Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

We're not selling Jack, silly talk.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I don't see why we'd need to sell Jack just to get a DM. We're a rich club that shouldn't need to pick and choose. Right now Jack is actually our best midfielder (form wise) and imo it'd be idiotic to sell him.

That's kinda the scary thing. Jack is playing quite well, but more than anything it shows how badly the rest of the midfield are playing right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Looking forward to tomorrows game. Against a weak side who are really struggling while we have some players back from injury. I'm expecting us to play some really good stuff.

1-0 win for us in injury time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

3 points and a good level of performance on top of it would be lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

"He is not completely ready," says Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger. "He's been out for too long to start. He wants to play, but that's a period where the patience is tested.- Wenger on Walcott

"He is progressing very well, he is three weeks ahead of schedule," says Gunners boss Arsene Wenger. "He will join in with normal training after the international break."- Wenger on Giroud.

"I like to seduce my lovers under the sweet candellight of a beautiful Parisan night while serenading them with Shelley and feeding them cheese."

"Yes, he(Giroud) has given me an erection on a few occasions, he is a most beautiful man."- Wenger on Giroud again.

Hate that auld flowery language meself.
    Ya can't bate being straight to the point , like "get them off ya" or "get up them stairs and fast".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Feeling positive today. Walcott nearly back, Gibbs only a niggle etc.

If we somehow manage to avoid injuries for a week, Kos and Giroud would be the only major absentees.

The performances are coming, I can feel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gosplan wrote: »
    Feeling positive today. Walcott nearly back, Gibbs only a niggle etc.

If we somehow manage to avoid injuries for a week, Kos and Giroud would be the only major absentees.

The performances are coming, I can feel it.

Our best player still out too though in Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Raf32 wrote: »

Thats's debatable.

Our best most expensive player still out too though in Ozil.

It's interesting though, he is definitely more missed than I thought he would be, much like Giroud.

Burnley (H)
    Anderlecht (H)
    Swansea (A)
    Utd (H)
    Dortmund (A)
    West Brom (A)
    Southampton (H)
    Stoke (H)
    Gala (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    QPR (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Southampton (A)

That's the games up to Jan 1st. We don't really need Ozil right now for those games.

Ok Utd might be tough but we're at home and their away form sucks.

Also we're lucky in that our home game vrs Southampton is midweek so they won't be too rested and the Southampton and West Ham squads should be wrecked by the time we play them at the end of Christmas ( they both play Chelsea 2/3 days before meeting us). Very fortunate we're not meeting them sooner.

Dortmund is really dead rubber if we beat Anderlecht at home.

We have a really nice run of fixtures for a team in the CL.

Positivity!!!!! Believe everyone. We can put together a great run of results, go clear in second and close the gap on Chelsea.

No we have no hope of this league but we can settle the team and start playing like winners again.

Be positive!

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's interesting though, he is definitely more missed than I thought he would be, much like Giroud.

And Arteta, funny that not having a little perfect haired 98% passing machine in the centre makes a difference.

It's what you'd expect though. People see Ozil not going head first into 50/50's, Arteta getting bullied by the top 2/3 teams and Giroud cutting back instead of sprinting into space, and suddenly can't see any of the good things they do.

Bellerin - Mert - Chambers - Gibbs
    Arteta - Rambo
    ---Sanchez - Cazorla - Pod
    Welbeck

Seem about right?

Campbell, Hayden, Walcott, Flamini, Monreal - not the worst bench.

Get positive everyone! Pod to smash one in early doors.

Ozil was unbelievable his first half of the season for a new player to the league, i think people forget that too much. Got injured and his first season in a while with no winter break, his form petered out which was understandable. Then after a long world cup and being played out the wing, I understood how he wouldnt prosper. His only two games as a #10 this year and he has 2 assists and a goal. Hopefully by the time he is back we have ditched 4-3-3 and he is back in his #10 to show he really is the best #10 in the world.

Ozil was unbelievable his first half of the season for a new player to the league, i think people forget that too much. Got injured and his first season in a while with no winter break, his form petered out which was understandable. Then after a long world cup and being played out the wing, I understood how he wouldnt prosper. His only two games as a #10 this year and he has 2 assists and a goal. Hopefully by the time he is back we have ditched 4-3-3 and he is back in his #10 to show he really is the best #10 in the world.

100% agree. Thought Mert's comments about motivation after the WC too were interesting.

100% agree. Thought Mert's comments about motivation after the WC too were interesting.

Also when the constant comparison's to 'he who shall not be named' come, it's worth noting that one started the season after a horrific WC with a serious point to prove to everyone whereas Ozil had just fulfilled his childhood dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Basil3 wrote: »

He was the last time too. He's not near his best, but he brings far more to the team than the criticism depicts.

I'd have Sanchez over Ozil. Just works harder and brings more.

He's more suited to the premier league anyway. We saw last week what he could do by just harassing defenders who aren't that great technically.

I think Ozil has a higher level in him and we will see it soon as a #10. Two worldies though.

Will we ever see a ramsey arteta pivot again??? :mad:

I think Ozil has a higher level in him and we will see it soon as a #10. Two worldies though.

Will we ever see a ramsey arteta pivot again??? :mad:

Team?

• Advertisement

Team?

Same as last week. Only change in squad is Yaya in for Campbell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Liverpool are a shadow of the team they were last season! Hope Newcastle get at least a point!

DenMan wrote: »
    Liverpool are a shadow of the team they were last season! Hope Newcastle get at least a point!

They are on their way to getting 3!

They are on their way to getting 3!

Indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Is our match on the TV? Can't see anything on Arsenal.com.

Is our match on the TV? Can't see anything on Arsenal.com.

I've an app that says in the UK it's on Arsenal TV.

Predictions time! :P Top 4 is still very much doable, unfortunately that's about it. The way things are going I fancy Chelsea for the title with a record number of points. City seem stop-start again but should push on for 2nd eventually. 3rd down is up for grabs. United are strangely still somewhat of an unknown quantity, Liverpool aren't going well, Everton had a slow start but will probably match their points total from last season, Spurs aren't looking like doing an awful lot.

Predictions time! :P Top 4 is still very much doable, unfortunately that's about it. The way things are going I fancy Chelsea for the title with a record number of points. City seem stop-start again but should push on for 2nd eventually. 3rd down is up for grabs. United are strangely still somewhat of an unknown quantity, Liverpool aren't going well, Everton had a slow start but will probably match their points total from last season, Spurs aren't looking like doing an awful lot.

I think its between us and United for third unless City totally collapse. Think top 4 should be ok again.

I reckon come May the top 4 will be as follows:

Chelsea
    Man City
    Arsenal
    Man Utd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

I can't believe how bad Lovren has been for Pool. Really liked the look of him at Southampton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

shano_88 wrote: »
    I can't believe how bad Lovren has been for Pool. Really liked the look of him at Southampton.

He's still probably their best defender. Playing with the likes of Moreno, Johnson and Skrtel would make anyone look bad

If we matched our points total from last season in the 'other games', we'd get second IMO. Already played Chelsea, City, Spuds, Everton.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

If we matched our points total from last season in the 'other games', we'd get second IMO. Already played Chelsea, City, Spuds, Everton.

Yes, I still think that second is available for at least three teams.

We got 79 points last year, matching the remaining matches would leave us at about 76, can't remember exactly how many off we are. I'd be surprised if exactly 2ppg got 2nd place.
    Main thing is, league is pretty much decided and even with injuries so far it'd be extremely poor to not get into the top 4 with how other teams are going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Same as last week. Only change in squad is Yaya in for Campbell.

Baffling decision.

• Advertisement

Match thread is up.

Lazy b@stards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finally starting to look like a team.

Shame it was only Burnley, but it's a start.

3-0, 3 points, Theo looks fit, Alexis is unreal.

Sanchez now has more goals than Di Maria & Hazard combined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

Massive improvement on last week. We actually seemed like we wanted to win today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I almost get emotional watching Alexis, he reminds me of Henry, the one you can rely on to get us going and to dig us out a win through magnificent solo skill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Real pity Chelsea didn't drop points.

If we start playing like we can we could really close that gap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think that playing both Flamini and Arteta was holding us back.
    When we made the changes things started to happen and with more speed.

Alexis is going to be an all-time great for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Cant believe Barca let this lad go for only 30 million, he is every bit as good as Di Maria, even better imo. Great win, delighted with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

The team that finished that game, give or take, should be our starting 11.

Were it not for Heaton's performance, it would of been even more. Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

Chambers got 15 points in FF. Didn't see him do anything stupid either, like pulling a winger's shirt when he gets skinned.

Walcott looked very sharp and I would not like to block any of Podolski's shots, the man has some left peg on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Good win

But

We still look dodgy at the back and per's form is a worry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Alexis is just a joy to watch. Amazing player and performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Delightful having a player like sanchez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Good to see Poldi making a case for himself to be considered as an early sub, at the very least. He was very unlucky today and hopefully Welbeck will see him as a threat and push on a bit too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement