Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Raf32 wrote: »
    Have seen Sagna a few times since his move to City and he has looked awful. Definite upgrade with Debuchy if we can get him fit.

I dunno we had one of the best defences last season, this season one of the worst.

Something has changed,maybe taking sagna out upset the understanding the back 4 had.

Wenger clearly didn't agree he was deteriorating seems he offered him a 3 year deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

yipeeeee wrote: »
    I dunno we had one of the best defences last season, this season one of the worst.

Something has changed,maybe taking sagna out upset the understanding the back 4 had.

Wenger clearly didn't agree he was deteriorating seems he offered him a 3 year deal.

6th best defense in the league this season. Clearly there's room for improvement and we haven't defended well at times but this is clearly hyperbole.

shano_88 wrote: »
    6th best defense in the league this season. Clearly there's room for improvement and we haven't defended well at times but this is clearly hyperbole.

OK fair enough, maybe it just seems a lot worst to recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

OK fair enough, maybe it just seems a lot worst to recent years.

It's been very unsettled this year with all the injuries - was certainly a lot more stable last season.

greendom wrote: »
    It's been very unsettled this year with all the injuries - was certainly a lot more stable last season.

This is it really. Im not saying im happy with the defence either by the way. Its clearly a problem.

Not buying a center back could really cost us between now and January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Still think it wasn't ideal breaking up a back four which finally looked solid, but sagna wanted to go and was out of contract so we had no choice, just pity debuchy was injured so quick.

Really hope kos Achilles injury isn't the start of something more serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Still think it wasn't ideal breaking up a back four which finally looked solid, but sagna wanted to go and was out of contract so we had no choice, just pity debuchy was injured so quick.

Really hope kos Achilles injury isn't the start of something more serious.

Debuchy looked very good up until he got injured. Zero time needed to adapt.

Would be interested to get a Newcastle fans opinion of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Debuchy looked very good up until he got injured. Zero time needed to adapt.

Would be interested to get a Newcastle fans opinion of him.

I remember a few did post right after we signed him.

To surmise (from memory) they said he is very good going forward, can be caught out defensively and will get booked stupidly on occasion.

Personally I think he is a slight upgrade on Sagna and was very happy with his contribution up to his injury. Any date on when he is expected back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Krychowiak is actually a very good player. Also seems like the type of signing Wenger would make.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Krychowiak is actually a very good player. Also seems like the type of signing Wenger would make.

Yes he's cheap.

Yes he's cheap.

I woudn't call a €25M buyout clause cheap.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I woudn't call a €25M buyout clause cheap.

I don't see anything about 25m on that but if we didn't bid enough for any of our other "targets" then we won't go that in this case either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

If AW is panning on getting a DMF in Jan then his options are limited to start with imo.

But as we all know, if we are going to get the best out of an attacking threat of Walcott, Sanchez, Ozil, Welbeck/Giroud then we need a player in that position who is slightly above world class - or at the very least 2 players who can rotate and are just good old-fashioned hard as nails, who don't blink at 8-10 yellow cards a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Abou Diaby Two To Three Weeks Away was super close to being back but is now two to three weeks away from being two to three weeks away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Abou Diaby Two To Three Weeks Away was super close to being back but is now two to three weeks away from being two to three weeks away.

His contract up at the end of the season? hate saying this but will help ease the wage bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I think this is the influence of the new injuries guy.

Well, it's hard to know with Diaby tbh but the really seem to be taking their time bringing people back.

Pretty sure Arteta would have been brought back a match earlier last year and we probably would have seen Walcott by now.

I think that Wenger went out and got the best medical guy he could and is now listening to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

gosplan wrote: »
    I think that Wenger went out and got the best medical guy he could and is now listening to him.

We're the best at injuries so it only makes sense to get the best medical guy he could.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

How can I tell if a ticket is legit?

I have a lad here offering me his season ticket for the game on Saturday, he sent me a pic. It is a card and has a gold print of the front of the stadium. But there is no indication of year on it, just his name and where the seat is.

• Advertisement

jester77 wrote: »
    How can I tell if a ticket is legit?

I have a lad here offering me his season ticket for the game on Saturday, he sent me a pic. It is a card and has a gold print of the front of the stadium. But there is no indication of year on it, just his name and where the seat is.

Ive a red membership only has my name and number on it, so it sounds ok, you should try double check with someone else with a season ticket, where did you meet this guy, is it on arsenal tickets on twitter or?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Wouldn't be too confident if signing that lad from Sevilla if he's only 6 months into a contract that lasts presumably 4 years, why would Sevilla sell especially as they are having a good season. So unless he has a buy out clause thats reasonable or Sevilla are broke I can't see that one happening.

Ive a red membership only has my name and number on it, so it sounds ok, you should try double check with someone else with a season ticket, where did you meet this guy, is it on arsenal tickets on twitter or?

Met him on Twitter, he is working the weekend and can't make it, I flyback Sunday, can't meet to return it so he told me to drop it off at his local Paddy Power, thought that sounds a bit dodge.

So there is no physical ticket, just the card?

Met him on Twitter, he is working the weekend and can't make it, I flyback Sunday, can't meet to return it so he told me to drop it off at his local Paddy Power, thought that sounds a bit dodge.

With the red membership i buy the tickets online, you get a confirmation email with ticket info on it, think of it as topping a leapcard, you then just scan your red membership card at the entrance into the stadium, im not sure how season tickets work, i presume the same. That does sound a bit dodgy, you should ask him about confirmation emails, check arsenal tickets on twitter, its really good, theres feedback from sellers, etc. and tickets always available through that. id even ask the mod of it, he might be able to help you.

https://twitter.com/arsenal_tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Season ticket (or gold membership ) I presume are the same cards as red and silver they just look like this but gold

184305612_8f3fe24eac.jpg

Have you got the membership picture?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Season ticket (or gold membership ) I presume are the same cards as red and silver they just look like this but gold

184305612_8f3fe24eac.jpg

Have you got the membership picture?

Looks like that, except red is gold and it has seat number and entrance on it.

• Advertisement

Definetly get onto Arsenal tickets on Twitter. He should know

ask him to log into Arsenal.com with his membership and do a screen grab of his ticket for that match. It will show his membership number, the seat/row and the fixture. That would be enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

His contract up at the end of the season? hate saying this but will help ease the wage bill.

I read he gave up or took a cut to his wages a good while ago no?

Wellington Silva granted work permit --

/articles/2249906-arsenal-transfer-news-new-neymar-wellington-silva-granted-work-permit?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_c

Ha ha "The new Neymar", love it :pac:

Wellington Silva granted work permit --

/articles/2249906-arsenal-transfer-news-new-neymar-wellington-silva-granted-work-permit?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_c

Ha ha "The new Neymar", love it :pac:

He probably wont even be used.

• Advertisement

Wilshere has a slight knock. Is there anyone at the club thats not injury prone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Wilshere has a slight knock. Is there anyone at the club thats not injury prone?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Its not even squad players that are the injury prone ones its the players that are the spine of the team. Wilshere and Gibbs are the worst for picking up these niggly injuries.

Gibbs is expected to be back for tomorrow in positive news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ches, Mertesacker (oddly, there's a lot of limb to get injured there), Monreal and, umm, yeah. That's it. The new lads like Sanchez and Chambers too, but they'll learn the Arsenal way soon enough no doubt.

Ches, Mertesacker (oddly, there's a lot of limb to get injured there), Monreal and, umm, yeah. That's it. The new lads like Sanchez and Chambers too, but they'll learn the Arsenal way soon enough no doubt.

Flamini never gets injured, Koscielny has played 150 games over the last 4 years, Cazorla is rarely injured , as is Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Flamini never gets injured, Koscielny has played 150 games over the last 4 years, Cazorla is rarely injured , as is Podolski
    True on most of those actually. Although Kos gets little injuries a fair bit, they don't keep him out for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I know he's out now with a long term injury but Giroud seems hardy enough too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And he's back in training after the next international break, way ahead of schedule

greendom wrote: »
    And he's back in training after the next international break, way ahead of schedule

omg omg omg omg.... please source

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

"He is not completely ready," says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. "He's been out for too long to start. He wants to play, but that's a period where the patience is tested.- Wenger on Walcott

"He is progressing very well, he is three weeks ahead of schedule," says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger. "He will join in with normal training after the international break."- Wenger on Giroud.

"I like to seduce my lovers under the sweet candellight of a beautiful Parisan night while serenading them with Shelley and feeding them cheese."

"Yes, he(Giroud) has given me an erection on a few occasions, he is a most beautiful man."- Wenger on Giroud again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Hyzepher wrote: »
    ask him to log into Arsenal.com with his membership and do a screen grab of his ticket for that match. It will show his membership number, the seat/row and the fixture. That would be enough for me.

I'd expect something like this too. If he's selling at face value or close to it you'd have to wonder why he's not just using the ticket exchange...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I wonder if we would see an improvement from Ramsey if Giroud was back? At the moment, that is the only real difference between this years team and last years and could possibly explain some of Ramsey's form. I think there is more to it than that but I suppose we will see when Giroud comes back if his form improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

farna_boy wrote: »
    I wonder if we would see an improvement from Ramsey if Giroud was back? At the moment, that is the only real difference between this years team and last years and could possibly explain some of Ramsey's form. I think there is more to it than that but I suppose we will see when Giroud comes back if his form improves.

Ramseys form is a strange one, he seemed to revel in the limelight last year but is really struggling at the minute. I think the because the team hasnt settled he hasnt found his own rythm or purpose. Would love to see him back to his best.

Expecting a comfortable enough afternoon on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ramseys form is a strange one, he seemed to revel in the limelight last year but is really struggling at the minute. I think the because the team hasnt settled he hasnt found his own rythm or purpose. Would love to see him back to his best.

Expecting a comfortable enough afternoon on Saturday

Arsenal rarely provide a comfortable Saturday afternoon!

Ramsey thrived as a box to box midfielder with Ozil infront of him dragging defenders with him. Also worked best with Arteta. Now we have pushed him further forward with this new formation to shoehorn Jack in. He will thrive again once we go back to Arteta-Ramsey-Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

For me we can try blame formations this season or Wilshere who has been performing better than Ramsey for his drop in form all we want but I don't see that as the problem.

It wasn't formation that made Ramsey act like a cock and try a back heel on the edge of his own box.

For me it just looks like he has got caught up in his own hype from last season and to busy trying to promote himself with magazines etc and not concentrating on what he's actually getting paid to do by the club.

I know this is something that emergingstar has alluded to as well. Looks like he needs to be sat down and told cop the fcuk on.

On the question of Wilshere. I think Arsenal would be better off long-term by selling him. Maybe using him to get a world class DMF. I just feel that despite his potential as a player, the need to have him in the team is holding us back.

Unlike Arteta, who I also think needs to be replaced, but will naturally be phased out of the team and isn't giving us selection problem by his inclusion in the team

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote: »
    On the question of Wilshere. I think Arsenal would be better off long-term by selling him. Maybe using him to get a world class DMF. I just feel that despite his potential as a player, the need to have him in the team is holding us back.

Unlike Arteta, who I also think needs to be replaced, but will naturally be phased out of the team and isn't giving us selection problem by his inclusion in the team

I don't see why we'd need to sell Jack just to get a DM. We're a rich club that shouldn't need to pick and choose. Right now Jack is actually our best midfielder (form wise) and imo it'd be idiotic to sell him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement