Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Who used to post the amount of goals scored by our players after each game??

For example;

Sanchez 8
    Welbeck 5
    Podolski 1

Probably not accurate in the slightest just estimates, it was always interesting to see! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think it was Galvasan - I'll do it to start us off:-

Sanchez 8 (5)
    Welbeck 5 (3)
    Ramsey 2 (2)
    Giroud 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Ox 1(1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)

League goals in brackets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

greendom wrote: »

Sanchez 8 (5)
    Welbeck 5 (3)
    Ramsey 2 (2)
    Giroud 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Ox 1(1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)

League goals in brackets

Something is off there man, Welbz has 5 and 3 in league but that can't be right cause he got 3 vs Gala alone?

Something is off there man, Welbz has 5 and 3 in league but that can't be right cause he got 3 vs Anderlecht alone?

You mean galatasaray? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Sanchez 8 (5)
    Welbeck 5 (3)
    Ramsey 2 (2)
    Giroud 1 (1)
    Gibbs 1 (0)
    Koscielny 1 (1)
    Ox 1(1)
    Podolski 1(0)
    Wishere 1(1)
    Ozil 1(1)

League goals in brackets

We'd be screwed without Sanchez :eek: Only in England a couple of months and he is running the show, top top player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Lol at arsenal on FB putting Wilshere up for player of the month with Ox and Welbeck as challengers to Sanchez...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

In fairness, there's tickets available right now for £43 too. Still expensive but not ridiculous.

I'm looking at trying to get a ticket for the Dortmund game and saw one today for £52 on the ticket exchange.

If you buy at the right time tickets are relatively cheap IMO, I'm going to the game this weekend and ticket in the Clock End was £36.50, that's reasonable to me. Then again if I want a ticket to the United game in a few weeks the cat. A games is where it starts getting absurd.

Something is off there man, Welbz has 5 and 3 in league but that can't be right cause he got 3 vs Gala alone?

pretty sure that's right - 1 goal against Villa and the other against Hull ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Ramsey has 3 and giroud 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

pretty sure that's right - 1 goal against Villa and the other against Hull ?

Oh wait, do you mean the brackets are non-league goals?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Ramsey has 3 and giroud 2

I didn't include the Charity Shield - that also means that Cazorla has 1

Oh wait, do you mean the brackets are non-league goals?

No you're right the 3 and the 2 want swapping - last time I do this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It was always total goals first then league goals in brackets when Galvasean did it.

I think he said something about not being about to do it as much this year on the last thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Oh right. First day on the job, you'll pick it up :pac:
    Yeah, didn't see him missing
    would you be up for doing the assists too? (few extra pound in for ya) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

blag wrote: »
    If you buy at the right time tickets are relatively cheap IMO, I'm going to the game this weekend and ticket in the Clock End was £36.50, that's reasonable to me. Then again if I want a ticket to the United game in a few weeks the cat. A games is where it starts getting absurd.

o i forgot to mention that i got tickets for the united match and it only cost me 80 , sitting same east stand as the anderlect one rated 180...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

o i forgot to mention that i got tickets for the united match and it only cost me 80 , sitting same east stand as the anderlect one rated 180...

Same stand but different level though surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

symbolic wrote: »
    Same stand but different level though surely?

the exact same level for the united game is around 150. still cheaper then the anderlect game which is not a CAT A game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

One of the best yet!! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Greeners you're having a right 'mare!

But I believe you have the top top quality needed to succeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He lacks a little bit confidence. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Greeners you're having a right 'mare!

But I believe you have the top top quality needed to succeed.

He got injured by the time he got to Giroud, but typed on. He's out of action now till the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Missed the game the weekend was it a good performance ? Any signs that were starting to turn the corner and look a bit more of a cohesive unit? Rather than 11 headless chickens.

2-0 on paper may sound better than it actually was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Missed the game the weekend was it a good performance ? Any signs that were starting to turn the corner and look a bit more of a cohesive unit? Rather than 11 headless chickens.

We were woeful. Handed 2 goals on a plate but created nothing of note.

keano_afc wrote: »
    We were woeful. Handed 2 goals on a plate but created nothing of note.

That's what I was afraid of.

I'll still take 3 points though hopefully they build on it though better than another draw.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ten headless chickens and Sanchez Marty. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ten headless chickens and Sanchez Marty. :p

Sanchez is about the only positive thing for us this season

Cazorla was very wasteful on the day - had he been a little more composed it could have been a much more comfortable afternoon,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Cazorla was very wasteful on the day - had he been a little more composed it could have been a much more comfortable afternoon,

Yeah, it's actually unfair to say that we didn't create anything. There was at least four occasions where we could have scored if the person in possession passed instead of trying to take it on.

A team with their wits about them could have put up another 8-0 scoreline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dat control by Sanchez.

He might lose the ball the odd time trying to take people on, but good god I just love how he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Dat control by Sanchez.

He might lose the ball the odd time trying to take people on, but good god I just love how he plays.

This one is the masterclass though - http://gfycat.com/HalfFakeGrayfox

• Advertisement

Saw pictures of sanogo back training the other day. That's bad news in my opinion, I'd happily never watch him play a game for us again

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Am i the only one who thought we actually played well on Saturday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

As bad as we've been I'm still very excited to see a Sanchez/Walcott/Welbeck forward line. I think the Ox has been very disappointing this season, still plenty of time to turn it around though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That's what I was afraid of.

To be honest I think Keano was sugar coating it, we were THAT bad.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Still wondering how AW will accommodate Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck and Ozil in the same team and not get destroyed

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Saw pictures of sanogo back training the other day. That's bad news in my opinion, I'd happily never watch him play a game for us again

Being very harsh on him imo there were times last year when he came in for Giroud and we looked a better team.

He is still young and has potential not his fault he had pressure heaped on him by our inadequate transfer Windows and appalling injury record. He may or not make it but to soon to right him off.

Think people would have learned by now not to write players off to soon after Ramsey, Walcott and Sczez.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Still wondering how AW will accommodate Walcott, Sanchez, Welbeck and Ozil in the same team and not get destroyed

Something like this - http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=5595

Can't see the problem with it myself. Sanchez, Welbeck and Walcott have proven themselves team players, were not exactly talking about 4 Berbatovs sitting up front.

Can't see the problem with it myself. Sanchez, Welbeck and Walcott have proven themselves team players, were not exactly talking about 4 Berbatovs sitting up front.

How class would that look :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    How class would that look :P
    BSH3MvV.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Right now I'm very content that we're not in the capital one cup.

gosplan wrote: »
    Right now I'm very content that we're not in the capital one cup.

yes a full week on the training field could do wonders - doubt the team has had that yet this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yes a full week on the training field could do wonders - doubt the team has had that yet this season.

Hope they spend some of the time practicing corners and free kicks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

When you look around at the players in our team it would be pointless practising corners, only Mertesacker and maybe Koscielny would be a threat, the rest of our lads are dwarfs. We should go short ball for all our corners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I very much doubt it.

I expect is to come back playing just as poorly but I'm happy that we're not playing our only four defenders in a game which would pretty much guarantee us another injury.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    I very much doubt it.

I expect is to come back playing just as poorly but I'm happy that we're not playing our only four defenders in a game which would pretty much guarantee us another injury.

We need to get our confidence back asap before we play teams who will exploit us. Kos will be back for United i'd expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

By buying Sven Bender for cheap when Dortmund get relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Gringo180 wrote: »
    When you look around at the players in our team it would be pointless practising corners, only Mertesacker and maybe Koscielny would be a threat, the rest of our lads are dwarfs. We should go short ball for all our corners.

I fully agree that we should go short on all our corners, we will be way more of a threat and this will then diminish the threat of a counter attack. It has come to the stage where I find teams are starting to really realise how poor we are at corners because every time the ball is headed out we seem to panic and there is always a brief few seconds where the opposition have a chance to break.

If we continue to send a cross in from a corner the opposition team will have to realise that the chances of it being defended is probably over 90 percent and therefore they will keep 2 or 3 players forward and catch us on the hop and break quick. Really can't understand how teams have not caught onto this yet.

It has become very obvious this season that we are not a threat from corner kicks, in fact it sometimes creates problems for us and other times we have conceded or nearly conceded from a corner kick we had. Look at when Barca had corner kicks in the past, they even had more taller players than us right now but they played to their strengths and utilised the more naturally gifted players in the team and played a short corner and this is exactly what we should be doing and I could guarantee we would be more dangerous from corner kicks while cutting down on the threat of a break from the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Have seen Sagna a few times since his move to City and he has looked awful. Definite upgrade with Debuchy if we can get him fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

Raf32 wrote: »
    Have seen Sagna a few times since his move to City and he has looked awful. Definite upgrade with Debuchy if we can get him fit.

I think Wenger sold him at just the right time in fairness, at the time I thought he was mad letting him go but his few performances this season have been poor. New team new setup and all that but he is an experienced campaigner in this league so maybe he is slowly deteriorating. As for Debuchy that was good business and has shown some good attacking play and he is up and down that line all day. Still needs to prove his defensive capabilities but so far so good apart from his injury.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement