in for Flamini will be good

Think you're misreading that tbh.

Maybe so but Wenger didn't like Mert saying that. I heard him being interviewed on Sky Sports -

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9532019/premier-league-arsenal-manager-arsene-wenger-rejects-per-mertesackers-call-to-train-harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Wenger just didn't agree with him. Not a whole lot to this!

symbolic wrote: »
    Wenger just didn't agree with him. Not a whole lot to this!

Indeed but Wenger's tone was not that of a happy camper. I suppose any manager wouldn't like their training methods or intensity criticised.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully Sunderland's heads will still be down after last week, they'll most likely go out of their way to frustrate us though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hopefully Sunderland's heads will still be down after last week, they'll most likely go out of their way to frustrate us though.

Sunderland have been playing very well apart from that game last week. They had been conceding few goals up to that too. They were well in the game until the mistake that made it 2 nil and then were denied a clear-cut penalty. After that the errors made things a lot worse.
    Poyet will have them up for it today, make no mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ramsey Arteta pivot today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Hopefully, with Santi central.

A good performance might cement that until Ozil returns.

Then Alexis right and god knows who left.

Actually would be happy with anyone of Chambo, Campbell, Podski or even Gibbs there.

Then we have to start Bellerin with Chambers at CB. Though I think this will happen with Szcz back.

Time to start Campbell and give him a chance. Could be just what we need.
    Maybe Alexis on left and Campbell on the right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Time to start Campbell and give him a chance. Could be just what we need.
    Maybe Alexis on left and Campbell on the right.

Agree. If Wenger thinks he good enough to bring off the bench when we're in trouble then surely he must be good enough to start a game.

Might be a controversial opinion but I'm glad Jack is suspended today. We're a better team without him in it. Would go with

Szcz
    Bellerin Chambers Mert Gibbs
    Ramsey Arteta
    Campbell Santi Sanchez
    Welbeck

Agree. If Wenger thinks he good enough to bring off the bench when we're in trouble then surely he must be good enough to start a game.

Indeed but Wenger might only play Campbell if he plays Chambers at RB. Might not trust Bellerin and Campbell on the right. I think they'd be ok though especially if needs must.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Campbell hasn't put a foot wrong for us so far, definitely deserves to start

Nice article on "Where are they Now" regarding the Invincibles.
    Many of them still playing.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9520756/where-are-the-invincibles-now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

No one wants Ox to start or is he out?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Campbell has looked good in both his recent sub appearances, particularly against hull. I remember him giving away possession on the edge of the Hull box, but he bust a gut and won it back in our own half. I was sceptical after his poor showing in the capital one but he definitely deserves to be playing more imo, particularly with all our injuries. Theo coming back might mean he won't get much of a shot though.

Edit: Anyone watching the City/West Ham game? Jenks having a solid enough match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Whats the story with Oxlade Chamberlain lads, he just hasn't done anything for me the past year or so, I think he needs to start producing the goods sooner rather than later, when he first signed he looked like he was going to be world class.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Whats the story with Oxlade Chamberlain lads, he just hasn't done anything for me the past year or so, I think he needs to start producing the goods sooner rather than later, when he first signed he looked like he was going to be world class.

I find him a bit lazy tbh. He hasn't convinced me with his attitude. Was dropped last season for failing to track back and tackle when Swansea scored at our place. He has not scored enough goals either for the amount of games he's got. I like him though and i'd blame injuries for the inconsistency but he does need to get his act together soon and make himself a regular.

Monreal starting in CB, Flamini and Arteta in CM. Ramsey on the bench, no Wilshire in the squad (suspended? Injury?).

I presume it won't be a 4-1-4-1 with that midfield, Caz, Sanchez and Oxo behind Welbeck.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Monreal starting in CB, Flamini and Arteta in CM. Ramsey on the bench, no Wilshire in the squad (suspended? Injury?).

I presume it won't be a 4-1-4-1 with that midfield, Caz, Sanchez and Oxo behind Welbeck.

No speed in the centre of midfield for sure with Flam and Arteta.
    Wilshere is suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Song MOTM against City. He really put a shift in as DM. Despite the fact I wasn't disapointed when he left, under the current circumstances I'd have him back right now.

If we really did get our act together second is possible for anyone.

Raf32 wrote: »
    If we really did get our act together second is possible for anyone.

I still stand by my statement that we will be 2nd for Christmas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

omega man wrote: »
    Song MOTM against City. He really put a shift in as DM. Despite the fact I wasn't disapointed when he left, under the current circumstances I'd have him back right now.

Song is at West Ham????? :confused:

That completely went by me in the summer. He'll do well for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Song is at West Ham????? :confused:

That completely went by me in the summer. He'll do well for them.

Do keep up ;-)

Yeah he's on loan from barca.

Paul Merson: "How can a club with bundles & bundles of money like Arsenal be playing Monreal at centre-back?"

I still stand by my statement that we will be 2nd for Christmas

i hope your righht, on paper we have an ok run coming up but I really dont trust this team atm. Hopefully we can start to go on a roll now.

Paul Merson: "How can a club with bundles & bundles of money like Arsenal be playing Monreal at centre-back?"

Is Hayden still injured too?
    If so the club is becoming a joke. We seem to have more in the injury room than fit at this stage.

• Advertisement

Is Hayden still injured too?
    If so the club is becoming a joke. We seem to have more in the injury room than fit at this stage.

Think he has an ankle injury. Was just reading there that Winston Reid's contract is out next summer, would be worth a bid in January. He was very good against City today and we could do a lot worse. This Monreal at CB lark is an absolute joke.

And why in the name of jaysus did we loan Jenkinson out, thats even more baffling than not signing another centre half.

Lads, no stream chat please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

And why in the name of jaysus did we loan Jenkinson out, thats even more baffling than not signing another centre half.

Completely agree I think he was just starting to come good for us, superb going forward anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I have no shame in saying I think I'm in love with Sanchez. What a calm finish

On another level the fella is, what a player.

• Advertisement

I was gonna say the exact same. I couldn't see too clearly, thought it was the Ox on the break.....had I known it was Alexis, I would have been less nervous about the end outcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

He has some work rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So glad we sold Mannone

Good first half, nice to see our play isnt as congested as usual.

Arteta is doing well enough at DM today i have to say.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement