Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

There are no easy games in the EPL as we have found out before.

Especially with the way were playing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Various reports none confirmed though saying Gibbs could be out for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

There are no easy games in the EPL as we have found out before.

Relatively being the important word.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Christ, what can we do but laugh at this stage?

That would be a killer blow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Christ, what can we do but laugh at this stage?

Hope it's shît or 6 weeks if anything

The worrying thing is according to the commentary I was watching, he was signalling to come off a long time before he actually did.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Basil3 wrote: »
    The worrying thing is according to the commentary I was watching, he was signalling to come off a long time before he actually did.....

Sames. With all the hype of Sanchez and the disappointment with Ramsey etc, there hasnt been any mention of Gibbs, which goes a long way to illustrate how solid he has become.
    Reminds me of a player like Gary Neville, never in the papers for superstar goals or cock-ups, just solid and reliable.

Pity if that rumour is true in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

You couldn't make it up. Massive blow losing him at this stage of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've seen nothing saying he'd be out for 6 months.

All i've seen is this -
    Gibbs' hip strain may heal within a few weeks if it's a mild one, but he may be out for 6 weeks or longer if it's a severe strain. #Arsenal
    https://twitter.com/AFCPressWatch/status/526421434516930561?s=09

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭emmetlego

This is like the Mayo team and the gypsy curse!!!!! Madness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Just got ticket for the Basel-Madrid game, for a few minutes there I didnt care about Arsenal anymore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

If Gibbs is out for 6 months, then it's gone way beyond the joke stage. Monreal is good cover though.

Something that Arseblog touched on this morning that is worth mentioning is the use of the squad.

Compared to Chelsea say, Mourinho seems to be able to keep fringe players like Schurle/Willian/Salla/(to a lesser degree) happy by giving them 60 mins or 20/30 mins.

Pellegrini also with Navas, Fernando, Kolorav, Navas.

Wenger doesnt seem to do the same.

Might be no harm to start Poldi or Rosicky and call them ashore then after 60 mins.

It's early in the season for players to be complaining about lack of gametime.

v Burnley for eg:

our 5 fit defenders

Arteta
    Walcott Rosicky Poldi
    Alexis
    Welbeck

The Ox for Walcott, Cambell for Poldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Nice finish from Maitland-Niles in the U21 against Stoke

InfatuatedPlasticKudu.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

My first post here, this probably won't go down well but it's something I seen on an arsenal forum, for the record I'm still pro Wenger.

since theory fa cup win list of things his done wrong

Not give bacary what he wanted, its actually cost us money, because we had to spend 11m on debuchy and sagna is a quality player.

Change formation, we had are best season last year in like 8 years and he goes and changes formation

Plays a top number 10 on the wing

Turn down cesc, while we now we got aaron and mesut injured. You could say unluucky but the same situation happened last year and his done nothing to safeguard that. Not getting cesc also hands Chelsea a big advantage.

Not sign a dm, everyone knows we need that, when we turned down cesc we all expected a top draw dm and we would have understood not going for cesc. But with no dm we might as well have got cesc and played him as a dm over arteta and flamini.

Now his given arteta a ******* contract extension.

Made arteta ******* captian so prob no dm in the future, with flamini also still got another season on his contract left.

Still not got a proven 25+ goal scorer in.

******* gone and given giroud a contract extension.

Sells vermalen and buys no replacement.

Loans jenkinson out, so we have no proper rb back up, which has left chambers to play there. Why would you not loan out bellerin instead, or have loaned jenkinson out last year when bac was still here and knowing he might have left. It would have given us a chance to see if jenkisnon was up to being are number one and might have save 12m on debuchy.

The above 2 issues have led to kos injury, as he clearly hasn't been right from the beginning of the season but we have had no one to replace him

Still persist with not playing two pacy wingers even though are best performances were benfica emirates cup, gala at home, where we destroyed teams like that.

Brings back Özil from WC with no pre season and doesn't properly rotate him or sub him in games and plays him out of position in a position he has to track back and do a lot of defensive work. And surprise surprise his injured, 133 days injured at sraenal and about 30 in his whole career before.

Still has are full backs bombing on when the ball is deep in are half which has cost us goals against city and spurs, not learnt form last year.

Done nothing to improve us at set pieces offensively or defensively. We using crappy zonal which leads to a situation where Özil is suppose to be picking up demichils. On offensive set pieces I saw an analyses by Neville and caragher, and at corners we had like 2 players in the box on one with no one attacking the front post no one at the back it was comical.

Not get rid of poldolski who is on 100k and he clearly doesn't fancy him

Not even give cambpell a sniff, again like poldolski why not sell him and make money.

Not got rid of abou the guy just is taking up a squad place.

Under uses ox who is in good form and gives us something different.

Lost his cool with Mourinho, showing the world his got under his skin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Tbh I think he is overusing oxlade Chamberlain and hes not on great form in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What would be the best way to get hold of a ticket at the last minute? Will be in London this week and will hang on for the game against Burnley. Are there any tickets on sale on the day, or whats it like trying to get one outside the stadium?

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Tbh I think he is overusing oxlade Chamberlain and hes not on great form in my opinion

My post was just something I noticed on a forum.

Just seems a lot are questioning Wenger at the moment, but hopefully we have turned a corner, Sanchez what a signing.

Alexis Sanchez so far this season.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/526792166547656704/photo/1

He have an absolute gem of a player here.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Alexis Sanchez so far this season.

https://twitter.com/mixedknuts/status/526792166547656704/photo/1

He have an absolute gem of a player here.
    Really baffling barca let him and fabregas leave in the same window.

• Advertisement

Rumours that Kieran Gibbs isn't out for 6 months at all and might be back for Saturday. Would be some welcome good injury news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

shano_88 wrote: »
    Rumours that Kieran Gibbs isn't out for 6 months at all and might be back for Saturday. Would be some welcome good injury news.

Maybe our luck is changing.:D
    2 weeks apparently -

http://www.arsenalreport.com/injuryroom/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Really baffling barca let him and fabregas leave in the same window.

And we gave them Vermaelen who's still to kick a ball for them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

greendom wrote: »
    And we gave them Vermaelen who's still to kick a ball for them

He's injured, barcas medical staff advised against the transfer I heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

bad2dabone wrote: »
    He's injured, barcas medical staff advised against the transfer I heard

Exactly, genius of Wenger to sell them a dud!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

greendom wrote: »
    Exactly, genius of Wenger to sell them a dud!

Be careful. He may buy him back in January!!

omega man wrote: »
    Be careful. He may buy him back in January!!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Barlett

Hey lads...I'm a regular here so hope I won't get slaughtered for this. But we spoke to Amy Lawrence on her new book Invincible on our show tomorrow, Team 33 on Newstalk. Nice interview & some thoughts on what has changed in Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Im top of the Boards Arsenal FF league,......just sayin :). Maybe I could give Le Prof a few tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Barlett wrote: »
    Hey lads...I'm a regular here so hope I won't get slaughtered for this. But we spoke to Amy Lawrence on her new book Invincible on our show tomorrow, Team 33 on Newstalk. Nice interview & some thoughts on what has changed in Arsenal.

Looking forward to this book actually. She has written some great articles in her time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Looking forward to this book actually. She has written some great articles in her time.

Listened to Arsebloggers interview with her last Friday. Definitely a book i'll be picking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

So we are in for hummels...?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I see Dortmund were beaten at home the weekend again, that's 5 defeats and a draw in there last 6 league games. Languishing in 15th with 7 points in 9 games :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I see Dortmund were beaten at home the weekend again, that's 5 defeats and a draw in there last 6 league games. Languishing in 15th with 7 points in 9 games :eek:

And yet their trashing everyone in Europe, albeit it being a very weak group. Maybe have given up on the league with Bayern there and trying to focus on Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Raf32 wrote: »
    And yet their trashing everyone in Europe, albeit it being a very weak group. Maybe have given up on the league with Bayern there and trying to focus on Europe?

I just think the way they play is more suited to the Champions Lge, a bit like us in fact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I just think the way they play is more suited to the Champions Lge, a bit like us in fact.

Yup agreed, we could set up very well in Europe once Theo and Ozil come back and settle with 4-2-3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Was wondering were Burnley playing in the league cup this week but read they went out in August to Sheff Wed. They'll be fresh for Saturday too. A must win game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wow . 189 pounds for tickets to see arsenal take on the mighty Anderlect next week.

****ing piss take

wow . 189 pounds for tickets to see arsenal take on the mighty Anderlect next week.

****ing piss take

We seem to be more about financial success than football success.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats insane money in fairness. Is it to try and trick us into thinking a season ticket is good value or what?

• Advertisement

those are club level seats but still..

redicolous.

i paid about £100 for club level seats against Hull city in a league match(same catagory as the Anderleit game) .

this is just taking the piss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

those are club level seats but still..

redicolous.

i paid about £100 for club level seats against Hull city in a league match(same catagory as the Anderleit game) .

this is just taking the piss

I guess like every business...... If people will pay it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Thats insane money in fairness. Is it to try and trick us into thinking a season ticket is good value or what?

In fairness, there's tickets available right now for £43 too. Still expensive but not ridiculous.

I'm looking at trying to get a ticket for the Dortmund game and saw one today for £52 on the ticket exchange.

Think every match I've watched this year featuring a team with 3 at the back has resulted in them getting hammered :D

Basil3 wrote: »
    Think every match I've watched this year featuring a team with 3 at the back has resulted in them getting hammered :D

Mainly because of poor tactics and players neglecting there responsibilities. 3 at the back can work very VERY well, but it is difficult to get it right.

In that set up obviously Sanchez and Walcott have a big job tracking runners, also if Chambers or Kosc get pulled Arteta fits in beside Mert, Ramsey and Wilshere have free roam but can cut balls out and cover on the wings, etc

Would definitely be difficult to organize but if they got it right it could be magical. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thats not how a 3 at the back team should look.
    We'd get hammered.

Also it involves us playing all our CBs.. Which with our injury record would also kill us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

BFG is way too slow to play in a three man defence.

Quazzie wrote: »
    BFG is way too slow to play in a three man defence.

I was using it in FIFA with Kompany and Hummels instead of Per and Chambers and Vidal instead of Arteta. I just made the formation to suit my playing style and thought it was interesting.

In fairness, there's tickets available right now for £43 too. Still expensive but not ridiculous.

I'm looking at trying to get a ticket for the Dortmund game and saw one today for £52 on the ticket exchange.

£43? which seats?

is it a back seat row down the old pub?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement