Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Quazzie wrote: »
    I see the people in here predicting a win tomorrow are the same people who predicted we'd trounce Spurs and we'd overrun Dortmund.

Ah give over, he's being optimistic. And pretty sure it's just one person.

I know it's pretty sad, but I'm going into the match just hoping that one of our players doesn't do something stupid and get red carded :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hope we win but don't think we will, a draw would be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

3 points today. I'm confidant of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

God forbid Ya think our team might win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

God forbid Ya think our team might win

Blindly believing our team will win every game when there is obvious evidence to suggest we won't means that you aren't looking at the evidence and questioning why that's the case. This means that the people who should be held responsible aren't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Blindly believing our team will win every game when there is obvious evidence to suggest we won't means that you aren't looking at the evidence and questioning why that's the case. This means that the people who should be held responsible aren't.

No it doesn't.

Fearing the aftermath of this one in here.

2 things to remember.

Jose is arguably the best manager ever.

We've spent top dollar on Ozil and Sanchez.

Chelsea have done likewise with Matic, Oscar, Fab, Schurrle, Hazard, Costa.

I'm not knocking them for doing this but they've just a head start in terms of adding the best player in each position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

gosplan wrote: »
    Fearing the aftermath of this one in here.

2 things to remember.

Jose is arguably the best manager ever.

We've spent top dollar on Ozil and Sanchez.

Chelsea have done likewise with Matic, Oscar, Fab, Schurrle, Hazard, Costa.

I'm not knocking them for doing this but they've just a head start in terms of adding the best player in each position.

He's as good as he is utterly deplorable. Just watched that Football Rivalries piece on Sky Sports, blood is boiling after watching his carry on toward Wenger since he came to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Give Jose our squad and our finances from 07-12 and see what he could do with them, give him any PL team with no money and see what he can do...

• Advertisement

Give Jose our squad and our finances from 07-12 and see what he could do with them, give him any PL team with no money and see what he can do...

That's fine, but I think if we gave Jose our finances from 14-present, with the current squad he would be doing a better job, and it kills me to say that.

He won absolute fúck all last year despite the squad at his disposal. The only thing that gives me some optimism for today is that Welbeck and Sanchez will do more in terms of pegging their players back. Last year their full backs bombarded us.

Flamini is the lad i fear for today. He gets caught up the field so many times. Hoping Wilshere might be aware of this and be prepared to cover for him.

That's fine, but I think if we gave Jose our finances from 14-present, with the current squad he would be doing a better job, and it kills me to say that.

He'd have ten playing behind the ball against better teams. Its his one and only plan

He'd have ten playing behind the ball against better teams. Its his one and only an effective plan

FYP :(

FYP :(

Its effective against naive teams but when they met Atletico Madrid last season they were found wanting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

kick off delayed due to flares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Can't afford to concede the first goal in these games. Nearly every game this season

Get Ozil off the ****ing pitch, sick of his lacksy daisyical ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Get Ozil off the ****ing pitch, sick of his lacksy daisyical ****e

He's played well outside the final 3rd, tbh jack has been as **** with final 3rd decision there's a few of them in it.

It's been an encouraging performance

Soups123 wrote: »
    He's played well outside the final 3rd, tbh jack has been as **** with final 3rd decision there's a few of them in it.

It's been an encouraging performance

It has been encouraging, also extremely frustrating, Wilshere is giving it socks, Ozil is a passenger out there and everytime he gets it he's giving it away

• Advertisement

Fcuking lovunb wenger today

His tactics are spot on

And he is ready to fight today

I fancy us to at the very least draw this game. We are actually not playing too badly. If we up the ante and make Chelsea rush a little bit we'll get the result. Chambers booking has allowed them to attack down that left a bit more though. He has had a great game but it was a needless booking

Fcuking lovunb wenger today

His tactics are spot on

And he is ready to fight today

How so?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Plenty of possession but little to no threat. We seriously need to turn things around in 2nd half. I'd take a draw right now but we really really need to win this one for so many reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

omega man wrote: »
    Plenty of possession but little to no threat. We seriously need to turn things around in 2nd half. I'd take a draw right now but we really really need to win this one for so many reasons.

That's the perfect statement for our away games when we go to our rivals. We need a win but I don't see it coming really. A draw maybe but scoring two goals, I just can't see it.

How so?

We're pressing high, full backs staying put not bombing forward

Bar a moment of top quailty they didn't threaten

Keep doing what we're doing until 70mins and then go after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Wound up my London Cousin saying - (arsenal) Can't afford the team Chelsea bought!

Toys all out of the pram!

And that's typical dominate second half and have a centre forward outrun both our centre halfs, one of them should be touch tight but no just loads of space

Ruins an otherwise acceptable performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Still don't think Arsenal need Cesc? :P

Well, f*ck that anyway.

Not surprised. Didn't think we'd get anything from this game anyway.

Kirby wrote: »

Sure we don't because we have Ozil for that crucial CAM spot.

We decide to play him on the wing, but that's beside the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

So as things stand we're 9 points behind Chelsea and probably out of the title race in early October. To make it worse we'll be behind utd and Spurs and level with pool. What a cluster fcuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

And that's typical dominate second half and have a centre forward outrun both our centre halfs, one of them should be touch tight but no just loads of space

It hasn't been acceptable performance for me though.

More points dropped, another game we have looked flat up front and easily stifled. Did we even work the Chelsea keeper all game?

Dominated periods of play but done nothing with it. A problem that has been evident for far far to long.

Terrible start to the season imo when you look at our points total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

We're so poor going forward. Very timid despite the creative players we have. Encouraging at times but it's all about the result for me

• Advertisement

So as things stands we're 9 points behind Chelsea and probably out of the title race in early October. To make it worse we'll be behind utd and Spurs and level with pool. What a cluster fcuk.

This is the end of our only tough run of the season, so it's not all doom and gloom.

End of the day, you have to have shots on goal. Chelsea have only had 3, and scored twice. How many do you think we've had?

Yep don't need him.

What we do need is better tactics and be able to change things up when plan A isn't working.

Put Cesc in that team and we would still have the same problems.

I think "dominate" is a bit much. Any shots on target?

Nope he's been quiet today, we needed Costa!

I think "dominate" is a bit much. Any shots on target?

I think we dominated for periods but tbh that's not enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That pass though.......

Assuming the loss, -6 compared to the same stage last season, -3 on corresponding fixtures.

I think we dominated for periods but tbh that's not enough

Possession just. Chelsea were happy to let us have the ball.

Not sure why Ozil stayed on longer than Jack, Cazorla & Sanchez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

This thread is a fix, close it down!

Cesc hasn't been that great. We showed last week it's easy enough to score against teams that have pushed forward.

They got the break today with the peno and managed the game very well afterwards. That's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I wish we could win a game against a top team even once a season..... Very disappointed here.

Possession just. Chelsea were happy to let us have the ball.

True because apart from the Wilshere chance we never really threatened there goal.

In saying that Chelsea weren't exactly pummeling our goal either they were just very clinical when they got chances.

By no means the first time this season we've looked static and leggy. But sure no matter.

Tough run of fixtures over now

Hopefully we can push on in the next 12 fixtures

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement