Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Arteta is doing well enough at DM today i have to say.

He always does against weaker teams. Would prefer to be a few more goals up, but with the way that they're defending, I'm not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sounds like Ox having another poor game. Wenger obviously doesn't rate Campbell highly it would seem.

omega man wrote: »
    Sounds like Ox having another poor game. Wenger obviously doesn't rate Campbell highly it would seem.

I dunno, I wouldn't single the Ox out as having a poor game. Reckon he has been one of the more lively ones going forward.

Gibbs going off injured....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gibbs injured again?

If he is then I think we should start looking at a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

AND FFS Gibbs gone off injured yet again :mad:

Can Steve Bould come on ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I like Gibbs but maybe its time to give up on him being able to stay fit and contribute as a starter.

One of the commentators here picking up on Mertesacker looking like he has something wrong with him as well....

Get Ox off please

If Arsenal win, it just papers over the cracks even more. 80 minutes in, 3 shots on target. Kinda depressing.

• Advertisement

Some of these players are not good enough to be at Arsenal.

Don't be fooled people. The difference between the two sides today was two massive mistakes by Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Another piss poor performance today lads, really getting fed up.

Very very poor performance. BUT 3 points.:D

Terrible performance but will take that. Hopefully get a run going now. Ramsey for Flamini and Walcott for Ox and thats our best front 6 at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

I've never been as depressed after a win in my life.
    We were absolutely shocking.

Arsenal made a good 3 or 4 decent clean breaks in the last 15 mins or so. Not once did Mannone have to make a save.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We were pony

But we won all that matters

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I said it in the match thread, and I'll say it here:

Two goals gifted by Sunderland isn't good enough to be honest.

Three points at least, but still, Sunderland looked like they could have let in another 8, if only we actually played well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Too many times have I seen welbeck run into the box with the ball then put his back to goal and pass it back to Sanchez or cazorla etc. The lad needs more confidence in front of goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Two home games coming up we could be 4/4 and hopefully get s bit of momentum going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Didn't think it was a piss poor performance at all.

Arsenal controlled the game - it was just the final ball that let them down for the most part. There was a really good moment in the 2nd half when Arsenal had a passage of nice interplay inside (rather than outside) Sunderland's box on the right hand side - definite signs that the understanding is developing.

Ramsey will slot in for one of Arteta-Flamini (love Flamini but Arteta/Ramsey probably works best), keep Cazorla at no.10 and you've got a team.

If Cazorla had his shooting boots on, it would have been a very different game (had a couple of good chances he would normally take without any problem at all).

Wouldn't really have too many worries about Monreal at left-back.

We'd be well up the creek without Sanchez this season.

omega man wrote: »
    We'd be well up the creek without Sanchez this season.

On several occasions he made brilliant runs and was on his own only for the player in possession to either take a wild shot or lose the ball.
    Sanchez didn't look happy about it. The only class player on the field today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Another game, another poor performance and another injury (possibly 2), nightmare season so far

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was beginning to forget what a win in the league felt like. Piss poor performance again, but it's nice to have a player at last who can capitalise on mistakes like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Without alexis we'd be boned this season

Our injured backline is pretty good
    Ospina
    Debuchy Hayden Kos Gibbs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Wken is Koscielny actually due back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wken is Koscielny actually due back?

Not before the next international break. Be nice if he could be back for the Man U game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ok, firstly I have to admit that I saw nothing of the match bit some observations.

1: obviously I won't be able to resist if I'm not so busy but not watching the match and spending a fun day with the skids is to be recommended right now. I mean until we start playing well, there's very little to be gained from watching us for 90 mins. I checked the score at full time and am way happier than the people who sat through it.

2: when people say 'we're playing ****e and winning', it reminds me a lot of last year when we never really hit fifth gear. I get we all wanted more this season but I'd happily take a dose of the mundane 1 or 2 nils right now.

3:2nd place in this league is totally up for grabs. Equally 5th is impossible to call too (cough Liverpool cough). There's a lot to play for this season and if we're ****e but get 3 points, I'll take that for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

if you lot found 50 quid on the ground you'd complain about litter

byrneg28 wrote: »
    if you lot found 50 quid on the ground you'd complain about litter

As arsenal fans we'd probably do our backs in picking it up ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Just granted soccer access, looking forward to posting my views here, and hoping you lads go easy on me…

For what it's worth, our luck has to change with regard to injuries, and i do think Arsene has done his best to try put a stop to this bad luck with the German s+c coach. He also added real genuine class with Alexis. We are grinding out results playing in a hugely depleted squad, and I think we will turn a corner and mount a challenge. Confidence is low, but I'm sure Danny, Sanchez, Ozil etc will click more now that Theo is near…

Now I'm settling down to look at MOTD and the Alexis show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not much to add really, poor performance but still 3 points. Feel sorry for mannone, always had a soft spot for him

emmetlego wrote: »
    Just granted soccer access, looking forward to posting my views here, and hoping you lads go easy on me…

For what it's worth, our luck has to change with regard to injuries, and i do think Arsene has done his best to try put a stop to this bad luck with the German s+c coach. He also added real genuine class with Alexis. We are grinding out results playing in a hugely depleted squad, and I think we will turn a corner and mount a challenge. Confidence is low, but I'm sure Danny, Sanchez, Ozil etc will click more now that Theo is near…

Now I'm settling down to look at MOTD and the Alexis show!

God bless your optimism, we'll sort that out for you! Welcome by the way.

Hah! Thanks… I've been reading here for a long time, so used to the glass being fully empty!

I do know we needed a DM and a centre half, and maybe a CF, but I feel Danny was a great bit of business, and Chambers is a great signing for both CB and FB, just the DM issue. I've a strong feeling that Sami Khedira is a done deal either on the cheap in Jan, or free next summer. Wenger was never one for short term fixes. We have money now, but since we started spending, we've been pure cursed, big time, by injuries. Shawking!

You don't become a bad team overnight, and I do believe we've strengthened over summer. We will come good. I'm very confident. Maybe not title contenders this year, but a further improvement, and Sami coming, followed by a top class CF, and we're there lads and girls. Rome wasn't built in a day, especially the Wenger way.

Keep the faith.

I think forsythe will improve our injury record once his methods are integrated. I think that's certain. He's an American isn't he? Was just working for the DFB.
    What annoys me is that it took so long for the arsenal power(s) that be firstly admit that we had a problem and then to fix it.
    That's wenger in a nutshell.
    "Nah we don't need a backup CB, our second choice left back will do "
    "nah we don't need a DM, Everton's former attacking midfielder will do "

Frustrating, cos we're always one or two players away from having a really decent squad.

We should fix the issues now. once you start thinking "next season we'll be better, it'll be our year " then that kind of talk sounds like Liverpool fan guff. Shudder.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hah! Thanks… I've been reading here for a long time, so used to the glass being fully empty!

I do know we needed a DM and a centre half, and maybe a CF, but I feel Danny was a great bit of business, and Chambers is a great signing for both CB and FB, just the DM issue. I've a strong feeling that Sami Khedira is a done deal either on the cheap in Jan, or free next summer. Wenger was never one for short term fixes. We have money now, but since we started spending, we've been pure cursed, big time, by injuries. Shawking!

You don't become a bad team overnight, and I do believe we've strengthened over summer. We will come good. I'm very confident. Maybe not title contenders this year, but a further improvement, and Sami coming, followed by a top class CF, and we're there lads and girls. Rome wasn't built in a day, especially the Wenger way.

Keep the faith.

Kallstrom, Silvestre, Squillachi, Park, Poom and Henry Mk2 say hello. Among others. Wenger has made a career out of short term fixes. A keeper was ignored for years as it was cheaper to wait on Chesney. The team suffered as a result. I wish I shared your optimism on Khedira. If we didn't sign him due to wage demands in the summer we won't be getting him when he's out of contract and looking for bigger money.

keano_afc wrote: »
    Kallstrom, Silvestre, Squillachi, Park, Poom and Henry Mk2 say hello. Among others. Wenger has made a career out of short term fixes. A keeper was ignored for years as it was cheaper to wait on Chesney. The team suffered as a result. I wish I shared your optimism on Khedira. If we didn't sign him due to wage demands in the summer we won't be getting him when he's out of contract and looking for bigger money.
    In the greater scheme of things, that is rather a short list considering the amount of years he's on charge. Also, I don't have the stats to back me up with a 'fact' statement, but I would guess most other managers have dabbled with short term fixes a lot more!

Henry, I'll grant you, was the ultimate short term fix... And I can't criticise AW for that one... Legend of legends!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

In the greater scheme of things, that is rather a short list considering the amount of years he's on charge. Also, I don't have the stats to back me up with a 'fact' statement, but I would guess most other managers have dabbled with short term fixes a lot more!

Henry, I'll grant you, was the ultimate short term fix... And I can't criticise AW for that one... Legend of legends!!!

You're 100% right. The names listed above were short term squad additions. You're talking about someone for a starting position. Wenger's uncompromising on the players he gives a lot of responsibility in the team ... which is probably why we didn't get a DMF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Did anyone watch the match in the mercantile? Dara o'briain was in there watching.:p

Tottenham hotspur, the gift that keeps giving

Wouldnt mind United winning here. End Chelsea's unbeaten run and not allow them to run away with it.

Pretty great results all round this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Pretty great results all round this week.

Yup. And a 2 relatively easy home games coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I just want Van Persie to be gone. Still hurts seeing moments like that one at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I just want Van Persie to be gone. Still hurts seeing moments like that one at the end.

Nah don't even give him a second thought

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Yup. And a 2 relatively easy home games coming up.

There are no easy games in the EPL as we have found out before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement